• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

screw face shamans, as soon as I'm about to hit next rank I either get face shaman or control warrior. Playing rogue is just suffering.
Control warrior here with 4 fucking versions. Aggro is like popular at like rank 25 to 15 for some reason.probably because they finish fast and get some win streaks going.

ricelord

Given that we have a month or so for the new cards are coming out, how many packs you guys are planning to be opening on day one.

For me i'm most likely be opening around 100 packs. 50 from pre order (thanks to gift cards on amazons coins) and the rest from gold i'm saving up (got 4215 saved up so far)

hollomat

Banned
Given that we have a month or so for the new cards are coming out, how many packs you guys are planning to be opening on day one.

For me i'm most likely be opening around 100 packs. 50 from pre order (thanks to gift cards on amazons coins) and the rest from gold i'm saving up (got 4215 saved up so far)

I'm all about arena, hardly ever play ranked unless it's to get more gold for arena. I got 2500 gold saved up now and will probably have quite a bit more saved up by then.

I'll probably open 5 packs and get the rest through arena.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I have the pre-order and about 50 packs worth of coins for day one. In the following few weeks I'll open packs until I have all the interesting legendary cards and most of the cards overall. That's what I did for TGT and likely what I'll always do.

Tarazet

Damn I haven't played in several days. When did they add the additional deck slots? Did they do anything else?

New Paladin hero skin, which requires leveling a WoW character up to 20 (non-retroactive!).

Improved in-game card search engine.

Can now dust adventure cards all the way up to LoE.

New "standard-friendly" deck recipes which are so-so, along with improvements in the suggest a card.

I have around 7k coins that will probably be 8k by release, so I plan to open 80 packs.

Also this new legendary better be fucking amazing, because I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms from not seeing a new card for two days. Every 10 minutes I refresh r/hearthstone in the vain hope that some foreign site has revealed a new card.

Pooya

switched to my good ol face paly from rogue

win win win win win win win win.

Best deck forever. I put Elise in there too for fun against priest/warrior. It's actually pretty good. So you just wiped all of my 1/1s but you're like at 10 hp and wasted all of your resources? well sorry about that, here come the big boys.

Liadrin: "My hammer burns with holy fire!"

*clearly uses a sword and shield*
She's not talking about a physical hammer, just like how Hammer of Wrath doesn't use an actual hammer but more of a spiritual one? Or whatever you call the yellowish glow all Paladin spells have. It's a hammer of justice.

Tarazet

I tried the "Unleash Your Rage" standard Warrior recipe in Casual today. Compared to the current meta Patron deck, it starts out even more like a Control Warrior, with two Shield Blocks and a Shield Slam even. In the absence of Death's Bite and Shredders, instead you get Kor'kron Elites, which I like as a tempo play, and a good old Arcanite Reaper.

I actually had a Hunter concede against me after I played Shield Blocks on two consecutive turns. I tried to add him to tell him what the deck actually was, thinking he would be amused by it, but he didn't accept the invitation.

As for games where it actually played out.. it was gimpy and was pretty clearly missing the right tools. Patrons aren't even really the best win condition for the deck.. Dr. Boom is, and he leaves a huge void.

rando14

switched to my good ol face paly from rogue

win win win win win win win win.

Best deck forever. I put Elise in there too for fun against priest/warrior. It's actually pretty good. So you just wiped all of my 1/1s but you're like at 10 hp and wasted all of your resources? well sorry about that, here come the big boys.

Link/screen of the deck?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

50 at least from the preorder, and I got 2k gold I may use.

Highlights of day 2 of Patron Warrior:
-Up to rank 8 from 11 - yay! (the deck took me from 6 to 11 yesterday)
-Beating a Control Warrior, and ending the match with 37 armor and 24 life. He made a huge blunder by using Brawl, which only a Grim Patron survived, and then dropping Deathlord.
-Killing a Control Priest on turn 6 with a 21/3 Frothing Berserker.
-Beating a Freeze Mage through the Grom 12 damage combo - LOVE that burst, it's even better than Zoolock.
-Numerous matches that end with a full Patron Warrior board, and my opponent concedes.

This is undoubtedly my favorite deck so far. It's so fun to have to think about my plays for a change.

She's not talking about a physical hammer, just like how Hammer of Wrath doesn't use an actual hammer but more of a spiritual one? Or whatever you call the yellowish glow all Paladin spells have. It's a hammer of justice.
There's no such thing as a Sword of Justice so she sounds like she knows what she's holding?

Pooya

Link/screen of the deck?

1458442792-capture.jpg

I haven't seen priests or patron in a while so I'm not playing keeper or equality. This has more consistent draws/damage. one equality helps against priest and patron. They are like the worst match ups, I'm just not bothering with those. Currently rank 3 NA with this.

Tarazet

Highlights of day 2 of Patron Warrior:
-Up to rank 8 from 11 - yay! (the deck took me from 6 to 11 yesterday)
-Beating a Control Warrior, and ending the match with 37 armor and 24 life. He made a huge blunder by using Brawl, which only a Grim Patron survived, and then dropping Deathlord.
-Killing a Control Priest on turn 6 with a 21/3 Frothing Berserker.
-Beating a Freeze Mage through the Grom 12 damage combo - LOVE that burst, it's even better than Zoolock.
-Numerous matches that end with a full Patron Warrior board, and my opponent concedes.

This is undoubtedly my favorite deck so far. It's so fun to have to think about my plays for a change.

Control Warrior and Priest are terrible matchups for Patron, that's pretty good if you have only played the deck for a couple of days. If I see Magni's portrait I know I'm in big trouble.

Control Warrior and Priest are terrible matchups for Patron, that's pretty good if you have only played the deck for a couple of days. If I see Magni's portrait I know I'm in big trouble.
I think I would have lost to the Control Warrior if he didn't mess up the post-Brawl play. I expected him to Bash the Grim Patron after it survived (he had 3 mana), but instead he played Deathlord.

I got crazy lucky with the Priest - he didn't draw any clears.

Just like I got lucky in that a Murloc Paladin had only 10 cards left in his deck when I finished him, and he hadn't drawn Equality at all (I friended him and asked).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its so odd when people give up super early. The enemy Warlock gave up to my Turn 3, Dark Peddler Voidwalker turn. I had yet to attack him once, and the only cards I played were Dark Bomb, Peddler, and the Voidwalker that came out of it.

Anilones

A couple of packs ago I got Cairne, and I just got Baron Geddon. I already have one but in gold, I'm rolling in dust.

Unlike others I'm opening as many Classic packs as possible for dusting when the nerfs come. I'm already say at 3000 waiting to dust (and 3500 dust) not including bonus dust for at-risk duplicates, e.g. BGH etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I bought around 15 classic packs over the last week. I'm holding off until the release to dust anything, but I got a few dupes that look promising, extra FoN, extra master of disguise. Also got a few gold versions of cards that could get nerfed, like a Gold Leper Gnome and gold Doomsayer.

manhack

I haven't seen priests or patron in a while so I'm not playing keeper or equality. This has more consistent draws/damage. one equality helps against priest and patron. They are like the worst match ups, I'm just not bothering with those. Currently rank 3 NA with this.

Nice list. I tend to switch to aggro paladin when I see a lot of other aggro decks on the ladder. It is one of my favorite decks for outracing all the other face decks.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
i never really have a problem with wakers. warlock is way more fun IMO

R6sseq6.jpg

this deck rules and i win most of my games...only downside is the games can last insanely long, and you have huuuge hands most of the game. but it's some of the most fun i've had playing HS

This is just a normal deck that you play ranked with or only in brawl?

ViviOggi

They've done a pretty good job establishing player stories in this EU tournament which is the only thing they have to offer with this dumpster tier meta and awful level of play.

peakish

Ugh, first salty time in a while today with so much god damn aggro. Just got three golden aggro paladins in a row with my priest. Like, you have your golden shit, gtfo of rank 18 you assholes.

Blegh. Going to the office to work for a while instead, that'll be a nice change from that crap.

Ketch

First day I played miracle on the ladder I went like 8/2. Over the weekend I think I've gone like 2/10

It's a fun deck, but the early game is just non existent outside of SI:7 agent, and I only have one.

This is just a normal deck that you play ranked with or only in brawl?
Naw that's just for this brawl. Double summoning stones is amazing, but as long as one is in your hand you can drop Reno, you have just enough early game and filler, along with almost every solid tech card worth having in this brawl along with a bunch of healing and taunts, since you get so much offense from the free spells anyway. Twisting nether is amazeballs in case your opponent gets a big summoning stone, and all these zoo decks you can let them run wild into it and heal enough and taunt enough to get there. Spell breaker and owl are good to round out the Highlander, so I've never been turbo fried by a flamewaker or anty. Something like 25-5 with it, the games take really long though but it's super fun, gonna miss this brawl

Agraavan

I was thinking on some new cards... would those work or be viable?

97efc0af.png

This one would be difficult to clear early on, but the downside is that it would only go face, so you can't use it to make valuable trades. Maybe usable on a face hunter.

36ed8d12.png

This one would be, at worst, a combo enabler and, at best, a good tempo play against mages and hunters and maybe against paladins (since their secrets cost 1-mana too).

I was thinking on some new cards... would those work or be viable?

97efc0af.png

This one would be difficult to clear early on, but the downside is that it would only go face, so you can't use it to make valuable trades. Maybe usable on a face hunter.

36ed8d12.png

This one would be, at worst, a combo enabler and, at best, a good tempo play against mages and hunters and maybe against paladins (since their secrets cost 1-mana too).

Wannabe seems really good to me. If it gets a buff from a Shattered Sun Cleric on turn 3 or Taunt'd it'd be a pain in the ass so early.

Agraavan

Wannabe seems really good to me. If it gets a buff from a Shattered Sun Cleric on turn 3 or Taunt'd it'd be a pain in the ass so early.
True. I thought about giving him the "ethereal" effect of Faerie Dragon, but it would only prevent buffs from spells and would also be a buff against enemy removals. The problem is that Hearthstone don't have a mechanic that prevent a minion to be buffed in any way, by minion or spell.
Maybe adding something along the line of "at the end of your turn, return this minion's attack to 1". It would prevent sticky buffs at least to his attack.

Top Bottom