• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone takes a moment to savour the pure joy that exists today

Because the MINUTE we see some gameplay it will turn into the usual bickering over graphics, mechanics, changes, art design, music, voice acting, characters etc

Kagari,

Can you comment on the CyberConnect2 outsourcing rumors? That seemed like a pretty specific mention from one of the leaks this morning.

If they are doing the heavy lifting, with support from S-E proper and the trinity of Kitase/Nomura/Nojima, that makes it more believable that if they haul ass development-wise this sucker could definitely make it in time for the 20th Anniversary in 2017.

Sooooo many questions with no answers now.

If nothing else, I think it's very safe to say they'll want to haul ass and hit the 2017 date. With Final Fantasy generally having been very strong in this generation/the last few years so far (especially counting Bravely Default), and with the 25th anniversary back in 2012 having been so bleak because everything looked so dark back then, they'll want to come out fucking swinging for the 30th. And I think it's clear they're setting that up even now.

We got Dissidia and the DS remake of IV out of the 20th. They're going to want the 30th to be even stronger than that.

It's coming in 2017. Book it.

Man.... this was the epitome of the conference for me (sorry Shenmue fans :p)

So damn pumped for it. Hopefully it is a now a full remake instead of something like X|X-2 HD. Nomura directing is both a fear and curse :(

Godcannon

This just in..... Miracles.

I'm very interested to see the infrastructure of this game. I mean,G-Bike sequence? Mini games? So many questions! A combat system like XII would be amazing! Snowboarding....

NeoXChaos

If nothing else, I think it's very safe to say they'll want to haul ass and hit the 2017 date. With Final Fantasy generally having been very strong in this generation/the last few years so far (especially counting Bravely Default), and with the 25th anniversary back in 2012 having been so bleak because everything looked so dark back then, they'll want to come out fucking swinging for the 30th.

We got Dissidia and the DS remake of IV out of the 20th. They're going to want the 30th to be even stronger than that.

So are they gonna try and make KH3 come out in 2017 for the 15th or they gonna delay that to 2018 for VII? x(

If nothing else, I think it's very safe to say they'll want to haul ass and hit the 2017 date. With Final Fantasy generally having been very strong in this generation/the last few years so far (especially counting Bravely Default), and with the 25th anniversary back in 2012 having been so bleak because everything looked so dark back then, they'll want to come out fucking swinging for the 30th. And I think it's clear they're setting that up even now.

I'll be shocked, SHOCKED, if it hits in 2017.

I get the feeling they have barely even started on the game, aside from pre-prod stuff.

CyberConnect2 definitely lines up. One of their projects was listed like this

- UE4
- RPG
- Large scale development
- Developed for a worldwide audience
- Photorealistic
- Physical based rendering

dickroach

wo4Lru4.jpg

Really hope they just give this the visual overhaul and modernize/update/rebalance but not change! the classic FF style gameplay this was made with. If this is some action rpg in w/e 10 years it takes to come out its a wasted effort in my brain.

I'd hope they wouldn't mess with the gameplay too much.

You have the modern FFs (FFXV, FFXVI?) that can do their new stuff.
FFVII:Re could afford to maintain its classic turn-based ATB and still co-exist, yes?

Either way, I'm really curious regarding the overall gameplay graphics.
World Map? Controllable Highwind? High res HD pre-rendered backgrounds? The sky's the limit, but it has to be manageable if it's going to be released in the next 2-3 years. FFXV-style fully 3D world just seems unrealistic- but then again, we just saw TLG, FFVII:re, and Shenmue 3 at a single conference. I fucking believe in magic now. :p

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I fucking dare them to include Genesis or Angel or whatever they are called.

They will. Regardless of how you feel about it, Crisis core is a huge part of the series, its a prequel and thus will have major impact on the story.

Personally i loved the story of Crisis core and compilation , so a remake based on those is right up my alley.

CC2 supposedly handling a majority of the work just makes it better. If anyone knows how to make a huge ass game in record time with glorious cinematic elements, its CC2.

Illucio

Banned
That trailer was CG.

The game will end up looking like the trailer for sure though if not better. I really want to know what Square Enix's plan is for making this game, and how long they think development may take. I really hope they outsource a lot of the work or team up with other companies or even Sony themselves.

Sony lacks a lot of Fall releases for this year, they are really riding onto the idea that they have so many amazing games coming that Microsoft can't compete with but they are some ways off. So I'm sure Sony will back this game to help development just to have it out in it's full glory on PS4 ASAP.

They will. Regardless of how you feel about it, Crisis core is a huge part of the series, its a prequel and thus will have major impact on the story.

Personally i loved the story of Crisis core and compilation , so a remake based on those is right up my alley.

CC2 supposedly handling a majority of the work just makes it better. If anyone knows how to make a huge ass game in record time with glorious cinematic elements, its CC2.

Calling it, they will have a Crisis Core PS4 remaster/port and tie in a demo for FF7:re with it.

DR2K

Banned
This is the same company doing FFXV, a game that has been in development for seemingly forever, and KH3, a game that won't come out until the game that has been in development for seemingly forever will release.

And this is a game that's going to come out after BOTH.

We ain't seeing this in shelves before 2020. If you ask me this is going to be Squeenix's next FFXIIIVersus albatross.

It would of it were being developed in house using an engine that is in development hell. Looks like neither are a factor here.

HMD

Kagari you know anything about KH3 showing up tomorrow? they have a whole conference coming up hopefully we get to see some UE4 gameplay.

CyberConnect2 definitely lines up. One of their projects was listed like this

- UE4
- RPG
- Large scale development
- Developed for a worldwide audience
- Photorealistic
- Physical based rendering

Sounds about right. Anyone thinking that it may just be PS4 (this first, of course) and PC (later)?

sappyday

Rewatching the trailer and it hit me how much FFXV is like FFVII in terms of the world. It's funny how much people were giving FFXV shit because it had vehicles and people were saying "what is a car doing in a FF game"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Props to kagari for not telling anyone. Leakers annoy the shit out of me, I want to be surprised and it's so rare nowadays.

I was really mad to wake up to that leak :( I know people like leaks but maaaaaaaaaan all they had to do was wait 12 more hours.

Damerman

Kagari,

Can you comment on the CyberConnect2 outsourcing rumors? That seemed like a pretty specific mention from one of the leaks this morning.

If they are doing the heavy lifting, with support from S-E proper and the trinity of Kitase/Nomura/Nojima, that makes it more believable that if they haul ass development-wise this sucker could definitely make it in time for the 20th Anniversary in 2017.

Sooooo many questions with no answers now.

is this for real?!

FOR REAL!?!?!?!

no fucking way.... no fucking wayy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom