• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

RetroMG

How about Jesters? I've heard rumors.

tumblr_lkbhcwWGQG1qcyqdf_zps2b99aae1.gif~c200

RetroMG

The city council would like to remind you about the Tiered Heavens, and the Hierarchy of Angels. The reminder is that you should not know anything about this. The structure of heaven and the angelic organizational chart are privileged information known only to the city council members on a need-to-know basis. Please, do not speak to or acknowledge any angels that you might come across while shopping at the Ralph's or at the Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Arcade Fun Complex. They only tell lies, and do not exist. Report all angel sightings to the city council for treatment.

And now for a brief public service announcement. Alligators. Can they kill your children? Yes.

Current votes:

trigger (3)
royal_flush 1043
mazre 1065
coppanuva 1080

seath (3)
absolutbro 1066
tl21xx 1075
ultrajay 1098

pop-o-matic (1)
sorian 877 (1076)
scraftydevil 914

setre (1)
coppanuva 953 (983)
sorian 1076

sorian (1)
setre 974

coppanuva (1)
gryvan 1067

Sorian

Banned
Do dead people vote count?

I see boo boos vote still on mike

Retro should probably clarify just in case but I think he is just copy and pasting straight from the voting app and unless Boo Boo himself comes in here and types out an unvote, there is no way to remove it from the app.

RetroMG

Retro should probably clarify just in case but I think he is just copy and pasting straight from the voting app and unless Boo Boo himself comes in here and types out an unvote, there is no way to remove it from the app.

Thanks for the reminder. It has been removed.

Setre

Sorian, I don’t really find you the most suspicious I just find everything around you suspicious. However, like you mentioned the Mafia could be leading us in that direction. But I want to go over it again because I didn’t explain it well enough.

Mafia takes out Fireblend. Why? He’s a high profile poster and he’s on the Towns’ side. Whether he was right or wrong on his leads doesn’t matter, he was moving discussion forward and trying to find scum. That’s a threat to them no matter how you shake it.

You’ve been doing the same thing. Fair enough, Mafia can’t take out two people at Night so they get Fireblend now and you later.

We start Day 2 and find out Ty4on has been Haiku’d. We have 6 options here.

1. Mafia hit him.
2. Town hit him.
3. Neutral Mafia aligned hit him.
4. Neutral Town aligned hit him.
5. Neutral with no allegiance hit him (Is this a thing? Haven’t played enough to know.)
6. He’s faking it.

If it was Mafia / Netural Mafia Aligned why would they choose Ty4on? Why not you Sorian? Surely they’d want to silence the biggest threat. Maybe they wanted to cause confusion and frame you? I can see that and it makes sense.

If it was Town / Neutral Town Aligned I can kind of see it but there are better options than Ty4on. Why not hit Seath or Trigger, two people that a lot were suspicious of during Day 1? Hell, why not hit Scrafty so she has to post without the fluff?

If it’s just a rogue Neutral then Ty4on is as good as anyone else I reckon.

He could be faking it but that seems like a big commitment and the heat wasn’t on him too bad on Day 1.

Then Boo dies. Once again the misdirection play comes into it and again, it makes sense. I don’t deny that. But there are far better options all around, no matter how you look at it.

Anyway maybe that explains it better. If not, sorry. Moving on now.

Wow, we've lost four townies already. I think Boo Boo was a distraction kill. He wasn't applying enough heat to anyone to be an immediate threat I think.

This was already brought up but with how Trigger was acting during Day 1 it seems even stranger.

Then there’s Seath. He was pretty active during Day 1 but now he’s dropped almost as low as me! Maybe RL stuff is getting in the way or maybe his Mafia bros told him to keep quiet.

I would actually feel more comfortable switching my vote to Trigger or Seath but my gut says go for you Sorian, so that’s what I’m doing. I’m sure your gut is telling you the same about me. :)

Sorian

Banned
Sorian, I don’t really find you the most suspicious I just find everything around you suspicious. However, like you mentioned the Mafia could be leading us in that direction. But I want to go over it again because I didn’t explain it well enough.

Mafia takes out Fireblend. Why? He’s a high profile poster and he’s on the Towns’ side. Whether he was right or wrong on his leads doesn’t matter, he was moving discussion forward and trying to find scum. That’s a threat to them no matter how you shake it.

You’ve been doing the same thing. Fair enough, Mafia can’t take out two people at Night so they get Fireblend now and you later.

1. Mafia hit him.
2. Town hit him.
5. Neutral with no allegiance hit him (Is this a thing? Haven’t played enough to know.)
6. He’s faking it.

If it was Mafia / Netural Mafia Aligned why would they choose Ty4on? Why not you Sorian? Surely they’d want to silence the biggest threat. Maybe they wanted to cause confusion and frame you? I can see that and it makes sense.

If it was Town / Neutral Town Aligned I can kind of see it but there are better options than Ty4on. Why not hit Seath or Trigger, two people that a lot were suspicious of during Day 1? Hell, why not hit Scrafty so she has to post without the fluff?

He could be faking it but that seems like a big commitment and the heat wasn’t on him too bad on Day 1.

Then Boo dies. Once again the misdirection play comes into it and again, it makes sense. I don’t deny that. But there are far better options all around, no matter how you look at it.

Anyway maybe that explains it better. If not, sorry. Moving on now.

This was already brought up but with how Trigger was acting during Day 1 it seems even stranger.

Then there’s Seath. He was pretty active during Day 1 but now he’s dropped almost as low as me! Maybe RL stuff is getting in the way or maybe his Mafia bros told him to keep quiet.

I would actually feel more comfortable switching my vote to Trigger or Seath but my gut says go for you Sorian, so that’s what I’m doing. I’m sure your gut is telling you the same about me. :)

Just bolding the inconsistencies in my mind. All this post really tells me is that this doesn't feel like a town vs. town argument. Is this the new secret strat? Knock down the pins around me so that you don't need to waste time night killing me? The frame job here is strong but I have to ask, why me instead of Coppa? It seems like either of us could be subbed in for this argument yet I'm the one in your sights. Did I do something to offend you guys?

UltraJay

Good luck building that train on Sorian, dude, because I highly doubt you are going to convince many people like this. "These guys are pretty sus so I'm gonna vote... This guy way over here!"

UltraJay

Is this scumtell day? Nobody told me it was scumtell day. I thought it was thanksgiving.

I honestly don't know where my vote is going at the moment, but for now Seath needs to speak up. It's the season for it, apparently.

Sorian

Banned
Is this scumtell day? Nobody told me it was scumtell day. I thought it was thanksgiving.

I honestly don't know where my vote is going at the moment, but for now Seath needs to speak up. It's the season for it, apparently.

Everyday is scumtell day but I think specifically, today is gambit day.

Kevyt

I'm surprised Scrafty Devil decided to vote against Pop O matic. I've had the two of them on my list of possible scum but that's a very interesting move by Scrafty.

Her posts are cautiously calculated and Pop doesn't really seem like town to me.

@Pop: what do you make at Scrafty voting for you?

Seath, post about things that actually matter.

Vote: Seath

I was going to vote Trigger but plenty are on him right now and you are driving me crazy with this stuff! Fireblend is in another mafia game right now. He's not coming back! Can you post something substantial for once?

Ummm... Know your place Junior

Jk... <3

So you're voting for me because I fluff and don't really post much? Okay well yeah I can see why.

Okay this is very interesting. You have been very inactive but when you're active, your posts are coldly calculated it seems to me. The same as Scrafty, though of course she has her style to go along with (which adds more flavor to the game). But I don't understand the purpose of going after Sorian.

He's the most town player out of all of us, at least from what I can see. Even if he is Scum, it's beneficial to town because the amount of posts he makes, he could potentially end up ruining scum and expose them by making mistakes.

Sorian doesn't really coldly calculate his posts like a lot of you do... So it seems to me that for now my gut tells me that Sorian is town. Yet I still don't completely trust him.

With that note... I've had my eyes on you fellow Setre and you did get some heat up when there was a train going for potentially voting you off. However with the day kill it does seem like someone wants us to go after the wrong lead or take pressure out of someone or something.

So... I'm going to

Vote: Setre

For now... You are in my list of suspects and I would love to hear your thoughts on Sorian's case. I'm not defending Sorian but do you see why I think he most likely isn't scum? And if he was, he could be an asset to town because of his style?

Kevyt

I know I will constantly murder the English language but bear with me for I'm in mobile and rushing to gather/write my thoughts.

Thank you all~

Coppanuva

1. Mafia hit him.
2. Town hit him.
6. He’s faking it.

First part about Sorian vs Fireblend is fine, I think that's a reasonable assessment. The second one, there certainly are true neutrals who aren't aligned and there is some precedent for them in GAFia (Serial Killer is a true neutral who has to kill everybody for example). As for why they'd target Ty4on instead of Sorian, it could make sense. Right now a lot of people have given Ty4on a pass and suspect Sorian because he's not impacted. The thing I don't understand is why people think a town-aligned version would necessarily want to target scum with it. Unless this impacted them in scum chat too, it doesn't really hamper them too strongly, and regardless they have multiple people who could combine to create stronger haikus. I agree targeting Scrafty would be an interesting target because it would change her writing style even more than it already is.

Sorian

Banned
First part about Sorian vs Fireblend is fine, I think that's a reasonable assessment. The second one, there certainly are true neutrals who aren't aligned and there is some precedent for them in GAFia (Serial Killer is a true neutral who has to kill everybody for example). As for why they'd target Ty4on instead of Sorian, it could make sense. Right now a lot of people have given Ty4on a pass and suspect Sorian because he's not impacted. The thing I don't understand is why people think a town-aligned version would necessarily want to target scum with it. Unless this impacted them in scum chat too, it doesn't really hamper them too strongly, and regardless they have multiple people who could combine to create stronger haikus. I agree targeting Scrafty would be an interesting target because it would change her writing style even more than it already is.

