• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Mazre

Coppa's text in bold

You've been extremely quiet since Boo died. You brought up how early on his death was then disappeared into the shadow. You didn't even really react with shock

That's quite the narrative. The majority of the time since Boo's death I've either been asleep, at work, or somewhere in between. The measure of my reaction seems completely subjective especially since you're interpreting based solely on text.

Who do you think killed him?

Don't have a strong lead here, Ferret seems overly obvious, but other than that it feels pretty wide open to me, I probably need to reread with a focus on Booboo'n

What alignment are they?

neutral/scum seem most likely; as above I need to double check on booboo'n but nothing is jumping to mind that he's done to draw a town kill to himself

Are they still a threat or not?

If we feel it's a one-shot ability then, no. Following this a little further a one-shot neutral seems unlikely, this would lean me more towards scum. This then takes us to why Boo and why now?

If it's not one shot, it's absolutely a threat. This could go either neutral or scum in my mind and further muddies our analysis as it gives less weight to Boo's death in the grand scheme.

Other people have their fingers on other people I'll turn my attention to someone else who is bothering me.

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

Congratulations! You are the lowest poster now! As of earlier today you managed to beat Dark's 3 posts to get to a new record of 4! But I'm not dogging you just because you have the lowest count. The other low posters - Karu, Setre, and so on - have made posts recently and have actually contributed to discussion.

You on the other hand made one post and it was only about the haiku power. And parroted that we should move on. Yeah, we pretty much already had at that point. You didn't have any thoughts about Fire or Boo. Only got haiku on the brain there, pal?

For someone going outta the way to make up a character for this (trying to be a mini Scrafty?) you are posting very little. I'm not even going to entertain the thought that a miner is some kind of subtle role claim. Or fake claim. Retro had already mentioned a mine in a flavor post and Scrafty even picked up on it too (as a place to visit... since you know, she's a tourist). More parroting.

I'd like to hear from you about this.

fair enough partner,

well im sure i have already explained the low post count, unexpected problems outside of nightvale demanded my attention, and i was left with no time to post or even keep track of what was happening.

I didn't chime in on the deaths of Fire or Boo because any observations i had made were already better explained better by others here, it would have just been even more parroting, whereas for the haiku discussion i actually had something more useful to say.

Sorian

Banned
fair enough partner,

well im sure i have already explained the low post count, unexpected problems outside of nightvale demanded my attention, and i was left with no time to post or even keep track of what was happening.

I didn't chime in on the deaths of Fire or Boo because any observations i had made were already better explained better by others here, it would have just been even more parroting, whereas for the haiku discussion i actually had something more useful to say.

And who are you suspicious of these days partner?

Mazre

Again, Coppa in bold

Who should we lynch?

I still like Setre as an option, Trigger seems like a possibility (more on this after Coppa's queries), I want to go over Ferret's and Scrafty's posts again as well prior to the end of the phase ; None of these are exceptionally strong reads but that's part in parcel for day 2

Who's acting different than Day 1?

On the whole most everyone feels fairly consistent, no major aberrations in my mind at least. Behavior in the early game is kind of hard to keep track of when we've got 20 people to keep an eye on.

Why did you go "Oh hey Boo died early!" then run off and not post again.

Double skillup event overlapping with Mihawk event in OPTC japanese version

UltraJay

I'm just popping in here before I have to go to work because I saw Stan posted just before I was going to leave.

fair enough partner,

... and his post is quite disappointing.

UltraJay

Okay, I really have to go. I'm keeping my vote on Stan until he gives me something better. He may think he'll just be parroting but at least he gets his thoughts out there.

Stan, who do think is most suspicious? You're looking pretty suspicious to me right now. And to be a little more forgiving, all those issues to took up your time taken care of or are they still ongoing?

Trigger, gryvan, and like Stanley, I would like totally super appreciate it if you would like, give me a list of who your top suspects are. That would be like, soooo fetch.

well my absence has left me without too clear a grasp on many of our dear neighbors, so right now im awful reluctant to be pointing too many figures, but i do have one suspicion that i cant deny.

Pop-O-Matic
his vote for me right before the end of Day 1 was just plain weird, i cant say that i buy his reasoning at the time, or the justification he told us later,
now i know i have been inactive, and how that can drive some toward suspicion, but a vote for me at that time was a wasted one, anyone could have seen that it would not have worked, so why not vote for someone more likely to be affected by it?
im not going jump the gun and call him scum, at least not at this time o day, but he is certainly the one i have my eyes on.

im afraid that's all i can provide right at this instance, later tonight i will take another gander over what others have said and get back to you about any other suspicions that are capturing my attention.

Okay, I really have to go. I'm keeping my vote on Stan until he gives me something better. He may think he'll just be parroting but at least he gets his thoughts out there.

Stan, who do think is most suspicious? You're looking pretty suspicious to me right now. And to be a little more forgiving, all those issues to took up your time taken care of or are they still ongoing?

fair enough about the vote, i do realize how i may look just now so i cant rightly blame you for pointing your accusations my way. ill endevour to be more outspoken in the times ahead.

as for the issues, they are pretty much completely tied up. i do still have some responsibilities that will keep me from contributing as much as i would wish too, but there surely wont be any more day long absences from my end.

Kevyt

Sorry all! Just got home and exhausted... D:

As to the poster who said nothing much has been going through my head... Well that's pretty much been the case for the past month tbh.

;_;

Trigger

Distraction from what? We weren't on the tail of anybody.

I think one of the possibilities is that Boo was killed to steer the conversation in a different direction. Perhaps hewas on to something?

That post. It's completely context free, short statement, that has been said in a similar way many times before in the posts before. I really dislike it.

Hey, I just wanted to voice my thoughts to give the rest of town an idea of where I stand on some of the current events.

UltraJay

I think one of the possibilities is that Boo was killed to steer the conversation in a different direction. Perhaps hewas on to something?
This sounds like someone wants us to chase a bad lead.

And now I will stop checking my phone while constantly refreshing.

Mazre

So I mentioned Trigger in my previous post as possible lynch today. I decided to compare my previous days reads and the final d1 votes.

D1 we had 7 votes for darklighter, the largest group by a wide margin, making it a compelling place for mafia to try to stash a vote. Of these fireblend was killed leaving 6.

flush, ferret, ultrajay, scrafty, trigger and sorian

I still read sorian, flush, a ultrajay as town for the time being.

ferret and scrafty I need to do some more homework on as I stated previously

Trigger has had a handful of mistatements, and odd comments. He's pretty consistently pushed the narrative on mike today citing a fairly simple interpretation of booboo'n's death that would seem overly panicky from what I've seen of mike so far. None of this is damning alone and considered together it's still almost entirely circumstantial but it's day 2 and still early in the phase

VOTE: Trigger

uh..... hunh. I see. I guess that's one way to go about dodging but do you really think it'll work?
I'm afraid I'm not really clear on what you mean. Who is dodging what?

This post is very good. It should get more attention. I don't entirely agree with your two names at the end, but the up to there it's exactly mirroring my thoughts.
Names were there mostly to move conversation away from where it was. That said:

Vote: seath

Nothing super strong. Being mobile-only sucks, but getting more than a few one-liners in would be really helpful. I hate to say it, but seath's flip might also answer a few questions I have about ferret and possibly a few others.

gryvan

I have a theory though.

I think there was a reason they couldn't pick Sorian over Fireblend. Sorian and Fireblend are both really active posters. However, Sorian was very aggressive on questioning a fare amount of people about their actions. If Sorian was knocked out on day 1, people would sift through his old posts and find the people that Sorian targeted and we would be completely distracted and focused only on those people.

But this is also a double edge sword that benefits town a bit.

Since Sorian did not get picked, IN MY OPINION, I assume there is at least 1 scum that Sorian did call out on Day 1. Because of this, they did not target Sorian so that we, the night vale citizens, would not be suspicious and focus on certain people that Sorian did call out. I don't remember how much fireblend called out people (I didn't check previous post cause I have work soon) hence he was a safer bet for scum to kill.

I do have a third theory with no proof but its basically, Sorian is a scum and wanted to lead the conversation by himself so him and his scum friends took out fireblend (The other active poster) to control the conversation. But this theory is too farfetched and extremely a guess. (But who knows, it could be right maybe!)

I was going through logic behind this post and the bold part made me notice something:

Fireblend had the following suspect list based on his reads:

Ferret (specifically: "He's gonna be a null read for me but not in a good way")
Seath (the ordinary claim)
Mike_Hawk (for protecting Seath)

Setre (maybe? I can't tell if he's suspicious here or not).

Boo Boo'n had suspicions on:
Ferret
Sorian

I couldn't find any suspicions he cast on anyone else (if I missed one please point it out to me), but the only one in common is Ferret. I'd like to know what Ferret thinks happened here. Specifically: Do you think there's any link between these 2 dying or not?

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

So I understand this logic and it does make sense but the problem was this was an earlier quote post from me being quoted before Boo Boo died but was shown up after Boo Boo's death. And then the post I made after Boo Boo's death was

Now the question is...why did Boo Boo get killed?

the past 2 pages was basically an argument between ferret and Boo Boo and nothing else (might have to recheck previous pages)

So unless either

a) scum trying to distract us and target ferret to be lynched?

or

b) ferret was the ability user aligned to scum and got sick of arguing with Boo Boo?

anyone wanna take a gander at theories?

I've said this to town just so they are aware that this situation WILL probably happen where we will highly paint a picture on ferret. However, its either you skipped my post while you were looking through other posts or its one of THE most suspicious things I've read so far. And to me, it looks like coppa wanted to start instigating what I said for option a)...so atm I have a high suspicion that coppa is scum even though he is one of the more active posters which I don't really like to vote on but this has been uneasy for me everytime I reread it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike doesn't give me a vibe where hes acting too suspicious but still have to be wary

Scrafty...just targetting those low posters and having no opinions about the current situation. No offense though.

Other people atm, I'm still in the mix atm.

VOTE: Coppanuva

Sorian

Banned
Mike doesn't give me a vibe where hes acting too suspicious but still have to be wary

Scrafty...just targetting those low posters and having no opinions about the current situation. No offense though.

Other people atm, I'm still in the mix atm.

VOTE: Coppanuva

I see one town member voting for another town member here. Just wanted to air that openly.

gryvan

I see one town member voting for another town member here. Just wanted to air that openly.

Like I said it was really suspicious of him quoting a post at the start of day 2 right after Boo Boo died.

Also i had a really horrible day today so I was not in the mood to do anything this morning until now

Sorian

Banned
Like I said it was really suspicious of him quoting a post at the start of day 2 right after Boo Boo died.

Also i had a really horrible day today so I was not in the mood to do anything this morning until now

No, don't worry about it, do what you do. My reads could be 100% wrong, I just wanted to comment on how I saw this situation.

gryvan

Oh also for stanleypalmtree, I've only seen like...2? or 3 posts?

it is extremely low and some of these don't really say much atm.

Glad to see Stanley posting and I hope he continues to do so. Did anyone else feel like the character was a lot lighter in those last few post?

Setre I see your vote is still on Sorian, you might be asleep or at work or something though, or maybe you stand by your earlier reasonings. So just to get a better idea of what you think, can you tell me who you find most suspicious at the moment besides Sorian? I know you don't do list but if you're willing to give two names that'd be cool.

Scrafty since everyone you called out earlier answered, how do you feel about their answers?

RetroMG

Royal's vote counter seems to be working again. Sorry for not posting flavor/vote counts earlier... Been caught up between school and all the Werewolf stuff.

The Boy Scouts of Night Vale have announced some slight changes to their hierarchy, which will now be the following: Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Eagle Scout, Blood Pact Scout, Weird Scout, Dreadnought Scout, Dark Scout, Fear Scout, and finally, Eternal Scout. As always, signup is automatic and random, so please keep an eye out for the scarlet envelope that will let you know your son has been chose for the process.
Another warning for Night Vale residents: Sources say that the Used and Discount Sporting Goods store on Flint Drive is a front for the World Government. This is based on extensive study of the location, and also because it has a black helicopter pad on which black helicopters regularly depart and land. Fairly unusual for a used and discount sporting goods store. We sent our intern, Greg, to try buying a tennis racket – and have not heard back from him for several weeks.

This brings me to a related point:

To the parents of Greg the Intern: we regret to inform you that your son was lost in the line of community radio duty, and that he will be missed and never forgotten. May you all feel blessed to have the family that you have, and if you’re looking for sporting goods, check out Play Ball right over by our own Night Vale community radio station! Play Ball is only a front for the Sheriff’s Secret Police, and so can be completely trusted.

The Apache Tracker—and I remind you that this is that white guy who wears the huge and cartoonishly inaccurate Indian headdress—has announced that he has found some disturbing evidence concerning the recent incident at the Night Vale Post Office, which has been sealed by the city council since the great screaming that was heard from it recently.

He said that using ancient Indian magics he slipped through council security into the post office, and observed that all the letters and packages had been thrown about as in a whirlwind, that there was the heavy stench of scorched flesh, that the words written in blood on the wall said, "More to come, and soon."

Can you believe this guy said he used Indian magics? What an asshole.

Current Votes:

trigger (2)
royal_flush 1043
mazre 1065

pop-o-matic (2)
sorian 877
scraftydevil 914

mike_hawk689 (1)
boo boo'n 814

sorian (1)
setre 974

stanleypalmtree (1)
ultrajay 988

mazre (1)
coppanuva 1044

seath (1)
absolutbro 1066

coppanuva (1)
gryvan 1067

Coppanuva

So I understand this logic and it does make sense but the problem was this was an earlier quote post from me being quoted before Boo Boo died but was shown up after Boo Boo's death. And then the post I made after Boo Boo's death was

I've said this to town just so they are aware that this situation WILL probably happen where we will highly paint a picture on ferret. However, its either you skipped my post while you were looking through other posts or its one of THE most suspicious things I've read so far. And to me, it looks like coppa wanted to start instigating what I said for option a)...so atm I have a high suspicion that coppa is scum even though he is one of the more active posters which I don't really like to vote on but this has been uneasy for me everytime I reread it.

So I'm not allowed to quote you from before boo died even if I think you had a valid point? I quoted you there because it was part of what led me to investigate any common links between them. I wanted to investigate possible connections between them, not necessarily your theory directly.

That said I'm glad someone is putting pressure on me for once here, even if it is wrong. Doubt is always good and I'm glad we have someone else stepping up here. You're wrong here, but it's still a good style to be pulling out.

Sorian

Banned
I'm going to go to bed but I'd like to switch my gears for now. Getting Pop has been like pulling teeth but I have a hunch that I may be digging into a town or neutral Pop so instead I will

VOTE: Setre

I don't really care that he voted for me and that's not where this vote is coming from. I do think his last big post was forming up a narrative that I generally just disagree with completely. I don't think scum killed Fireblend because he was on track and they needed to shoo him off but quite the opposite, I think Fireblend was missing and scum is hoping to capitalize on his death to chase down some of his leads in an attempt to waste our time.

He then switches gears to talk about the Boo kill in much the same way. If Boo was killed by scum, I think the same reasoning applies but the post reads heavy handed to make us think that the Boo kill had to be mafia. I don't believe that is the case, it's not a neutral, but there is nothing to say that it isn't a scum not linked with the rest of their team or (if it is a delayed kill from night actions) a vigilante that thought Boo was too quiet during the first day. Submitting that action during the day phase is super scummy but if they did that last night? I could see it being town.

Then he moved to the haiku thing and same idea, trying hard to sell that it is scum aligned (much like squidy was doing and I distrust squidy for the same non sense) but again, the choice of target smells more like town or neutral (this one could be a neutral) to me.

Basically, I just think Setre is just off base on everything or is purposely building an incorrect narrative. If it is the first then this vote won't stay here but if I deem it to be the second, this might just be my vote for day 2.

