• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

Err fuck this isn't going anywhere. I lied, don't want to waste any more time on that claim

If a real PR could give some real info, that would be great

I concur

Desperation mostly. Day 4 and not a single useful claim? Wtf are our power roles doing?

But yes, it's my fault for trying to create something from nothing.

It's okay, don't be so hard on yourself

We all make errors

so if splinter was lying (again lol) does that mean we should believe blargs claim?

i dont think i want to do that.

until the real Vig/SK comes forward, sure

Sawneeks

Banned
I voted yennek and I will probably stick on him since he is the scummiest of all of you.
Mafia coaster

Ynnek over Salva as a Mafia Coaster? He plays safe and doesn't step on toes but at least he has contributed more than just mechanic speculation and Day 1 fluff. :x

Seems like the time for talk is over...

vote:Salvapot

Fireblend on deck

Ynnek7 in the hole.

What do you mean by that last part? o:

I separate inactives by looking at the player list and thinking 'Well, I haven't heard anything from this player. Can I remember them? What about searching through the day? Yesterday?'

As for me being more rushed today, yall don't feel the pinch after 8 town dead? It doesn't make you wonder?

Hmmm, okay, fair enough. That's about how I do mine as well plus a little bit of searching over the Day phase. Who would be on your inactive list, by chance?

so if splinter was lying (again lol) does that mean we should believe blargs claim?

i dont think i want to do that.

I'll trust him if he finally answers my questions because he has been dodging me all game and it's incredibly annoying.

Its because I am his scum partner.

mind dropping the names of the rest of the scum team?

thanks in advance btw

Verelios

Hmmm, okay, fair enough. That's about how I do mine as well plus a little bit of searching over the Day phase. Who would be on your inactive list
Top three in no particular order

Ynnek
Salva(stands out to me as...weird)
Fireblend

Because every time they post I think to myself 'Wow, that's rare'

Top three in no particular order

Ynnek
Salva(stands out to me as...weird)
Fireblend

Because every time they post I think to myself 'Wow, that's rare'

weirdly enough, of these 3 Salva is the one im most reluctant to lynch.
he isnt just normal inactive, not in the usual attempt to coast through the game, apologizing for it every other day.
Slava is militantly inactive. silence accompanied by a big middle finger.
it feels like a hell of a risk for a scum player to take, certainly not impossible, but incredibly ballsy.

weirdly enough, of these 3 Salva is the one im most reluctant to lynch.
he isnt just normal inactive, not in the usual attempt to coast through the game, apologizing for it every other day.
Slava is militantly inactive. silence accompanied by a big middle finger.
it feels like a hell of a risk for a scum player to take, certainly not impossible, but incredibly ballsy.

lol

*Splinter

Why Salva?
He's being accused of being scummy for not contributing - but town Salva does that every game, so do people seriously think he's scum or are they just pointing at "inactive players" with no further thought?

I'm not even convinced he's been as bad as usual (admittedly a low bar). Look at today for example, he started out posting a bit, sounded like he was here to play, then people accuse him of inactivity again and he loses interest. Looks to me like he's sick of the same old accusation with no thought behind it.

Plus he completely forgot the game at one point, which seems harder to do as scum? And if he faked that then fuck him and I'll be voting him D1 of every game going forward.

*Splinter

You being scum ?
You barely being here ?
You being scum ?

You don't really believe I am scum.

you got me. I am still bitter about last game yo, i thought we were hermanos but this time i think you are one of the coasters. And its not like you try to play a game of you dont care. Its more like trying to stay in the shadows. I dont like that Salva. Just wanted to state that very Clear.

Vote: Salvapot

Expected more from you Hermano
We're 8 townies down and you're voting for someone you don't think is scum?

D1 is fine for lynching inactives, D4 after 3 straight mislynches is not.

nin1000

Banned
We're 8 townies down and you're voting for someone you don't think is scum?

D1 is fine for lynching inactives, D4 after 3 straight mislynches is not.

Fair Point. Just for your information i am still unsure if i will be sticking to Salva or be voting you. You are active but in the past days your actions did not really paint a good picture of you.

JUST
FOR
YOUR
INFORMATION
*SPLINTER

nin1000

Banned
He's being accused of being scummy for not contributing -

False he is being accused for not contributing. Thats all since we said that us lynching those that are "scummy" were all Town in the end.

but town Salva does that every game, so do people seriously think he's scum or are they just pointing at "inactive players" with no further thought?
For now the latter. I hope him getting more flak will force him to change his game.

