• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

kingkitty

Ok then question: Why are you then voting to lynch Blarg? Is it just because he is accusing you of being a Death Eator?

his death would prove that he was lying.

perhaps he's pretending to be Dumbledore (while actually having a worthless role). Make a bold guess (a guess that is wrong). Attract the attention of Death Eaters during the night.

Miracle

perhaps he's pretending to be Dumbledore (while actually having a worthless role). Make a bold guess (a guess that is wrong). Attract the attention of Death Eaters during the night.

Let's say that Blarg is lying, then why vote to lynch him? What if as Garlok said, he's just trying to gauge a reaction from you? Seeing how you retaliate?

I mean, if we are lynching ANYONE, we should be lynching the person that WE THINK or KNOW is a Death Eator.

So even if let's day Blarg is lying, do you think then Blarg is a Death Eator. If so, why?

Burbeting

Banned

Looking this at our perspective, you are advocating for killing off possible investigator, while you don't believe he is a Scum either. If you are Hogwarts, I symphatise with your situation (I've been there with Blarg sheaningans), but right now you wanting to kill possible Dumbledore does not bring confidence.

Kawl_USC

What's Gafia tradition in a situation like this? It seems doubtful that major discussion will occur beyond the topic of Blargs claim now. Is a turbo the most useful move here to get the to bottom of things? Obviously, I think giving it at least long enough for everyone to check in and see the new development is appropriate but will anything be gained by 4 days of discussing other issues when we could possibly be sitting on a sure scum?

Gorlak

Banned
I got hit with a 'Stupefy' and a 'Cruciatus'

I'm not entirely convinced on this part especially. Would he get the names of the spells? The latter would surely be revealed, if you experience the pain and lay your role open, you'd get a message.
But this stupefy is too much of a soft spell. Why would this be used by Death Eaters? Where is the curse that let to his weird spelling?

Gorlak

Banned
We are 3 hours in the day, half of the players haven't even been online. Don't rush anything yet. Let everyone have their say in this matter.

Miracle

Before we all jump in on the KingKitty bandwagon. I think we should all discuss any other possible candidates and the voting patterns that occurred on D1.

Right now it's easy to pick KingKitty at the moment but I want to have backup plans and have an idea on other people for the next day, day after, etc.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm not entirely convinced on this part especially. Would he get the names of the spells? The latter would surely be revealed, if you experience the pain and lay your role open, you'd get a message.
But this stupefy is too much of a soft spell. Why would this be used by Death Eaters? Where is the curse that let to his weird spelling?

I'll assume the stupefy was informed while he was told that he could now only speak without vowels. However, how can he be sure that it's a death eater role? Was the jester role in Election a mafia role?

And yeah, no need to rush this out, people. Also, even on moments like this, remind yourselves that mafia will try to influence even this situation in some ways, for sure.

roytheone

So a lot has happened when I was at work.

First, quicky about Rats: I can understand why he did this. He was a role that was slightly weaker then a normal towny (hitting scum with his random kill would take a lot of luck) and in certain situations could even be very damaging to us! Now, if we had a very clear scum suspect D1, I believe he wouldn't have done this and just drank the potion that night. But we didn't really have a very good scum suspect, the most likely other option was to lynch Burbeting, which most people still see as likely town. So yeah, in that situation I can understand his choice.

About swamped: Swamped is a pretty standard mafia target. Scum will not target the very low activity persons, since those will not be that much of a danger to them, but will likely also keep away from the top posters, since those tend to attract doctors, watchers etc. especially since we haven't lost any of those type of PR's yet. So that leaves middle of the pack players, and swamped defiantly fits that category.