-----------

On a different note, so help me god TL21xx, you better not jerk our chain for another night.

gryvan

So I'm not allowed to quote you from before boo died even if I think you had a valid point? I quoted you there because it was part of what led me to investigate any common links between them. I wanted to investigate possible connections between them, not necessarily your theory directly.

That said I'm glad someone is putting pressure on me for once here, even if it is wrong. Doubt is always good and I'm glad we have someone else stepping up here. You're wrong here, but it's still a good style to be pulling out.

Your allowed to quote but the quoted post was a bit late in response so it was pretty suspicious to me.

Of course I realize there might be delays inbetween postings but so far this is what I can gander atm.

Also i personally do not bandwagon with people unless what they said does not make any sense at ALL. I do like to poke around the people that may not be on people's radar but at the same time they might not be townies maybe?

That way we get a little bit of variety instead of "THIS NUB ISH SCUM LYNCH DIS BICH"

Trigger

Coppa, are you as certain of Sorian's alignment as he is of yours? You think he's town as well?

A bad lead as in the same stuff we just tried to drop yesterday!

I'm confused. The post of mine that Flush was quoting was from yesterday? I was simply explaining my logic behind it.

Coppanuva

I'm gonna have a massive response to Mazre's posts now, since I'm finally at a house and can type better (I have no clue how you mobile users do it).

Coppa's text in bold

You've been extremely quiet since Boo died. You brought up how early on his death was then disappeared into the shadow. You didn't even really react with shock

That's quite the narrative. The majority of the time since Boo's death I've either been asleep, at work, or somewhere in between. The measure of my reaction seems completely subjective especially since you're interpreting based solely on text.

Who do you think killed him?

Don't have a strong lead here, Ferret seems overly obvious, but other than that it feels pretty wide open to me, I probably need to reread with a focus on Booboo'n

What alignment are they?

neutral/scum seem most likely; as above I need to double check on booboo'n but nothing is jumping to mind that he's done to draw a town kill to himself

Are they still a threat or not?

If we feel it's a one-shot ability then, no. Following this a little further a one-shot neutral seems unlikely, this would lean me more towards scum. This then takes us to why Boo and why now?

If it's not one shot, it's absolutely a threat. This could go either neutral or scum in my mind and further muddies our analysis as it gives less weight to Boo's death in the grand scheme.

1) Yup, everything is interpreted text, tis the problem with forum mafia. Anyhow, that was more of why I was asking you questions (I realize you've been asleep, since the range of your posts suggested it).

2) Fair enough, nothing too suspect here since that's a pretty standard guess. I'm not really sure where I stand on Ferret doing it or not right now myself.

3) Again, not too surprising. Another pretty logical guess and about what anyone would say.

4) Ahh you brought up one-shot use! And you bring up the irrationality of it all again, which is the part that gets me. The problem is I can't see why a day kill ability would be used so early regardless of which team is using it.

Again, Coppa in bold

Who should we lynch?

I still like Setre as an option, Trigger seems like a possibility (more on this after Coppa's queries), I want to go over Ferret's and Scrafty's posts again as well prior to the end of the phase ; None of these are exceptionally strong reads but that's part in parcel for day 2

Who's acting different than Day 1?

On the whole most everyone feels fairly consistent, no major aberrations in my mind at least. Behavior in the early game is kind of hard to keep track of when we've got 20 people to keep an eye on.

Why did you go "Oh hey Boo died early!" then run off and not post again.

Double skillup event overlapping with Mihawk event in OPTC japanese version

5) Fair enough, I'll respond more on Trigger since you mention him down below and there's more to discuss there. I like your read list, and I like that you included someone who isn't on a lot of people's minds in Setre. I'm curious if anything he said in response to my questions jumped out at you?

6) Very true, and the lack of major changes is going to make this a bit harder for now, but worth asking for sure.

7) Alrighty then. I'm willing to take that and the time being your reason for not really responding immediately, though it still does seem odd to not have any ideas back then.