I'm not even convinced he's been as bad as usual (admittedly a low bar). Look at today for example, he started out posting a bit, sounded like he was here to play, then people accuse him of inactivity again and he loses interest. Looks to me like he's sick of the same old accusation with no thought behind it.
That sure can be a valid point but i know aswell that he can defend himself.
If you hear me salva. Come here and say something. Even if it is " i dont want to play anymore"

Plus he completely forgot the game at one point, which seems harder to do as scum? And if he faked that then fuck him and I'll be voting him D1 of every game going forward.

My point of getting rid of someone who is just kinda there still stands. I know that he is probably town, but come on. We are at a point where it sucks to have such an inactive player in the game.

Like i said earlier my vote can still change but for now i want to call him out and force him to say something.

roytheone

Ugh, I am so tired from work/having a light Flu, I could sleep for 18 hours :(

Since the day is already halfway over, I looked at my notes, and honestly, Dusk and Blarg are still on top of my scum list.

Dusk had very little on day 1, mostly reacted to people and had that pokemon read list he later admitted was nonsense that ended with a vote on Fire. Day 2 he started with a bunch of open doors (Like how my vote on Bronx felt like I was saving sophia, yeah, no shit, I literally said that) and role speculation (something about the trainers likely being a arsonist for no real reason). Then for some reason he made up some strong defense against Fire I apparently made, even though I never did. On day 3 he was one of the main pushers against sophiasketch and forcing her to out her trainer. He seemed convinced that at least one trainer has to be non-town, I could see a scum if they know they have no trainers try to push that narrative to get some easy miss lynches. Today he comes with the idea for all town roles to come forward which is an incredibly bad idea imo. He now has backtracked a bit by stating he wants all town pr that have concrete information to come forward, which is different from his original plan. He also said he thinks the scum team is smaller then normal, which is always dangerous. Underestimating the size of a scum team can make town lose. I will say him claiming vig at the end of day 3 to try and confuse scum sounds like a towny thing to do, so that speaks in his favor.

Blarg has by far the most posts, but if you look at actually game relevant stuff then he is way lower. This actually makes it really, really annoying to look back at his posts :( If I look at my notes, what jumps out is that he rarely gives reasons to vote for someone, he often just jumps around, accusing people, asking questions, screaming but a coherent thought or an answer to a question aimed at him is hard to find. Now, that is how Blarg typically plays, but what really bugged me was how he pushed for ynnek being the Topo-trainer based on a breadcrumb he supposedly had found. That really came over to me like a scum Blarg trying to get a misslynch done by using the idea that the Topo-trainer had to be scum (which was prevalent at that point). Then there was his dumb plan with the vig outing themselves, shooting TGD and being voluntarily role blocked and protected by the doctor. And today he yells to Lady Gaga II to reveal themselves for no real reason. He seems to be more concerned with finding pr then with actually finding scum, which worries me. As an added bonus, his flip would tell me more about ynnek which is a coaster and someone I don't have a strong read on.

vote: Blargonaut

I currently town read sophiasketch, sawneeks, splinter and Nin. I suspected Nin for a while, but he seems genuinely annoyed with discussion stalling in the game and he made efforts to try and fix that.

He's being accused of being scummy for not contributing - but town Salva does that every game, so do people seriously think he's scum or are they just pointing at "inactive players" with no further thought?

I tend to agree with this. If Salva was scum, I would expect his scum partners to have yelled at him in the chat at this point, pushing him to be more active. We had that with Arkos in HP and it was super annoying, when he never responded to our yelling we had to ask Nin to replace him. Since Salva hasn't upped his activity even when he gets suspicion for it, I don't think he is scum. I fear Salva will be used as an easy misslynch by scum soon.

*snip*

Blarg has by far the most posts, but if you look at actually game relevant stuff then he is way lower. This actually makes it really, really annoying to look back at his posts :( If I look at my notes, what jumps out is that he rarely gives reasons to vote for someone, he often just jumps around, accusing people, asking questions, screaming but a coherent thought or an answer to a question aimed at him is hard to find. Now, that is how Blarg typically plays, but what really bugged me was how he pushed for ynnek being the Topo-trainer based on a breadcrumb he supposedly had found. That really came over to me like a scum Blarg trying to get a misslynch done by using the idea that the Topo-trainer had to be scum (which was prevalent at that point). Then there was his dumb plan with the vig outing themselves, shooting TGD and being voluntarily role blocked and protected by the doctor. And today he yells to Lady Gaga II to reveal themselves for no real reason. He seems to be more concerned with finding pr then with actually finding scum, which worries me. As an added bonus, his flip would tell me more about ynnek which is a coaster and someone I don't have a strong read on.

vote: Blargonaut

*snip*

Okay.

First, let's not be so hasty. Being hot-headed and full of bravado about these kinds of things, does no one any favours. You've gotta be clear in what you're trying to have me contemplate about the nature of myself and how I've come to be viewed in such a light in your mind. Thank you for sharing your views about me with me. Coherent communication between peers of a common goal is the keystone to the iterative process that accomplishing that goal together is.

Second, I'd like to have us agree on this:

From this moment onwards, I will strive to contribute in a more meaningful and constructive fashion conducive to the well-being of purposeful banter and ludological acuity of all players presently participant. SalvaPot, say it with me

Meanwhile, you will establish the ground rules upon which I will operate towards the future of this game in such a manner; said establishment begins with a question or questions, directed at me, ideally about said future. I think you're capable of that, roylet. Don't succumb to your instincts.

I read once that there's this culture, can't remember where from though, in which they perceive the past as something that's in front of you, not behind you; because, since the past has already happened, the past is already visible to you, in front of you like a book that can be read before your eyes. Conversely, they consider the future as behind you, because it's as yet unseen, and therefore unknowable until you turn around

zBEiExR.gif

roytheone

Okay.

First, let's not be so hasty. Being hot-headed and full of bravado about these kinds of things, does no one any favours. You've gotta be clear in what you're trying to have me contemplate about the nature of myself and how I've come to be viewed in such a light in your mind. Thank you for sharing your views about me with me. Coherent communication between peers of a common goal is the keystone to the iterative process that accomplishing that goal together is.

From this moment onwards, I will strive to contribute in a more meaningful and constructive fashion conducive to the well-being of purposeful banter and ludological acuity of all players presently participant. SalvaPot, say it with me

Meanwhile, you will establish the ground rules upon which I will operate towards the future of this game in such a manner; said establishment begins with a question or questions, directed at me, ideally about said future. I think you're capable of that, roylet. Don't succumb to your instincts.

I read once that there's this culture, can't remember where from though, in which they perceive the past as something that's in front of you, not behind you; because, since the past has already happened, the past is already visible to you, in front of you like a book that can be read before your eyes. Conversely, they consider the future as behind you, because it's as yet unseen, and therefore unknowable until you turn around

Ok, can you tell us then:

-Why did you vote on Ynnek at the end of day 3 even after it was clear he wasn't the Topo-trainer?
- Why do you want lady Gaga II to out themselves? How would you think that would help us?
- What do you think of the vote analysis of LP? Is it worth looking at, or not indicative of alignment?
- Do you agree with the sentiment that we should focus on lynching inactives?
- Who are your scum suspects right now?
- If there is indeed a vig, should they shoot tonight with the risk of hitting town again, or wait until there is a more clear scum target?

I tend to agree with this. If Salva was scum, I would expect his scum partners to have yelled at him in the chat at this point, pushing him to be more active. We had that with Arkos in HP and it was super annoying, when he never responded to our yelling we had to ask Nin to replace him. Since Salva hasn't upped his activity even when he gets suspicion for it, I don't think he is scum. I fear Salva will be used as an easy misslynch by scum soon.

We don't know how scum would act. Don't discount anything until you see a flip.

Maybe Salva ups his activity for self-preservation reasons, a strategy not exclusive to scum.

Ok, can you tell us then:

-Why did you vote on Ynnek at the end of day 3 even after it was clear he wasn't the Topo-trainer?
- Why do you want lady Gaga II to out themselves? How would you think that would help us?
- What do you think of the vote analysis of LP? Is it worth looking at, or not indicative of alignment?
- Do you agree with the sentiment that we should focus on lynching inactives?
- Who are your scum suspects right now?
- If there is indeed a vig, should they shoot tonight with the risk of hitting town again, or wait until there is a more clear scum target?

