• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";220187352]Bradley Yoo is a guy I've beaten at every pptq we both went to in norcal. He's currently 4-0 at the pro tour. No, I'm not salty.

...:([/QUOTE]
I'm 2-0 against Owen!

Is Raphael running Prized Amalgam without black?

EDIT: Harnessed Lightning for 4. I keep forgetting it can use energy from other sources.

EDIT: Two Sactums of Ugin and no other lands? Why would you keep that hand?

EDIT: That Advanced Stitchwing. That Torrential Gearhulk in response.

y2dvd

Running Saffron Olive's Temur Summonings deck and I absolutely ran through RW Vehicles and Grixis Control so far. Deck seems pretty legit. I have a Tireless Tracker in there though to help get me to 6 artifacts faster to activate Metallurgic's ability.

That Niblis of Frost did work. It should have been destroyed when he had the chance.

EDIT: This Deck Tech skit is unexpected.
Dynavolt Tower + Consulate Surveillance + Fevered Visions is definitely an unusual deck.

EDIT: Crumbling Vestige?!

EDIT: Saying he was going 3-2 didn't actually say much about how well the deck is doing.

Kibler 4-1 impressive for someone basically retired.
EDIT: Saying he was going 3-2 didn't actually say much about how well the deck is doing.
I hate how they don't specify the record by format.

Also hilarious that Reid "force UB" Duke is playing aggro really speaks for the format for the guy who tries to play control at every chance to be on a deck as hyperagressive.

Glad I have 5 Aetherworks already.

OnPoint

I bought Marvels and Torrential Gearhulks during preorders due to this thread.

Thanks guys :)

Listen to the knowledgable people in here guys -- they are right more often than not.

Yeef

I'm curious to see how close the Jeskai control lists are to mine, since mine was just slapped together a night before a tournament.

Just for funzies I calculated the likeliness of whiffing with glint nest crane with 12 artifacts in the deck. For convenience sake I assumed he'd draw 1.8 artifacts in the top 9 cards of his deck (earliest moment he can cast GNC) so two percentages depending on whether there are 11 or 10 artifacts left in the deck by the time GNC resolves.
On the play
11 left: 36.57%
10 left: 40.52%
On the draw (average artifacts drawn by then is 2)
10 left:39.6%

Damn, Torrential Gearhulk -> Unlicensed Disintegration is a beating.

Also, they keep mispronouncing Wandering Fumarole as Wandering Funeral, which is pretty fitting.

EDIT: Contingency Plan is definitely something I didn't expect to see play.

Ashodin

Also, they keep mispronouncing Wandering Fumarole as Wandering Funeral, which is pretty fitting.

Really? I would think it's essential to a delirium strat.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Makes sense though. The entire point of the deck is to get the Marvel and when you can potentially guarantee to hit a giant Eldrazi as well, boom.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
5-0 at super ultra competitive FNM (lol) with RG Aetherworks. Chandra was awesome.

I almost punted the last game by not doing math on the combat on board.

ironmang

ironmang IIRC, supposedly brewed a UW control list. Can't find him on the standings though.

Got it deferred to PT Dublin so I'll be going there. Works out since local testing was pretty much non existent despite everybody saying they'd be up for playtesting when I q'd. Wasn't able to test either for 6/7 days beforehand this time around even if I did have a test group. Going to try getting a cockatrice playtesting group together before Dublin and planning on spending a weekend at a buddy's house in Richmond doing drafts with local grinders and PT regulars. Much more excited for the location as well.

UW wasn't quite there but obviously there's something if a lot of people decided Torrential Gearhulk and Glimmer of Genius was what they wanted to spend their weekend doing. Probably would have at least tried red since Radiant Flames is just much better than Fumigate in these aggro matchups when you can easily clear out Selfless Spirit with cheap red removal that all hits it.

With Day 1 over, I think we have a good mix of interesting decks, and I also get the feeling that compared to previous Pro Tours, what we see here won't define the direction of the format quite as much. That is to say, while we'll certainly continue seeing Smuggler's Copter and Aetherwork Marvel, it seems like there are other viable decks that still need to be discovered or tuned.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm a little shocked that Marvel didn't spike until now. Even I was brewing with it before the set came out and lots of random players I saw were on the same thing. It isn't Mana intensive and lots of the energy cards are independently good cards, e.g. Aetherworks Hub and Servant of the Conduit.

Angry Grimace

Also I played a dude on Burn and I played three straight life gain puzzleknots. He didn't seem pleased.

MoxManiac

Man, I wanted to play in Game Day next weekend but these price spikes due to the pro tour are kinda depressing. I don't know what I'd build that doesn't cost a fortune now.

Wichu

So I drafted Kaladesh at FNM yesterday. Pack 1 had Demon of Dark Schemes, P2 had foil Lost Legacy, P3 had Combustible Gearhulk. I got passed Aetherworks Marvel as well.

Unfortunately I got run over by Longtusk Cub + removal in the final round, but it was fun as hell to play. Favourite play: using the mana generated by Aetherworks Marvel to immediately activate Demon of Dark Schemes reanimating Combustible Gearhulk.

And I got a Cataclysmic Gearhulk from my prize pack, too. #mythicmagnet

Classic Magic Duels: Daily Quest of "Get 30 Energy Counters in Ranked Games".

Text should read, "Gain Energy 30 Times in Ranked Games."

Or it's a bug. If you were gain 100 Energy in a game, it only matters how many times you actually gained energy, not the total amount.

Either way, it really isn't hard to test these. Not sure why I am even a tiny bit surprised.

PS: GO REID!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom