• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ourobolus

Banned
Depends on if you believe some of our claimed power roles or not:

Launch - Town jailer, limited to his table and can lose his target.
Bronx - Town gossip, limited the two people next to him. Chats shut down when people shift.
Nin/Terra - passive range 1 motion tracker, changes their opportunity reads

Kalor's passive shut down ability

So far I believe all of those power roles. Alignment, however, is up for debate.

So far I believe all of those power roles. Alignment, however, is up for debate.

I was more referring to Launch, Nin and Terra all claiming to be town. Bronx was confirmed via death. If we do believe their claim of town alignment, Xam is far more of a liability than an asset.

Ourobolus

Banned
I was more referring to Launch, Nin and Terra all claiming to be town. Bronx was confirmed via death. If we do believe their claim of town alignment, Xam is far more of a liability than an asset.

Gotcha. Yeah - the only things I'm seriously considering with those are one of the detectors possibly being scum (in order to suss out power roles), or Xam being on either side, since the ability seems to be unreliable at best.

Both detectors could be Town as well. Terra roleclaimed at the weirdest moment, with literally no new information. Nin's claim was a bit more measured, but his other activity is pretty ridiculous.

Launch, as I theorized before, I think is most likely town. Minuscule chance of him being scum, but I think it's improbable.

Gotcha. Yeah - the only things I'm seriously considering with those are one of the detectors possibly being scum (in order to suss out power roles), or Xam being on either side, since the ability seems to be unreliable at best.

Both detectors could be Town as well. Terra roleclaimed at the weirdest moment, with literally no new information. Nin's claim was a bit more measured, but his other activity is pretty ridiculous.

Launch, as I theorized before, I think is most likely town. Minuscule chance of him being scum, but I think it's improbable.

I dont think Scum really needs a motion detector for the MDs to out town PRs. By their very nature, the information MDs give is very vague. "Of the two people next to me, 0 moved or was targeted" or "Of the two people next to me, 1 (or more?) moved or was targeted". They either have to sit on that information and be essentially ordinary, or speak up and most likely out a town PR to scum.

TB said he claimed because he didnt move seats, but I would think that any forethought would reveal that a PR can't be the only thing remaining static. I mean, he could have waited a single day for confirmation, but decided not to. His reveal information wasnt exactly useful either. "I think this dead guy may have been targeted."

Nin is... nin.

Ourobolus

Banned
I dont think Scum really needs a motion detector for the MDs to out town PRs. By their very nature, the information MDs give is very vague. "Of the two people next to me, 0 moved or was targeted" or "Of the two people next to me, 1 (or more?) moved or was targeted". They either have to sit on that information and be essentially ordinary, or speak up and most likely out a town PR to scum.

Good point. I won't discount the possibility, but it does seem like it wouldn't be terribly useful. I mean, they would know what the rest of scum did so they would be able to rule out some things, but other than that it's pretty unreliable information.

Too perfect because it actually fits events well?

And how does it vary?

You didn't answer my post
Just because it fits events does not mean it's 100% the towniest town thing ever. Look at PW's fake watcher/tracker claim
Also, I don't trust you at all anymore. You took my trust and beat it until it bled to death, set the corpse on fire, and threw it into a volcano.

Just because it fits events does not mean it's 100% the towniest town thing ever. Look at PW's fake watcher/tracker claim
Also, I don't trust you at all anymore. You took my trust and beat it until it bled to death, set the corpse on fire, and threw it into a volcano.

I'm sorry, but I doubt I had to do all that for you to distrust me.

roytheone

This has been a weird day. We had two trains (launch and BSP) and now we are less then 12 hours from days end, and the votes are pretty spread out between launch, BSP and me. I am currently in the lead, even though I feel I am not really being pushed or called out very much by people. If this hold up until the day's end, I will be lynched and the information you guys could get from how people interacted with me would be pretty small, since the push for me has been very low key. I am getting the feeling all three current lynch candidates are fine for scum.

VOTE: AbsolutBro

I really dislike how you pretty much never mentioned me (except some posts saying I could be the arsonist), but now that there is a very slight push against me from Tim, launch and ty4on, I am suddenly a top scum suspect? Your arguments seem to be A) having a vague feeling and B) I wasn't that concerned about finding the arsonist while doused and instead hunted for scum (still trying to figure out how that makes me scum).