I'm breaking the next into 2 parts since there's actually 2 things I want to discuss. First is Trigger (I'm grouping both your Trigger statements here from the start and end of your post):
So I mentioned Trigger in my previous post as possible lynch today. I decided to compare my previous days reads and the final d1 votes.

Trigger has had a handful of mistatements, and odd comments. He's pretty consistently pushed the narrative on mike today citing a fairly simple interpretation of booboo'n's death that would seem overly panicky from what I've seen of mike so far. None of this is damning alone and considered together it's still almost entirely circumstantial but it's day 2 and still early in the phase

VOTE: Trigger

Hmm... he certainly does have a lot of odd comments and has been stroking up a lot of attention. Does anyone actually think Trigger is playing normal at this point though? The one problem is a lot of it is circumstantial and just "He slipped up and forgot ____" or "he claimed ordinary too early" and things like that. It's bad play overall, but it's not really overtly scummy by itself. I think overall right now I'd be ok lynching him (as I was day 1 when I voted for him), but I'm also still looking for something more concrete because my feeling isn't quite strong enough to give up on that search.

D1 we had 7 votes for darklighter, the largest group by a wide margin, making it a compelling place for mafia to try to stash a vote. Of these fireblend was killed leaving 6.

flush, ferret, ultrajay, scrafty, trigger and sorian

I still read sorian, flush, a ultrajay as town for the time being.

ferret and scrafty I need to do some more homework on as I stated previously

I wanted to bring up that Day 1 might not be the best source of group votes to look at. It's definitely good to keep in mind, but it's also an interesting outlier from a typical day 1 ends in terms of numbers (at least in my GAFia experience). Overall we had 10 people with votes on them (and 2 people who votes no lynch), the 2nd place had 3 votes. While scum may (and likely do) have some people clustered in on the 7 votes on Darklighter, it was also a very easy opportunity for some of them to go vote on someone else and leave it there. We were pretty set on DarkLighter, they didn't really even need to push us there or defend anything. I wouldn't be surprised if some scum even voted for another scum at that point, realizing that vote wouldn't have impacted anything and could possibly be used as an argument for why they're town later.

Overall, I feel good with your statements, though moreso with your original content than your answers to my questions. I'd still like to know how you interpret Setre's answers, but for now my vote is off you. Still deciding who to park it on over night while I go sleep, but for now...

UNVOTE

Coppanuva

Coppa, are you as certain of Sorian's alignment as he is of yours? You think he's town as well?

I'm getting a fairly strong town vibe from him. I'm always able to be swayed, but for now I don't see him as scum.

Your allowed to quote but the quoted post was a bit late in response so it was pretty suspicious to me.

Of course I realize there might be delays inbetween postings but so far this is what I can gander atm.

Also i personally do not bandwagon with people unless what they said does not make any sense at ALL. I do like to poke around the people that may not be on people's radar but at the same time they might not be townies maybe?

That way we get a little bit of variety instead of "THIS NUB ISH SCUM LYNCH DIS BICH"

Fair enough, I can see your point in calling it out, but I was really just reading through the little posts we had at that point and I was looking for connections so that part jumped out at me, hence why I quoted it. I could've very easily not quoted you at all, and just posted a list of his reads but I guess I was in a quotey mood then that's all.

And good to hear, as far as I can tell you're also the first person to put an actual vote on me (Fireblend did from the RNG, so did I), though UltraJay also pointed out a similar thing. Any specific questions I can answer you? I'm about to sleep now since it was a long day of traveling, but I'll answer anything you want when I wake up.

As for now...
Wow, we've lost four townies already. I think Boo Boo was a distraction kill. He wasn't applying enough heat to anyone to be an immediate threat I think.

I think Mike's behavior and Boo's vote make him pretty suspicious. For me the bigger question is whether he's just an obvious scapegoat or scum using reverse psychology.

Someone correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but you seem to be arguing 3 different things here. First you say he wasn't enough of a threat, so he was likely killed as a distraction, then you say that the person who Boo's vote was on is now suspicious. Then you say you think Boo was killed to steer conversation away, maybe Boo was on to something. So which is it? Was Boo killed because he was too big a threat with his pressure, or was he killed to throw us off the trail completely? Is Mike suspicious or not?