To be fair, in other mafia communities, it is my understanding that these powers (haikus, removing vowels, etc.) obviously make it so the person can't defend themselves and sometimes that leads to an easy lynching. Gafia is kind of the opposite case where when someone gets hit by something like this, especially early on in the game, they are just kind of lynch immune because everyone thinks it's unfair that they can't defend themselves.

As an example, would anyone really push Ty4on to a lynch today while he is all haiku-like? I would if I thought it was the best course of action but I'm not so sure there are a lot like me.

Vote: Pop-O-Matic

Like a lot of people I don't like how you voted for Stanley and why you justified it, but that's neither here nor there at the moment. What I really find interesting is that like Royal_Flush and Coppa said your read list from before was really generic and safe. I'm not sure if any of those reads were how you actually felt, they could be but I can't tell. So I'll ask now just for fun, if we only had 30 minutes left right now who would you be voting for and why?

I also see that Scrafty still hasn't responded to the people she called out, maybe she's busy, but it might be worth noting.

Setre you never directly responded to me but I think what you said in response to Sorian about Seath and Trigger kinda answers it, so it's fine.

Ty4on

Haikus or normal
I will still be posting reads
“You” is the quotee

I'm surprised Scrafty Devil decided to vote against Pop O matic. I've had the two of them on my list of possible scum but that's a very interesting move by Scrafty.
How can we know this?
You just made one list D1
But Pop was missing

Do you really know who I am? All I've said is that I know that someone can pull the trigger tomorrow night, and that it's one and done.
Your claim on D1
Let us assume you are town
What does scum then think?

Vig is worst case then
Scum can't be in your targets
If all is correct

What about your reads
Could there be any scum here
I think too risky

I promised reads, and I come bearing them! Sorry for the megapost.

StanleyPalmtree

Stanley hasn't really posted enough for me to have any implications one way or another. Have to make him a null read for now, but the relative silence is disconcerting.

Trigger

Trigger had that flinchy moment earlier in the thread, but I attribute that to early game jitters. Going to go with a null read for the moment, but will be monitoring closely due to squidyj's good point I'll discuss later.

Unmasked Ferret

Ferret, Ferret, Ferret... My, what an eventful opening you've had. Ferret has been thrown right into the vote fire, and has spent most of his time playing damage control. He is playing very passive, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Leaning scum for now.

Darklighter

Seeing a lot of unease towards Biggs, and I can't say I blame it. I am not feeling strong about him, but can say that there's enough for me to lean scum for the moment. Time will tell. Leaning scum.

Boo Boo'n

Boo Boo'n hasn't posted very much outside of the Ferret incident. I am not liking this. Feels scummy.

Mike_Hawk689

Mike has been playing it safe. Not sure if clearly town or smart scum yet. Keeping my read for him at null until further notice. Keeping an eye on him

Razmos

Not seeing enough from Razmos to go one way or the other, but he is reacting quite a bit towards being pressed, though this appears to be due to bagage from a previous game. Keeping it null for now, but monitoring.

ScraftyDevil

A lovely role-player, Scrafty has made it hard to read her as a result. Has also caused me to get on the hotseat with Sorian, but that's my own fault for not paying attention. The inconsistencies are what is causing me to lean towards scum for the moment. Rightfully in the hotseat.

Seath

We all know my take on Seath at the moment. That was a bad idea. I'll let it slide for now, but watch your back buddy.

squidyj

Squiddy has been busy with Fallout aparently, and thus has been rather silent. Very thoughtful post on Trigger that tinged my read a tiny bit and has me questioning if I should leave that read at null, but the silence since then is a bit offputting. Currently sticking with a null read for more investigation.

Setre

Setre has been very fluffy so far and has already made a town claim. The lack of recent posting also makes me a bit suspect. I'm very suspect. Leaning scum
If I was scum read
And scum I'd night kill TL
So why wasn't he?

They may have known more
Understood it was dual vote
Debunks my theory
Only if there is one vote in the day...

Line breaking haiku
Just know that the next quote here
Is a new topic

role block and vote deny as a town power? and pigs fly.
Anything more squid?
You attacked Sorian D1
Only Razmos now

You are high profile
Anything on the top two,
Sorian and Coppa?

Who do you think killed him?