*sigh*

What did I say about the past, roylet

This is highly disappointing, you should try again

roylet, tell you what

Out of those six "questions" you just tried to hand in to me, pick the one that you think is the most important

and I will answer it wholeheartedly

swear down

I think everyone should post their top town and scum.

Top town: melon, Sawneeks, Splinter

To be honest, I don't feel really positive about this trio, which is concerning for a top town list. melon has been active and aggressive, but seems a little too reactive. Sawneeks pretty much threw CM under the bus; I was surprised when she revealed her gossip chat and immediately went after CM. It was like she saw CM out her and concluded that he had to die (to be fair it was a bad move from CM). Splinter hasn't done anything out of the ordinary to be honest, but being on three town lynches and then lying about being a vig... not really optimal town play.

But I put these three in top town because they're active and engaging. Plus, 3 make up a triangle... omg.

Backup top town: roy, Sketch, nin

Perhaps I've noticed roy more since he asks me a bunch of questions, but he seems fairly active. Sketch is carrying some baggage from Sophia, and I wasn't too thrilled about her giving up town TheG (somehow she town-read him from their chat, despite almost everyone thinking otherwise in the game, it was an easy lynch), but I'm fairly positive she's town. nin has picked it up recently.

If the top triangle dies, here's a backup one.

On the fence: Dusk, Ferret, Salva, Verelios

I could really go either way with these 4. Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed a subtle push towards Verelios today. Reminds me of the "I wanted to vote melon" from D2.

Scummy: Blarg, Fireblend, Stanley, Ynnek

I can't get a read on Blarg, which is getting more frustrating as the game goes on. Of course scum would leave town Blarg alone, but that also serves as a cover for scum Blarg. It's Day 4, I need to see some more from him.

I think Fireblend had some IRL stuff, but he seems to be coasting and passive. Also waiting to see more.

Stanley has a poor voting history and hasn't stood out. Same with Ynnek.

---

Okay after typing this up I'm a bit unsure about the groupings. I'll probably change this list later.

Sawneeks

Banned
With that being said:

UNVOTE: *Splinter

Sawneeks, ask me why

lol

Since you don't want to speak about the past then you're not going to explain your vote.

What I will ask is what do you plan to do for the rest of the Day? Who do you want to see lynched?

Although if you would explain your vote that would be great

nin1000

Banned
Okay.

Good post but somehow I expect that to be the last good post :(

Fireblend

Banned
Man, this game is frustrating. At this point I'm pretty much ready to lynch everyone to some degree. Between yesterday and today my top town reads have dipped; Splinter has been on every lynch and his defense of Salva as one of his top town reads is trash, and Sawneeks could potentially be lying about her convo with CM yesterday/last night. At this point I'd say I find Roy, Dusk and nin to be the ones I'd be opposed the most to lynching, in no particular order.

People I'd be willing to lynch: Ynnek, Salva, Blarg, Verelios, Sketch. Ynnek's votes (as I pointed out in the last page without anyone commenting on them) feel too cautious and he's been on 2 of the mislynches so far, Salva and Blarg are getting through this game by doing nothing of value, with Salva feeling scummier to me because at least Blarg seems invested in whatever far-removed-from-this-game goal he has; at this point I give him 60% chance of being neutral. Salva's indifference is apparently being town-read and that is alarming. Verelios strikes me as somewhat hollow in his reasoning for most of his posts; asking him to follow them up is usually met with hostility, and finally I'm not confident of Sketch's claim and if she has another double vote as scum that's pretty significant at this point in the game. I'd maybe include Splinter here too; might as well resort to the vote records if everyone's reads are meaningless, but at this point I'd condition his lynch on Salva's scum flip.

The fact that no one followed up my last post regarding Ynnek's votes is telling me at least someone's might have willingly ignored it. Yesterday was a great day to have him as a runner up if he was scum because it was almost guaranteed TGD or Sketch would be the one to go.

That said and as much as he feels like a good option, I'll vote:

Vote: Salva

I don't buy Splinter's or Stan's reasons for defending him. Most of my posts are met with pretty mindless deflections or are outright ignored, but I post "why Salva?" and 2 players jump to his defense with the sketchiest justification possible? Let's see who else wants to oppose that lynch.

Sawneeks

Banned
I had a thought and decided to take a look into it. I present The Three Ss. Stanley, Splinter, and Salva's final votes for each Day phases.

Day 1

more on subject.

vote: Bronx-Man

tell me more of your hatred of furries.

also, y'know, something about this mafia game would be nice to.

