• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Last week in Off-Topic - next week back to the Community cellar

7KdzsE7.jpg

The Buckeyes did it again. It's been a long, grueling season, but Urban and the Boys have once again brought the natty back to C-Bus. Let's take a look at their journey:

BGSU W77-10
TLSA W48-3
OKLA W45-24

Undefeated. Untied. Unstoppable. Undisputed. Congratulations, Buckeyes. You deserved it!

AP Poll

RK TEAM REC PTS TREND
1 Alabama(50) 3-0 1510 —
2 Ohio State(4) 3-0 1442 1
3 Louisville(6) 3-0 1406 7
4 Michigan(1) 3-0 1277 —
5 Clemson 3-0 1258 —
6 Houston 3-0 1245 —
7 Stanford 2-0 1195 —
8 Michigan State 2-0 1084 4
9 Washington 3-0 1040 1
10 Texas A&M 3-0 890 7
11 Wisconsin 3-0 828 2
12 Georgia 3-0 726 4
13 Florida State 2-1 722 11
14 Tennessee 3-0 707 1
15 Miami 3-0 565 10
16 Baylor 3-0 529 5
17 Arkansas 3-0 528 7
18 LSU 2-1 517 2
19 Florida 3-0 479 4
20 Nebraska 3-0 420 —
21 Texas 2-1 196 10
22 San Diego State 3-0 183 —
23 Ole Miss 1-2 172 4
24 Utah 3-0 154 —
25 Oklahoma 1-2 139 11
Complete Rankings
Dropped from rankings: Iowa 13, Notre Dame 18, Oregon 22
Others receiving votes: TCU 132, North Dakota State 74, UCLA 74, Boise State 69, Iowa 47, California 44, Oklahoma State 42, Notre Dame 32, Oregon 23, Georgia Tech 17, North Carolina 17, Central Michigan 16, South Florida 7, Toledo 6, Western Michigan 6, Arizona State 3, Maryland 3, Virginia Tech 1

Schedule of Notable Games

Thursday, September 22
MATCHUP TIME (CT) NAT TV
#5 Clemson Georgia Tech 6:30 PM ESPN

Friday, September 23
MATCHUP TIME (CT) NAT TV
USC #24 Utah 8:00 PM FS1

Saturday, September 23
#12 Georgia #23 Ole Miss 11:00 AM ESPN
#13 Florida State South Florida 11:00 AM ABC
#11 Wisconsin #8 Michigan State 11:00 AM BTN
#19 Florida #14 Tennessee 2:30 PM CBS
Penn State #4 Michigan 2:30 PM ABC
#18 LSU Auburn 5:00 PM ESPN
#20 Nebraska Northwestern 6:30 PM BTN
Oklahoma State #16 Baylor 6:30 PM FOX
South Carolina Kentucky 6:30 PM SECN
#7 Stanford UCLA 7:00 PM ABC
#3 Louisville Marshall 7:00 PM CBSSN
#17 Arkansas #10 Texas A&M 8:00 PM ESPN
#9 Washington Arizona 9:30 PM PAC12​

Pick 'em

https://goo.gl/forms/bifieGNfiHAFSFm73

Georgia/Ole Miss
San Jose State/Iowa State
Wisconsin/Sparty
Syracuse/UConn
Florida/Tennessee
Pitt/UNC
Wake Forest/Indiana
Louisiana Tech/Middle Tennessee
Okie State/Baylor
Stanford/UCLA
Arkansas/TAMU
Cal/ASU

The Decided Schematic Advantage - CFB GAF's very own podcast

Listen to Tom (Azwethinkweiz), Andy (Andycapps), Mike (Lonestar), and Andrew (bucknuticus) discuss the latest in college football news, a little bit about video games, and TV.

The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

How to Subscribe to this Thread

Web browser: click on the "Subscribe" button on the top right side of the screen. Next click "add subscription".

Mobile: Click on the "Tools" button, found by scrolling all the way to the bottom. Then click "Add Subscription".

Ganhyun

Ok Dawgs, lets give Ole Miss another loss.

*preps Larry Munson style for the inevitable loss coming our way*

Friday game, but I'll be at Dodger Stadium instead :p

also, Oregon has lost their best WR, Devon Allen for the rest of the year

KodaRuss

Bye week couldn't come at a better time for my Longhorns. I hope our secondary feels really shitty for the next two weeks about their performance in California.