Don't have a strong lead here, Ferret seems overly obvious, but other than that it feels pretty wide open to me, I probably need to reread with a focus on Booboo'n

What alignment are they?

neutral/scum seem most likely; as above I need to double check on booboo'n but nothing is jumping to mind that he's done to draw a town kill to himself
Any update here?
I am also wondering
Why Boo-Boo'n was killed

I've said this to town just so they are aware that this situation WILL probably happen where we will highly paint a picture on ferret. However, its either you skipped my post while you were looking through other posts or its one of THE most suspicious things I've read so far. And to me, it looks like coppa wanted to start instigating what I said for option a)...so atm I have a high suspicion that coppa is scum even though he is one of the more active posters which I don't really like to vote on but this has been uneasy for me everytime I reread it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike doesn't give me a vibe where hes acting too suspicious but still have to be wary

Scrafty...just targetting those low posters and having no opinions about the current situation. No offense though.

Other people atm, I'm still in the mix atm.

VOTE: Coppanuva

You have not been pushed
But I'm not seeing theories
That make sense for town

You have seemed active
And have not been voted for
So I'll do it now

VOTE: gryvan

Your allowed to quote but the quoted post was a bit late in response so it was pretty suspicious to me.

Of course I realize there might be delays inbetween postings but so far this is what I can gander atm.

Also i personally do not bandwagon with people unless what they said does not make any sense at ALL. I do like to poke around the people that may not be on people's radar but at the same time they might not be townies maybe?

That way we get a little bit of variety instead of "THIS NUB ISH SCUM LYNCH DIS BICH"
After this nothing
As if it was all an act
And not suspicion

Sorian

Banned
They may have known more
Understood it was dual vote
Debunks my theory

If it matters to you, I 100% knew that he was talking about a double lynch when he brought it up yesterday. Never once did I think he was a vig, he talked what if we had a way to policy lynch someone while still not wasting a real day of lynching. I could see how a vig kind of could fill that purpose but I thought it was fairly obvious what he meant, I'm sure someone on scum team figured it out too.

Ty4on

If it matters to you, I 100% knew that he was talking about a double lynch when he brought it up yesterday. Never once did I think he was a vig, he talked what if we had a way to policy lynch someone while still not wasting a real day of lynching. I could see how a vig kind of could fill that purpose but I thought it was fairly obvious what he meant, I'm sure someone on scum team figured it out too.

Good point there Sorian
I guess I should also say
That I town read him

The friction from him
And genuine frustration
Doesn't look like scum

Sorian

Banned
Good point there Sorian
I guess I should also say
That I town read him

The friction from him
And genuine frustration
Doesn't look like scum

I lied! My name is actually 3 syllables! Haha!

#longcon

Nah, I'm just kidding, my name is two syllables

Ty4on

I gotta prepare for thanksgiving so i may be a bit inactive for the next 12-16 hours or so :/

Don't worry gryvan
We'll have turbo'd you by then :p
So prepare away!

Just get some reads in
Like top scum and town today
In case you're night killed

#longcon

The Japanese way
&#12371;&#12428;&#12431;&#12477;&#12522;&#12450;&#12531;
With syllabic N :p

Ok, so it wasn't just me reading it that way. I was looking over it and it just seems like the safest possible reads list and doesn't really provide much unique insights.

Well, sorry folks, that's just what I thought about everyone. Sorry I couldn't add some bold, game-changing thoughts that would greatly shift or focus.

Her posts are cautiously calculated and Pop doesn't really seem like town to me.

@Pop: what do you make at Scrafty voting for you?

She and everyone else has very good reasons to suspect me for how badly I've been playing, so I don't blame them. My attempt to get a train going on Stanley was a very poorly thought out move, and I totally deserve all the scrutiny that and my inactivity has given me.

So I'll ask now just for fun, if we only had 30 minutes left right now who would you be voting for and why?

VOTE: Trigger

Because of the reasons on my read-list, along with the less than stellar response to the pressure he got after I posted my list, and because, of the two players that are leading in votes right now, they're the one I honestly believe is scum.

Oh yeah, forgot.

[1]: I don't understand. That doesn't make the slightest sense. Please explain in another way.
[2]: The target doesn't make a lot of sense for an anti-town ability, as you even point out further down.
[3]: Again: What game? We weren't on to someone in particular. Also afaik in that dispute between Boo Boo'n and Ferret, Boo Boo'n was the more rusted party, so why kill him?
[4]: That smells very strong like bussing.

[1]: Sorry, don't have a better explanation for you.
[2]: Maybe to deliberately mislead us on weather it's a town, scum or neutral power, disrupting discussion more than it would if they targeted Sorian or Coppa and lead us to immediately conclude it's scum.
[3]: Just because you didn't see anything didn't mean that scum didn't (like some people are theorizing with Boo's vote on Mike, though I don't really buy that one). As far as a town PR choosing Boo over Ferret, I assume they just read the situation differently from the rest of us and wouldn't want to reveal that info since it would point immediately back to them.
[4] No comment.

#longcon

I've been pronouncing your name wrong in my head for awhile apparently Sori-san.

She and everyone else has very good reasons to suspect me for how badly I've been playing, so I don't blame them. My attempt to get a train going on Stanley was a very poorly thought out move, and I totally deserve all the scrutiny that and my inactivity has given me.

VOTE: Trigger

Because of the reasons on my read-list, along with the less than stellar response to the pressure he got after I posted my list, and because, of the two players that are leading in votes right now, they're the one I honestly believe is scum.

Thanks for answering my earlier question, I have another now if you don't mind.

So on the last page Royal_Flush asked you to come back, basically he was one the fence between you and Trigger if I'm reading right. In the post I quoted from you above you show that you understand why some people are suspicious of you and accept that their reasoning's are valid, you also answered my previous question saying that you believe Trigger to be the most likely to be scum of the current vote holders. So if the vote came down between you and Trigger, why should we vote for Trigger and not you? What makes you less suspicious and more valuable to keep around compared to Trigger?

Sorian

Banned
sore-in

Mind blown!

-----------

Anyway, I see you are putting in real work now Ferret. I'm building up a possible scum team and you don't fit in right with them so I've actually been cooling on you lately and this is certainly helping. I will say though that I'm keeping in mind that teammates may have had to kick you into gear since a lot were finding you suspicious.

Razmos

Hmm, this day phase really sucks for me, I'm struggling to come up with any decent reads or find a compelling reason to vote for someone.

I checked out all the posts made by Pop-o-matic in the previous day phase and didn't really say anything out of the ordinary, aside from the random last minute vote for Scrafty with a "Let's get this rolling" message, perhaps expecting other people to vote for her too? I don't know whether I'm suspicious enough to vote for them yet though.

Seath hasn't really done anything as suspicious as yesterday in my opinion, nothing that stands out at least, but I can see why he's leading the vote.

The other one leading the vote, Trigger.. my opinion of them hasn't changed much since last day phase (where I voted for him). I still think claiming this early was a bad idea. On a rather funny note, miscounting how many dead players there are brings to mind serial killers in films where they say "5 people are dead" and they reply with "5? there's 4 dead, -name- is just missing.... oh god it's you"

I'm sorry my reads are so bad today but I really have been struggling to make an opinion this day phase, despite quite a few things happening. I guess I just got lost in the volume of posts a bit.

For now, I'm going to VOTE: TRIGGER, but I'm going to have another look after work and see if I can come up with something a bit more substantial.

Oh-em-gee you guys, I am like sooooo totally sorry about being away for so long. I did pay for this trip after all so I like, wanted to get my money's worth and do some sight-seeing is all! I'll like, totally respond to the people who responded to my questions.

well my absence has left me without too clear a grasp on many of our dear neighbors, so right now im awful reluctant to be pointing too many figures, but i do have one suspicion that i cant deny.

Pop-O-Matic
his vote for me right before the end of Day 1 was just plain weird, i cant say that i buy his reasoning at the time, or the justification he told us later,
now i know i have been inactive, and how that can drive some toward suspicion, but a vote for me at that time was a wasted one, anyone could have seen that it would not have worked, so why not vote for someone more likely to be affected by it?
im not going jump the gun and call him scum, at least not at this time o day, but he is certainly the one i have my eyes on.

im afraid that's all i can provide right at this instance, later tonight i will take another gander over what others have said and get back to you about any other suspicions that are capturing my attention.

This is like, all fine and good and like whatever but it kinda like, reeks of parroting to me. I'm like suuuuuuuper sorry if you've provided anything meaningful since then; I'll have to like, have the guy from the radio show who's been like totally recording all of our conversations give me a more like, up-to-date log.

Alright then.

StanleyPalmtree: Has been incredibly inactive and hasn't really added that much in the few posts he has made, but if his IRL reasons aren't BS then it's understandable. Reading town, though I'm still worried about him being used as a "safe" night kill, especially if he keeps this level of presence into the later phases of the game.
UltraJay: Can't get that great a read. Still making kind of fluffy posts which makes him look like he's contributing but really isn't all that much. Him defending TL21xx definately set off a red flag or two, but I can also understand his reasoning.
Trigger: Saw a lot of people reading scum on him D1, including Sorian, Coppa and even Fireblend, do to some suspicious behavior D1 and, with them continuing to lay low like they currently are, I'm very inclined to agree. Scum
Unmasked Ferret: Playing well for a first timer. Almost too well. Possible that scum chat is helping guide him here. The kill on Boo Boo'n definitely points in his direction due to their spat just before, but, of course, it could just as easily be scum trying to get him lynched. Leaning scum, but still not certain.
Karu: Scarce enough to be hard to get a real read on. May need to pressure vote.
TL21xx: Scum, for reasons explained in previous posts. Not sure if we should get him now though or waste another day to see if he can deliver the goods or not.
Ty4on: Reading town only because of my previous suspicions that the haiku curse is a scum power.
AbsolutBro: Hasn't really done anything suspicious as far as I'm concerned. Town.
Mike_Hawk689: With all the pressure being put on him and his less than stellar responses, I'm definitely leaning scum.
Mazre: Not much I can say about them either. Town.
Razmos: The spat that he and squidyj are having is...weird. IDK. Watch the both of them for now.
ScraftyDevil: Her character hasn't been anywhere near as suspicious as I initially feared, so she's off the hook...for now.
Seath: Reading town if only because of how poorly his role claim went D1. Scum chat would have told him to shut up long before that point.
Coppanuva: Incredibly active yet didn't get targeted by a seemingly active-targeting scum team. Could flip either way, but consider me suspicious.
squidyj: See Razmos.
Sorian: See Coppa
Setre: Only made one post this day but it showed him doing a decent job trying to get a suspect from the info we have. Still, just something about that post feels...off to me.
gryvan: God, how long have I been typing this damned thing up...anyway, hasn't really done anything suspicous, so gonna say town.
Royal_Flush: See above.

I like, don't know about this. He seems like, very eager to win favour and his reads are like, suuuuper safe. Plus he keeps like, inviting us to vote for him which seems kinda super shady to me! I'm gonna like, keep my vote on him for now until either someone else like, acts even groadier or he gives me a more fabulous reason for why I shouldn't like, vote for him.

T2lxx and Mike are my top suspects for now. The flaky role claim from one and the odd behavior of the other are my biggest reasons. At work so I can't give a full read list.

This also seems like, really safe to me. I dunno about the rest of you guys but like, my woman's intuition is telling me that those two names are going to like, be brought up the most in conversation by bad guys cuz they're easiest to pin blame on right now. I think we should like, beware of people whose reads lists consist of like, very few bad guys or focus mainly on Mikey and Mr. T.

Like, stuff and whatever

Like, okay, I guess you're sorta off the hook for now. The vote for Copy seems like totally weird but it'd be like, awfully bold for a scum to try and start a lynch against one of the most active conversationalists like, this late into the day. Will have to like, think more about the rest of what he said and get back to y'all later, kay?

Sorian

Banned
I'd like to point out that voting for Trigger seems to be a fairly easy proposition for most players from what I am seeing and I don't think scum would be bussing him so early. I definitely understand where everyone is coming from on Trigger but I think there is scum hiding in that vote and I don't think they are trying to kill a teammate yet.

So on the last page Royal_Flush asked you to come back, basically he was one the fence between you and Trigger if I'm reading right. In the post I quoted from you above you show that you understand why some people are suspicious of you and accept that their reasoning's are valid, you also answered my previous question saying that you believe Trigger to be the most likely to be scum of the current vote holders. So if the vote came down between you and Trigger, why should we vote for Trigger and not you? What makes you less suspicious and more valuable to keep around compared to Trigger?

As far as what makes trigger more suspicious, all I can say is that they've had some pretty poor reactions when pressed and their logic for pressuring Mike was...flawed, to say the least. I at least feel like I've taken pressure well, and, while I certainly have had some flawed logic myself, I've at least fessed up to it.

Plus he keeps like, inviting us to vote for him which seems kinda super shady to me!

Only reason I've been so "inviting" about getting voted off is because I felt trying to aggressively defend myself would only make me seem more suspect, and me getting lynched ultimately wouldn't be a huge loss to town.

I'd like to point out that voting for Trigger seems to be a fairly easy proposition for most players from what I am seeing and I don't think scum would be bussing him so early. I definitely understand where everyone is coming from on Trigger but I think there is scum hiding in that vote and I don't think they are trying to kill a teammate yet.

Only scenario where I see where bussing is happening this early is if all our biggest suspects are scum and, as one of the top vote getters right now, I can assure you that is not the case.

Karu

Ugh, my dorm had/has no internet the past few days, it's annoying as hell. Sitting at the university right now. So yeah...

Only scenario where I see where bussing is happening this early is if all our biggest suspects are scum and, as one of the top vote getters right now, I can assure you that is not the case.
Wait, wouldn't bussing be the topoption this early on, if all our biggest suspects are town? I'm confused. Bussing means to add votes on a player that already got a few votes and his/her behavious is easy to pick on, no?

So suspects seem to be Trigger and seath, mostly, and Pop and setre on the extended list (according to the current voting list, posted by Retro), which prompted most of them to answer and defend themselves, it's all on a rather superficial level, though. There seems to be no heat that demands a kill.

Other than that.... this' still in the air.
How can we know this?
You just made one list D1
But Pop was missing
Probably not saying much since lists can change on the fly, though. Stirs me in his direction for the moment, though, if not for the lack of other concret suspicions.

Reads for town right now? Sorian, coppa - the obvious ones. UltraJay's doing quite a nice job on Day 2, short but relatively frequent posts which focus on pressuring people. Ferret did a good job deflecting suspicions (in a town-kinda way haha) There are probably a few more but I leave it at that right now.

Another nugget: squid hasn't posted since the 24th (time zones are a bitch, no idea if it aligns with his work/sleep schedule, sorry :-/).

Who I would vote for at the moment? Mhm. I'm not gonna place my vote on Trigger because of the concerns mentioned above by others and myself, there's still time left after all. (Back in permanent internet business by around 2pm,which would be 5 hours before the vote ends, so there's that.)

Wait, wouldn't bussing be the topoption this early on, if all our biggest suspects are town? I'm confused. Bussing means to add votes on a player that already got a few votes and his/her behavious is easy to pick on, no?

It's specifically scum voting for other scum to make themselves come off clean when the person they voted to lynch flips scum.

"Bussing" is a take on "throwing them under the bus".

You are probably thinking of Turboing, which is rapid votes to get someone out quickly.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be making pumpkin bars right now. Happy Thanksgiving Night Vale! I'll check in again after the family stuff is over.

Sorian

Banned

That is my fear and the other big name out there is Seath and I doubt he is scum as opposed to misguided town. With that in mind do you really still think Trigger is scum?

Mazre

Any update here?
I am also wondering
Why Boo-Boo'n was killed

I may have skipped one or two but I went through this by using advanced search by author within the thread. Trying to present as is as much as possible will comment after.

Day 1:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185704619&highlight=#post185704619
Voted ferret, claims random

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185709716&highlight=#post185709716
fluff, we know do to his flip he wasn't breadcrumbing
fluff
fluff

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185843582&highlight=#post185843582
called out squidy for singling out trigger + razmos

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185864648&highlight=#post185864648
respond to sorian prod about most suspicious
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185941025&highlight=#post185941025
second response to sorian prod; declares ferret scummier than sorian

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186038981&highlight=#post186038981
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186043862&highlight=#post186043862
calls out ferret for darklighter comments, which in turn ended up actually being fireblends comments, and then some response to fireblend
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186047012&highlight=#post186047012
more back and forth with fireblend/sorian
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186185933&highlight=#post186185933
illegal edit bomb - comes down hard on ferret; calls out ultrajay, scrafty, sorian, and darklighter (who was dead at time of edit I guess?)

Day 2:
apology plus haiku question
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186512384&highlight=#post186512384
another exchange with ferret
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186514472&highlight=#post186514472
voted mike based on ty40n's read list prior to ty4on getting haiku'd, ty4on's list also includes squidy/scrafty/ferret

more haiku confusion
some tl21xx stuff around his roleclaim

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186527453&highlight=#post186527453
confusion around said role as hisfinal post roughly 1.5 hours before he was declared dead

--------
So my take away from all this is that Boo's interactions were focused around ferret, fireblend and sorian day 1, and mike didn't come into the picture until shortly before his demise in day 2.

There is some tangible connection with fireblend so that may point towards a link for those two deaths, of course they may be completely unrelated as fireblend was fairly involved throughout day 1

Someone could be trying to run a frame job on Ferret or Sorian, the motive for such an action could be spun in pretty much any direction

The early timing of boo's death points away from a daytime activation; this is purely my gut reaction/opinion, the possibility is there for the time being; either Mike or someone trying to frame him would be the choice here (possibly someone else on ty4on's list that Boo seemed to be working off of)

I don't have a firm conclusion from all this currently but I think this may be useful as a reference later on depending on the outcomes of night 2, early day 3. My current feeling is that at a minimum we're dealing with a night time setup for the kill, and I lean towards a worst case of repeatable hoping that it's just a one shot.

That is my fear and the other big name out there is Seath and I doubt he is scum as opposed to misguided town. With that in mind do you really still think Trigger is scum?

Agree with you in Seath, and yeah, I still think that there's a good chance that Trigger's scum.

Ty4on

The early timing of boo's death points away from a daytime activation; this is purely my gut reaction/opinion, the possibility is there for the time being; either Mike or someone trying to frame him would be the choice here (possibly someone else on ty4on's list that Boo seemed to be working off of)

I don't have a firm conclusion from all this currently but I think this may be useful as a reference later on depending on the outcomes of night 2, early day 3. My current feeling is that at a minimum we're dealing with a night time setup for the kill, and I lean towards a worst case of repeatable hoping that it's just a one shot.

Firstly thanks for this
I think day activation
Look at D2 start

Boo was quite active
Killing him killed discussion
And Ferret's pressure

The question is then
Why not Sorian or Coppa?
Make us suspect them?

Night activation
Just seems strange, what did Boo say?
Super subtle claim?

If Boo for his claim
Why not him over Fire?
Claim looked like BP?

One thing is for sure
Boo looked town before dying
Vig seems unlikely.

Sorian

Banned
One thing is for sure
Boo looked town before dying
Vig seems unlikely.