Was explained later by Stan that he did not intend for Bronx to be voted out with this vote. He was simply placing one down to have it there and as a prod vote but never felt like moving it before Day End ( which he was not here for ).

Sorry, flight was delayed, only just caught up.

I am too late though

VOTE: Bronx-Man

But you totally could have Double'd in this post instead of complaining about me

Initially voted for Bronx because, as I understand it, Splinter felt Bronx was getting really nervous over 'just one vote' and then added to it. ( Here ) presumably to see what would happen. He then jumped off the vote over to Melon and claimed that 'Bronx was just ok' and that 'Royal or Melon were more interesting'. ( Here ). Goes back to Bronx in the above vote because....?

Vote: No Lynch

I don't feel confident in anyone's scumminess yet, and my usual default votes (Blarg and splinter) feel townie to me so far.

Also I just want to piss townies off.

Fluff all Day ( can't forget that Sexy Reads List ) followed by a No Lynch vote because he did not know where to vote. Not necessarily alignment indicative but considering the amount he has done since then I don't like the precedent he set here of 'i'm just sort of here but whatever'.

Day 2

I've been busy but believe it or not I am following the game. You guys are boring.

Top Town
Sophia
Splinter
Stanley
Blarg

Top Scum
Verelios
Royal
Christina (Hunch)

I am leaving my vote now since by Day End I'll be asleep, most likely.

Vote: Verelios

I think Verelios was the one to call it out but this was a very #SafeReads list on Day 2. What I want to know Salva is why you voted for Verelios, who had 1 vote on him at the time, over Royal who had 3 votes.

I don't believe you ever followed up with this either..

Holy shit Flush, are you reading a different game to me?

I could just be misremembering in this point, but I don't remember anyone saying this? I'd say Ynnek has been getting the lion's share of the "blame".

I'll get to your Sophia defense in a minute, but fwiw I think Salva is a PR (and no I won't point out why I think that).

It is a non answer though. You are correct in saying there isn't going to be a convoluted reason for that unvote: there is no reason for that unvote whatsoever.

I love this bit, it looks so true (and technically is) but avoids mentioning the fact that it lasted for a whopping one post (796 to 797) and that those posts came in at almost exactly the same time. It also ignores the fact that if Sophia had voted melon that would be moving her vote off of Bronx (a 2 vote swing) AND she might have (should have) used her double.

Subtle

(This part is reasonable, if a bit absolutist about scum's motivations. That was a bad post by LP).

This is the part that really blew my mind. Literally noone is saying this, WW1 was only brought up as an example of a scum double vote existing. The fact that the scum double vote was Sophia would be nothing more than an amusing coincidence.

I haven't had time to read your Verelios case yet, but with this (and my gut feelings from yesterday) I'm feeling pretty confident about this vote:

VOTE: Royal_Flush

BONUS ROUND

I haven't really gotten around to melon yet today but yes I still think she is scum. I've also been suspicious of Blarg (I'm used to him not making sense but can usually tell he has opinions even if he won't share them, not getting that feeling this game). For a fun little exercise, try listing the interactions between Flush, melon and Blarg.

Hint:
tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

tl;dr Royal's defense of Sophia was Scummy and he made weird logical assumptions here and there that Splinter called out.

gahddanm weve posted a lot.

alrighty then. i cant guarantee i got everything, or really much of anything. (i only read through Day 2 posts since i didnt feeling like reading an entire novel tonight) but i do have more thought out thoughts now.

Verelios - dont know what i was feeling here. generally speaking i only see good contributions, actively chasing ideas, and some incredible patience in their kumite with Royal. i feeling Town.
Royal Flush -his arguments against Vere went from resonable agression so some straight feverdream excess real quick. cant quite nail down why but alot of the everything he says just doesnt quite sit right with me. call it a gut read but im really feeling scum.
Nin1000 - to put it simply, nin aint done shit. i dont see a single profound idea being shared, and a seeming disinterest in any kind of active play. unfortunately this is just like he played last game, where he was town, and i lynched him
mistakes were made
. naturally this leaves me feeling very conflicted, so i think i will postpone final judgement for now.
El Topo -was not a fan of his earlier play which left ill defined scummy vibes, and today not a lot to go on (due to understandable Rl stuff). but recent posts have had me feeling much better bout him. feeling maybe scum but maybe not so will watch closerly from now.

was also gona look at CM but lolduckthat its 2am

vote: Royal_Flush

g'night yall, try not to screw up completely.

