• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

I'm just saying we never got a list of your bets did we? Perhaps because that was a fake claim.

Asking for previous bets is reasonable.

Asking for today's would be a mistake.

@Penguin Doesn't matter if that wasn't a reference to your claimed role, I still had wanted to say that to you. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on being town.

Penguin

I'm just saying we never got a list of your bets did we? Perhaps because that was a fake claim.

I've explained this to you before, I thought it was foolish to share because I read the role wrong for a few days, but if it helps you sleep at night

N1 Absolutbro
N2 Natiko
N3 Royal_Flush
N4 Sorian
N5 Well is current night and now understand the role.

Asking for previous bets is reasonable.

Asking for today's would be a mistake.

@Penguin Doesn't matter if that wasn't a reference to your claimed role, I still had wanted to say that to you. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on being town.

Oh right right
Yeah I won't be telling folks if earned it or not.

Timeaisis

Hugs Fireblend

Oh, thank you, thank you. I finally feel like myself again in this game. I now want to lynch you! Took you and Time a while to come up with this play. It's well designed for this particular town since they're so desperate for flavor to matter. Good job this game. Not that anyone has ever pressured you, too busy going for each others' throats.

Well, that makes me feel better about AbsolutBro. I was not convinced of his alignment and I didn't like his voting for Flame based on his assumption of what roles belong to what team, but now that Fireblend has tossed his hat in with Timeasis to try to protect zipped, I think AB must be town.

What are you on about? How is Fireblend protecting zipped here? He's just stating that he found nothing on you with no commentary.

Either he's scum trying to get us to lynch you (as town) today, or he's town literally telling us that you have gotten more suspect.

And again, you are right it's either zipped or you today. And you are still the best target, as far as I'm concerned. If you flip town we can lynch zipped and start questioning Fireblend about why he got a no read on you. Unless there's something here you want to mention as to why you would be investigated as nothing coming back?

I'm not taking Fireblend's word as gospel, plenty of people wanted to lynch you pre-Fireblend's claim, and the fact that you continue to make every piece of new information revealed about you really leads me to believe you are still the best to flip out of you and zipped.

Faddy

Banned
What are you on about? How is Fireblend protecting zipped here? He's just stating that he found nothing on you with no commentary.

Either he's scum trying to get us to lynch you (as town) today, or he's town literally telling us that you have gotten more suspect.

And again, you are right it's either zipped or you today. And you are still the best target, as far as I'm concerned. If you flip town we can lynch zipped and start questioning Fireblend about why he got a no read on you. Unless there's something here you want to mention as to why you would be investigated as nothing coming back?

I'm not taking Fireblend's word as gospel, plenty of people wanted to lynch you pre-Fireblend's claim, and the fact that you continue to make every piece of new information revealed about you really leads me to believe you are still the best to flip out of you and zipped.

I think if it came down to weemad or zipped I would kill zipped. The way today has gone has made weemad's claim look more solid.

Fat4all

Banned
I think if it came down to weemad or zipped I would kill zipped. The way today has gone has made weemad's claim look more solid.

Yeah, I think I agree with this. I'm not the biggest fan of how weemad has interacted with some people, but it seems like a much safer bet to vote Zipped instead.

Vote: Zippedpinhead

Fireblend

Banned
The way you're arguing that I designed a claim around you weemad makes it seem like you really think of yourself as a way more important player than you should. You're evidently playing defense, which is one thing that I can't fault you for, being ahead on the vote count and all, but you're not handling it well by taking everything I've said as some master plan to get you lynched today. It's not like I even needed to, if I was forward-thinking scum I'd rather incriminate anyone else that's not on the verge of being lynched, or claim some passive ability since I've been town read this whole game. Either way my info is out there, I'm taking requests for who to check on tomorrow, and trying to be as transparent as possible.

Incidentally, I agree with time that lynching weemad will give us more info, might even somewhat clear me as well.

Vote: Weemadarthur

franconp

Day 6 votes

weemadarthur (5)
faddy 3239 (3339)
penguin 3241
zippedpinhead 3242
bronx-man 3279
fat4all 3285 (3393)
timeaisis 3364 (3376)
timeaisis 3403
Fireblend

faddy (0)
absolutbro 3253 (3352)

zippedpinhead (2)
weemadarthur 3303
fat4all 3508

flame_ac (2)
absolutbro 3352
sorian 3432

fireblend (0)
flame_ac 3453 (3478)

Day 6 ends:
red_1495148400.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

Yeah, I think I agree with this. I'm not the biggest fan of how weemad has interacted with some people, but it seems like a much safer bet to vote Zipped instead.

Well bye Zipped

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Terrible call, who figured out whatever the incredibly obtuse "claim" from weemadarthur? Who has acted like town day in and day out? Who hasnt been deliberately hard to deal with? Me. If we eliminate weemadarthur, and they flip as batman (which is what I believe they will fillip as, "not a Miller" claim whatever) we will still have that poison heal I have and can eliminate fireblend.

I don't believe Sorian's claim that he doesn't have a poison ability. He is a neutral why do we take his word as gospel? If it didn't set town back to lynch a neutral I would say he needs to be on the table if we get a poison or double night kill.

Fat4all

Banned
Terrible call, who figured out whatever the incredibly obtuse "claim" from weemadarthur? Who has acted like town day in and day out? Who hasnt been deliberately hard to deal with? Me.

These aren't actions that correlate to you being town, these are actions you've taken as a direct effort to set yourself apart from weemads playstyle.

These aren't actions that correlate to you being town, these are actions you've taken as a direct effort to set yourself apart from weemads playstyle.

And that's not a pro-town play? Being helpful and scum hunting? Weemadarthur essentially took a day and a half of delaying around their name, and now that is a more pro-town move? Speedy lynches are almost always pro-scum, but delay tactics with a bullhorn are just as much.

My top scums are now:
Fireblend,
Weemadarthur

Flame_AC

Terrible call, who figured out whatever the incredibly obtuse "claim" from weemadarthur? Who has acted like town day in and day out? Who hasnt been deliberately hard to deal with? Me. If we eliminate weemadarthur, and they flip as batman (which is what I believe they will fillip as, "not a Miller" claim whatever) we will still have that poison heal I have and can eliminate fireblend.

I don't believe Sorian's claim that he doesn't have a poison ability. He is a neutral why do we take his word as gospel? If it didn't set town back to lynch a neutral I would say he needs to be on the table if we get a poison or double night kill.

This post screams deflection.

Here's a long speculative post about my read of the scum team consisting of Zippedpinhead, Timeasis and Fireblend.

Zipped has been heavily scum read by most people the whole game.

Fireblend has been mostly town read by most people the whole game.

Timeasis has used his role as his only argument for being town.

If Timeasis is scum, his thunderdome must have the restriction to have a scum in it. Although asking for recommendations of players to put in the thunderdome, and generally claiming that he would include Sorian, Time left Sorian out of it.
Faddy was inconsistent and most people found it plausible he could be scum.
Verelios was strongly scum read by at least a few people.
Flame was pretty under the radar.
Fireblend was mostly town read.

Verelios flipped town.
Flame's behavior of staying in the background is reasonable to do if he is a town roleblocker. It supports his claim, as does the low number of night kills since Night 3 when when he claims to have switched to sitting on Sorian.
Faddy is inconsistent, but then it's easy for scum to be consistent because they are sure who their team members are. I've never been fully convinced he was scum - I think he is scum read more for his manner than his behavior - including by myself.
Fireblend was not real likely to be killed in the thunderdome as long as he kept quiet and didn't do anything weird, something Fireblender is quite talented at.

This would mean, Time fulfilled the role requirement by putting the one scum who was not likely to be killed over the 3 potential town members into the thunderdome.

Is that plausible? Does Time have the mafia skills to work that out? I personally believe he does. I have scum read him since before I arrived in the game, mostly because the arguments he has been making and/or supporting from other players have been illogical and ....well, bad. IF I assume that Timeasis is scum, his gameplay finally makes sense (and is actually rather brilliant). This would mean the scum team has spent most of the game saying nothing much and watching town cannibalize each other.

If you kill me, at least consider this for the next game day. When I flip town you'll see that my arguments have always been sincere in the game.

Timeaisis

Here's a long speculative post about my read of the scum team consisting of Zippedpinhead, Timeasis and Fireblend.

Zipped has been heavily scum read by most people the whole game.

Fireblend has been mostly town read by most people the whole game.

Timeasis has used his role as his only argument for being town.

If Timeasis is scum, his thunderdome must have the restriction to have a scum in it. Although asking for recommendations of players to put in the thunderdome, and generally claiming that he would include Sorian, Time left Sorian out of it.
Faddy was inconsistent and most people found it plausible he could be scum.
Verelios was strongly scum read by at least a few people.
Flame was pretty under the radar.
Fireblend was mostly town read.

Verelios flipped town.
Flame's behavior of staying in the background is reasonable to do if he is a town roleblocker. It supports his claim, as does the low number of night kills since Night 3 when when he claims to have switched to sitting on Sorian.
Faddy is inconsistent, but then it's easy for scum to be consistent because they are sure who their team members are. I've never been fully convinced he was scum - I think he is scum read more for his manner than his behavior - including by myself.
Fireblend was not real likely to be killed in the thunderdome as long as he kept quiet and didn't do anything weird, something Fireblender is quite talented at.

This would mean, Time fulfilled the role requirement by putting the one scum who was not likely to be killed over the 3 potential town members into the thunderdome.

Is that plausible? Does Time have the mafia skills to work that out? I personally believe he does. I have scum read him since before I arrived in the game, mostly because the arguments he has been making and/or supporting from other players have been illogical and ....well, bad. IF I assume that Timeasis is scum, his gameplay finally makes sense (and is actually rather brilliant). This would mean the scum team has spent most of the game saying nothing much and watching town cannibalize each other.

If you kill me, at least consider this for the next game day. When I flip town you'll see that my arguments have always been sincere in the game.

Explain the lack of kills the night before the thunderdome, then. I took a shot and I was BP, then. I know it happened because I got notified that my BP was used.

The only other alternative for lack of kills is you protecting Fat4All, which still only accounts for one (the other seemingly being accounted because Sorian was RBed), which, again I know did not happen because I was shot at. UNLESS Sorian shot me or Fat AND scum shot me or Fat, is the only way that could've worked out. My BP got consumed, and you protected Fat. No kills.

However, if you believe I am scum, you now can no longer account for the night of no kills, unless you believe Sorian tried to shoot me.

As for who I put in the thunderdome, I explained myself already. I went with half gut and half other's opinion. All were at least slightly scummy to me at that point.

And as for your suspicion of Fireblend because...I put him in the thunderdome? I mean, what? Any good reason other than he was in TD? Your just making assumptions and hoping people will ride that wave.

I think my arguments for why to lynch you have been pretty spot on, frankly. And it strikes me as odd as every time you get close to lynched a small force comes to your defense or quickly changes opinions.

Anyway, I've argued back and forth with you forever. You are dug in, for better or worse. We shall see when you (or zipped) flips.

I do ask, someone, anyone, please provide some semblance of reasoning for voting zipped over. I read the last few pages and still do not see a very good argument against him other than some circumstantial stuff.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian,

If flame decides to not block you tonight are you going to SK, use some other unarmed ability (cough poison) or be a good neutral?

I'm not a poisoner. Stop trying to make that a thing, it's not a thing.

Also, being a good neutral would mean getting my last kill off at some point. It doesn't need to be tonight, I didn't even care about targeting last night. I'm waiting for a good moment.

Flame_AC

I'm not a poisoner. Stop trying to make that a thing, it's not a thing.

Also, being a good neutral would mean getting my last kill off at some point. It doesn't need to be tonight, I didn't even care about targeting last night. I'm waiting for a good moment.

If you were gonna take a shot, who would you hit?

Faddy

Banned
Circumstantial evidence is the whole basis of Mafia.

Tell me why/how Nudull self targeted on Night 2? Why did weemad immediately counterclaim Zipped?

What has Zipped done to convince you he is town?

Faddy

Banned
That response was for Time btw, couldn't be bothered quoting his wall of text.

40 minutes without a post then 3 come along at once, typical.

Timeaisis

Circumstantial evidence is the whole basis of Mafia.

Tell me why/how Nudull self targeted on Night 2? Why did weemad immediately counterclaim Zipped?

What has Zipped done to convince you he is town?

I realize that. Zipped has not convinced me they are town, but neither has weemad. As I said before, weemad seems more scummy than zipped. That's all I'm saying here.

Fat4all

Banned
I realize that. Zipped has not convinced me they are town, but neither has weemad. As I said before, weemad seems more scummy than zipped. That's all I'm saying here.

At the same time, we have more to gain from clearing weemad than clearing zipped in terms of potential abilities. If either choice is wrong today, we're going to have to lynch the other tomorrow anyways, but the chance at clearing a full doc today is more appealing imo.

Timeaisis

At the same time, we have more to gain from clearing weemad than clearing zipped in terms of potential abilities. If either choice is wrong today, we're going to have to lynch the other tomorrow anyways, but the chance at clearing a full doc today is more appealing imo.

I suppose that's true. I will say weemad has claimed to have protected themselves twice, for whatever that means to anyone.

I'm of the opinion I would rather lynch the scummier one first.

Sorian

Banned
So you keeping your vote on me Sorian? Not jumpin to one of the trains?

What kind of neutral takes sides?

I mean I'll break a tie if you really need me to.

Or are you asking for my opinion? I actually think Zipped is the scum member at this point. Wee is playing about as contrarian as she possible can but that's her m.o. to the letter so no real surprise there. The first self protect was by Nudull and I believe that falls in line with newbie town. I haven't really been following much but Wee only protected herself once more? That's probably the only weird thing. Meanwhile Zipped is claiming only poison doc for the one time poison has happened.

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zippedpinhead (4)
weemadarthur 3303
Fat4all 3508
Faddy 3511
Flame_AC 3515

weemadarthur (4)
Faddy 3239 3339
Penguin 3241
Zippedpinhead 3242
Bronx-Man 3279 3518
Fat4all 3285 3393
Timeaisis 3364 3376
Timeaisis 3403
Fireblend 3509

Flame_AC (2)
AbsolutBro 3352
Sorian 3432

Faddy (0): AbsolutBro 3253 3352

Fireblend (0): Flame_AC 3453 3478

No active vote for Day 6: Bronx-Man (has previously voted), Lone_Prodigy

Day 6 ends:
red_1495148400.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

Faddy

Banned

Or are you asking for my opinion? I actually think Zipped is the scum member at this point. Wee is playing about as contrarian as she possible can but that's her m.o. to the letter so no real surprise there. The first self protect was by Nudull and I believe that falls in line with newbie town. I haven't really been following much but Wee only protected herself once more? That's probably the only weird thing. Meanwhile Zipped is claiming only poison doc for the one time poison has happened.

What I will say about Zipped's poison doc claim is that it was only bread crumbed after Flush died. So maybe he took the gamble that there was no poison doc in the game to give himself a useful role.

He even misunderstood the number of shots Flush had. With his 2nd lightning rod shot in use he would not have been able to be successfully targeted by a poison doc on Night 3.

What I will say about Zipped's poison doc claim is that it was only bread crumbed after Flush died. So maybe he took the gamble that there was no poison doc in the game to give himself a useful role.

He even misunderstood the number of shots Flush had. With his 2nd lightning rod shot in use he would not have been able to be successfully targeted by a poison doc on Night 3.

No, that is not how it went down at all.

I breadcrumbed my poison role as soon as it was revealed that someone got poisoned. Look at my claim post. My contention is that flush must have used his second shot the night I tried to save him.

No sweetums, that's a lie Timeasis is telling.
He swears he reads the thread, but is constantly missing information provided in this very thread. I have stopped believing it could be accidental.

No, that is not how it went down at all.

I breadcrumbed my poison role as soon as it was revealed that someone got poisoned. Look at my claim post. My contention is that flush must have used his second shot the night I tried to save him.

Why on earth would he do that, if he knew using his role would make him untargetable though? It makes no sense.

Timeaisis

No sweetums, that's a lie Timeasis is telling.
He swears he reads the thread, but is constantly missing information provided in this very thread. I have stopped believing it could be accidental.

Oh, come on. I'm going by what you've been saying all along. You have claimed to have protected yourself N2 and then yesterday you said you'd protect yourself again overnight. That's two. That's where I got it.

If it's wrong, please correct it. You haven't provided that information, so I'm going by what I'm hearing from you.

You keep trying your hand at catching me in some kind of gotcha, when it's literally stemming from you not sharing everything and calling me out by trying to parse the information you've provided with what I know.

Why don't you just clarify it right now, how about that. Because clearly Sorian now believe it as well.

Of course I didn't ACTUALLY broadcast my save target beforehand. I'm not an idiot.

Try reading my posts if you want to see it.

I don't feel the need to worry about what the scum team or neutrals think of me, they are lying scum anyway. Town can also go back and read my posts, I'm about sick of doing all the work in the game.

Night 2 was nudull, who isn't me. We don't play anything alike. Yes, nudull self protected N2. Stop conflating us.

Timeaisis

Well, *you* still protected yourself N2. I know it wasn't literally you, but it was our doctor (you, presumably).

So you admit that you just said you were protecting yourself for fun, huh? And then elsewhere you clarify that you did not actually protect yourself and did so on somewhere else?

I assume you are referring to this post:

I said to retro that my time in gafia will result in people getting better at playing town. He was not exactly sanguine at my chances of success. But, here is my attempt to get you people to THINK for YOURSELVES instead of just listening to loud people.

This thunderdome is between Batmite and [No Name]. Mafia is the Bat Family.

I did not self target. It would have been pointless.

02. [m] That Dude John - New - CET - Replaced by Lone_Prodigy Day 2
04. [they] Nudull - EDT - Replaced by weemadarthur
05. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6
06. [m] MickD - CST - Replaced by Bronx-Man Day 2
10. [m] Terrabyte20xx - CST - Replaced by Flame_AC Night 1
11. [m] TheWorthyEdge - CST - Replaced by Penguin Night 1
13. [m] Timeaisis - CST
14. [m] AbsolutBro - EST
15. [m] Faddy - BST
17. [m] Fat4all - EST
21. [m] Sorian - PST
24. [m] Zippedpinhead - CDT

12 left
1 certainly neutral
2 certainly mafia, more likely 3

Wee shares role name, unknown mafia likely [ Lone Prodigy ] or Faddy counterclaim it. Zipped cannot since sorian confirmed his user name. Faddy can claim his earlier spurious claim was never meant to be believed, either way town wants to believe it because....reasons?

Result:
Town kills wee. Day six
7 town, maybe 8 - 3 to 5 not town
Night 6
Zipped poison someone
Mafia night kill with no protect

6 town, maybe 7 - 3 t 5 not town
Day 7
town lynches a scum, zipped or whoever counterclaimed my role name

5-6 town, 2 to 3 not town
Night 7
poisoned person dies
Mafia shoots town
sorian shoots again

2-3 town. 3-4 not town.
you lose. In the night.

Since I am town, giving my role name is now playing against my own win condition. I shan't.

If you vote for me, you are voting that [nameless] is more likely to be mafia than [batmite].
a vote for wee is a statement that you believe the mafia team set up an "incompetent" doctor ploy on day two, entrusted it to the replacement, and now supports that replacement putting their own life on the line without them asking for a modkill for playing against the wincon.
Where you say you didn't self target, but never told anyone who you did target. So, sorry, I guess I was mistaken, but, again, you don't have to be so obtuse about everything.

I you say one thing one place, and another somewhere else, yeah it's not uncommon for people to be working on wrong information.

Timeaisis

Here's my thing:

It makes more sense to have 1 poison doc + 1 reviver (effectively a doc)
than
1 regular doc (w/ poison curing) + 1 reviver (who again, is effectively a doc)

But I will grant everyone that the whole poison effect is a huge uncertainty at this point in the game. It could've been a isolated thing, which a poison doc doesn't make sense for (as much, at least).

weemad your role does call out that you can cure poison, does it not?

Well, *you* still protected yourself N2. I know it wasn't literally you, but it was our doctor (you, presumably).

So you admit that you just said you were protecting yourself for fun, huh? And then elsewhere you clarify that you did not actually protect yourself and did so on somewhere else?

I assume you are referring to this post:

Where you say you didn't self target, but never told anyone who you did target. So, sorry, I guess I was mistaken, but, again, you don't have to be so obtuse about everything.

I you say one thing one place, and another somewhere else, yeah it's not uncommon for people to be working on wrong information.
Hey LOOK you FOUND it! Good boy.

First post of the day, where it belongs. [er..it was the first, right?]

Lol at the bolded. What do you reckon your chances are at getting that information out of me, EVEN IF you can convince all my silly teammates that telling the scum team openly who they should target the next night is a good idea?

As for your next post, I answered that question completely unambiguously too. Go fetch the relevant post and stop asking me to repeat myself.

Top Bottom