• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

But not "mad easy" though.

I feel like you're getting caught up with the verbiage. Knowing when to use your abilities and ult is an issue with every character, not just a Mercy problem. Knowing when to rez/heal/buff separates a good mercy from a mediocre one, but it's a lot easier to become a "decent" Mercy/Lucio than it is to be a "decent" Ana/Zen, this is just fact. I'm not gonna downplay the decision process because it's very important, but as someone who's been using Mercy a lot recently, I have to say that the decision making/thoughts are nowhere near as complicated to characters like Zarya/Rein.

antitrop

Btw: You were right so far, the Mercy win streak is real!
Im50myN.png

Nice job

HiiiLife

Was absolutely steamrolling a team...then I had to take a piss bad...guess that 60'seconds of just sitting there was enough to kick me from the match. And it wouldn't let me rejoin. Damn you blizzard.

Chance

Yeah but a hot new skin for Zarya is comin' soon-but-not-like-the-next-event-soon! That's smexy. And what he says about Doomfist is excruciating but it makes me like him more!

I respect your opinion, but I disagree, things like survivability and rezz timing aren't as easy as you think it is, skills like knowing when to run, when to hide and how many people you need to rezz and how to prioritize heal and damage buff aren't as "mad easy" as you think it is. She is not as hard as someone like Ana or Zen, I'll give you that.

for someone whos even borderline competent at video games it is

its like the candy crush of online shooter communities

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Gosh I dunno, as someone who plays them both a lot I think Zen is quite a bit easier to play than Mercy. His range is such that he rarely has to put himself in danger to heal, deciding when to use his ult is much simpler, and he outputs enough damage to comfortably deal with most 1v1 flanking situations. And the hitbox on his orbs is enormous, so needing to aim doesn't really make him appreciably more difficult.

I don't think Mercy is wildly difficult to play or anything, just not dramatically easier than the rest of the cast? I see more terrible Mercy players out there than just about any other member of the cast besides D.Va, which I feel wouldn't happen if she was much simpler to play than the zillions of decent Roadhogs and Pharahs littering every game.

Chance

Gosh I dunno, as someone who plays them both a lot I think Zen is quite a bit easier to play than Mercy. His range is such that he rarely has to put himself in danger to heal, deciding when to use his ult is much simpler, and he outputs enough damage to comfortably deal with most 1v1 flanking situations. And the hitbox on his orbs is enormous, so needing to aim doesn't really make him appreciably more difficult.

I don't think Mercy is wildly difficult to play or anything, just not dramatically easier than the rest of the cast? I see more terrible Mercy players out there than just about any other member of the cast besides D.Va, which I feel wouldn't happen if she was much simpler to play than the zillions of decent Roadhogs and Pharahs littering every game.

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Spend two hours plus playing this game and end up 4 points up.

sigh

Last two losses were over some tilted crazy person typing out there toxicity and a 3 stack smurf group that had a guy lag out.

Oxn

tilted right now on a 3 game losing streak, going for fourth now.

Edit: 4th going on 5th now, im tilted up the wazoo.

komaruR

I pick pharah in comp most of the time because its a safe bet. Usually enemy cant aim for thier lives. I do play winston when theres a chance of a genji main random like last time. Winston is good to distract them while the actually dmg dealer/flanker take down their support.
Winston doesnt work if we not aggressive enough too since he can be concentrated down.

FgSRxdm.jpg

We've had a few takes to the poll only about 6 people have said which days are best for them to play. Keep an open mind for days tho so we can get this to happen. Once we get enough votes for a day I'll start putting together a possible roster of players and we can have GAF vs GAF on PS4!

The poll is below.

https://goo.gl/2Tp07J

Are you guys having a lot of success with Mercy this season? I saw on the last page someone had a 70% win rate with her and so do I. I think she is really good in the current comp meta because players aren't good enough at killing her early in fights before she racks up high levels of healing and gets rez;s off. I'm curious if everyone is having pretty high levels of success with her.

antitrop

Are you guys having a lot of success with Mercy this season? I saw on the last page someone had a 70% win rate with her and so do I. I think she is really good in the current comp meta because players aren't good enough at killing her early in fights before she racks up high levels of healing and gets rez;s off. I'm curious if everyone is having pretty high levels of success with her.
Yup

Tam8AoO.png

Went from 3000 to 3900 in like 2 weeks, but not just playing Mercy. At one point my win rate with her was 80%.

FgSRxdm.jpg

We've had a few takes to the poll only about 6 people have said which days are best for them to play. Keep an open mind for days tho so we can get this to happen. Once we get enough votes for a day I'll start putting together a possible roster of players and we can have GAF vs GAF on PS4!

The poll is below.

https://goo.gl/2Tp07J

I voted Sunday earlier - it's the day I'd be able to make most reliably. More iffy on other days.

I voted Sunday earlier - it's the day I'd be able to make most reliably. More iffy on other days.

Cool cool. The weekend seems to be winning so far! Some more people dropped in to vote after I posted so hopefully we get this thing going!

In other news I had an awesome match earlier with some randoms that I decided to group up with. In our first game I thought we were just going to lose so badly... but we pulled a point out of our asses in the last seconds in the first round.

We went on to win. Check the vid! Sorry for the Japanese pop like music... kind of obsessed with this song right now. Also shows off some of spectacular Mercy play.

https://youtu.be/k-dTyzCV2-U

Chance

Cool cool. The weekend seems to be winning so far! Some more people dropped in to vote after I posted so hopefully we get this thing going!

In other news I had an awesome match earlier with some randoms that I decided to group up with. In our first game I thought we were just going to lose so badly... but we pulled a point out of our asses in the last seconds in the first round.

We went on to win. Check the vid! Sorry for the Japanese pop like music... kind of obsessed with this song right now. Also shows off some of spectacular Mercy play.

https://youtu.be/k-dTyzCV2-U

First of all, awesome Mercy work. Makes me feel better about all those times I pull my pistol and my team is surely thinking "why isn't she just blue beaming?"

Second, never apologize for the music you love. I think this is my best uncut gameplay matched to music:

https://youtu.be/jmOkc8yeShc

I need to kill the Reinhardt protecting the Bastion to kill the Bastion protecting the Mercy to kill the Mercy and crack this Numbani defense that had been holding us off hard.

It starts off boring, I agree - but I like to think it builds tension. Then Bastion moves to the point, Rein and I are alone, and we can start to really dance.

Edit:
Also first time I got this too. Pretty stoke about it... all from randoms!

Even the opposite team paid respect haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yajb90ER7dg

Oh shits.

7NMnjTL.png

Wait what the hell I average 12.93 enemies slept per game on Ana this season, apparently that's the 99th percentile on Overbuff.

I AM A SLEEP DART GOD, ALL SHALL SUFFER AS I CROUCH SPAM OVER THEIR SLEEPING BODIES

Maximo

Disgusting player last night purposely throwing competitive was a diamond player then saw he dropped almost 900 in ranking and was down to low-mid gold, didn't contribute to the game at all ran to the starting enemy spawn as sombra and spammed hello. Afterwards sent me a friend request (which I accepted out of curiosity) and proceeded to tell me to kill myself again and again because I needed to learn to use my Q more.

Is there any way to send blizzard the screenshot of the chat besides simply reporting in game?

First of all, awesome Mercy work. Makes me feel better about all those times I pull my pistol and my team is surely thinking "why isn't she just blue beaming?"

Second, never apologize for the music you love. I think this is my best uncut gameplay matched to music:

You never know the responses you'll get when it comes to J-Popesque music.

https://youtu.be/jmOkc8yeShc

I need to kill the Reinhardt protecting the Bastion to kill the Bastion protecting the Mercy to kill the Mercy and crack this Numbani defense that had been holding us off hard.

It starts off boring, I agree - but I like to think it builds tension. Then Bastion moves to the point, Rein and I are alone, and we can start to really dance.

Haha nice job taking the point. I could never be that good at Trace... her abilities confuse me too much.

Oh shits.

7NMnjTL.png

Yah it was awesome. Got play of the game too. It was the moment where I faced down the Zarya, rezzed the Roadhog and then helped kill the Orisa.

So I had to tell a Soldier how to do his job earlier... we lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB-q75kZF94

To be fair I am saying to the left instead of a specific area but it was in relation to where he is looking.

valeo

No!

So frustrating. Look at me telling the soldier what to do above. This is usually the kind of randoms I get.

At least he's trying to listen to you mate. Could be far, far worse. Looks to me like he just panicked a bit; happens to the best of us.

Owzers

New strategy: if I'm bored enough to play qp solo I'm playing Symmetra, won a game of Hollywood attack, team of dps changed to two tanks and no healer and it was a fun ugly win.

I literally solo'd 3 people with Roadhog off in a corner away from the point:
1) Ulted Soldier for the kill.
2) Shot D.va from full health to nothing, then hooked mini-D.va.
3) Mercy came to help them, and I killed her with 2 normal shots.

My team fails to take the point. What the fuck more can I do than take down 3 solo? No to mention it was a good 45 second fight because I kept juking and healing, so my team had a 5v3 advantage for that time as well. And I SURVIVED. I'm livid with the idiocy of this player base and how I lost 100 points today because I am consistently grouped with people who do nothing as a collective group.

Top Bottom