I still think it was a night activation but regardless, this holds 100% true. I don't see someone town-aligned being Boo's killer.

Reason for night activation, before you ask, is because Boo was a good candidate as any if their plan is to remove people that they didn't think would get voted out. Boo was a safe townie for sure, there was never going to be steam to lynch him.

UltraJay

Posting seems to have gone down for obvious Thanksgiving-related reasons, but Mazre comes in with some heavy work on Boo.

On the subject of this supposed frame job, I highly doubt Sorian would be the target. There is no way anyone would try to make up a story like that and expect people to believe it. Sorian kills Boo to shut him up and cast suspicion on Mike/Ferret? Unlikely. Anyone sticking their neck out to accuse Sorian of this would instead be the one on the chopping block. The man has basically claimed he's unlynchable. Ferret is the more likely frame target - plus he was the first in the game to have any suspicion cast on him - but that link is too thin. It isn't enough to make us believe the story and it is just as unlikely as Ferret or Sorian being the actual killer.

This doesn't really tell us anything. As you said we need more information. I feel like we are going around and around on this Boo issue and it isn't giving us anything to lead to a Day 2 lynch. I think Boo died so we would try to grasp at anything tangible because we are absolutely starved for info with three straight ordinary town flips. I feel like we're chasing shadows and that's what they want us to do.

This and the haiku curse are causing us to play right into the scum's hands. We've talked constantly about both with the consensus "I dunno... It can be spun in any direction" or with actual accusations thrown at Ferret or Mike.
accusations=scumtell?
Further inquiry into this is going to make me think you're scum trying to play fetch.

We need definitive lynch targets. Most of my suspected scum could go either way and it is driving me crazy. I guess this is how everyone feels on the first few days. It's much different than watching a game from the sidelines.

It's getting pretty late here but I look forward to reading both Flush's and Bro's takes on the situation - especially Flush's quick vote on Pop. But for now, I liked Seath's last post and since he gave me what I asked for...

UNVOTE

UltraJay

One thing I can say for certain about all the haiku: It makes us less likely to lynch the target. Ty4on reads town currently, sure, but this early on if a scum had the curse it would be a boon for them. We'd feel sorry for them and we'd continue to read them as town.

I don't follow with the whole idea that the haiku curse could hurt scum, even if they needed to defend themselves. And that's all I'll say about that for now as I'm not even following my own advice. -_-

Ty4on

We need definitive lynch targets. Most of my suspected scum could go either way and it is driving me crazy. I guess this is how everyone feels on the first few days. It's much different than watching a game from the sidelines.
We have TL though
If he fails D3 his lynch
Will give us info

Sorian

Banned
You should stop thinking I am unlynchable, that will cloud your judgement. It hasn't happened yet but it will one day. I still think that is Setre's plan and that is who I am most sure is scum at the moment.

sore-in

Mind blown!

I thought it was Sor-Ian like Ian is sore. Welp.

As far as what makes trigger more suspicious, all I can say is that they've had some pretty poor reactions when pressed and their logic for pressuring Mike was...flawed, to say the least. I at least feel like I've taken pressure well, and, while I certainly have had some flawed logic myself, I've at least fessed up to it.

OK all fair points. I'm going to leave my vote on you for now while I think over some stuff.

Just to add on to the current discussion about Boo Boo, looking back over people's read list from the first day the only people I saw to outright put Boo Boo in their scum category were Coppa and TL (I may have overlooked or forgotten someone though) and I guess you could count Squidy when he said that between Jay, Boo Boo, Sorian, and myself he felt that Boo Boo was the most likely to be scum. A lot of other people couldn't really get a read on Boo Boo'n, though there were a few who didn't say he was scum but did find him somewhat questionable, this includes me (though you could argue that I actually belong in the first group) Jay, and Trigger depending on how you read his read. No one who outright put him on their scum list was really targeting Boo Boo. This along with Boo Boo's lack of a read list outside of that short list of suspicions, and his few interactions with the rest of us means that while he was active/visible his death would have few leads. Basically if it was a night power it really only serves to point a finger at myself, maybe Sorian, maybe Coppa, and maybe TL by makong us think that TL's ability is a delayed night kill, but as we've seen most strongly at myself. If you think it's a day ability then it points fingers at me and Mike. You could argue that there should be some more people on either list, or that some people shouldn't actually be on the list. My point is though that depending on whether or not you think it was a night or day kill as well as the alignment of the ability (either scum, neutral, or scum aligned neutral) the people who you think about change slightly, but nothing concrete is supplied.

Heads up all, for some reason my Internet and cable died last night so I'll only be able to post from mobile today and tomorrow. So there'll be a higher amount of spelling errors, laziness, lost trains of thought, and weird little mistakes.

Happy thanksgiving to those in the US. If you aren't from the US then happy Thursday/Friday.

Top Bottom