• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

1. These last 5 lbs
2. The first 50 lbs
3. A Motherfucker
4. Bombs

I'm not actually sure what you mean by drop here.

5. the hottest album of 2017

am i doing this right?

ᵵ (ૢ˃ꌂ˂⁎)Շ^

Definitely 3-5. But squidy - opinions on more active posters or people you haven't mentioned as much today? What you've said has been vehement, but it's pretty targeted and on your own measures it seems to be easier targets. So what else?

I honestly can't get a grasp on the D2 situation enough to decide who to vote for :(

There are two large vote pushes going on right now, so a tie breaking vote would carry the most weight, but I think one of those pushes must be heavy on the scummies

Welp, there's nothing to go on, since you've refused to engage with any of my responses. All I know from you is that I can't:

• Vote with certainty (probably can't change a vote, either, since I'm "wishy-washy")
  • Be uncertain
  • Answer criticism (because it doesn't matter)
  • Ignore criticism (because you chase me like I'm a bone and you're a dog)
  • Talk to people

Anything else, senpai? (≧艸≦*)

The thing is, I've addressed all this. You're either gonna engage with what I said (you haven't) or not; you're either gonna think it's productive for town or not. At least Palmer responded with some things. You've just kept beating the same drum, which at this point just looks, to me, like a trap to keep me from talking about anything else. Why is that, exactly?

So unless you come up with something else, I'm just gonna let go and let God on that one. Defending myself over and over is fruitless when we're just going in circles.

N4FIfV6.jpg

However, I'm curious. How is chasing me and just me particularly productive for town? You've made your case in several posts. You're not looking at anything else. You haven't even talked about anything else today except some noncommittal muttering about Poltergust, who apparently I can't vote for. Why? Reasons. Some sort of not-quite defense of Kyanrute which was as noncommittal as everything you say I've posted. Because like... I think everyone gets it. You think I'm scum. You've made that clear. What's next?

So let's say you're right. I'm evil gaijin superhero mafia scum. Well, if so, I'm not alone. Who's advising me? Who'm I talking to?

What are you doing to prove that you're town? So far it seems that you're just suggesting I shouldn't vote for Polter, who several people suspect, and that maybe people shouldn't vote for Kyan, who several people suspect. So who do we run out of town on a rail besides me here?

Aight I'm bringing this back like I said I would. Few things I'd like to respond to:

1. I am engaging with you in this. You have yet to provide a valid reason for your actions, and also, why I shouldn't be voting for you today other than your "I'm town" argument. All of your reads are fluffy, appeasing to various other players in the name of being helpful, and you constantly post content that speculates as to the mechanics of the game instead of trying to vote for scum. All of this is telltale scum behavior, and it is how I act as scum. In addition, your unwillingness to commit to a vote, despite your arguments and your claims, has been noted. I'm just not buying what you're selling, Monkey-chan.

2. Sure, maybe this is a tunnel. I don't know for sure. All I know is that your behavior is not consistent with town play IMO so I'm going to go with that.

3. I am looking at several other people, actually. It's called multitasking and having an open mind. Just because I believe you're scum and I've chosen to focus on your behavior and your posts as of now does not mean in any sense that I am not reading the thread, that I am not forming opinions, and that I am not gauging the reactions and responses of other players. This, despite what you say is very productive for town. The point of the game is to find and eliminate scum / other threats to town, and I am doing just that. How is that not productive, exactly?

4. You can vote for whoever you want to. Doesn't mean I have to agree with your reasoning and it also doesn't mean I can't call you out on it. That's how you play the game, and that's also how players are able to get reads from others. It's why consistent posting is great for town because it allows people to form opinions.

5. I don't have to prove anything, atm, regarding the fact that I am town. I know that I am, and should it come to that, I've already said I am prepared to claim my role and flavor. I have nothing to hide. Instead of worrying about myself and surviving, I'm going to focus on scum hunting. I don't need to survive to win. Scum do. I just need my fellow townies to catch them should I die. And even then, on my death, after I've been confirmed as town, my reads will be available for all to see. So me posting and having an opinion is helping town quite a bit, actually.

You have given me no reason to move my vote. And so, it shall be.

(ง •̀ω•́)ง✧

I honestly can't get a grasp on the D2 situation enough to decide who to vote for :(

There are two large vote pushes going on right now, so a tie breaking vote would carry the most weight, but I think one of those pushes must be heavy on the scummies

you. You seem ambitious. Talk to me.

Break it down, romeo

What am I dealing with here, help me help you

No active vote for Day 2: 30yearsofhurt, BlackBuzzard, Cewyn, flatearthpandas, hatmoza, oreomunsta, rac, StanleyPalmtree

Day 2 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 4, BlackBuzzard 12, Blargonaut 21, cabot 74, Cewyn 5, Dusk Soldier 17, flatearthpandas 1, hatmoza 10, hey_monkey 56, Kyanrute 47, oreomunsta 9 (posted more after this), Palmer_v1 26, Poltergust 18, rac 11, squidyj 21, StanleyPalmtree 5, Swamped 10, TheExodu5 28, ultron87 9, WhereAreMahDragonz 22

Highlighting data now that we're approaching the last half of the last day.

1. I am engaging with you in this. You have yet to provide a valid reason for your actions, and also, why I shouldn't be voting for you today other than your "I'm town" argument. All of your reads are fluffy, appeasing to various other players in the name of being helpful, and you constantly post content that speculates as to the mechanics of the game instead of trying to vote for scum. All of this is telltale scum behavior, and it is how I act as scum. In addition, your unwillingness to commit to a vote, despite your arguments and your claims, has been noted. I'm just not buying what you're selling, Monkey-chan.

It is what it is, I guess. I'm not going to spend more time on it; I've talked it to death and you're gonna have your opinion. I'm inclined to agree with this:

This vote, along with Dragonz's own vote on Monkey screams town vs town to me. I was in this exact same position in gafia 3, me vs Crab and me vs Sorian there. I think scum, especially newbie scum, would probably not vote for the person who is on their back.

Which is why I'm no longer voting for you. I think we're wasting time and effort, Dragonz-senpai, but clearly you disagree. Perhaps we'll be on a different track tomorrow if neither of us is night-killed.

Hokay, I've made it through the thread. After the nightmare of Gafia 3 this was not so bad to read actually. Thoughts.

I'm liking hatmoza the most from the newbies. Not a lot of activity but the posts are thoughtful. Swamped I'm getting my normal reads on, which is towny. She's keeping on top of things and seems earnest. If she doesn't make some kind of weird slip and get herself primed as a major lynch target by D4 or so I'll probably get suspicious of her. Palmer I'm liking as well even if he spent a lot of time going after my predecessor. rac I like around this same interaction. His theory linking Bowlie and Palmer gave me good vibes even if he was wrong and is a stupid 馬鹿.

Speaking of that, not much to say there. Was a weird vote but whatevs. It's not really a scum copout because it was such a dumb vote it couldn't help but draw attention to itself.

Anywho, as for scum. I get the unease that Poltergust seems to have drawn. Awful lot of I'm new here and what's going on followed up by not much of value. I wouldn't be opposed to that lynch but not chomping at the bit for it. 30years is raising my concern more though. Not just because of the no lynch, which was surprisingly popular. More because there's just not much there and what is there is short and bad. If I had to choose a newbie scum, it would be this one. Oreo raised my eyebrows as well though, mainly with his arguing against the new lynch. Felt very much like trying to fit in to me and throw some easy shade at other newbies. 怪しいと思う I tend to get town feelings from those who argue for the no lynch if there's nothing else going on because you draw attention with unpopular opinions and we can see how you deal with the negative pressure it generates. Black Buzzard just giving me some general fake vibes as well

SquidyちゃんはSquidyちゃんだ
His day one... uh... play, I suppose we'll call it was okay I guess since it gave something better to talk about than the usual bullshit but I incredibly doubtful we'll ever see any actual useful insight from it. There's no aha at the end of this rainbow but doesn't give me anything on his alignment. I do think he's got the 金玉 to try it as scum.

Cabot has been active but not really making an impression on me. I kind of feel like I expected more from him but then I don't think I've ever actually played with him before, just annoyed him when he was modding. Scum or town, I am dissapoint. But I tend to lean scum when I think someone should be trying harder.

monkey on the other hand is leaning town. She seems harrangued town and hasn't broken and slipped yet under the pressure. That's good. But I also have the feeling that there is some slip coming. On that note, cheers to dragonz I guess for keeping on her if there's something fruitful eventually. My overall feeling is just town chasing town though.

Stanley is reading same as always. Null. Dusk soldier is null, but leaning town mostly on gut. Cewyn is aggressively null and I don't like it but null nonetheless. Exodus is null leaning scum. There was something that raised my eyebrows but can't remember what it was. I'll go back to it at some point. Kaynrute null, but I appreciate the shitposting is falling back. We'll see how that goes. Haly didn't make a big impression but we'll see what Blarg does with it.

Ultra I believe and that sounds more of a town power than not, although I don't think it's that strong since he can fuck up the vote as easily as not. If he's gonna go, think it would be better earlier than later so I don't really care if he gets done but I probably wouldn't vote him today.

If I forgot you, you're a dirty null too probably. For what it's worth, I would have voted for Zubz day one as well and SkyOdin was my top town.

tl;dr:
I choose you, 30ちゃん
Vote: 30yearsofhurt[/vote]

Reads D2.

Exodu5: So his whole theory of Skyodin getting lynched becuz he was on the same vote as scum players, just feels like a huge gamble for scum and especially on day 1, where a backfire would be big. This theory is so strange that im town reading Exo because a scum player would certainly come up with a better theory(sorry)

Blargonaut: Shitposting savant cant see through the layers of shit.

30years: So yeah not much about this guy on D2 but his no lynch vote still has me baffled feels like arrogant scum hiding in plain sight and in the general sense he just hasn't said much of value at all through out the entire game.

Dusk Soldier: Tries to make Cabot out as a Kyan defender when it doesn't stick and he cant find the quotes to support his theory he vanishes. To me this reeks of scum.

Anywho, as for scum. I get the unease that Poltergust seems to have drawn. Awful lot of I'm new here and what's going on followed up by not much of value. I wouldn't be opposed to that lynch but not chomping at the bit for it. 30years is raising my concern more though. Not just because of the no lynch, which was surprisingly popular.
...as popular as a fart in an elevator it seems.

More because there's just not much there and what is there is short and bad.
You're quite the sweet talker.

If I had to choose a newbie scum, it would be this one.

tl;dr:
I choose you, 30ちゃん
Vote: 30yearsofhurt[/vote]

Reads D2.
30years: So yeah not much about this guy on D2 but his no lynch vote still has me baffled feels like arrogant scum hiding in plain sight and in the general sense he just hasn't said much of value at all through out the entire game.

If people are baffled by my wanting to no-vote here is an example of a game I played where I used to play mafia.
This was a good tactic then and it seems like it may have been a good tactic this time. All we've achieved with the Zubz lynch (who I admittedly was sus of) is left ourselves down an extra townie.
As to my inactivity I've been travelling these last few days. From 7am Sunday morning (9pm Sat GMT) I've been interstate on personal business. I drove back Tuesday night and Wednesday morning straight to work.

I'm still behind on what has happened so I can't really offer any great insights that anyone else hasn't already given.

If I get lynched out I'm no great loss to town. So I won't stress out about it. I'd just like to last past a few days and maybe see us find one scum.

As to that...

Personally I was looking at Poltergusts "oh-noes-don't-make-me-lynch-town" protestations as hammed up as a hawaiian pizza.
Other than that I though Palmer's case against Bowlie seemed 'consistent' at face value.
Other than that I was already sus of Haly and Kyan.

I'll probably vote Kyan if the Poltergust lynch doesn't happen because he seems like the least helpful town (although I did say before that I would be expecting scum to try and act like town). His shit-posting has done nothing for us.

Sorry if my input is as useful as tits on a bull but I'm still learning how gaffers do mafia.
Good night folks. I have a social engagement tonight so I'll try and get a proper vote in before I go to bed.

PS How can we be sure Ultron's power reveal was true?

cabot

...as popular as a fart in an elevator it seems.

You're quite the sweet talker.

If people are baffled by my wanting to no-vote here is an example of a game I played where I used to play mafia.
This was a good tactic then and it seems like it may have been a good tactic this time. All we've achieved with the Zubz lynch (who I admittedly was sus of) is left ourselves down an extra townie.
As to my inactivity I've been travelling these last few days. From 7am Sunday morning (9pm Sat GMT) I've been interstate on personal business. I drove back Tuesday night and Wednesday morning straight to work.

I'm still behind on what has happened so I can't really offer any great insights that anyone else hasn't already given.

If I get lynched out I'm no great loss to town. So I won't stress out about it. I'd just like to last past a few days and maybe see us find one scum.

As to that...

Personally I was looking at Poltergusts "oh-noes-don't-make-me-lynch-town" protestations as hammed up as a hawaiian pizza.
Other than that I though Palmer's case against Bowlie seemed 'consistent' at face value.
Other than that I was already sus of Haly and Kyan.

I'll probably vote Kyan if the Poltergust lynch doesn't happen because he seems like the least helpful town (although I did say before that I would be expecting scum to try and act like town). His shit-posting has done nothing for us.

Sorry if my input is as useful as tits on a bull but I'm still learning how gaffers do mafia.
Good night folks. I have a social engagement tonight so I'll try and get a proper vote in before I go to bed.

PS How can we be sure Ultron's power reveal was true?

What about squidy?

I don't feel for a Ultron lynch. He would have had to had his role claim pre empted and everything cause its against the rules to just copy paste. Like others have said its too strong as a scum power especially in the later days. Whats going against Ultron atm is that he didn't get NKed. On the other hand Skyodin was active and mostly town read by everyone, making him a prime target for NK and if in anyway he hinted at his PR then its all the more reason for scum to go for Odin's unknown PR then the weaker known one.

Got nothing against the idea of a no lynch. As I said, I appreciate a bit of pro-nl rhetoric as long as we don't wank on about it all day.

But throwing the vote out at the end of the day is legally just throwing a vote out. Just as bad as what bowlie did. Like i also said though, the bad vote isn't my issue. Your response is better though. Hope to see more like this.

Try harder with that read on me fep, it was positively useless.

Why do you gut read dusk as town?
It's a gut read innit?

I've got enough people I'm not liking that I'm not too stressed about dusk right now when I finished the read with good feelings on him.

cabot

Got nothing against the idea of a no lynch. As I said, I appreciate a bit of pro-nl rhetoric as long as we don't wank on about it all day.

But throwing the vote out at the end of the day is legally just throwing a vote out. Just as bad as what bowlie did. Like i also said though, the bad vote isn't my issue. Your response is better though. Hope to see more like this.

It's a gut read innit?

I've got enough people I'm not liking that I'm not too stressed about dusk right now when I finished the read with good feelings on him.

Yeah hidden chat discussion on day 1, painting me as a kyan loving loser day two.

Much town.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

squidyj (4)
Swamped 1152
Palmer_v1 1323
ultron87 1333
hey_monkey 1414

Kyanrute (3)
TheExodu5 1066 1448
Poltergust 1074
Dusk Soldier 1225
Blargonaut 1317

30yearsofhurt (2)
cabot 1271
flatearthpandas 1462

hey_monkey (1)
Swamped 1105 1152
WhereAreMahDragonz 1182
Palmer_v1 1245 1323

ultron87 (1)
squidyj 1041 1242
TheExodu5 1448

Blargonaut (1)
Kyanrute 1316

StanleyPalmtree (1)
squidyj 1267

BlackBuzzard (0): cabot 1052 1271

Poltergust (0): hey_monkey 1043 1252

Bowlie (0): Palmer_v1 1088 1235

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): squidyj 1242 1267, hey_monkey 1252 1412

Swamped (0): cabot 1042 1052

No active vote for Day 2: 30yearsofhurt, BlackBuzzard, Cewyn, hatmoza, oreomunsta, rac, StanleyPalmtree

Day 2 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 8, BlackBuzzard 14, Blargonaut 24, cabot 78, Cewyn 5, Dusk Soldier 17, flatearthpandas 5, hatmoza 10, hey_monkey 60, Kyanrute 47, oreomunsta 10, Palmer_v1 26, Poltergust 18, rac 11, squidyj 22, StanleyPalmtree 7, Swamped 10, TheExodu5 29, ultron87 9, WhereAreMahDragonz 25

Day 2 ends:
cya_1493326800.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

Kyanrute

Hmm, the climate is too hard to predict. I can see multiple people posturing themselves in a way that makes them vote for me in the case their preferred candidate does not make it to the races.

I am a town pr and that is all you are going to get in terms of a claim. No name, no sex, no ability. Only an implication. I am aware how partial claims like this look, no need to tell me that. Do what you feel is best.

cabot

Hmm, the climate is too hard to predict. I can see multiple people posturing themselves in a way that makes them vote for me in the case their preferred candidate does not make it to the races.

I am a town pr and that is all you are going to get in terms of a claim. No name, no sex, no ability. Only an implication. I am aware how partial claims like this look, no need to tell me that. Do what you feel is best.

are you not really gonna be around at day end or something, Kyan?

Why did you claim so early, when GAFIA always goes crazy on final hours of the day phase for votes.

4PB4DNp.gif

Kyanrute

are you not really gonna be around at day end or something, Kyan?

Why did you claim so early, when GAFIA always goes crazy on final hours of the day phase for votes.

I imagine I will be around. Like I said, I am seeing myself as a likely lynch candidate right now, even with accounting for the end madness. Three votes already (or two if you don't count Blarg because who can predict Blarg) in the bank and I see some people switching for me in the hours to come should their favorite candidates get no traction. 30 sets himself up for that and I imagine Exo will be coming back as well. There is a bunch of people who really haven't been a presence today, those have an increased chance of voting for the leading trains I feel. Essentially, I feel there is enough traction against me for me to be a possible lynch candidate. This in mind, I feel it is foolish to put my faith in the final hour madness, what is something I cannot really control. Claiming I can control and if I do it now, it gives people time to think about their choice, even though I know there ain't that much to think about with my claim.

whats your feelings on squidy, blackbuzzardpaikunpoopoo?

I'm new to this anumi thing.

So yeah he strongly believes Ultron to be scum and says everyone who voted Zubz were people he didn't like, that's fair. But today he has been mostly hunting inactives and going after Kyan for posting style WHAT!? It just feels like scum who is grasping for straws.

Its pronounced animu btw Cabot-chan.

cabot

Still voting Stan the man, huh.

Still pretty strongly townread Stan, I see nothing out the ordinary for him aside from the fact he missed half this phase which seems to be a genuine mistake.

Why feel the need to do this now, i mean were about 9 hours from the dealine. Also cant you give us anything regarding your PR like favourite food?

Kyanrute

Why feel the need to do this now, i mean were about 9 hours from the dealine. Also cant you give us anything regarding your PR like favourite food?

I imagine I will be around. Like I said, I am seeing myself as a likely lynch candidate right now, even with accounting for the end madness. Three votes already (or two if you don't count Blarg because who can predict Blarg) in the bank and I see some people switching for me in the hours to come should their favorite candidates get no traction. 30 sets himself up for that and I imagine Exo will be coming back as well. There is a bunch of people who really haven't been a presence today, those have an increased chance of voting for the leading trains I feel. Essentially, I feel there is enough traction against me for me to be a possible lynch candidate. This in mind, I feel it is foolish to put my faith in the final hour madness, what is something I cannot really control. Claiming I can control and if I do it now, it gives people time to think about their choice, even though I know there ain't that much to think about with my claim.

And food is no comment.

Swamped

Banned

DRAGONZ
MONKEY

...I cannot believe I neglected to make a Monkey D Dragonz joke

please continue to rally the world's dumbest train.

Then pleaaaase clarify this statement, from D1 end!

yeah so poltergust is scum, yeah? probably means haly is scum.

Which inactive had been less pressured than stan?

You should push Cewyn also. At least Stan has offered some reads in his few posts.

I don't like how Squidy is purposefully neglecting reads on active and controversial players, which is one of the reasons I am voting for him.

hatmoza

Hatmoza you wanna chime in on day 2 happenings? Or you just fine sitting in the shadows?

I have nothing really to add at the moment. I have a tiny list of suspects that have already been mentioned (the 3 players who were all like "zomg skyodin's death is like such a mystery). Mostly gut feelings. At the top of that list was Haly, but my read on them was not of acting scum rather an uninterested player who was on the verge of dropping out.

I trust Squidy at the moment more than Cabot. Though I feel they are both town.

Top Bottom