• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

Flame_AC

Want to note that my point on TWE lying was meant that he actually is DP, or some other important role, but is lying now under the guise of an early game mistake.

SkyOdin

I'm inclined to believe that The Worthy Edge just wanted to make a reference to his new avatar, and he really was that oblivious. It doesn't reflect well on his attentiveness, but it is plausible.

I'm inclined to believe that The Worthy Edge just wanted to make a reference to his new avatar, and he really was that oblivious. It doesn't reflect well on his attentiveness, but it is plausible.

Mm.

unvote

I actually don't think TWE is DP, but it's probably for the best that I don't say who I think is.

Having played with Worthy before, I can say with reasonable confidence that this is most likely the answer.

As much as this sounds like "Just get off my back please!" I really, really want to make it CLEAR. That was a joke. I know I won't be able to shake that crap off now, but I really feel like all this talk about me is useless because I didn't mean anything of it.

I don't know how the possible fuck I missed that Day 1 start post but I did. I know there's not much that I can do too prove that it was a joke but it honestly means nothing and it won't get us town anywhere simply talking about this extremely failed and overblown idiocy on my part. Now, the way people responded to it can definitely bring forth some interesting tidbits but that was not at all my intentions.

The post states that I was working today from 10am-6pm CST implying that I wouldn't be there for what I thought the "start of the day" was. Notice how I had posted nothing before referring to me playing the game yet. It was a sincere screw-up and not one that people should be pondering on. Another thing was Trigger's "have we found scum yet?" joke post leading me to believe he was being sarcastic because the day hadn't begun. Again, I know this sounds like a "get away from me!" cry for help, but it's not. Then if you noticed my reply to the first two replies was sarcastic, but sarcasm can't be blatantly shown over the internet.

Now. For the actual analysis I've done:

I think I know who the real Danny Phantom is but I don't think I should announce who and why I think he/she is DP. El Topo made the survey and I felt as if it was simply a joke, but I guess I'm bad at looking for those kinds of things :p As with Flame, I don't know if I agree with him "putting pressure" on something that he "isn't putting much stock in" by simply throwing a vote my way before letting me say anything. As soon as I said that I didn't know the day had started yet Xam immediately voted for me with nothing to back it up. Corn said that it wouldn't be terrible if DP died D1, which I completely disagree with due to the fact that we aren't seeing the full picture yet.

Corn said that it wouldn't be terrible if DP died D1, which I completely disagree with due to the fact that we aren't seeing the full picture yet.

My main argument was really that Danny is likely to die at some point in the game (though he may very well have some form of bulletproof or commuter ability to mitigate that), and it would do the least damage either very early (when voting records aren't as important), or very late (when town has a good sense of the remaining scum, and town tends to be more unified in their votes).

Also I do encourage people to answer at least some of Topo's questions. The "whats a scum tell" one in particular is a very good question since it can entrap scum later on in the game.

I get that Flame seemed to want to out Danny, but what do you make of Corn's "it's not a disaster if he dies" comment?

So this comment is actually super weird.

"I get Flame acted suspect, but can we focus on someone that isn't Flame?"

Now getting Crimson's opinion on me isn't scummy, but doing the "but" thing and trying to establish some sort of relation between Flame and me is odd.

Explain yourself a bit. You know, personality, play style, that kind of stuff.

Play style in the past games were extraordinarily aggressive, and dumb. I guess much hasn't changed in those regards so far as I've already screwed up even though I vowed to play more passive. I play Mafia Online the same way I do IRL so that's certainly not a good thing online. I always question someone when I have even the smallest of doubts and that kills me.

Okay then. Next question. How do you want to approach this game?

More passive and smart. I'm not going guns blazing at people like I normally do but I still want to keep some pressure on anyone that crosses my mind as a potential scum.

Are you scum?

No, I'm obviously not. :p

What do you consider important in a game?

Communication no matter what team you're on. I don't know if this is a question exclusively for town or mafia, but communication is key to a win. No matter what happens you must not go ballistic about something, keep your calm (unlike me in previous games) and not necessarily roll with it, but kind of see where something takes you and everybody else because there will always be some kind of information.

Anything you would consider a scum tell?

Bandwagoning and voting for someone with minimal to no reason whatsoever. Not voting Day 1 doesn't necessarily tell me if someone is mafia or not, but it doesn't sit right with me. Hypocrisy. If you call out someone for something you did before in the game that will raise a few flags.

oh TY, TWE, now pass on the talking McGuffin to the person next to you, k? We'll go around the room

*eyeroll*

When Bar Mafia's done, clearly they can come on over to the Phantom Zone for their AA meetings

go on, who's next? One at a time, now

Why don't you ALL introduce yourselves

pls

continue

gryvan

So from right now what I'm seeing is:

Darryl and Flame pushing hard on TWE

I can understand Darryl since I've played with him before and he has a habit of pushing a suspicious comment and going further which does bring results...what I don't understand is why Flame wants to out Danny too...

TWE....didn't know the day started...which just makes it more...weirder but I don't know whether to believe him or not...

I kinda want to believe that he sincerely forgot it but something in my brain tells me otherwise...I'll have to keep an eye though just in case...

Also about the personality survey, i'll probably fill it out eventually

I'm glad at least some people are taking my questionnaire seriously and don't just leave out the roy part.

uw0DDzC.gif

gryvan

oh TY, TWE, now pass on the talking McGuffin to the person next to you, k? We'll go around the room

*eyeroll*

When Bar Mafia's done, clearly they can come on over to the Phantom Zone for their AA meetings

go on, who's next? One at a time, now

Why don't you ALL introduce yourselves

pls

continue

Hey Blarg what do you think about the current situation

I would like to hear your opinion on this as well

LOL i doubt I'll get a response

[highlight[Vote: Blargonaut

Idk if I can be assed to try and read Blarg. It is an exercise in futility. I've also not been convinced that Blarg's insights (as town) are really anything special. Consider this a placeholder vote, but I wouldn't mind it becoming real if no better option presents itself.

[highlight[Vote: Blargonaut

Idk if I can be assed to try and read Blarg. It is an exercise in futility. I've also not been convinced that Blarg's insights (as town) are really anything special. Consider this a placeholder vote, but I wouldn't mind it becoming real if no better option presents itself.

UNVOTE: CornBurrito

Explain yourself a bit. You know, personality, play style, that kind of stuff.

I'm really quiet. I'm kind of hesitant to talk about my reads because me and my gut feelings don't necessarily get along. A bit better at meta stuff and such.

Okay then. Next question. How do you want to approach this game?

I want to participate more, but whether or not that actually happens will have to be seen. I also want to at least try to trust my gut with things better because half the time when I don't trust my gut and get wishy-washy I end up missing the mark or looking scummy. Or both. That's happened.

Are you scum?

Yes.
No.

What do you consider important in a game?
Accuracy and communication.

Anything you would consider a scum tell?

Votes with no explanation, going all in on a person for flimsy reasons.

Something about killing Roy

I dunno, a flood of memes?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
blargonaut (1)
gryvan 60 (169)
giant panda 158

darryl (0)
el topo 72 (153)

rats off to ya (0)
ultron87 108 (172)

xamtheking (0)
xamtheking 143 (217)

theworthyedge (4)
darryl 146
trigger 157
starsketch 201 (253)
flame_ac 206
xamtheking 217

cornburrito (2)
el topo 153
blargonaut 188

the worthyedge (0)
trigger 156 (157)

flameac (1)
crimsonfist 233

Currently not voting:
melonrabbit
OceanicAir
SkyOdin
StanleyPalmtree
gryvan
Enker
Rats Off to Ya
TheWorthyEdge
Royal_Flush
StarSketch
Ty4on
Matt Attack
CornBurrito
ultron87

SkyOdin

VOTE: Xamtheking

Looking at the vote count, I can't help but feel that someone is trying to turn it into a bandwagon. Xam, your vote stand out in particular because you didn't attempt to explain it or involve yourself in the discussion about TWE's actions. Instead, you have been doing nothing but making cryptic one-liners ever since the game started. It is a bad sign when I have a better read on Blargonaut than you.

The fact that you claimed to be a ghost soon after the game started could also perhaps use some examination. If we are going to be spending effort looking into what could be role-claims, we might as well be consistent about it.

VOTE: Xamtheking

Looking at the vote count, I can't help but feel that someone is trying to turn it into a bandwagon. Xam, your vote stand out in particular because you didn't attempt to explain it or involve yourself in the discussion about TWE's actions. Instead, you have been doing nothing but making cryptic one-liners ever since the game started. It is a bad sign when I have a better read on Blargonaut than you.

The fact that you claimed to be a ghost soon after the game started could also perhaps use some examination. If we are going to be spending effort looking into what could be role-claims, we might as well be consistent about it.
Aren't you gonna to try to shove me into your ridiculous thermos!?