This really feels to me like a scum seeing town forming a train against another town, and not fully jumping on board yet with a vote, but getting ready to be able to do that if it ends up being needed. And when I flip town, people will point to the instigators of the train (ty4on, launch, tim) and not you.

roytheone

Vote count please

You do know you can look it up yourself, right?

Day 5 votes

launchpadmcq (2)
xamtheking 2942 (3289)
nin1000 2944 (3055)
roytheone 3067 (3255)
salvapot 3108 (3292)
ourobolus 3125 (3248)
czartim 3192 (3269)
nin1000 3210 (3262)
xamtheking 3341
salvapot 3347

bananaspaceprincess (3)
burbeting 2967 (3019)
fireblend 2968
salvapot 3014 (3044)
launchpadmcq 3025 (3312)
burbeting 3214
ourobolus 3252
roytheone 3264 (3296)
xamtheking 3289 (3341)
salvapot 3292 (3347)

ourobolus (0)
czartim 3009 (3192)

salvapot (0)
salvapot 3044 (3108)

timeaisis (0)
nin1000 3055 (3210)
nin1000 3300 (3324)

czartim (1)
terrabyte20xx 3097

roytheone (4)
ty4on 3230
czartim 3269
launchpadmcq 3322
nin1000 3324

absolutbro (1)
roytheone 3361

Burbeting

Banned
I'm going o keep my vote on BSP, although I won't mind to see Roy flip as well. I believe that Launch is telling the truth, for reasons I've said before today.

Fireblend

Banned
I understand a BSP lynch not yielding much info and being a bit of a waste. How about a Time lynch? He's been similarly blendy and has voted everyday (except today. Could be waiting for a train to hop on?). BSP didn't vote on day 2 or 3 though, which is when we caught scum and makes her look bad (assumes scum knew Kalor was scum tho). Time voted for Scrafty on 2 and for Kalor on 3, which also makes sense for a scum team that didn't know Kalor's alignment. Both BSP and Kalor jumped on easy-mode Camjo train yesterday and if I'm not mistaken both have yet to vote today.

choo chooo, new trains a comin!

Vote: Xamtheking

My back and forth with Ouro pretty much highlighted why I don't trust you, and why I don't think your power is town-aligned.

@Roy: you're absolutely correct that I haven't mentioned you much. I haven't mentioned lots of players much. I admit I do not have a lot to go off of for you (pretty sure I admitted it in that post even), but at least one of my few previous posts re: you mention my distrust of you. I can offer that I hadn't been paying attention to the vote count, but I doubt you would believe me (and why should you?).

Also, I am seeing Civil War today at noon, which is when the day ends. So I will not be around for the last surge to day end, because I'm not one of those jerks that uses their cell phone during a movie. I may or may not be on until previews start though.

roytheone

I think people need to move some votes around....

Definitely. If the day just ends up fizzling out like this and I end up getting lynched without a lot of vote activity going on, that would be bad, it will offer you guys very little to help you scum hunt. I don't want my lynch to be a complete waste if it happens.

choo chooo, new trains a comin!

My back and forth with Ouro pretty much highlighted why I don't trust you, and why I don't think your power is town-aligned.

@Roy: you're absolutely correct that I haven't mentioned you much. I haven't mentioned lots of players much. I admit I do not have a lot to go off of for you (pretty sure I admitted it in that post even), but at least one of my few previous posts re: you mention my distrust of you. I can offer that I hadn't been paying attention to the vote count, but I doubt you would believe me (and why should you?).

I still think Xam is town, mostly because he was OK with giving me and Bronx control of his power. Would be a weird thing for scum to do.

Fireblend

Banned
Hmm, dunno how to feel about Xam. He's been less active since he used his last shot. He shared a lot of info on Bronx's chat, but then again I could see it being a scum power they didn't know what to do with and were using it to gain some trust.

I do think the power makes more sense as a scum PR now that I think about it though. They could use it to move away from claimed roles with adjacency rules. What good would it do for town? It seems neutral utility at best.