A Reads List before bed and with a vote as well. I don't see, or feel, anything wrong with this post. +5 Town points.

Day 3

this has been my view/problem with this entire day phase.
its my opinions that the people in the game dont know shit about the games balance until it is explicitly told to them,
making calls on what we think we know is just asking for mistakes with nothing to show for them.

anyway.

THE WHEEL HAS SPOKEN

vote: Lone_Prodigy

(please note the the wheel only included players i am not against lynching)
(side effects may vary)

If the previous Day phase had a reasonable final vote it all fell apart here. Explained it here that he voted just because he had no idea what else to do or who else to vote for.

I should note he refuses to spend time on mechanics discussion in favor of actual Scum Hunting but I don't believe I ever saw any large push to Scum Hunt from him the previous Day phase ( where this vote took place ). All I saw was a lot of complaining about the lack of scum hunting, doublevoting to see what would happen, and then some opinions scattered here and there but no actual push towards his scum leanings.

Oh, well that's convenient.

VOTE: TheGoddamn

Don't turbo please, I'd like to double check Sophia's (and I guess Topo's) interactions with Darryl/TheG

Correct me if I'm wrong Splinter but I believe your final reasons for voting out TheG were due to your Scum Read on him plus his Roleblock PR? Or was it just the latter?

All right, I caught up, or at least I got the gist of it.

I know Splinter already tackled this one, but it really seems really obvious to me. This part in particular caught my attention.

But the dead pm clearly states that you can catch pokemon... and they keep their alignment, so its clear there should be scum pokemon or neutral pokemon, its just to be expected.

But then Why put so many eggs on this basket? I think he is trying to get town confused about the facts on purpose and at the same time voice how townie he is by saying he doesn't want more townies to die... hmm...

Vote: TheGoddamn

Weak flavor reasons as to why he voted for TheG because he believed he was simply spreading misinformation as Scum. No thoughts on his PR itself?

At the moment I think I would be fine with either Stan = Salva >> Splinter in terms of lynching. But I also want to take a look at a few more people and their votes before then.

Sawneeks

Banned
brb with some more votes feat. Dusk, Melon, and Blarg.

Man, this game is frustrating. At this point I'm pretty much ready to lynch everyone to some degree. Between yesterday and today my top town reads have dipped; Splinter has been on every lynch and his defense of Salva as one of his top town reads is trash, and Sawneeks could potentially be lying about her convo with CM yesterday/last night. At this point I'd say I find Roy, Dusk and nin to be the ones I'd be opposed the most to lynching, in no particular order.

Okay seriously, you're the 4th-ish person I have seen do the same 'well Saw might be lying but idk...' thing. If you have questions or any concerns then present them and just ask. This sort of passive 'man i don't know...' doesn't get people anywhere and is what's halting conversation.

If you have concerns, or a hunch, about someone then question them. Because a lot of times nobody else is going to do it for you and we all end up just sitting around for someone to make the first move. :/

Ok, Blarg why did you think Splinter wasn't the Vig earlier.

yo sketch who do you want lynched today?

do you think splinter is Town?

*Splinter

Correct me if I'm wrong Splinter but I believe your final reasons for voting out TheG were due to your Scum Read on him plus his Roleblock PR? Or was it just the latter?
It varied throughout the day, but in the last few hours I was rereading day 1 and Darryl was looking scummier and scummier, then CM came out in defense of GD and I thought everything was falling into place.

So by the end of the day it was a strong scum read, earlier it had also been removing a bad PR and ending the "superior win" influence (townies defending secret partners of unknown alignment = bad).

Also you misread my Bronx vote a bit. Initially I thought he overreacted to a single vote, turned out I was looking at an old vote count and actually had a few votes, so I invited. I did indeed think he was "ok, not great" (gut feeling) but in the last minute or so, purely to move us away from a tie.

Fireblend

Banned
Okay seriously, you're the 4th-ish person I have seen do the same 'well Saw might be lying but idk...' thing. If you have questions or any concerns then present them and just ask. This sort of passive 'man i don't know...' doesn't get people anywhere and is what's halting conversation.

If you have concerns, or a hunch, about someone then question them. Because a lot of times nobody else is going to do it for you and we all end up just sitting around for someone to make the first move. :/

I don't have any question for you. I'm just stating that you're in a very convenient position given that you're the only witness to your chat with CM, and since believing you're telling us everything from that convo requires more "faith" from me on top of believing you're town based on your contributions and activity, I don't trust my read as much now. I'm well aware that my concerns and your situation are not alignment-indicative, but that leap of faith got wider and trusting you is a bigger risk now, that's all. Do you think there's a question I'm not asking that could clear you from lying about CM's last statements and intentions?

*Splinter

Sketch's question reminded me of something:

Tell me, *S-rank, what are the odds of hitting a Bulletproof on N1?
Sooo I expect this will be taken with a pinch of salt until I flip, but I want to point it out now or it'll be missed.

I am bulletproof, I suspect I was targeted N1 (we are missing a death), and this post made me wonder if Blarg is signalling me somehow. I can't figure out why he would do that though, under any alignment.

There is also this post (you will have to click through to see the quote), which I think is implying Dusk knows about it? But again Blarg would have to know to make that implication, so... weird.

It made me question my scumread of Blarg, so I tried to signal back ("it depends who is bulletproof") but then he dropped it :/

*Splinter

I don't have any question for you. I'm just stating that you're in a very convenient position given that you're the only witness to your chat with CM, and since believing you're telling us everything from that convo requires more "faith" from me on top of believing you're town based on your contributions and activity, I don't trust my read as much now. I'm well aware that my concerns and your situation are not alignment-indicative, but that leap of faith got wider and trusting you is a bigger risk now, that's all. Do you think there's a question I'm not asking that could clear you from lying about CM's last statements and intentions?
I've been thinking about this a lot, but I decided it's just paranoia. For this to work as a plan from scum Sawneeks she would have to rely on a vig (or SK) to kill CM. If CM survived the night we get a thunderdome situation with CM being lynched followed by Sawneeks.

That's a lot of risk for someone that's already widely town read, and for very little gain (GD would probably be lynched anyway, didnt need an elaborate lie, same with CM).

Alternatively scum waste a kill on CM (one of the most guaranteed lynches in the game), again doesn't seem worth it.

So if I discount a chat I can't see, I'm back to townreading Sawneeks.

I'm incredibly suspicious of Splinter.

I'm wondering if Blarg is the Vig but he's also been spamming " Vig show yourself" at the start of the day.

He's correct that the vig coming forward would help us a lot.

Right now with 2 deaths per night, we can't even be sure who scum has targeted.

It makes it very hard for us to read much of anything from player flips since we're not really sure why certain players are being picked off.

Verelios

Sooo I expect this will be taken with a pinch of salt until I flip, but I want to point it out now or it'll be missed.

I am bulletproof, I suspect I was targeted N1 (we are missing a death), and this post made me wonder if Blarg is signalling me somehow. I can't figure out why he would do that though, under any alignment.

There is also this post (you will have to click through to see the quote), which I think is implying Dusk knows about it? But again Blarg would have to know to make that implication, so... weird.

It made me question my scumread of Blarg, so I tried to signal back ("it depends who is bulletproof") but then he dropped it :/
Okay. Splinter, mate, you do know I'm pinching the largest piece of salt in the world right now with you claiming Bulletproof, so that's good. Just wondering what Blarg would gain from indirectly sounding you out, unless he was vig and tried to shoot, but this is Blarg. I'm not sure I want to believe he had some far-reaching end goal because that would make his play these days just odd.

*Splinter

Okay. Splinter, mate, you do know I'm pinching the largest piece of salt in the world right now with you claiming Bulletproof, so that's good. Just wondering what Blarg would gain from indirectly sounding you out, unless he was vig and tried to shoot, but this is Blarg. I'm not sure I want to believe he had some far-reaching end goal because that would make his play these days just odd.
When he first did it, I thought he was the vig signalling me. The way he backed off confuses me though. Like he decided it was a bad idea?

roytheone

Splinter, why did you decide to claim your bulletproof since that makes it a whole lot less useful? Do you think explaining your blarg theory was worth that?

*Splinter

Splinter, why did you decide to claim your bulletproof since that makes it a whole lot less useful? Do you think explaining your blarg theory was worth that?
Since I haven't specified x-shot etc, yes I think it's fine.

I'm also being town-read more than most, at 2 NKs per night I doubt I'll be around much longer (unless I keep being wrong, I guess).

Top Bottom