• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

franconp

If I was lying, and 11037 really was the only scum left... what would be my motive to do that, if I get vaccinated? To lie just to screw with your team?

This is mafia. Anything can happen. Melon betrayed us so let me be a little paranoic here.

Fair, but if we want to reach a compromise we need to have some sort of trust in each other.

That means if you trust us this Day Phase we will trust you and and help you kill Melon.

If not you're not getting her a lynch this Day Phase.

...if that's the case why did you never check her? Fran said he thought about it but shouldn't that have been a top priority for you guys?

That was stupid of me. At first I didn't thought the mole could be in our chat. It made more sense to be someone out of it. The thing with Acohrs made me doubt and I went a bit after her but then I didn't made the call. My bad.

Burbeting

Banned
This is mafia. Anything can happen. Melon betrayed us so let me be a little paranoic here.

Me lying about it would be very stupid as a member of mafia, though. Town is most likely going to lynch 11037 before the person I know is infected, even if I claim. So what would I get from it? I guess as mafia I could try to pursue town to lynch the person I named first, but I'm not going to do that. I'm good with 11037 getting lynched first.

franconp

So why do you need her 100% lynched today, and not night killed by acohrs?

Because I have to trust you that 11037 is not the only infected left and all of you won't lynch him tonight.

That's why I want to hammer Melon. That way I make sure that we won't lose the game this day.

Kalor

Because I have to trust you that 11037 is not the only infected left and all of you won't lynch him tonight.

That's why I want to hammer Melon. That way I make sure that we won't lose the game this day.

But then town loses so they have no incentive to help you.

Sawneeks

Banned
What lies. She said she had a passcard. It made sense as it was the way to win the game. Now I don't think she has one and was only lying from the start.

Clarify the bolded please.

So you believe she never had one to start with?

Me lying about it would be very stupid as a member of mafia, though. Town is most likely going to lynch 11037 before the person I know is infected, even if I claim. So what would I get from it? I guess as mafia I could try to pursue town to lynch the person I named first, but I'm not going to do that. I'm good with 11037 getting lynched first.

Uhm? I thought the person you know was the one who infected you and not the other way around?

You've stated multiple times if you lynch/kill the Mole then you 3 win and leave the game.

So you wouldn't be able to cure anyone tomorrow because you wouldn't be playing any longer.

We aren't lynching Melon.

franconp

But then town loses so they have no incentive to help you.

Why town lose? If I cure burb before I go you will have 2 infected and you will know who they are (11037 and burb's one). And you will also have a vaccine as one of us got his card stolen. You will be in a very good condition to win the game.

Burbeting

Banned
Uhm? I thought the person you know was the one who infected you and not the other way around?

Yeah, that's right. I wrote that sentence badly, it's 2.10AM in Finland. The sentence is meant to read "I'm happy with town lynching 11037 before the person who infected me".

Burbeting

Banned
Why town lose? If I cure burb before I go you will have 2 infected and you will know who they are (11037 and burb's one). And you will also have a vaccine as one of us got his card stolen. You will be in a very good condition to win the game.

The infected team will night kill me before I can share my info, especially if you hammer and cure me at the same time. Because I won't tell before I'm vaccinated, obviously.

franconp

Clarify the bolded please.

So you believe she never had one to start with?

You've stated multiple times if you lynch/kill the Mole then you 3 win and leave the game.

So you wouldn't be able to cure anyone tomorrow because you wouldn't be playing any longer.

We aren't lynching Melon.

It's the same as the other faction. We leave the game. They used our passcard to escape. The game will go on but 2 of us will be gone. The one who got his card stolen will be left. And I know for sure that they didn't stole me.

Also Acohrs isn't the Serial Killer. I am. I said it before.

Burbeting

Banned
Burb.

You should tell us who infected you originally.

There's no reason not to.

If I'm not vaccinated, then I basically screw over myself by claiming it. For example, if the vaccine doesn't work due to your party lying about it, or if you decide to not vaccine me anyway. So I want to change the team first, to make sure the vaccine actually works.

Sawneeks

Banned

Yes, but you're asking us to believe that your cure will work. According to Melon you can't cure outside your group so I'd rather test to see if Burb is actually cured before helping you out.

And since we don't see the meter update until Day End I'm not willing to lynch Melon now on the chance you may be lying.

It's the same as the other faction. We leave the game. They used our passcard to escape. The game will go on but 2 of us will be gone. The one who got his card stolen will be left. And I know for sure that they didn't stole me.

What's Acohrs?

Yes, but you're asking us to believe that your cure will work. According to Melon you can't cure outside your group so I'd rather test to see if Burb is actually cured before helping you out.

And since we don't see the meter update until Day End I'm not willing to lynch Melon now on the chance you may be lying.

What's Acohrs?

Fran's backup. Head of Security.

Ourobolus

Banned
I need someone to clarify the whole melon/mole/chat thing for me. Here's how I understand it:

Melon/Achors/Doggo/Fran all have a separate chat.
Stated win condition (assumedly for Fran/Achors/Doggo) is to find the mole.
Melon is already a part of the chat, yet somehow decided to counterclaim Doggo.
If Fran thought the mole was outside of the chat, what is the possible reason for melon to do this?

Verelios

I'm of two minds here. One, you are the SK and well, good luck on your escape. Two, you're trying to redirect Night actions for the actual SK. Either way, whatever, if everyone can win, neutrals and all, then hurray.

But I'm not going along with anything before I have proof you can vaccinate outside your team. Sign me up for team #lynch 110.

franconp

I need someone to clarify the whole melon/mole/chat thing for me. Here's how I understand it:

Melon/Achors/Doggo/Fran all have a separate chat.
Stated win condition (assumedly for Fran/Achors/Doggo) is to find the mole.
Melon is already a part of the chat, yet somehow decided to counterclaim Doggo.
If Fran thought the mole was outside of the chat, what is the possible reason for melon to do this?

That's the question. She didn't need to. So why did she do it?

How did you find out one was stolen them?

Because it was the escaped faction objetive. If nobody else has a passcard it has to be one of us.

I'm of two minds here. One, you are the SK and well, good luck on your escape. Two, you're trying to redirect Night actions for the actual SK. Either way, whatever, if everyone can win, neutrals and all, then hurray.

But I'm not going along with anything before I have proof you can vaccinate outside your team. Sign me up for team #lynch 110.

We can. We had 6 vaccines, 5 now. Would it make sense that amount for only 4 players.

Sawneeks

Banned
They say that achors is their vig. If they can't shoot melon, then they have to lynch her. So let's put the pressure on them. Either they cure Burb, or we kill their vig.

They say Fran is their vig.

:p

Also we have a growing Scum problem to deal with.

Sorry Ouro, gonna veto that one. They can't out-vote us anyway so if they want Melon dead then they have to work with us.

Ourobolus

Banned

Sorry Ouro, gonna veto that one. They can't out-vote us anyway so if they want Melon dead then they have to work with us.

I get that. I would prefer it if more people are around tomorrow so there's a smaller pool of infected vs town

Sawneeks

Banned
We can. We had 6 vaccines, 5 now. Would it make sense that amount for only 4 players.

Not okay. We lose if we don't acomplish our objetive before all the infected are out.

You could get an infected cured today and a vaccine tomorrow. That's my offer. If not we can just wait.

Also we all have vaccines. 5 total.

Technically 4 now.

You guys contradict each other a lot. :x

Burbeting

Banned

If we assume melon is the mole and the Fran party is able to win N3, then we are looking at 4-5 exits N3 (melon, team fran (minus one person due to key cards? I'm not sure how that works), whoever araxoids infect).

Kalor

The best scenario for everyone (except scum) is this, as Burb suggested earlier.

1. cure Burb.
2. lynch either of the two other scum.
3. Melon gets night-killed.
4. The remaining nonpassport holder cures whoever gets infected tonight and we kill the last scum.

Sawneeks

Banned
I get that. I would prefer it if more people are around tomorrow so there's a smaller pool of infected vs town

I agree, which is why I think even though it would be fun to hold Acohrs over a cliff so they do help us it's much more beneficial right now to kill those who are Infected.

Worse case scenario they kill Melon tonight and leave. Oh well.

Burbeting

Banned
I mean, we could lynch the person I claim, and not 11037. Lynching that person would verify my claim, and Team Fran would be sure they won't lose today.

Sawneeks

Banned
The one thing that keeps bothering me is why is Melon doing this.

It makes no sense, especially if she is the Mole.

There's a piece missing here.

Kalor

The one thing that keeps bothering me is why is Melon doing this.

It makes no sense, especially if she is the Mole.

There's a piece missing here.

Maybe she has to undermine the group in some way. That would at least fit in with the idea of a mole.

Top Bottom