• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ourobolus

Banned
Maybe they used the scum roleblocker on him?

Oh right, we still have a roleblocker out there. Well if anyone can confirm that they were jailed, that would be great. Though if an ordinary was targeted or a PR that doesn't get information back, then they probably wouldn't know.

Burbeting

Banned
If we assume that the scum roleblocker has same restrictions as Town Jailor had (Only same table targeting), then the list of possible scum roleblockers are:

Timeaisis
Fireblend
Roytheone
Seath

I think? They were all on the same table as Camjo on N3. Roy and Time have claimed ordinary.

roytheone

Because no way does town have both Jailor and a Roleblocker. And I doubt that Camjo would have lied, either.

I tend to agree, but the role blocker being scum would mean they would have two blockers. Which is not unthinkable. Maybe the scum role blocker only can block active powers, like how kalor could only block passive ones?

Burbeting

Banned
I tend to agree, but the role blocker being scum would mean they would have two blockers. Which is not unthinkable. Maybe the scum role blocker only can block active powers, like how kalor could only block passive ones?

We have to remember that the Hidden Partner was not recruitable.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys. I have nothing to report (didn't get any sort of PM overnight). Sucks about Launch, but at least we made scum kill him and not ourselves like some people were suggesting. I think I'd feel comfortable making a sort of reads list now that there's less of us - I'll try to work towards that though I'm unsure if I could post it today, I'm kind of working on my thesis now. Still keeping up with the thread though.

Burbeting

Banned
This was Xam's posts related to the drink before the alarm happened:

Alright so hi peeps
Apparently someone put a drink in front of me, and I drank it
I don't know what this does
But I just wanted to let you guys know

I'd like to reiterate, because I don't know if I will be alive for the rest of this day phase.
I drank something last night.
I think it's going to kill me today (how can you not have the OG Gafia callback)
So if I die mysteriously today, unless Retro was bastard enough to put both an Arsonist and a Poisoner in the same game, Roy is probably lying
If I survive today, Roy might still be lying because a Neutral that gave drinks away that acted like Fruit ala a Neutral Fruit Vendor similar to the one in Phoenix Wright Mafia would probably not co-exist with a Neutral Arsonist
but I could be wrong so keep that in mind
rip me?

That second post happened 30 minutes before the alarm was rang.

roytheone

For what's it worth, Xam was pretty fast with saying he trusted me and Bronx and role claiming in the gossip chat. Now that I think about it, it would be a good play of a scum to try and win the trust of me and Bronx. Him basically giving me and Bronx control of his power still feels town to me though,but then again that could be exactly his intend.

Ourobolus

Banned
Before the first alarm was pulled in D2, Terra had claimed to be the motion detector. Nin hadn't claimed at this point.

Before the fire alarm was pulled, Kalor and roytheone were sitting next to Terra. Kalor would have disabled Terra that night. We know that Kalor was hidden scum partner, but at that time, he was town from scum POV, most likely.

After the fire alarm was pulled, SalvaPot and RNHSeath were sitting next to him.

--

For nin, who hadn't claimed at that point:

CzarTim and Ty4on before alarm
Camjo-Z and Ty4on after alarm.
Maybe I am missing it, but what are you getting at here?

Timeaisis

Am I the only one out there who thinks Xam's role is more than just being able to pull the fire alarm twice? I feel like there may be some other element to it, possibly something nefarious.

For one, it's weird that he used both up so quickly. Secondly, pulling it near the onset of the game doesn't disrupt scum as much as it would near the end, but I believe his justification is he would prefer to use it before he died, which does track.

SalvaPot

That is a lot of ordinary claims.

I don't feel bad about launch dying, and you can say I am a dick because that is how I feel, but its the truth, its a shame we don't have a protector anymore.

Also its the third time I nail a role description, booya!

Anyway, I am more upset about how bsp turned out to just be a regular townie, mainly because he gave us nothing to work with, but I think scum players are more likely to be voting for her instead of me.