Ty4on

I understand a BSP lynch not yielding much info and being a bit of a waste. How about a Time lynch? He's been similarly blendy and has voted everyday (except today. Could be waiting for a train to hop on?). BSP didn't vote on day 2 or 3 though, which is when we caught scum and makes her look bad (assumes scum knew Kalor was scum tho). Time voted for Scrafty on 2 and for Kalor on 3, which also makes sense for a scum team that didn't know Kalor's alignment. Both BSP and Kalor jumped on easy-mode Camjo train yesterday and if I'm not mistaken both have yet to vote today.

I wouldn't say no to a Time or Roy lynch. I'm not that against a BSP lynch either, just feels like a "we don't have anyone better, let's just choose the inactive".

-Xam I don't have much of a read on, but I don't really think of him as scum for now.
-Nin I think was way too willing to lynch Wee to be scum.
-Fire just seemed too townie on D1 for me to vote for him now.
-Launch should be killed by scum tonight if he is town so I don't really understand lynching him now. Maybe scum can think they can get around him by targeting from and to the opposite table, but it feels like it would limit them too much. And as Burb said it would be weird to give scum a jailor.

I can't be here for day end, but I don't feel too uncomfortable lynching Roy.

roytheone

I wouldn't say no to a Time or Roy lynch. I'm not that against a BSP lynch either, just feels like a "we don't have anyone better, let's just choose the inactive".

I can't be here for day end, but I don't feel too uncomfortable lynching Roy.

Honestly, that's how I feel about the votes on me now too, only "we don't have anyone better, let's just choose the guy that is always hard to read".

- You think I play a bit too safe and you don't have a town read on me, but also don't really provide reasons why I am scum.

- Launch votes on me because he thinks I am scum trying to push for him to remove him from the game without using a night kill. This is the only one of the votes on me I can kinda see.

- Tim votes on me because I suddenly jumped on the BSP train. And yes, I did that, but I later explained why I did that: in order to get a read on her by watching the response to a vote train on her. I don't think he actually responded to that at all.

-Nin....well, yeah. I think I don't even have to talk about this one.

Then there are people like burb that are ok with seeing my flip. Honestly, I feel like a very easy, safe lynch right now that will tell you nothing except that I was town.

I still think Xam is town, mostly because he was OK with giving me and Bronx control of his power. Would be a weird thing for scum to do.

...I could see it being a scum power they didn't know what to do with and were using it to gain some trust.

I do think the power makes more sense as a scum PR now that I think about it though. They could use it to move away from claimed roles with adjacency rules. What good would it do for town? It seems neutral utility at best.

Pretty much what Fireblend said. The power is RNG based, so it's not exactly a thing they can count on. Letting town "control it" is also a good way to push the blame onto someone else if a PR gets moved away from scum. "It's not my fault Launch's target suddenly moved tables, Bronx/Roy said it was a good time to use it!"

And it's not just adjacency rules if we believe Launch's claim. I am guessing we have no actual doctor, Launch is a pseudo-fill in, but with range limitations. If this game had gone another way, and Launch had been forced to claim before Xam, they could use Xam to prevent any kind of protection.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah this feels ok

Fake edit: lol, my phone's keyboard actually suggested Xam right after I typed "vote:". It's a sign.
u48oizb.png

roytheone

For how many lynch candidates we have and how much uncertainty there is about who is going to be lynched, this day end is very.......quiet.

Burbeting

Banned
I just think it's little odd how quickly everyone seemed to back down from the BSP lynch, citing "Scum would have tried to save her right?", when what has happened now has been potentially just that.

Burbeting

Banned
Right now other lynch candidates seem to be Launch, Xam and Roy. Lynching potential town Jailor would be just stupid, scum wouldn't let that kind of role roam alive for long even if they would want to frame Launch, the risk is bit too high. Xam's role can potentially be scum role, but I believe it to be town bit more after it became apparent that Launch's mirrored role claim was not real.

That leaves Roy... and I would honestly want to lynch player who isn't even playing at all at this point of the game over him, when we still have the luxury to make a mis-lynch.

roytheone

Fun game time!