See!

I can't make heads or tails of this!

Do we need an interpreter?

*psst* hes being the box ghost, a character from the show.
he made it pretty clear ho would be doing this well before the game started (and i think before role pm's went out).
so its extremely unlikely this is any kind of breadcrumb.

that said, more substance to his vote sure would be nice to hear.

SkyOdin

he made it pretty clear ho would be doing this well before the game started (and i think before role pm's went out).

Thank you for the translation key, but I still feel like Captain Picard stuck on that planet where people speak in nothing but memes.

I still find this gimmick to be suspicious though, since it is easy to try and hide a lack of meaningful activity behind an amusing gimmick. The heavens know that Blargonaut has made a career out of it (though Blargonaut at least knows how to trickle out useful information and opinions at the same time).

I am honestly impressed by your effort Xam, but I would like to know more about why you voted for TheWorthyEdge, particularly since he already had so many votes hanging over his head.

(On Day 1, all we have to go on is what people say and how they act. It's possible that TWE was just joking, but I will keep my vote where it is unless something more serious occurs.)

Thank you for the translation key, but I still feel like Captain Picard stuck on that planet where people speak in nothing but memes.

I still find this gimmick to be suspicious though, since it is easy to try and hide a lack of meaningful activity behind an amusing gimmick. The heavens know that Blargonaut has made a career out of it (though Blargonaut at least knows how to trickle out useful information and opinions at the same time).

I am honestly impressed by your effort Xam, but I would like to know more about why you voted for TheWorthyEdge, particularly since he already had so many votes hanging over his head.
(I found it suspicious, personally, and still do, to an extent. I've learned to stop immediately taking things at face value, and instead maybe try to explore other possibilities.)

SkyOdin

Okay, now that Xamtheking has at least chimed in a bit, there was someone else I have been meaning to put some pressure on for a little while now.

However, votes create pressure.

Yes they do.
VOTE: Flame_AC

Flame, your early activity has been bothering me. You made a big post using your knowledge of the Danny Phantom TV show to speculate about roles, particularly about who could be Godfather or Miller roles. In fact, you have been showing a strong interest in the possibility of Miller roles. It strikes me as strange. Moreover, this kind of early speculation, before we really know anything about the roles in the game, feels premature. It is the kind of activity that makes it look like you are contributing, but isn't really that strong of a contribution.

Also, I am somewhat suspicious of the timing on your vote for TheWorthyEdge, for the same basic reasons that I am suspicious of Xamtheking. You said that "votes create pressure", but TWE already had three votes on him by the time you made your vote. One or two votes are pressure, but a fourth or fifth feel like an attempt to bandwagon.

Flame_AC

So from right now what I'm seeing is:

Darryl and Flame pushing hard on TWE

I can understand Darryl since I've played with him before and he has a habit of pushing a suspicious comment and going further which does bring results...what I don't understand is why Flame wants to out Danny too...

I don't really want to out Danny, but in the situation TWE and all of us created, we kinda needed a definitive yes/no from him so we could just move on. He had plenty of options in what to say as I mentioned earlier, so I'm not really forcing him to say anything that will hurt town. All I wanted was to move past non-answers on that question and get it over with so we know where to go from here.

Also, to whoever said Phantom Zone. :(

It's Ghost Zone!

Flame_AC

Flame, your early activity has been bothering me. You made a big post using your knowledge of the Danny Phantom TV show to speculate about roles, particularly about who could be Godfather or Miller roles. In fact, you have been showing a strong interest in the possibility of Miller roles. It strikes me as strange. Moreover, this kind of early speculation, before we really know anything about the roles in the game, feels premature. It is the kind of activity that makes it look like you are contributing, but isn't really that strong of a contribution.

Also, I am somewhat suspicious of the timing on your vote for TheWorthyEdge, for the same basic reasons that I am suspicious of Xamtheking. You said that "votes create pressure", but TWE already had three votes on him by the time you made your vote. One or two votes are pressure, but a fourth or fifth feel like an attempt to bandwagon.

Role speculation is bound to help us at some point. I would rather spend time now on a more open-ended day theorizing plausible roles then have to start on Day 5.

I didn't even look at the vote count to be quite honest on TWE. Doesn't really make a difference. We got our benefit when he answered the questions we were hoping he would.