And I am going to say the name of my role, but not what it does, why? Because any hint I give about it will make you guys focus on me, and that would be silly. The name should be telling enough.

And no, I am not going to use it. I can't. (Please ask me why I can't, I promise I will answer. No wait, I won't. Use your imagination)

Its Royal_Flush, the Vote Counter.

Burbeting

Banned
I still think that lynching BSP was the right call to do at that point. She was not participating in the game, and fit my image of what scum could be (blending, afk during the weemad lynch, possibly scum roleblocker). At least due to her non-existense, the scum were basically one step closer to reaching voting majority, with her not voting on Day 3, 4 or 5 at all.

So Tim claims ordinary and Salva claims Royal Flush, but not any power... I guess that leaves just Fireblend and Seath as question marks.

Burbeting

Banned
Anyway, let's begin from here:

VOTE: Ty4on

There was no night kill on the night when Launch jailed you, and I doubt that scum would have tried to kill you that night either, since you hadn't claimed any power role.

Also, you haven't posted anything substansial today yet, other than asking me that one question in regards to Xam. What are your thoughts now, with Launch flipped and all? Any ideas why there wasn't a NK the night you were jailed?

Burbeting

Banned
If we assume there is 3 scum left, then LYLO will be on Day 9. Day 8, if Ourobolus exits the game early due to winning his win condition/siding with scum. I doubt there is 4 scum left, but if is, bump those days with one.

So we still have some time, but not much.

Burbeting

Banned
Hmm...

If we assume that the scum roleblocker has same restrictions as Town Jailor had (Only same table targeting), then the list of possible scum roleblockers are:

Timeaisis
Fireblend
Roytheone
Seath

I think? They were all on the same table as Camjo on N3. Roy and Time have claimed ordinary.

If this assumption is right, that roleblocker could only target on the same table, then it's possible that Seath isn't the scumblocker. If we assume that scum locked Launch last night, then onlu Time, Fireblend and Roy are possible blockers, since they were on the same table as Launch was last night.

roytheone

Hmm...

If this assumption is right, that roleblocker could only target on the same table, then it's possible that Seath isn't the scumblocker. If we assume that scum locked Launch last night, then onlu Time, Fireblend and Roy are possible blockers, since they were on the same table as Launch was last night.

I am starting to think Timeaisis is the scum roleblocker. He is incredibly blendy, and yesterday he pushed for launch, but didn't actually vote for him. He says he thought that he had a vote on launch, but then there is this post:

I guess I'm leaning lightly on BSP right now, but I don't have a strong feeling for her. Fireblend feels like a better candidate overall for me for lynching a more inactive person. And then there's Xam, who I keep going back and forth on. It seems like he gets really into something, charges, and then backs off until he has something interesting to say. Which is OK, but I don't know how to read it.

Also, I have a slightly bad feeling about Salva.

I know that's a big list, but most often I have a strong feeling for like ~1 person (in this case Launch) and then am pretty iffy on a handful of others.

I'm OK with a BSP lynch, though.

He says that he thinks Fire is a better lynch for yesterday instead of BSP, yet he still doesn't put his vote on him or actually push for him. He is playing INCREDIBLY safe, he is present, he posts, but he rarely pushes for someone. He really feels like scum hiding to me. And let's not forget we still have the nin night 1 activity ping that is unresolved. I think timeaisis is our best bet in lynching scum today.

VOTE: Timeaisis

Ty4on

Anyway, let's begin from here:

VOTE: Ty4on

There was no night kill on the night when Launch jailed you, and I doubt that scum would have tried to kill you that night either, since you hadn't claimed any power role.

Also, you haven't posted anything substansial today yet, other than asking me that one question in regards to Xam. What are your thoughts now, with Launch flipped and all? Any ideas why there wasn't a NK the night you were jailed?
Busy at work.

My guesses on the night with no NKs is as good as yours. I think I kinda went over it yesterday when I felt confident Launch was telling the truth.

Fireblend

Banned
Fireblend, are you the scum roleblocker?

Out of the three main candidates, Roy and Time claimed ordinary. That leaves just you.

Nope. Is it really down to just us three? I'd be more suspicious of Time if so, although Roy did pretend us to play nice with an arsonist the other day...

Burbeting

Banned
Nope. Is it really down to just us three? I'd be more suspicious of Time if so, although Roy did pretend us to play nice with an arsonist the other day...

If we assume that RB has same target ting rules as Launch did, and that Launch was blocked, then it's you three.

Burbeting

Banned
Fireblend and Time bother me both for being really nlendy throughout the game, except for Fireblend in D1 where he was under scrutiny. Both post, but it feels like it's really difficult to make any good read from them.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah well, I've been playing pretty transparently so far. I really haven't had the time I wish I had to really get invested in the game, but I haven't been hiding anything - this is sort of the same rut I always fall into when I make it too long into games; it's obvious to me scum ignoring me so far means they're hoping the rest will eventually look at me as a maybe-scum player due to my generally low activity. I've been hoping to shake that by being part of a scum lynch, but the only one I've been part of was the lost partner :p

Ty4on

Fireblend and Time bother me both for being really nlendy throughout the game, except for Fireblend in D1 where he was under scrutiny. Both post, but it feels like it's really difficult to make any good read from them.
What about Roy? Roy and time worry me the most. I'm not worried of xam and Fire. Xam had a lot of friction with wee.

Timeaisis

I am starting to think Timeaisis is the scum roleblocker. He is incredibly blendy, and yesterday he pushed for launch, but didn't actually vote for him. He says he thought that he had a vote on launch, but then there is this post:

He says that he thinks Fire is a better lynch for yesterday instead of BSP, yet he still doesn't put his vote on him or actually push for him. He is playing INCREDIBLY safe, he is present, he posts, but he rarely pushes for someone. He really feels like scum hiding to me. And let's not forget we still have the nin night 1 activity ping that is unresolved. I think timeaisis is our best bet in lynching scum today.

VOTE: Timeaisis

Like I said, I thought I had a vote on Launch and was specifically asked who else besides Launch were my top candidates.

As for the "playing it safe" bit, this is how I literally always play. And it seems I always get killed off around this time too because of it haha.

I'm willing to answer any other questions you've got, roy.

Burbeting

Banned
What about Roy? Roy and time worry me the most. I'm not worried of xam and Fire. Xam had a lot of friction with wee.

Roy bothers me too, but he has been little less blendy than Fire and Time in my eyes. Roy and Time also both claimed ordinary, while Fire has said nothing, which is interesting from both ends.

I need to update my reads on everyone, I feel like there is lot of people now that I don't have good grasp on.

roytheone

Like I said, I thought I had a vote on Launch and was specifically asked who else besides Launch were my top candidates.

As for the "playing it safe" bit, this is how I literally always play. And it seems I always get killed off around this time too because of it haha.

I'm willing to answer any other questions you've got, roy.

Even if you thought you had a vote on launch, at that point in the day it was pretty clear that most people weren't on board with a launch lynch anymore. So if you thought a fire lynch was better then the alternatives (me or BSP), why didn't you push more for fire, to see if people would be willing to go for a fire lynch if you thought he was a better choice?

Was it someone else who planned for Town to collab with Camjo in Bronx's chat? Sorry if I misremembered who that was.

It was Nin. If you read that day again, you will see I was against the plan.

SalvaPot

Roy bothers me too, but he has been little less blendy than Fire and Time in my eyes. Roy and Time also both claimed ordinary, while Fire has said nothing, which is interesting from both ends.

I need to update my reads on everyone, I feel like there is lot of people now that I don't have good grasp on.

I'm obviously scum, lynch me already.

Ourobolus

Banned
All right, finally got some free time. Man, you guys have been pretty quiet today.

