• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Sawneeks

Banned
Actually Sophia, Worm, I'm going to get back to you both tomorrow. I've been trying to write a coherent response and it's just not happening tonight, sorry. If you reeeaaalllly want something I'll try and explain my thought process the best i can but

honestly i'm probably just going to go to bed tbh and i'll just respond in the morning when i'm not exhausted

Is this the part where I pull a Darryl and start yelling about how you're lying about what I said?

.....actually yeah, go for it. Rereading that I have no idea how I came to the complete opposite conclusion of what you actually said. ( ._.)

my bad

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Ourobolus & kingkitty (8)
Sorian 2588 2930
franconp 2589
Royal_Flush 2592
nin1000 2595
Natiko 2599
Dr. Worm 2600
Sawneeks 2878
hey_monkey 2952
Nomadic Sparks 3021

hey_monkey & Royal_Flush (2)
Ty4on 2946
Ourobolus 3105

Sawneeks & Sorian (0): Ourobolus 2597 3105

Muffin1611 & Samuraischnecke (0): Muffin1611 2743 2753

No active vote for Day 3: AbsolutBro, acohrs, CrimsonFist, Darryl, Karkador, kingkitty, rac, Sophia, Sorian (has previously voted), StarSketch, Trigger, Xbro

Day 3 Postcount: AbsolutBro 6, acohrs 4, CrimsonFist 20, Darryl 18, Dr. Worm 40, franconp 42, hey_monkey 47, Karkador 8, kingkitty 18, Natiko 51, nin1000 4, Nomadic Sparks 12, Ourobolus 189, rac 5, Royal_Flush 14, Sawneeks 23, Sophia 38, Sorian 50, StarSketch 6, Trigger 7, Ty4on 40, Xbro 6

Names in italics joined in the middle of this current day phase

Day 3 ends:
blu_1502823600.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

Sophia

Actually Sophia, Worm, I'm going to get back to you both tomorrow. I've been trying to write a coherent response and it's just not happening tonight, sorry. If you reeeaaalllly want something I'll try and explain my thought process the best i can but

honestly i'm probably just going to go to bed tbh and i'll just respond in the morning when i'm not exhausted

Noooted!

Natiko

Banned
.....actually yeah, go for it. Rereading that I have no idea how I came to the complete opposite conclusion of what you actually said. ( ._.)

my bad
Had you used it as support for a greater argument I may have been more concerned. Since (at least for bits that involved me) it was an outlier I'm inclined to think it was just what happens when you try to summarize so much in just a few posts lol

Ourobolus

Banned
lots of love to you too, man
totally legit transcript from our chat

"YO Kitty!"
"Kitty stop watching anime and get in here!"
"FINE, WHAT"
"We need a fake claim."
"Why?"
"Duh, we need to survive one more night to check Sorian. I'm pretty sure his role is something sexy. Or at least disturbing."
"Oh, ok." *puts down sandwich* "How about Mailmen?"
"Isn't that like easily verifiable?"
"Oh yeah. Oh I know we can just claim roleblocked!"
"Twice?"
"It'a brilliant! They're a bunch of suckers anyway."
"Touché."

Ourobolus

Banned
Hey Ouro - do you believe both groups you said you targeted are telling the truth about not receiving the notes?
I am just as surprised as everyone else that I would be roleblocked twice. Once made sense and I even said as much due to the D1 chatter.

I honestly don't know.

Natiko

Banned
I am just as surprised as everyone else that I would be roleblocked twice. Once made sense and I even said as much due to the D1 chatter.

I honestly don't know.
If you had to pick which was most likely though what would you pick:

A) Both telling the truth
B) Fran lying
C) Star lying
D) Both lying

Ourobolus

Banned
If you had to pick which was most likely though what would you pick:

A) Both telling the truth
B) Fran lying
C) Star lying
D) Both lying

This is really rolling the dice but I'd say between A and C? Depends on if you find the hooker and it explicitly mentions something about the Virgin in the role PM.

Ourobolus

Banned
Wouldn't it be obvious that there was a virgin if there was a hooker?
I've been saying that. That wasn't my point.