I know a lot of these posts have some time in between them, but you haven't responded to much else to make it look like you changed your mind.
Vote: Trigger

UltraJay

I'm confused. The post of mine that Flush was quoting was from yesterday? I was simply explaining my logic behind it.

I knew I shouldn't have posted in a hurry. Time differences and all that. I meant earlier this day phase. You are wanting us to chase a lead the probably goes nowhere - something scum likes to take advantage of. I don't know If we are going after Ferret or Mike but it won't be because of Boo. Those links are tenuous.

I'm keeping my vote on Stanley because I still want more from him and Coppa already has you covered.

Trigger

Someone correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but you seem to be arguing 3 different things here. First you say he wasn't enough of a threat, so he was likely killed as a distraction, then you say that the person who Boo's vote was on is now suspicious. Then you say you think Boo was killed to steer conversation away, maybe Boo was on to something. So which is it? Was Boo killed because he was too big a threat with his pressure, or was he killed to throw us off the trail completely? Is Mike suspicious or not?

I know a lot of these posts have some time in between them, but you haven't responded to much else to make it look like you changed your mind.
Vote: Trigger

I've had doubts about Mike since Day 1. It didn't help things that Mike was so quick to disregard the Haiku curse. His defense didn't do much to remove my suspicions. Boo's death seemed pretty random. I couldn't make any immediate connection between his posting and his death initially. However Setre's post pointed out that Boo's last vote before death was aimed at Mike. The dismissal of the haiku and then that? Makes me a little suspicious. I think it was a possibility that Boo was killed to steer conversation away from Mike. It's crazy, I suppose. But it seems like a lot of people are writing it off as an option. It'd be a pretty clever ploy if that was the intended reaction. Not sure how much that clears up, but hopefully it gives you some idea of where I'm coming from.

I knew I shouldn't have posted in a hurry. Time differences and all that. I meant earlier this day phase. You are wanting us to chase a lead the probably goes nowhere - something scum likes to take advantage of. I don't know If we are going after Ferret or Mike but it won't be because of Boo. Those links are tenuous.

I'm keeping my vote on Stanley because I still want more from him and Coppa already has you covered.

Everyone is free to chase whichever leads they think is effective in catching scum. I'm still weighing different options and just voicing my thoughts on them. Any lead could probably go nowhere. We're all working off gut instincts and feelings.

now the idea that Boo was killed because He was on to something with mike really doesn't hold any water with me,

Well since Ty4on is targeted, a good start to look into would be the people he voted for and suspected, which is:

Mike Hawk's here now, and isn't...really taking the haiku stuff to heart. So uh.

I think, just for now I'll put my vote on him.

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

now that there was a whole lot of nothing, made among'st many much more grounded accusation being aimed at others.

i cant rightly believe that any scum was so frightened by an accusation this flimsy, that they thought they should kill Boo right then and there.
and im also finding it difficult to believe that you could considerate it believable enough to attempt to draw as much attention to Mike as you have.

UltraJay

I've had doubts about Mike since Day 1. It didn't help things that Mike was so quick to disregard the Haiku curse. His defense didn't do much to remove my suspicions. Boo's death seemed pretty random. I couldn't make any immediate connection between his posting and his death initially. However Setre's post pointed out that Boo's last vote before death was aimed at Mike. The dismissal of the haiku and then that? Makes me a little suspicious. I think it was a possibility that Boo was killed to steer conversation away from Mike. It's crazy, I suppose. But it seems like a lot of people are writing it off as an option. It'd be a pretty clever ploy if that was the intended reaction. Not sure how much that clears up, but hopefully it gives you some idea of where I'm coming from.

Everyone is free to chase whichever leads they think is effective in catching scum. I'm still weighing different options and just voicing my thoughts on them. Any lead could probably go nowhere. We're all working off gut instincts and feelings.

He panicked over one vote??? He's not a new player. The funny thing is... I was thinking Mike was pretty scummy but this is making me think he isn't. It's making me think you're scum trying to deflect discussion away from yourself. Which makes Mike town.

Weird

Keep up the posts, Stanley. I may change my vote when I get home.

Sorian

Banned
He panicked over one vote??? He's not a new player. The funny thing is... I was thinking Mike was pretty scummy but this is making me think he isn't. It's making me think you're scum trying to deflect discussion away from yourself. Which makes Mike town.

Weird

Keep up the posts, Stanley. I may change my vote when I get home.

Mike and Seath are kind of like our wild cards for this game so yes, he probably did panic over one vote but that doesn't change that I actually agree with the rest of your post Jay. Mike was been slowly sliding towards town on my list and Trigger has been slowly sliding scum.

RetroMG

Good morning, Night Vale.

I have received the following message, found on the crumpled remains of Fireblend. As it appears to have been written after his death, no one can truly understand how it got there.

Dear Night Vale friends: I have exciting news! I have decided to go on a trip. Or, at least, I am on a trip. To be completely clear, I'm not sure it was me who decided. And if it was, I don't remember.

One minute I was talking to Teddy Williams at the Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Fun Complex, and the next I feel this odd, overwhelming presence. I look up and see this enormous dark planet... It was so close, I thought I could reach out and touch it. It was lit by no sun, but I still saw a mysterious shrouded figure stare at me from its surface. It turned and hummed. Shifting as in some sort of trance... and the next I'm in this really odd town.

I think it may be Svitz? Its name is similarly unpronounceable. Oh, how have I yearned to visit Europe! Surely I must have been inspired by the tourist that visited us a few days ago, and it just slipped my mind. Ahhh, Svitz. I have yet to see its low rolling hills, or hallucinate about anything in particular, but I've heard rumors about werewolves among some of the lovely people I've met here, so I'm sure they're coming.

I hope I can return someday to Night Vale. The scythe-wielding gentleman delivering this letter says I can't, but I won't give up hope. And if I do, dear friends, please make sure it will be to the town I remember, free of the interlopers who terrorized our town as I departed, yet full of the hooded figures who terrorized it the rest of the time. Good luck, Night Vale. Good Luck.

Kevyt

We can bring back players from the grave? His letter seems to at least suggest so... Given that there's a scythe wielding figure, and there are elements like this in some Mafia games.

Interesting.

This again doesn't make a lot of sense. Either to steer conversation away from something or to quiet Boo. These are two different things. Because the only thing Boo was on was Mike's ass and if that's what you meant, then the kill did a really poor job of steering us away from him...

Hey, Pop-O-Matic, care to join us again? I'm still not sure if I should vote you over Trigger. (There are other options I'm not entirely opposed to, but I won't initiate the vote on them)

Sorian

Banned
This again doesn't make a lot of sense. Either to steer conversation away from something or to quiet Boo. These are two different things. Because the only thing Boo was on was Mike's ass and if that's what you meant, then the kill did a really poor job of steering us away from him...

Hey, Pop-O-Matic, care to join us again? I'm still not sure if I should vote you over Trigger. (There are other options I'm not entirely opposed to, but I won't initiate the vote on them)

How do you feel about Setre?

Does anyone actually think Trigger is playing normal at this point though? The one problem is a lot of it is circumstantial and just "He slipped up and forgot ____" or "he claimed ordinary too early" and things like that. It's bad play overall, but it's not really overtly scummy by itself.

*raises hand* First games can be really intimidating, especially in games with, shall we say, "enthusiastic" veterans. Going hardcore in on reads and reactions is good town play, sure, but I think we have to have a certain amount of leeway with new players. Pretty sure Trigger has more posts here than I had in WDiotL, where half my posts were spent going after a town player. D:

I'm not saying that I think Trigger is town, but that posts so far don't actually read "scum" to me.

UltraJay

Seath, post about things that actually matter.

Vote: Seath

I was going to vote Trigger but plenty are on him right now and you are driving me crazy with this stuff! Fireblend is in another mafia game right now. He's not coming back! Can you post something substantial for once?

Top Bottom