Also, do we wanna lynch Xam? He technically claimed a non-resident of Amity Park. ;)

How about the Stantom Zone?
its may or may not just be my house

anyway, on to things actually worth typing:

(On Day 1, all we have to go on is what people say and how they act. It's possible that TWE was just joking, but I will keep my vote where it is unless something more serious occurs.)

yeah pretty much what i expected, and i wouldn't say that i disagree.

Ty4on

So this comment is actually super weird.

"I get Flame acted suspect, but can we focus on someone that isn't Flame?"

Now getting Crimson's opinion on me isn't scummy, but doing the "but" thing and trying to establish some sort of relation between Flame and me is odd.
Yeah, that post is very unclear.

Crimson had talked a lot about Danny, but hadn't commented on your comment so I wanted his thoughts.

I quoted that vote because it was his last post and started with that thing about Flame to separate you two, but should have been much more clear. I wanted to make it clear that the comment wasn't about Flame and that I understood why he was voting Flame over you. I didn't want him defending his vote on Flame, I wanted his thoughts on you.

Okay, now that Xamtheking has at least chimed in a bit, there was someone else I have been meaning to put some pressure on for a little while now.

Bathing in the superstition of carnal youth is good for your ectoplasm.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

roytheone

Okay. Last question. How would you kill roy?

Boiled alive. Makes for a fine broth.
Get on the floor.

How would you kill roy?

I'd throw Roy to the hoi polloi.

I have nothing against Roy. I would allow him to live
(unless there's something in it for me- I could think of something then)

Something about killing Roy

I dunno, a flood of memes?

I just want you guys to know that I am keeping track of all this. Carry on.

Fuckin' hell...if I get lynched it's my own ignorance that's actually killing me.

I honestly don't know what else to say, because I can't explain myself any better lol

What do you think of the followups to his explanation then? A few of us have give thoughts/possibly motivations. Do you think it's a scum gambit? do you think he could be lying for some other reason?

How about the Stantom Zone?
its may or may not just be my house

anyway, on to things actually worth typing:

yeah pretty much what i expected, and i wouldn't say that i disagree.

Got any other things worth typing? You don't seem to have contributed too much outside of fluff.

I think many of you guys need to watch this: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1229616

Couldn't have come out at a more perfect time.

There's been worse jokes which people have almost been lynched over. At least you didn't go to get ice cream.

TWE isn't Scum. Maybe a lost partner or something but unless he chose to ignore the Scum chat or the whole Scum team is completely incompetent there is no way this is a Scum gambit. Come on.

So, now to that train on him:

theworthyedge (5)
darryl 146
trigger 157
starsketch 201 (253)
flame_ac 206
xamtheking 217
blargonaut 285

That's an easy vote if I've ever seen one. Which of these people looks Scummy?

Vote: TheWorthyEdge
Darryl is a difficult case for me. It looks like he smelled bullshit and called it out, but Darryl also isn't stupid. Why did he take it so serious? Note that he still clings onto that vote with this explanation. Coulb be either stubborn or Scummy; I lean towards the first.

VOTE: The WorthyEdge

A random role claim out of no where. I don't watch the show, so I'm not sure if lynch immunity is something Danny would have. I do know that I don't see any reason why a town player would make that claim.
Danny's "lynch immunity" (which actually isn't one) was stated in the OP. Trigger gets a pass from me because I think this would have been discussed in the Scum Chat.

He hasn't said anything since the claim, though so I don't know if he wants to backtrack or dig in deeper.
That's a, uhm, prod vote of some kind? Not sure about this one.

I'm not personally putting much stock in the Danny claim, will wait till he comes around and see what he says about it.

However, votes create pressure.

"I'm voting him but just for the pressure (I don't care that he already has three votes) but please don't read too much into this"... Strong Scum vibes here.

Nothing to go on. A big maybe. Xam, I know you try to be like Blarg but at least give us something? Subtitles are an okay start.

Bathing in the superstition of carnal youth is good for your ectoplasm.

lttp, typical Blarg action. I don't know how to deal with Blarg yet...
I know I asked for it :p

What stands out to me with Flame's flavor speculation is the focus on how half-ghosts will show up to a cop, and more importantly, the possibility that Danny or Dani (who seems to be a clone of him) could be scum. Leaving aside how unlikely it is that Danny is a scum role, I don't think we've seen any evidence that Dani is even in this game- and even if she was, the wiki makes her seem like she's mostly a good guy. It's framed as mere speculation, but it isn't impossible that it's scum trying to make it so that if one of these roles does come out, they can be painted as scum.

Top Bottom