Blarg: So blarg claims to be dumbledore that gets a report of all the actions that are done against him, which this night was stupefy and cruciatus. Stupefy makes him talk weird like this and cruciatus gave his role to a scum investigator. He is also an alignment cop that looked at king kitty and found him to be scum. For now, i defiantly believe Blarg. If blarg is a lying scum he will be pretty much dead after king kitty flips town. The only reason I can think of for blarg to lie is that he is some kind of lyncher or scum has found kingkitty to be a bulletproof role and this is their plan to kill him. Both are unlikely IMO.So yeah, I am defiantly leaning to vote for kingkitty right now.

However, apparently sawneeks also has some information from her night action, and since I saw we already have quite some votes on kitty, I will wait to hear what she has to say first.

Miracle

And yeah, no need to rush this out, people. Also, even on moments like this, remind yourselves that mafia will try to influence even this situation in some ways, for sure.

Exactly. We need everyone to chime in here. So far, only Blarg at the moment has showed a clue (if it's true) from N1.

What we do know is that only ONE person died on N1. In a game that started with 28 people, it seems like as someone else eariler said that is that there should be more than one role that involves killing another target. As in, more than one person probably should have died in N1.

But why only one? Did someone get role blocked? Anybody here have a role responsible for such an action?

Burbeting

Banned
Assuming Blarg tells the truth, and Rats' theory that Scums could use his role to their advantage, we are right now looking at a Scum roleblocker and a Scum investigator (and maybe Scum Jester). Assuming these both pieces of info are true, we at least have learned some valuable info about them.

roytheone

Exactly. We need everyone to chime in here. So far, only Blarg at the moment has showed a clue (if it's true) from N1.

What we do know is that only ONE person died on N1. In a game that started with 28 people, it seems like as someone else eariler said that is that there should be more than one role that involves killing another target. As in, more than one person probably should have died in N1.

But why only one? Did someone get role blocked? Anybody here have a role responsible for such an action?

Are you actively asking people to roleclaim? Really??????

kingkitty

Looking this at our perspective, you are advocating for killing off possible investigator, while you don't believe he is a Scum either. If you are Hogwarts, I symphatise with your situation (I've been there with Blarg sheaningans), but right now you wanting to kill possible Dumbledore does not bring confidence.

I'm saying he isn't an investigator, he's bluffing. If he was an actual investigator, and he supposedly investigated me, then he wouldn't see I was a death eater.

Being town-aligned, I don't believe mafia would do something this ridiculous. But faced between killing me or blarg, I say kill that blarg. Because if you don't, you'll probably end up killing him on Day 3 (or he'll just linger on as a distraction).

But I suppose if I wasn't the one being accused, I might also give Blarg the benefit of the doubt. So eh.

Anyways, when's a good time to role claim? I rather do it before I get turboed.

Gorlak

Banned
Miracle calling out for more PRs to claim is pretty scummy. Why would anyone reveal now and draw a target on their back? Why do you want them to come forward now?

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah I have a feeling a second killing role got role blocked. That being said, I don't think town should reveal all the cards yet. That's just giving scum more information when we'll likely have enough information to lynch someone already.

roytheone

No I'm not. Just making conversation. :p

Even if I was though, does it really hurt to try and ask anyway?

Yes, it would hurt. Someone, especially someone that is less experienced, could get over enthusiastic and role claim for no good reason, giving scum another pr to target.

Miracle

Miracle calling out for more PRs to claim is pretty scummy. Why would anyone reveal now and draw a target on their back? Why do you want them to come forward now?

I guess it does hurt to ask lol.

However I was not actually asking for anybody to reveal their roles just yet. I'm new here but I'm not stupid. :p

Miracle

Yes, it would hurt. Someone, especially someone that is less experienced, could get over enthusiastic and role claim for no good reason, giving scum another pr to target.

Maybe. But that also involves how we choose to respond to someone actually revealing their role.

Gorlak

Banned
You don't get away with such a suspicious move easily. You just hit the top of my scum list. You're not stupid, so you exactly know what you did.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Lol Blarg being Blarg? Getting off work soon will check in with thoughts later this evening

roytheone

I'm saying he isn't an investigator, he's bluffing. If he was an actual investigator, and he supposedly investigated me, then he wouldn't see I was a death eater.

Being town-aligned, I don't believe mafia would do something this ridiculous. But faced between killing me or blarg, I say kill that blarg. Because if you don't, you'll probably end up killing him on Day 3 (or he'll just linger on as a distraction).

But I suppose if I wasn't the one being accused, I might also give Blarg the benefit of the doubt. So eh.

Anyways, when's a good time to role claim? I rather do it before I get turboed.

So you think this is one of blargs insane plays like that lightning rod one from NX? Well, then you will have nothing to fear because he will back up before you are lynched. If he doesn't though, you are by far our best lynch candidate.

Kalor

For now I'm inclined to believe Blarg. If we don't lynch kingkitty then we could end up letting another Death Eater get another night. If Blarg doesn't die tonight then we can kill him tomorrow if we don't have any other targets.

I don't agree with the idea to turbo. We should use as much as the day phase as we can. We lose nothing from using the full four days.

kingkitty

So you think this is one of blargs insane plays like that lightning rod one from NX? Well, then you will have nothing to fear because he will back up before you are lynched. If he doesn't though, you are by far our best lynch candidate.

whens a good time for me to role claim roy?

Miracle

What do you even mean with this?

Well think about what happened on D1. Rats midway through D1 posts to say that he wishes to be lynched because (I'm paraphrasing) that he did not wish to possibly hurt anyone on Town. He never really explained why beyond that and he never said he was actually a Death Eater, yet almost immediately, people began to lynch Rats off and eventually, would be enough to lynch him.

And as a result of that, he was telling the truth that his role did involve a way that he could kill off a towns person, but he wasn't a Death Eater either. In fact, he was against them.

I guess what I'm saying is, we shouldn't rush to lynch someone or anybody no matter what role they claim to be. While yes I understood completely that SOMEONE had to be voted on Day1 to get lynched because we need as much information and as early as possible, but to lynch someone that we think is NOT a Death Eator, is in my opinion, not a great idea.

Miracle

For now I'm inclined to believe Blarg. If we don't lynch kingkitty then we could end up letting another Death Eater get another night. If Blarg doesn't die tonight then we can kill him tomorrow if we don't have any other targets.

I don't agree with the idea to turbo. We should use as much as the day phase as we can. We lose nothing from using the full four days.

Oh wow we got 4 days to decide? 0_0

Then why are we voting for anyone right now? We got WAY more than enough time to discuss everything we need to talk about before we decide on what to do.

Burbeting

Banned
Time for me to talk about other stuff than Kitty, waiting for Sawneeks to talk first.

Here is a list about people who have talked, but are always kinda vague/neutral, keep blending. Blending is a really dangeroud thing for town, for example in my list about blenders in NX… all of the scum were on that list. So yeah, keep an eye definitely on the blenders:
Zipperpinhead
TheGoddamn
Matt Attack
Gorlak
Kalor

This list still holds, I want these people to talk, because Scum can easily go inside the blendy blenders. Zipperpinhead has been replaced though, by Miracle, whom I have to rejudge, although he doesn't really awaken my trust for now. Especially Goddamn, I would still my vote on you if not for these new developments.
Drop Gorlak out of the list for now, he has made some good posts after this.

Also I'll add these players to possible blenders:
Arkos
Rynam

Means I have six blenders, bit too much for my liking, but what can you do in a 28 player game.

----

People who had voted both me and Rats yesterday:
Kingkitty
Lords of Castamere
Blargonaut (note: deleted vote from Rats quick)

This is just raw data, I want to look at these votes. The other voters who either voted me or Rats, did not vote the other.

roytheone

Well think about what happened on D1. Rats midway through D1 posts to say that he wishes to be lynched because (I'm paraphrasing) that he did not wish to possibly hurt anyone on Town. He never really explained why beyond that and he never said he was actually a Death Eater, yet almost immediately, people began to lynch Rats off and eventually, would be enough to lynch him.

And as a result of that, he was telling the truth that his role did involve a way that he could kill off a towns person, but he wasn't a Death Eater either. In fact, he was against them.

I guess what I'm saying is, we shouldn't rush to lynch someone or anybody no matter what role they claim to be. While yes I understood completely that SOMEONE had to be voted on Day1 to get lynched because we need as much information and as early as possible, but to lynch someone that we think is NOT a Death Eator, is in my opinion, not a great idea.

But you aren't asking someone that could be a danger to town to roleclaim, you asked someone that could have prevented a death to roleclaim. I don't fear us lynching them, I fear them getting night killed after they outed themselves.

Miracle

But you aren't asking someone that could be a danger to town to roleclaim, you asked someone that could have prevented a death to roleclaim. I don't fear us lynching them, I fear them getting night killed after they outed themselves.

Except I wasn't asking anyone to role claim just yet. I guess maybe I should have said something differently but to ask people to tell their roles on D2? This early in the game? No. That's dumb, unless the situation calls for certain people but not for everyone obviously.

Gorlak

Banned
Kingkitty instead of announcing your reveal, you could give us a list of people you suspect to be scum. Give us your viewpoint in case you're lynched.

Gorlak

Banned
Except I wasn't asking anyone to role claim just yet. I guess maybe I should have said something differently but to ask people to tell their roles on D2? This early in the game? No. That's dumb, unless the situation calls for certain people but not for everyone obviously.

What are you talking about? Now you're flat out lying.

Did someone get role blocked? Anybody here have a role responsible for such an action?
You are asking somebody to claim.

I'm here. I was staying up for D2 start with a prepared post about Rats's motivations, but the damn day wouldn't start (RIOT AT THE WORLD CUP) so I passed out and my points have been passed by and repeated. The Rats vote was sound; his claim was anti-town by virtue of the potion that could make him a regular townie, external special abilities aside.

The Blarg/kingkitty development is interesting. I'll catch up later today; D2 started at 0200h for me (was supposed to start at 0100h) and I need to sleep. I also apologize for inactivity after my Burb vote on D1; I was having successive sleepless nights and lost track of the real-life days.

RIP Swamped/Hannah Abbot. Her death confirms that everyone is a named character, and that practically anyone can be a sample identity for scum.

Hello Miracle! Welcome, my good... hmm. Personal pronoun, please? It wasn't specified, unless you are also [m] like your D1 double, Zippedpinhead. Hope you have fun!

Miracle

What are you talking about? Now you're flat out lying.

You are asking somebody to claim.

Except I wasn't. Why would I want anybody to claim their roles right now? I said before that I was making conversation. You are going on about literally ONE line that you are interpretly incorrectly using.

Gorlak

Banned
tell me when I should roleclaim?

You're situation is bad.

Blarg = truth -> you are scum and a claim is only made to provoke a counter reaction.

Blarg = lying -> you're a PR. Tell you what, it is very unlikely you get lynched within the next 24 hours. People have to join the discussion. If there are 10 votes on you, we should halt and give you a chance. If scum tries to turbo we have 4 big suspects. But I don't know if people would agree on something like this. I don't want to be in your shoes.

Miracle

Hello Miracle! Welcome, my good... hmm. Personal pronoun, please? It wasn't specified, unless you are also [m] like your D1 double, Zippedpinhead. Hope you have fun!

Hello! Do you believe in miracles? :D

M I think. We're talking about Genders right? At least that's what I thought some of the Ms and Fs stood for on the OP.

roytheone

why don't you answer my question first?

Alright then, just because I fear you will be a fucking rock until I do :

We aren't going to turbo you anytime soon. Wait at least until the half way point of the day phase. Maybe even longer. But don't wait until like the last hour of the day.

Top Bottom