• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Fat4all

Banned
*COMPLETE HISTORY OF DOGGO, ABRIDGED*

dJaybIs.jpg

DAY ONE

This all begins on day one with me (of course). I'm a cool pupper who looks dashing in a white coat. I'm the personal assistant to fran, the President of Lakeshore Pharma. Fran, acohrs, Seath(originally), and myself are all on the Board of Investors. We gotta kind the Mole and break their bones fairly quickly.

Fran & acohrs do kills or defending stuff with the President roll, I aquire peoples files, and we assumed that Seath was just part of our faction but without abilities or whatever. We had to assume this because Seath didn't talk in our chat at all and eventually dropped out well late into us discussing other things. Then Melon plopped down, swapping in for Seath. All Melon told us was that they had a pass card and no other abilities. We like "sure fam, we got yo back" and we continued debating the Director position, if one of us should go for it, etc. We decided to use the hit command on Burb, just because Ouro's though they was acting weird or was playing under the radar. POOF, no kill.

Then I got got. Infected. SOILED.

DAY TWO

Day two I was out of the group chat, and a bit bummed because I had my first batch of files to deliver to them. Also, I knew who infected me but I kept it on the D/L because there was a chance that they were the only infected and we needed at least one of those slimmers around if we wanted to catch the Mole.

Fran injects me, and it's time to make up a role! Technically, it wasn't "made-up", just altered. We had to play off of each other because of me losing access to the chat, and I went along with it. We decided to go after Kark for two reasons; Because they mentioned the vaccine and might be the Mole, and because it was likely there was only one infected after I was cured. I knew it was 11, but I'm pretty sure fran knew that Kark wasn't scum. We couldn't go after scum, though. Nah son, we need that Mole.

This is the first time I see Melon acting a bit weird, but I don't really put much weight on it because I'm out of chat. I thought for sure they were just trying to keep a bit of space between us. Being back in chat last night, they had some small justifications for them, so again, I paid Melon no mind.

Then, day three happened.

DAY THREE, AKA RIGHT NOW, AKA WHAT THE FUCK

So right off the bat, Melon starts digging into me with a ferocity I've only seen in wolves, immediately trying to undermined the claim fran and I made on day two, as well as threatening to bring up my files and use them against me. No justification for doing to in our chat.

This was a sudden impact, and I knew that if all of us didn't fully claim before they could get a movement going, we'd be screwed. I popped my list, and gave as many deets as possible. I knew that if I didn't, Melon would just try to find stuff I left out and use them against me to say it was a sham.

So, we have the File list:

OUROBOLUS
Lab Technician
Hired 2008

SAWNEEKS
Lab Technician
Hired 2014

EXMACHINA64
Lab Technician
Hired 2011

KAWL_USC
Lab Technician
Hired 2010

BURBETING
Lab Technician
Hired 2013

SWAMPED
Lab Technician
Hired 2014

I can look up the files of up to three people a night.

Now, the question becomes what caused Melon to make such a drastic shift in their playing? My guess is that they lost their opportunity at a Mole victory, either due to their goal being to find evidence of the fugitives we did experiments on, or through the loss of their pass card. With no other options and fighting a losing battle, they decided to out us all instead, hoping the chaos would cause us to be taken down as well. Or maybe that's part of their victory condition? Who knows (well, Melon would I guess).

(fun fact, none of us in our chat knew anything about the fugitives, so that was quite the shock)

Looking back to an hour ago when I started writing this, I dunno why I did. I guess just to get my perspective down a bit.

---

Also, yes, fran PMs Dusk questions a lot.

Sawneeks

Banned
Eh, I'm going to go to bed. I still want to hear from a couple people who haven't really commented on how they view/feel about the whole situation yet.

11 and Acohrs are the main ones, but I still want to hear from Swamped, Kawl, and Gryvan.

plz no turbo

Fat4all

Banned
I was the one that brought up Burb towards the end of Day 1

ouro stealing my thunder smh

oops, i pushed both those conversations together in my mind.

sorry, chaps.

How did you pick your targets? For instance, why Swamped over Natiko and stuff like that?

We decided to target two fairly active posters and one non-active poster each night to cover both bases a bit. It was mostly acohrs and fran debating exactly who, while I swooped in at the end to do their bidding.

I'm going to level with you guys. The reason I've been so aloof since the outbreak is the same reason I was aloof with you before the outbreak -- I hate you all.

I got this job right out of grad school. I thought I had finally made it. I was the right track for success, I had made my parents proud and I could settle into stability.

Fast forward six years later. I'm in this dead-end job I hate and I still don't know any of your names. That's right, we may nod at each other in the hall or make small talk, but I don't know who any of you people are.

And now I'm probably going to die with you in the middle of an araxia outbreak.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the lab.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm going to level with you guys. The reason I've been so aloof since the outbreak is the same reason I was aloof with you before the outbreak -- I hate you all.

I got this job right out of grad school. I thought I had finally made it. I was the right track for success, I had made my parents proud and I could settle into stability.

Fast forward six years later. I'm in this dead-end job I hate and I still don't know any of your names. That's right, we may nod at each other in the hall or make small talk, but I don't know who any of you people are.

And now I'm probably going to die with you in the middle of an araxia outbreak.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the lab.

tumblr_nuxibadka51urz3l2o1_500.gif

Fat4all

Banned
Someone besides Fran should do one of the injections.

The way the wording on the vaccines makes it better if me and acohrs keep hold of our, now that I think about it.

To paraphrase, If I am "attacked" at night, my vaccine will automatically be used, stopping the attack, as well as curing the infected who tried to attack me.

I assumed at first that this meant it would work if I was targeted for a night kill from infected as well as if someone targets me for infection, but I got infected without mine being used, so there you go.

It would be better for fran to use one of theirs.

acohrs

OK, I guess it's time to play the claim game. I am FranConp's personal bodyguard and belong to the board faction. My ability is to either hit someone after Fran writes the command HIT: in our chat, or if Fran doesn't command a hit, I protect him from attack that night phase.

This has been my hit list so far:

N1: Burb - didn't like how quiet Burb had been in the game so far, and noticing others were uncomfortable with his play too, decided to hit him. Obviously didn't work so we deduced that Burb was infected

N2: No hit - after Fran's claim yesterday, Fran was worried about an attack against him at night so he decided not to hit him.

In response to Zippety zipper, I asked Fat4All that question yesterday as I was worried like the other boardmembers that he had been infected. Fran and I were panicking a bit, so despite discussing a bit of strategy in our chat, he made his post and I did too in panic.

Now, an observation of mine. Natiko was hit yesterday, not infected. Is there a SK or other neutral faction in this game or can level 2 scum nightkill too as well as infect?

Also, other observation, we don't know whose passcard was taken last night.

franconp

The way the wording on the vaccines makes it better if me and acohrs keep hold of our, now that I think about it.

To paraphrase, If I am "attacked" at night, my vaccine will automatically be used, stopping the attack, as well as curing the infected who tried to attack me.

I assumed at first that this meant it would work if I was targeted for a night kill from infected as well as if someone targets me for infection, but I got infected without mine being used, so there you go.

It would be better for fran to use one of theirs.

You know that you don't need to say everything, right?

That is one of the things that was best to kept to yourself.

Fat4all

Banned
You know that you don't need to say everything, right?

That is one of the things that was best to kept to yourself.

Why not? I'd rather the scum that's left by the end of the day knows we are protected.

We wouldn't want town to win too early, after all.

Fat4all

Banned
No. If Melon it's truly the mole I will be gone. Either fat4all or acohrs lost his passcard so he can't leave the game.

I still have my pass card. Our roles would of been updated if it had, or at the very least we would of been notified of it being taken (my role was updated twice because I was infected). It seems like acohrs still has theirs as well.

I think it's entirely possible that Melon had a pass card as well, being the President's Wife, and would be able to escape after completing their mission as the Mole.

I believe Melon's pass card was the one that was stolen.

Fat4all

Banned
Any infected out there, know this:

We are board members not to be trifled with!

You might have a vicious infection and a passion for murder, but we...

We have suits, and in a suit you can conquer planets!!!

tumblr_lm4kf3s9rN1qkodk4o1_500.jpg

Kawl_USC

Is any one actually believing any of this bull shit we are being fed?

We are dropping like flies and the end game is quickly approaching. We don't have time to waste being lead around by the nose by these obvious gambits here.

You expect me to believe that burb who's played dozens of mafia games is explicitly playing against his win con in hopes that it changes later? No fucking way. I don't know what his business is, but I wouldn't put it past this game to have a lyncher role. We've already seen that the Araxometer isn't a straight up 1 to 1, so all he has to hope is that enough people believe him after he soaks an inject to drive the lynch tomorrow, and hand wave away the number not going down.

And the masons, I mean board, I mean cop doctor self doctor board members, are you out of your mind? In what way are we going to play ball with these people. It's clear they don't have towns best interest in mind. I can't even begin to fathom what is actually going on, but in no way will I allow our main tool on this game to be held hostage by a third party.

And frankly I'm suspect of any one who seems to believe this drivel.

Kawl_USC

And apologies for being mia the past 12 hours, had a guest come over right after work who stayed much longer than expected.

And then came back to this dumpster fire.

What a mess.

Ourobolus

Banned
Is any one actually believing any of this bull shit we are being fed?

We are dropping like flies and the end game is quickly approaching. We don't have time to waste being lead around by the nose by these obvious gambits here.

You expect me to believe that burb who's played dozens of mafia games is explicitly playing against his win con in hopes that it changes later? No fucking way. I don't know what his business is, but I wouldn't put it past this game to have a lyncher role. We've already seen that the Araxometer isn't a straight up 1 to 1, so all he has to hope is that enough people believe him after he soaks an inject to drive the lynch tomorrow, and hand wave away the number not going down.

And the masons, I mean board, I mean cop doctor self doctor board members, are you out of your mind? In what way are we going to play ball with these people. It's clear they don't have towns best interest in mind. I can't even begin to fathom what is actually going on, but in no way will I allow our main tool on this game to be held hostage by a third party.

And frankly I'm suspect of any one who seems to believe this drivel.

I'm only believing them up to a point. Fran hasn't shown any desire to actually post the INJECT command so my faith is slipping quickly.

As for Burb - I can at least believe that part. Supposing Fran can actually cure it (which seems plausible since SOMETHING happened between the start of D2 and the end of D2 for the Araxomomomometer to go down), then Burb is banking on winning with Town, which seems plausible.

franconp

I'm only believing them up to a point. Fran hasn't shown any desire to actually post the INJECT command so my faith is slipping quickly.

As for Burb - I can at least believe that part. Supposing Fran can actually cure it (which seems plausible since SOMETHING happened between the start of D2 and the end of D2 for the Araxomomomometer to go down), then Burb is banking on winning with Town, which seems plausible.

I'm still waiting for more people to take the deal. I'm not too sure but I don't think we have enough people on board to lynch Melon today yet.

Ourobolus

Banned
Lynch him. I could just keep the vaccines, do nothing and see the world burn.

We both lose that way.

So like I said, no choice. I've already said if you cure Burb I'll put a vote down on melon. But this is a two-way street. You need to show some good faith by doing that. Even if for some reason others don't follow, you can still shoot melon at night.

franconp

So like I said, no choice. I've already said if you cure Burb I'll put a vote down on melon. But this is a two-way street. You need to show some good faith by doing that. Even if for some reason others don't follow, you can still shoot melon at night.

Not if acohrs is lynched today, not if Melon accomplish her goal during the day, not if Melon gets infected, not if 11037 infected burb and you lynch him today, not if Melon has bulletproof, etc.

There are a lot of ways that this can't work for me. That's why I want Melon lynched today. I'm willing to take the first step and cure burb but I just want to know that I have at least the support to lynch Melon today.

The ones making the greater leap of faith here are us. Give us something here. We have 3 votes ourselves. We need 9 for turbo. You, burb and exmachina seems ok with the deal. So that would be 6. I want 4 more people to agree (so I have 1 backup in case someoneby decide to change his mind after I cure burb). I'm not asking much.

Swamped

Banned
OUROBOLUS
Lab Technician
Hired 2008

SAWNEEKS
Lab Technician
Hired 2014

EXMACHINA64
Lab Technician
Hired 2011

KAWL_USC
Lab Technician
Hired 2010

BURBETING
Lab Technician
Hired 2013

SWAMPED
Lab Technician
Hired 2014

Now that it's out, I can confirm my role. Dammit with all these secret groups. I'm making my own group where ONLY Lab Technicians are allowed (and blackjack and hookers).

So here's the current player list:

0. [f] Sawneeks - Director, was Lab Tech
1. [m]Verelios
2. [m] acohrs - Investment board
5. [m] 11037 - supposedly infected and can pass on infection
6. [m] Kalor
7. [m] franconp - Investment board
8. [m] Ourobolus - Lab Tech
10. [m] Zippedpinhead
13. [f] Swamped - Lab Tech
14. [m] Kawl_USC - Lab Tech
15. [m] Burbeting - Lab Tech (now infected)
16. [m] exmachina64 - Lab Tech
17. [m] gryvan
18. [f] melonrabbit - Investment board
19. [m] Fat4all - Investment board

So the second infected (if we believe Doggo's claim that 11307 infected him) has to be in this group: Verelios, Kalor, Zipped, gryvan.

Right now I'm inclined to believe Zipped is town because his history confirms Sawneeks'. Exmachina's history confirms Kalor's (I think, this is from memory). Could the second infected be between Vere and gryvan?

---

Maybe I need to think about it more, but I believe it's in our best interest to get Burb cured, to increase our town population. I think the Investment board should heal him during the day so we can see and see the aroxometer go down at the end of this day phase.

Does that mean I need to vote Melon? Is that the deal?

---

But wait. There's a very high probability that Melon is the 'mole' (the Investment board's lynch target). If we get her then 3 more players leave and all the cures are gone...

Sure, we'll have the name of 2 infectors, but what if there are still level 1's running around (we can only win if the araxometer goes down to 0).

---

I need to keep thinking. Good thing we still have 2 days left lol.

Top Bottom