Roytheone - Roy has been somewhat middle-of-the-road, and he claimed Ordinary, and so far it doesn't seem like he's moved (He was detected N4 by Terra, but Launch most likely was the one that moved, but it's not 100% certain he was the only one). Lean town on him, despite me getting slightly aggravated with him not arsonist-hunting with me. We got him though, so oh well.

Timeaisis - Time, as far as I can tell from previous games, always plays some blendy-type of player who doesn't really make any sort of major accusations until late in the game when it counts. He claimed Ordinary as well, but N1 may be problematic for that claim, depending on if Burb is telling the truth or if nin is telling the truth. Lean scum, but it also depends on nin's alignment.

Seath - Swapped in for RNH a few days in. Seath is...Seath. He seems a bit different than he was in the Disney game, where he was spot-on with his reads, but now he seems like he's regressed into pre-Disney Seath. Not a bad player per se, I mean, just kinda goofy and random. Null read.

AbsolutBro - After the Arsonist fiasco (sorry), AB has simmered down a bit. He's still pretty middle-of-the-road like Time though. Apart from his defensiveness during the Arsonist hunt, he's pretty quiet. It may be because he broke his hand, at least the quantity, but I don't think there are many posts of his that I can really pinpoint as influential. I'll give the thread another read (I only did a quick scan during my break in work), so I could be wrong. He claimed Ordinary, and in retrospect his defensiveness seems pretty warranted. Lean town.

Terrabyte20xx - Motion Detector. The only information we've gotten from him though is that Kingkitty died (lol), and Launch moved during N3/N4. No movement the other two nights, both nights of which Salva was there. I read Terra as town, but if Terra ever flips scum, we should look at Salva. Lean town.

Fireblend - Fireblend was really active D1, as many have noticed, but has considerably fallen off of the train since then. Him, Time, and AB are my main blenders in this game now. I feel Fireblend could go either way, honestly
phrasing, boom
, as I can see scum coming out the gate trying to appear involved and active, only to disappear a bit into the background, or he could just be genuinely out of sorts. Null read.

SalvaPot - Salva just claimed...Vote Counter? What? If he's a Town PR he just painted a target on his back since Launch is gone, or if he's scum he's just trying to make a claim. He didn't really give any information about his role, so if he has information, he may want to reveal it since he's on borrowed time. Slight scum read.

Xamtheking - Still want to strangle Xam for his Arsonist shenanigans. Pulled the fire alarm on D2 and D3. Claims a Town PR, but neutral utility. I honestly don't see how that role in any way benefits town. Town, by definition, doesn't know the roles/alignment of anyone else in the game until they claim/confirm/flip, so rearranging the tables AGAIN, DURING THE DAY, when no other actions happen (so far), doesn't really do anything. Was slight town read, degraded to null read.

Ty4on - I think Ty4on and maybe Burb are the only players I have decent Town reads on. He generally brings decent points to the discussion. Claimed Ordinary. However, he was jailed on N4 and there wasn't a Night Kill. It doesn't directly implicate him, but obviously either Ty is scum, or Ty was targeted. I'm thinking the latter, simply because of the town read I have on him already.

Nin1000 - I still have concerns with Nin. Yeah, yeah, it's "nin being nin," but here's where my issue lies. Xam pulls the fire alarm, moving him into Bronx's chat with Camjo. It wasn't until after that, with some weird nin-like posts where he was talking to himself, that he claimed Ultron the Tracker (motion detector). Now, Bronx and Camjo aren't here to back up whatever went down in that chat, but it's just a bit odd to me. I know we discussed the utility a motion detector would bring to scum in this setup, but it's still something that's bothering me. Slight scum read.

CzarTim - There's a reason I killed Tim in Heist before he even entered the game. He's a pretty good player, regardless of the team he's on. I notice that he does take some time to get going though, and he shitposts like it's his job. If he's town, he'll probably be very useful in endgame cutting through the bullshit. If he's scum, well then we have to worry about him at some point. Tim was next to Terra last night, but apparently made no movement. Claimed Ordinary. Definitely a null read - he could go either way.

Burbeting - Burb has been pretty helpful in driving the discussion forward. I town read him, but the possibility exists that he claimed a commuter to cover for any movement he may be doing on even nights. He still hasn't been next to a motion detector on even nights yet, so his power is still unconfirmed. Town read.

My main suspicions are on the blenders (primarily Time and Fire...AB I have a slightly better read on now), but I'll thrown nin into the mix as well. Salva's claim is...odd, to say the least.

Ourobolus

Banned
I hate that I have quite a few "null" reads in there. A lot of players aren't really making an impression either way, and it's driving me nuts.

Timeaisis

Even if you thought you had a vote on launch, at that point in the day it was pretty clear that most people weren't on board with a launch lynch anymore. So if you thought a fire lynch was better then the alternatives (me or BSP), why didn't you push more for fire, to see if people would be willing to go for a fire lynch if you thought he was a better choice?

It was Nin. If you read that day again, you will see I was against the plan.

Re-read my post. I said I leaned BSP slightly, but thought fire might be a better flip overall. I didn't feel a huge enough difference in them to try to try and lead a lynch one way or the other. I only really do that if I'm fairly sure of something. I know it speaks nothing for my current alignment, but this is how I literally always play.

Today, with Xam I feel a lot more confident he's hiding something than I did with BSP and do with Fireblend. So I voted him to prod some discussion on him.

That is a lot of ordinary claims.

I don't feel bad about launch dying, and you can say I am a dick because that is how I feel, but its the truth, its a shame we don't have a protector anymore.

Also its the third time I nail a role description, booya!

Anyway, I am more upset about how bsp turned out to just be a regular townie, mainly because he gave us nothing to work with, but I think scum players are more likely to be voting for her instead of me.

And I am going to say the name of my role, but not what it does, why? Because any hint I give about it will make you guys focus on me, and that would be silly. The name should be telling enough.

And no, I am not going to use it. I can't. (Please ask me why I can't, I promise I will answer. No wait, I won't. Use your imagination)

Its Royal_Flush, the Vote Counter.
Salva, your soft claim or whatever gives us nothing to go on and doesn't yield anything interesting. Are you doing it just because you are called upon to claim something? I'd like to hear your reasoning for why you are naming yourself at this point, at least.

SalvaPot

Salva, your soft claim or whatever gives us nothing to go on and doesn't yield anything interesting. Are you doing it just because you are called upon to claim something? I'd like to hear your reasoning for why you are naming yourself at this point, at least.

Its because the role name is just really really good. Scum players know I am not scum, but they'll have to weight in how important my role could be if they choose to target me. Just think about the number of Regular townies claim, that are mostly bad for town, because its the easiest spot for a scum player to hide and because it makes it easier for scum players to hit a PR.

So how can important can my role be? Have I already used it? Do I have a role at all? Is it all bullshit?

I am at a very advantageous position right now in that scum tried to vote me out, to the point that is too good to be true as burbeting has been constantly questioned me to try and see if I am scum, something that I appreciate. Also nin got no notifications when I was his neighbor, and, finally, I haven´t used any type of command during the day nor breadcrumbed my role in any way.

So why not claim?

CzarTim

Yeah, I don't think Ty would have been targeted, and his comment about voting for oreo still rubs me the wrong way. It would make sense for the scum team to use Ty after cam took the blame for moving.

Vote: Ty4on

CzarTim

Yeah, I don't think Ty would have been targeted, and his comment about voting for oreo still rubs me the wrong way. It would make sense for the scum team to use Ty after cam took the blame for moving.

Vote: Ty4on

The only other thing I can think of here is they targeted burb on a commute night, which would have been pretty dumb, but it has happened before lol

Top Bottom