If the hooker's role PM implies the existence that they can disable the Virgin (in Pineapple pizza there was a similar role that didn't mention anything in the scum role PM about activating the townie being confirmed if they targeted them), then I don't know why they would sit on me twice unless they thought I was a doc or cop or something.

Sophia

I've been saying that. That wasn't my point.

If the hooker's role PM implies the existence that they can disable the Virgin (in Pineapple pizza there was a similar role that didn't mention anything in the scum role PM about activating the townie being confirmed if they targeted them), then I don't know why they would sit on me twice unless they thought I was a doc or cop or something.

... I'm never living that down am I? ;_;

Sorian

Banned
I've been at work but poked in here and saw Sawneeks doing a Charlie Day conspiracy gif in our chat.

For the record, I still don't see the Crimson/Sophia scum angle either but she swears she's on to something.

Nothing really new past that, she's doing better of posting this day phase since she has more time than me, we're pretty much on the same page with the rest of her reads (except Darryl, she's cooled on him more than I have).

So yeah, I'll try to check back in later.

Darryl

Banned
Vote: Ourobolus

I am too lazy to try to dig through and post reads now that I know we are all going to be here tomorrow from no night Lynch. Would rather have the flip first.

acohrs

I don't see it as busing. I think the votes tumbled up, and flat was unable to create a better defense on the spot. He was mostly waiting for Kitsune to help fill in the gaps. I'd think they'd be more prepared or something.

Maybe they weren't contributing in scumchat so when heat came up, they just turned on them. Scum did that in the very first game I played and the town trust it built up they rode until endgame

acohrs

Maybe they weren't contributing in scumchat so when heat came up, they just turned on them. Scum did that in the very first game I played and the town trust it built up they rode until endgame

Not saying it's the case here but giving my two pennies

kingkitty

based on my dank quote analysis of the scum pair that I posted earlier. through process of elimination and a team with not a lot of friction with scum pair...I shall pick

vote: hey_monkey

may hey_flush burn in a really hot volcano. like super hot volcano.

alright I'll see you all in Day 4, believe in me that believes in you.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Ourobolus & kingkitty (9) 3 more votes to majority
Sorian 2588 2930
franconp 2589
Royal_Flush 2592
nin1000 2595
Natiko 2599
Dr. Worm 2600
Sawneeks 2878
hey_monkey 2952
Nomadic Sparks 3021
Darryl 3267

hey_monkey & Royal_Flush (3)
Ty4on 2946
Ourobolus 3105
kingkitty 3276

Sawneeks & Sorian (0): Ourobolus 2597 3105

Muffin1611 & Samuraischnecke (0): Muffin1611 2743 2753

No active vote for Day 3: AbsolutBro, acohrs, CrimsonFist, Karkador, rac, Sophia, Sorian (has previously voted), StarSketch, Trigger, Xbro

Day 3 Postcount: AbsolutBro 6, acohrs 7, CrimsonFist 20, Darryl 20, Dr. Worm 41, franconp 42, hey_monkey 48, Karkador 8, kingkitty 20, Natiko 54, nin1000 4, Nomadic Sparks 12, Ourobolus 195, rac 5, Royal_Flush 14, Sawneeks 23, Sophia 40, Sorian 52, StarSketch 6, Trigger 7, Ty4on 41, Xbro 7

Names in italics joined in the middle of this current day phase

Day 3 ends:
blu_1502823600.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

Trigger

It's a possibility that I can't ignore, I guess.

Trigger

based on my dank quote analysis of the scum pair that I posted earlier. through process of elimination and a team with not a lot of friction with scum pair...I shall pick

vote: hey_monkey

may hey_flush burn in a really hot volcano. like super hot volcano.

alright I'll see you all in Day 4, believe in me that believes in you.

Volcanoes are no fun at all.

And what does that mean to you?

I'm not sure. It makes me want to believe them, on the one hand, but I have a hard time trusting my gut because my gut doesn't want to fake-kill people I like. The other part of me wonders why townies with only a mildly useful role would want so badly to stay alive. In the end, I have to lean on evidence and for me the biggest evidence is Ouro's cageyness around the role and some inconsistencies there, but I generally like to put observations out there to see how other people treat them, because I enjoy watching people analyze.

Hmm. Has this, in your experience, ever just been a general strategy? An early vote on a scummate by an experienced scum who just let it sit just in case there could be townie points earned?

Sorian

Banned
I'm not sure. It makes me want to believe them, on the one hand, but I have a hard time trusting my gut because my gut doesn't want to fake-kill people I like. The other part of me wonders why townies with only a mildly useful role would want so badly to stay alive. In the end, I have to lean on evidence and for me the biggest evidence is Ouro's cageyness around the role and some inconsistencies there, but I generally like to put observations out there to see how other people treat them, because I enjoy watching people analyze.

Hmm. Has this, in your experience, ever just been a general strategy? An early vote on a scummate by an experienced scum who just let it sit just in case there could be townie points earned?

Also, yes, I've done this. Twice if I remember right.

acohrs

Understand your first point, but I see similarities here to our other game together when Blarg nearly convinced us that he was a neutral because we didn't hammer him and let him keep talking.

To the second point, no, usually one implemented based on actual happenings.

acohrs

going to leave this here

vote:kingkitty

don't think a vote on anybody else will matter right now and I am interested in ouro and kitty's flip besides the fact that if they live then doubt will always surround them, so let's go

Sorian

Banned
VOTE: Ourobolus

I'll put it within the hammer, not staying awake for today's day end, don't think it's really needed. Even after all the fluff and calm from this day phase, I'd still be surprised at a town flip tbqh.

unvote

I just had a theory I probably won't disclose until I have answer to the above. I think 1 or 2 unlucky potshots in that matter could jeopardize Town PRs. So I don't want a turbo before Ouro answered. Or made it clear he won't answer because why would Scum Ouro help me out here?

Understand your first point, but I see similarities here to our other game together when Blarg nearly convinced us that he was a neutral because we didn't hammer him and let him keep talking.
That's exactly what I mean. I'm a secret softie and I know that can impact my judgment. And in that game, I had the evidence and almost let feelings derail me. So now I'm trying to rely on analysis and evidence and see analysis from others. Gut readings are well and good but I can't trust mine. For me, the evidence indicates Ouro had something to hide and what does town have to hide? Unless they are a different PR I can't think of a reason to obfuscate.

acohrs

That's exactly what I mean. I'm a secret softie and I know that can impact my judgment. And in that game, I had the evidence and almost let feelings derail me. So now I'm trying to rely on analysis and evidence and see analysis from others. Gut readings are well and good but I can't trust mine. For me, the evidence indicates Ouro had something to hide and what does town have to hide? Unless they are a different PR I can't think of a reason to obfuscate.

Think you have all that you need to know what to do and think then

FYI, this is what i was trying to post:

Process of elimination combined with the unlikelihood that Ouro would have been roleblocked two nights in a row when scum likely knows a virgin exists due to the hooker role. The votes and activity of several boats at this point have me Town reading them while Star has been flustered at best and non-existent at worst.
So then you believe he is the PR he says he is, AND think he is town, yes? Not trying to put words in your mouth, I just wanted to clarify.

Star did some weird stuff (the rando read of Dr. Fran) and has been very noncommittal, but was like 3 or 4 on my scum list and I'm also on campus away from my 392593 tabs so I can offer more specifics when/if we need.
Not really necessary. I can see why lurking around and such is being scumread.

Thanks back button.

Since I only hinted at actually asking: OuroKitty, how does your Mailman / Messenger power target? Do you pick a single player, or do you pick a couple? Does it say if they get a PM, or if Burb posts in their lover chat?

Natiko

Banned
FYI, this is what i was trying to post:

So then you believe he is the PR he says he is, AND think he is town, yes? Not trying to put words in your mouth, I just wanted to clarify.

Not really necessary. I can see why lurking around and such is being scumread.

Thanks back button.
Uh, no? I was specifically asked what would I do if Ouro flips town. The question inherently tells me to just assume he will flip town. I still think he's scum and I think he's lying about his PR.

Top Bottom