Awesome games this week to watch with no added stress since we aren't playing!

Hey Buckeye fans that said Jabrill Peppers has done absolutely nothing to deserve the hype....
https://www.google.com/amp/www.mlive.com/articles/19312453/jabrill_peppers_is_first_playe.amp

First player ever to receive B10 player of the week on defense and ST

Also
https://www.google.com/amp/www.maiz...jabrill-peppers-named-walter-camp-player-week

Named co-national player of the week

Maybe some game he'll stop blowing coverage or get an INT.

Glad he could finally put up pedestrian numbers against powerhouse Colorado. Congrats on registering your 2nd career sack, 0 career INTs and 0 pass breakups this season!

Maybe he'll stay a 4th year where he can double all of those!

edit: I almost forgot that he a 2 way player, dont want to discount those 176 career yards from scrimmage.

Truly a once in a generation player.

impirius

I assume SC@UK is in Notable Games because a big basketball recruit will be there or something.

Gamecocks are 2-1 (1-1), so according to math, they're on pace to finish 8-4 (4-4). What a turnaround! I'll just check back in December to see where the bowl game is

LionPride

Banned
Remember when Ohio State was supposed to finally face attrition following a lot of players leaving

Remember when Ohio State were possibly gonna lose to Oklahoma

Remember when Ohio State didn't seem like legit one of the two best teams in the nation

Good times

Remember when Ohio State was supposed to finally face attrition following a lot of players leaving

Remember when Ohio State didn't seem like legit one of the two best teams in the nation

Good times

Doesn't ring a bell

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Good times

Remember when I said in the pre-season thread Ohio State was being underhyped?

Called that shit. Dos recruiting classes.

andycapps

I assume SC@UK is in Notable Games because a big basketball recruit will be there or something.

Gamecocks are 2-1 (1-1), so according to math, they're on pace to finish 8-4 (4-4). What a turnaround! I'll just check back in December to see where the bowl game is
That game will likely be the turd of the week on the podcast. It's worth watching to see the trainwreck.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Good times
Preseason ranked #5. Plays the "no respect" card.

This is why nobody likes you, Ohio State.

inm8num2

Against ranked teams since 2013, few are better than Michigan State

Since the start of the 2013 season, the Spartans are 10-4 in games against ranked opponents. According to CFBTrivia.com, that's the third-best winning percentage of any team in college football. Only Alabama (18-5) and Ohio State (9-3) are better. Ironically, two of those three Ohio State losses were to the Spartans.

Since the start of 2015, that winning percentage has jumped even higher: Michigan State has won six of its last seven games against ranked opponents. Two of those opponents were in the top five: No. 4 Iowa in the 2015 Big Ten title game, and No. 2 Ohio State last season. Its only loss to a ranked opponent since November 2014 was its College Football Playoff loss to No. 2 Alabama.

According to ESPN, the Spartans' five straight regular season wins against top 20 teams is tied for the second-longest streak in the country.

This was also interesting.

For comparison, the most recent road win against an AP Top 25 opponent (by game time rank) for each Big Ten program (plus Notre Dame), as well as their current streak:

Ohio State: 2016 (5 straight wins)
Michigan State: 2016 (3 straight wins)
Iowa: 2015 (2 straight wins)
Northwestern: 2015 (1 straight win)
Notre Dame; 2015 (1 straight loss)
Indiana: 2014 (2 straight losses)
Minnesota: 2014 (4 straight losses)
Penn State: 2013 (2 straight losses)
Nebraska: 2011 (4 straight losses)
Wisconsin: 2010 (3 straight losses)
Rutgers: 2009 (7 straight losses)
Maryland: 2008 (10 straight losses)
Illinois: 2007 (10 straight losses)
Michigan: 2006 (13 straight losses)
Purdue: 2003 (21 straight losses)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Against ranked teams since 2013, few are better than Michigan State

Since the start of the 2013 season, the Spartans are 10-4 in games against ranked opponents. According to CFBTrivia.com, that's the third-best winning percentage of any team in college football. Only Alabama (18-5) and Ohio State (9-3) are better. Ironically, two of those three Ohio State losses were to the Spartans.

This was also interesting.

I know, I know, "SEC is Overrated" but damn, almost double the wins and 1 more loss (and double wins and 2 more losses over OSUn), with 3 or 4 more coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom