• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejected Pixar Movie [Mafia] | Won't Someone Think of the Children?

Sorian

Banned
So how long until the remaster?

latest

Kyanrute

oh and pop is the 3rd with the traditional imma vote my scum meanie partner on day opening for them #townpoints -move

solved

nin1000

Banned
It's true, how can I fake reads if no one gives me anything to work with?

Ok take this.

I think Sorian is scum because he behaves really weird. No 300 word posts or 6 posts per hour. Just pure silence. I guess that can only mean that he is in a posirion where he does not HAVE to post at all since no one will come for him and kill him.

Ok take this.

I think Sorian is scum because he behaves really weird. No 300 word posts or 6 posts per hour. Just pure silence. I guess that can only mean that he is in a posirion where he does not HAVE to post at all since no one will come for him and kill him.

wait what?

im assuming by this you are implying that he is scum, but if he was scum why would anyone come to kill him?

also you got a weird definition of pure silence.

oh yeah, Kyan voted no-lynch.

am surprised no one has jumped down down his throat about it.

are peoples here okay with a no lynch, or do we just know that its never going to happen and dont feel like directly crushing his dreams?

nin1000

Banned
wait what?

im assuming by this you are implying that he is scum, but if he was scum why would anyone come to kill him?

also you got a weird definition of pure silence.

Yep i meant that he is Scum. Therefore no need to poat that much.

We are Talking about sorian mate. The little he has posted is pure silence .

nin1000

Banned
are peoples here okay with a no lynch, or do we just know that its never going to happen and dont feel like directly crushing his dreams?
I am ok with it . since saying you are ok with it will usually get some attention.

That is a funny thing though, that no one tried to shut him down that is.

Sorian

Banned
Ok take this.

I work 12 hour shifts from 6pm to 6am on Monday through Wednesday nights. We already went through this in my last game. Good try though.

Sorian

Banned
oh yeah, Kyan voted no-lynch.

am surprised no one has jumped down down his throat about it.

His whole post was biting satire, while I'm surprised that no one took the bait, it was just that, bait.

Sorian

Banned
ill let u know i was verily serious

only friendship and hugs here

Verily. Not digging that my only real suspicions are on Gorlak and Karl for both slanking in their own ways. This group is all sarcasm all the time which allows for easy hiding early on. That said, I'm going to sleep, I'll be back later.

Kyanrute

but yeaaaaah it was mostly bait apart from the hidden thing in it that i shall reveal when something happens

so now that you know it

you can comment on it!

but oh noes is it scummy to comment on it now if i did not comment on it or is it scummy to comment on it in the 1st place or perhaps the scums would just ignore it completely.

weird.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok take this.

Congrats Sorian. You just got confirmed Town!

Pardon. Just woke up, y'all.

Verily. Not digging that my only real suspicions are on Gorlak and Karl for both slanking in their own ways. This group is all sarcasm all the time which allows for easy hiding early on. That said[, I'm going to sleep, I'll be back later.

You noticed that too, huh?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on kyan's first post.

Vote: Kawl_USC

Kyan's post is either the best ever or the dumbest. If he is scum it was dumb because it flashes neon signs in his direction literally 2 minutes into the game. (Or he is taking advantage of the fact no one takes the first post that seriously.) If he is town the move is brilliant because it casts the right amount of suspicion on him, assuming someone else mergers far more suspicious, and always he to avoid lynch today but be a candidate for D2. Meaning that scum will probably leave him alone to be lynch fodder another day.

Because he bothered to write all that out in advance means he wanted to play mind games from the start...

He is suspicious to me, Ouro. But not the most suspicious.

I am ok with it . since saying you are ok with it will usually get some attention.

That is a funny thing though, that no one tried to shut him down that is.

He said it would be educational and preserve our PRs. And also claimed-not-quite-yet-neutral but-soon-to-be-neutral? But wanting friends? And all this hugs shit...

Fuck.

Are you Randy Newman, Kyan?

Kyanrute

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on kyan's first post.

Vote: Kawl_USC

I found Kyan's opening rather intriguing. Yet some details are missing from it in my opinion and the missing parts dampen the overall quality of the post.

The metacommentary is superb. In true KyanTM fashion, he opens up with a post that can be read in multiple ways. What sets this very post apart from his other masterpieces is the length of the post. Looking back, Kyan has never opened with such a lengthy post before, suggesting a change in... something. Though as for now, it is impossible to tell if the change is real or fabricated. Sorian offers an possible explanation in one of the few posts that touch on Kyan's opening: perhaps Kyan was looking to fill a hole left by Sorian. Knowing that Kyan in the past has done this kind of open jokes with his scummates, I would not be surprised by a Kyan-Sorian-other -scumteam.

In the post itself, Kyan touches on many of the common day one topics, ranging from claiming to no lynching. In a world without sarcasm, the latter especially could be seen as a very daring move, considering Kyan's past anti-no lynch stance. Like a true master of saying nothing with multiple words, Kyan also obfuscates the crowd by claiming all the possible alignments, though some of the alignments are only hinted at. He can, he must be viewed as both a friend and an enemy. A frenemy.

My personal issue with the post is the same great flaw from which Kyan suffers from. Conservatism. Kyan is known from his somewhat conservative, restricted and safe playstyle. While others might be more receptive to new and outrageous Blargoplans, such enthusiasm can not be expected from Kyan. The same idea applies to his opening post. The post reeks of age, as it does not comment on such fresh matters as peeking. This particular topic is one from which great discussion can be derived from and by overlooking it completely, Kyan exposes himself as a old man. Running the world. While the post could be overall considered a brilliant one, the lack of certain topics leaves a sour taste after one finishes reading the post.

The post also suffers from some minor errors; Ourobulussus in his quaint response to Kyan perfectly illustrates how the period after the word hi was completely unnecessary to the general tone Kyan wished to send with the end of his post. I'd give the post five carrots out of three strawberries.

Kyanrute

He said it would be educational and preserve our PRs. And also claimed-not-quite-yet-neutral but-soon-to-be-neutral? But wanting friends? And all this hugs shit...

Fuck.

Are you Randy Newman, Kyan?

Hugs shit? :(

why you want no hugs am sad :( melon must be SCUM

am not Nandy Rewman, am Kyan

I found Kyan's opening rather intriguing. Yet some details are missing from it in my opinion and the missing parts dampen the overall quality of the post.

The metacommentary is superb. In true KyanTM fashion, he opens up with a post that can be read in multiple ways. What sets this very post apart from his other masterpieces is the length of the post. Looking back, Kyan has never opened with such a lengthy post before, suggesting a change in... something. Though as for now, it is impossible to tell if the change is real or fabricated. Sorian offers an possible explanation in one of the few posts that touch on Kyan's opening: perhaps Kyan was looking to fill a hole left by Sorian. Knowing that Kyan in the past has done this kind of open jokes with his scummates, I would not be surprised by a Kyan-Sorian-other -scumteam.

In the post itself, Kyan touches on many of the common day one topics, ranging from claiming to no lynching. In a world without sarcasm, the latter especially could be seen as a very daring move, considering Kyan's past anti-no lynch stance. Like a true master of saying nothing with multiple words, Kyan also obfuscates the crowd by claiming all the possible alignments, though some of the alignments are only hinted at. He can, he must be viewed as both a friend and an enemy. A frenemy.

My personal issue with the post is the same great flaw from which Kyan suffers from. Conservatism. Kyan is known from his somewhat conservative, restricted and safe playstyle. While others might be more receptive to new and outrageous Blargoplans, such enthusiasm can not be expected from Kyan. The same idea applies to his opening post. The post reeks of age, as it does not comment on such fresh matters as peeking. This particular topic is one from which great discussion can be derived from and by overlooking it completely, Kyan exposes himself as a old man. Running the world. While the post could be overall considered a brilliant one, the lack of certain topics leaves a sour taste after one finishes reading the post.

The post also suffers from some minor errors; Ourobulussus in his quaint response to Kyan perfectly illustrates how the period after the word hi was completely unnecessary to the general tone Kyan wished to send with the end of his post. I'd give the post five carrots out of three strawberries.

Huh, you're weirding me out.

VOTE: Kyanrute

CzarTim

I *highly* suggest all players have more posts than cabot, who is not in this game, by the end of the day phase.

Day 1 votes

no lynch (0)
kyanrute 34 (132)

sorian (2)
pop-o-matic 36
melonrabbit 67

exmachina64 (2)
lone_prodigy 37
nin1000 62 (122)
kyanrute 132

ooruboloulous (1)
crab 39

ourobolus (1)
exmachina64 44 (77)
nin1000 122

lone_prodigy (0)
sorian 46 (60)

nin1000 (0)
ourobolus 54 (61)

gorlak (1)
sorian 60
ourobolus 61 (120)

stanleypalmtree (0)
exmachina64 77 (131)

kawl_usc (1)
ourobolus 120

kyanrute (1)
exmachina64 131

ora_1481140800.png

Ourobolus

Banned
So we're cool with nin, melon, and Sorian, barring Kawl coming in and saying something stupid?

Though I suppose it's possible for there to be only two scum + neutral.

nin1000

Banned
So we're cool with nin, melon, and Sorian, barring Kawl coming in and saying something stupid?

for now we are cool with it since i would much rather hear from those that did not really come into the spotlight up to this point.

What stupid thing did I stupidly say this time? Also, can I add that I'm the only other person beside Kyan do address your post about thoughts on Kyan's post. And y'know actually playing the game on D1. But we could talk about other things I suppose...

Maybe the weather, politics.

Up to you, Ouro.

Ourobolus

Banned
What stupid thing did I stupidly say this time? Also, can I add that I'm the only other person beside Kyan do address your post about thoughts on Kyan's post. And y'know actually playing the game on D1. But we could talk about other things I suppose...

Maybe the weather, politics.

Up to you, Ouro.

That didn't come off right. I was specifically predicting Kawl to come in and say something stupid. Not you three.

I'm sure say something stupid shortly. So it will be relevant all the same. But that how the melon crumbles, I guess.

Yes. Where is Kawl?

Ouro why did you ignore nin's vote on you for want of your own thoughts on kyan (which you never posted), then put a vote on nin in return but are somehow also cool with him?

Also nin, why has your attention switched to exmachina and kyan when you never received a reply from Ouro?

nin1000

Banned
Ouro why did you ignore nin's vote on you for want of your own thoughts on kyan (which you never posted), then put a vote on nin in return but are somehow also cool with him?

Also nin, why has your attention switched to exmachina and kyan when you never received a reply from Ouro?

my vote for exmachina was palced because i dont know him. wanted to see him react to a pretty useles vote.

Kyan came of as off but i did not really put any attention to it in hinsight.

I voted for Ouro since he wanted to hear everyones vote for kyans first post.
Since he still did not directly reply to me my vote is still on him.

hope that made my thought process a bit more "understandable" to you melon :)

Ourobolus

Banned

because it's nin

Top Bottom