• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catshade

For those of you wondering:

I have no idea how I didn't see that coming. And I had just gotten done bragging to a coworker about winning DS3 in a raffle too... lol.

But I still won a raffle out of 157 people. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Damn that's quite heartless for an April fools prank.

I remember winning Bioshock Infinite when it was still new, in a modbot giveaway, and it turned out to be Bad Rats. It wasn't even April Fools. ;_;

I played Bad Rats and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be so whatever.

Lol.

Thats rough.

A+ April Fools effort by Endruen. He set that shit up a day in advance.

That's why it got me. Caught me completely off guard.

11-02-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

Endruen

I have no idea how I didn't see that coming. And I had just gotten done bragging to a coworker about winning DS3 in a raffle too... lol.

But I still won a raffle out of 157 people. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

qERX2.gif

I'm so sorry XD
I planned it a day in advance so it ended in April Fools and it wasn't so obvious :p
But yeah, I don't have the money to buy it even for me (I haven't even played DS2 yet).
I'm feeling pretty bad, seeing you with so high spirits. Come on, name some game under 10 bucks and it's yours, I'm feeling generous.

Eila

I'm so sorry XD
I planned it a day in advance so it ended in April Fools and it wasn't so obvious :p
But yeah, I don't have the money to buy it even for me (I haven't even played DS2 yet).
I'm feeling pretty bad, seeing you with so high spirits. Come on, name some game under 10 bucks and it's yours, I'm feeling generous.

Do the right thing.
Bad Rats

MUnited83

For you.
I'm so sorry XD

if you chime in with those 10$ bucks, i will buy DS3 and gift it to him

I'm so sorry XD

No, no – save your money please. I'll take my L. You've won this round.

I've received some very generous gifts from GAF members, like New Vegas and The Witcher III, so nobody here owes me anything.

Kaleinc

Banned

Now you know what's in his hand

raMxwTH.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lets use probably the most wanted game on steamgaf right now as a fake giveaway, using a systen designed for people to be generous with each other.

What could go wrong?

Also ill chip in with $5 or something if peeps want to make a pool to buy it

Endruen

if you chime in with those 10$ bucks, i will buy DS3 and gift it to him
That's very generous of you.
No, no – save your money please. I'll take my L. You've won this round.

I've received some very generous gifts from GAF members, like New Vegas and The Witcher III, so nobody here owes me anything.

Oh, come on, you've won over 157 people, you deserve something, and I've received a lot from GAF too.

Uzzy

Endruen just shot themselves in the foot.

I dont know how much the rest of you know about SteamGAF culture (Im an expert), but honour and shame are huge parts of it. Its not like it is in AnimeGAF where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in SteamGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the SteamGAF public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to quote Endruen's posts, nor will they enter any of Endruens other giveaways. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Endruen has alienated an entire thread with this move.

Endruen, publicly apologize and give Dark Souls 3 away or you can kiss your giveaways goodbye.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Dark Souls III -- MB-5E51D561080DFA46 - Taken by laserlaser. 119 entrants total.

t1459642723z1.png

Just finished the first act of Broken Age. I know this game is really controversial, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about SteamGAF culture (I’m an expert), but honour and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in AnimeGAF where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in SteamGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the SteamGAF public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to quote Endruen's posts, nor will they enter any of Endruen’s other giveaways. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Endruen has alienated an entire thread with this move.

Endruen, publicly apologize and give Dark Souls 3 away or you can kiss your giveaways goodbye.

To Endruen:

rbI9bFf.gif

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I think it would've been funnier as a lightning raffle, lol.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about SteamGAF culture (I’m an expert), but honour and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in AnimeGAF where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in SteamGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the SteamGAF public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to quote Endruen's posts, nor will they enter any of Endruen’s other giveaways. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Endruen has alienated an entire thread with this move.

You can't fool me, this is Bad Rats! ModBot told me to trust no one.

Endruen

Ok, look, I've already said I'm sorry, but I will say it again: I'm sorry everyone, it was just a prank, a one time thing I came up with.
And as I said, I don't have the money to buy it to begin with, but I can buy him something cheaper if he wants.
Also, I'm not entering this giveaway, good luck everyone!

MUnited83

For you.
Lets use probably the most wanted game on steamgaf right now as a fake giveaway, using a systen designed for people to be generous with each other.

What could go wrong?

Also ill chip in with $5 or something if peeps want to make a pool to buy it

That's very generous of you.

Oh, come on, you've won over 157 people, you deserve something, and I've received a lot from GAF too.

I literally just found a $20 bill on the ground while I was taking my dog out.

I'd chip in some.

let's do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom