• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Faddy

Banned
You're literally turning Sorian into a kingmaker and you're somehow fine with it, when there's a clear alternative that prevents it.

Look I already explained why you are scum. If we believe you it means Time's power essentially granted Scum 2 free kills with the cage match and their night kill. I see no way Time is scum if all 4 cage match participants are town.

Fat4all

Banned
I know it's role madness, but there being both a neutral cop and a town cop, as well as Time's ability being given to a scum, both seem kind of odd.

Fireblend

Banned
But what do I gain by lying? It would be a purely "lol suckers!" move for no reason. I like to give neutrals a good name, not a bad one.

What does this even mean. You like to win, that's it.

And I know what red checks I got. Again, if I was scum trying to get someone else lynched there were plenty of better targets out there for that.

Sorian

Banned
What does this even mean. You like to win, that's it.

And I know what red checks I got. Again, if I was scum trying to get someone else lynched there were plenty of better targets out there for that.

I have an established pattern of going out of my way to delay my win to help a neutral win. You are also well aware that is aided with town much more than I should have in NX.

Timeaisis

How bout we just lynch Time?

Posts like these lead me to believe you either aren't paying attention or you have been coasting scum the entire game.

Faddy has pointed this out like twenty times. Lynching Fireblend and then having Sorian shoot me works best. If you lynch me today and Fireblend turns out to be lying (he is), Sorian now can't shoot him because it means Fireblend is indeed batman. So Sorian shoots someone else, who may or may not be scum, Sorian wins, scum kills another town, and now we're at 2v2 and we lose. So you are either willing to risk the whole game on me being scum, you just aren't paying attention, or your scum yourself trying desperately to save Fire.

Hey Fire, who are you green checks again? Faddy, Bronx, Fat and Penguin, right?

For the record, now that I know Fireblend is scum, I think it's Fire and Bronx scumteam. After Sorian shoots me tonight, keep that in mind.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, it makes sense to lynch Fire today. Even if we're wrong it gives us a lot of info.

Vote: Fireblend

No it doesn't make sense and it doesn't give you more info than what I've already given you. Please, at least someone refute my suggestion, not just agree with Sorian because of some presumed neutral goodwill.

Sorian

Banned
We're one away so I'd like to remind whoever the last scum is, killing me is a fast track to a loss since you'd need two mislynches to win. You're definitely in a bad spot but don't make it worse out of spite.

franconp

Day 8 votes

timeaisis (1)
fireblend 3653 (3714)
bronx-man 3654

fireblend (4)
timeaisis 3657
sorian 3710
faddy 3713
lone_prodigy 3760

sorian (1)
faddy 3669 (3682)
fireblend 3714

Day 8 Begins

red_1495753200.png

Majority is 5.

I'm probably the last neutral fan out there, but if we can end the game tonight, then it's​ worth a shot.

And even without the red check there's evidence against Fire. The weird check on weemad, for one. His continued survival, for another. It does seem odd to have a scum cop and neutral cop in this game, but it happens.

Besides, the number of remaining players is small enough that barely anyone else needs to be checked. So from a utility perspective, we don't really need a cop anymore.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't understand why you don't like this plan. If you are town all we have to do is trust Sorian to shoot Time and we win.

Fireblend dies, flip town. Time dies flips scum, scum kill, Sorian leaves.

We get confirmed greenchecks on Penguin, Bronx, Fat and Me. Leaving only L_P as non checked and clearly scum.

This makes so little sense now that I re-read it. "If Sorian is lying about you being scum then you should totally trust him to be on town's side and shoot Time tonight!".

Bronx-Man

Banned
So what happens if FB flips town, Sorian lies and kills someone other than Time and scumTime kills another player?

No one is considering that possibility?

Sorian

Banned
So what happens if FB flips town, Sorian lies and kills someone other than Time and scumTime kills another player?

No one is considering that possibility?

The possibility is there and everyone is aware of it but most are also just wanting Fire to actually defend himself instead of trying to pass the buck to me (like you are lol). Fire has no reason to be trying to get me lynched, he has a straight confirmation at scum which is better than even I can claim because while it's extremely unlikely that my kill was stopped in another way, we are still in role madness. He's all about self preservation at this point.

Also, again, why do I care about swerving tonight. The majority wants Time dead, even Time is fine dying. I don't give a fuck, as long as two people die tonight, I'm out.

Bronx-Man

Banned
While you are here Bronx, why didn't you vote on Day 6? You were in the thread with just over half an hour to go, the vote was tied. Please explain.
I had to run errands at the last second and missed out on the vote.

Now let's count up.

There's 8 of us left. We've already killed 3 scum and one neutral was killed. There is another neutral among us. I doubt that in a 24 player game there's 5 scum and 2 neutrals, so that would mean there's 1 scum left. If we lynch the right scum today, the game ends immediately with 7 players left and town wins.

Game ends today with 7 players and town wins.

You know who doesn't win? Sorian. Who needs 5 players left to win.

So I ask, what possible reason would Sorian have to help us lynch correctly today?

Bronx-Man

Banned
My greater point is this: Sorian and Fireblend both know who the last scum is - Timeaisis. Fire knows that if we lynch him, we win and go home. Sorian knows that if Time is lynched, he automatically loses. That's why he doesn't want Time lynched today. He needs one more night to buy him and scum some time so they can pull off their kills, Sorian wins, and Town is basically shot in the foot.

We can't let that happen. We have to hit Time NOW, not "let Sorian take care of him tonight".

Newsflash! Sorian can't be trusted! No matter what he tells you, he literally does not have town's best interests at heart. Fire, put your vote back on Timeaisis now, PLEASE.

Faddy

Banned
I had to run errands at the last second and missed out on the vote.

Now let's count up.

There's 8 of us left. We've already killed 3 scum and one neutral was killed. There is another neutral among us. I doubt that in a 24 player game there's 5 scum and 2 neutrals, so that would mean there's 1 scum left. If we lynch the right scum today, the game ends immediately with 7 players left and town wins.

Game ends today with 7 players and town wins.

You know who doesn't win? Sorian. Who needs 5 players left to win.

So I ask, what possible reason would Sorian have to help us lynch correctly today?

There is definitely 2 scum left. I'm not buying 3 scum and a secret partner. Not enough imo.

Could there be another neutral? Maybe. Perhaps Penguin is neutral, win a certain number of bets to win. But then it is currently 4-2-2. If we go with lynching Fire and Time, one is definitely scum, Sorian leaves and scum kill leaves us 2-1-1. Maybe Penguin wins, leaving us 2 v 1.

Still think we are proceeding in the best way.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Not answering the questions.

You realise if you are town you are doing scum's job for them while Lone_Prodigy is just sitting tight.

Why are you sure there is only 1 scum left?

4 scum, 1 hidden partner, and 2 neutrals is almost 30% of the game roster. Town would basically be screwed from the start.

Faddy

Banned
The Neutral team scum hunts up to a certain point, though.

Not to mention the plethora of protective roles we have. Verelios reviver, Nudull/weemad doctor, Flush bodyguard, Penguin gamble Bulletproof, Bronx natural BP, Batsnacks item giver (BP vest).

Sorian

Banned
4 scum, 1 hidden partner, and 2 neutrals is almost 30% of the game roster. Town would basically be screwed from the start.

This is a dumb point and we both know it. Ignoring the very specific task the neutral team had, trying to pretend that it's scum+neutral vs. town always is being purposely dense.

Fireblend

Banned
I agree. Context is key, and in this one trusting the neutral means agreeing to letting them decide who wins the game, and since Sorian is shamelessly lying about me now, guess who I think he's siding with.

Sorian

Banned
I agree. Context is key, and in this one trusting the neutral means agreeing to letting them decide who wins the game, and since Sorian is shamelessly lying about me now, guess who I think he's siding with.

I'm not lying. There is a minute chance you are town and that's fine but the doctor is dead, two roleblockers are dead, the person handing out BPs is dead, and half of those don't even matter because I got refunded a shot which means I either didn't act (roleblocked) or I targeted Batman. I'm not siding with anyone, I gave my info for a price and have accepted the rest of the terms with it. Sides don't matter to me at this point. I was here to equalize the teams and that's what I did.

Sorian

Banned
Bronx's assertion is funny now that I'm sitting thinking on it. Why does it matter if Time is the only scum even if I do decide to be a dick for no reason? You'd still just be 3v1 tomorrow in that case and Fire would be dead with a red check on Time. Town wins automatically anyway. At least Fire is fear mongering from a position that actually makes slight sense.

Faddy

Banned
Bronx's assertion is funny now that I'm sitting thinking on it. Why does it matter if Time is the only scum even if I do decide to be a dick for no reason? You'd still just be 3v1 tomorrow in that case and Fire would be dead with a red check on Time. Town wins automatically anyway. At least Fire is fear mongering from a position that actually makes slight sense.

You know what Sorian, I will let you live the dream. I think you should shoot Bronx. He is far too compromised now with these dumb arguments. He will almost 100% be lynched tomorrow. At least Time vs L_P will have a real argument.

Sorian

Banned
If it's all the same, I'm happier with the Time shot. Time is a good enough compromise where he might be scum but probably isn't and I don't really want to be the one to end the game because I get screwed here at the end if scum misses their shot for whatever reason and I'm left with the last scum member's head on my plate.

Bronx is who I shoot if I do actually want to kill probably scum and end the game.

Faddy

Banned
If it's all the same, I'm happier with the Time shot. Time is a good enough compromise where he might be scum but probably isn't and I don't really want to be the one to end the game because I get screwed here at the end if scum misses their shot for whatever reason and I'm left with the last scum member's head on my plate.

Bronx is who I shoot if I do actually want to kill probably scum and end the game.

Fair enough. Kill Time.

Bronx will get lynched tomorrow.

Sorian

Banned
Man, I'd really appreciate it if I didn't get shot out of spite tonight. Just throwing that out there. Be smart and shoot Fat please.

Top Bottom