I bread-crumbed my role name in these posts:

Whoever can guess it correctly, will get a cute owl picture from me!

Fireblend

Banned
BSP said she's been neglecting the game IRL, so if she is scum her team might not be exactly scrambling to save her even if they're not doing super well right now, so it's not like I'm discounting her being scum. It's just that if she is, unless she has some powerful PR, it's not going to cause many reactions in her teammates.

roytheone

Also, since I will have to eat dinner soon and don't know if I will be back in time:

VOTE: bananaspaceprincess

I still think she is town, but i know 100 % sure that I am town.

I'm going to leave my vote where it is. I definitely won't be around for day end. It's between Roy and BSP. Make a decision and make sure it isn't a tie.

Burbeting

Banned
A Contradiction... If I understood his claim right, there could be a contradiction somewhere. But I'm confused why he didn't claim out right if he basically pointed out "look at these posts", it could create potential confusion. Like with me being wrong in my assumption, which could be easily true.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Not gonna lie, kinda feels like he's banking the Blarg name as most people would expect Blarg to have an interesting role. If he's going to role claim, freaking role claim!

RetroMG

Current Votes:

roytheone (4)
ty4on 3230
czartim 3269
launchpadmcq 3322
nin1000 3324

bananaspaceprincess (3)
burbeting 2967 (3019)
fireblend 2968 (3374)
salvapot 3014 (3044)
launchpadmcq 3025 (3312)
burbeting 3214
ourobolus 3252
roytheone 3264 (3296)
xamtheking 3289 (3341)
salvapot 3292 (3347)
roytheone 3382

launchpadmcq (2)
xamtheking 2942 (3289)
nin1000 2944 (3055)
roytheone 3067 (3255)
salvapot 3108 (3292)
ourobolus 3125 (3248)
czartim 3192 (3269)
nin1000 3210 (3262)
xamtheking 3341
salvapot 3347

xamtheking (2)
absolutbro 3367
fireblend 3374

czartim (1)
terrabyte20xx 3097

ourobolus (0)
czartim 3009 (3192)

salvapot (0)
salvapot 3044 (3108)

timeaisis (0)
nin1000 3055 (3210)
nin1000 3300 (3324)

absolutbro (0)
roytheone 3361 (3382)

Players without a current vote:
BananaSpacePrincess
Seath
Timeaisis

Burbeting

Banned
Btw, if I'm killed during the night, I'd urge people to not forget about Salva. The way how Kalor voted at the end of D2 still concerns me, he would have had a great shot of saving him.

Burbeting

Banned
Saving Wee and/or lynching Salva I assume?

Kalor wouldn't have hesitated to save weemad, right? I mean, it's not like Salva was being town read by many people in D2, so it wouldn't have looked too odd.

Also, where did Roy disappear to? It's now just 15 minutes until day ends.

roytheone

Kalor wouldn't have hesitated to save weemad, right? I mean, it's not like Salva was being town read by many people in D2, so it wouldn't have looked too odd.

Also, where did Roy disappear to? It's now just 15 minutes until day ends.

Bears have problems with reading?

Jay! You will get a cute owl picture! Soonish. Have to eat now.

Not gonna lie, kinda feels like he's banking the Blarg name as most people would expect Blarg to have an interesting role. If he's going to role claim, freaking role claim!

Nope, I'm ordinary. The fluff explains it that Swamped was afraid that I would do crazy things, so I had to promise her I wouldn't do anything weird.

roytheone

I'm curious: what information do you guys think my lynch will give you when I flip town? Nobody really pushed hard for me. Or defended me hard. From where I am standing, this is going to be one of the most useless lynches in gafia history. Most day 1 lynches give more information to work with then this.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, nothing much has happened other than a sudden swing to Roy. I don't have any particularly strong feelings about Roy either way, unfortunately. I thought it was a little weird that he wasn't going after the Arsonist, but he did explain that earlier, in how he could still win if he died, whereas I couldn't. So it makes sense to me. Whether that means "win with town" or "win with scum" remains to be seen.

BSP is simply a liability at this point. And Launch should be completely off the table - it's likely he'll probably get NK'd since he claimed, so there's no reason to do scum's work for them during the day.

Top Bottom