• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Ourobolus

Banned
Nonsense. Some characters in this kind of mafia are indicative of their role in the game.

An if you felt it didn't mean a goddamn thing why does it appear you voted to put pressure on me to reveal my name.

My vote for you has nothing to do with actually wanting you to name claim so much that you danced around a claim for literally no reason.

It's a guess like everything else in this game, dude. You're getting a little too worked up.

Yeah ok

Kawl_USC

If that's the case, who's be next? Kalor, ouro, or splinter?

Uh, what is this? What a weird choice for the next discussion leader. Mister 16 post Kalor? I can only assume this was a fuck up, but why is Kalor on zeemumu's mind as a discussion leader?

If zee flips scum, I'd be interested in Kalor.

Kawl_USC

hot damn, well that was well timed

when you have the time i wouldnt mind hearing your thoughts on the second half of yesterday, and the first bit of today as well

I'm starting from today fresh, I'll get back around to looking at the end of the day after I checked out, I read it in passing, but not that deep dive shit.

It sucks that Zipped was town, and sad that Ty4on died. I'm really not sue who to target next, and ask that if your town to try and defend yourself in every way that's not claiming.

I'll try to get in here more before day end, but I might be dropping out. I just started a new job, on top on 15 credit hours, and I'm not sure I'll have the time. I apologize, I hadn't planned on that when I joined the game. I will try though.

Kawl_USC

If we want to go with the theory Ty4on was onto something. Here is his town to scum ranking list

We know Zipped was wrong. So does anyone have thoughts into the next group up?

A post to remember if Faddy ends up flipping scum. Would move the group of 4 into town lean for me.

Sorian

Banned
tenor.gif

hounding me like a dog in heat, this one

Nothing super interesting to comment on since my last check in except this. Is there more to this other than a chin scratch? You vote Zeusy in the next post anyway so why quote that someone is interested in you and actually followed up with a vote?

Fat4all

Banned
Nothing super interesting to comment on since my last check in except this. Is there more to this other than a chin scratch? You vote Zeusy in the next post anyway so why quote that someone is interested in you and actually followed up with a vote?

that vote was suppose to run in a post before the chin scratch post, mind, but i still find Dr. Worms reads outside of them diggin' on me to not be out of the ordinary

just pointing it out should be enough for Dr. Worm to 'shit or get off the pot' when it comes to vaguely complain about me 'feeling off', and actually produce proper arguments against me

if not then they are just filling space on a scum read they havent actually thought out

Fat4all

Banned
just as a note, im gonna be gone for a good stretch of time tomorrow, im getting some surgery done (nothing serious), it's gonna keep me out of it for a good bit

ill try to check in whenever I can to catch up, and I should be back to 100% well before the end of today

CCS

Banned
I'm not feeling great about zee, a lot of strange play and little things that don't quite make sense so far.

acohrs

I'm not feeling great about zee, a lot of strange play and little things that don't quite make sense so far.

not sure my old darling, zee strikes me as just inexperienced town rather than master blaster plaster scum.

Also, you've been quiet yourself old darling, usually mornings are your bread and butter

zeemumu

Penguin and Nomad, you two still need to fix your votes. It's throwing off the counter and making me wonder if bronx is so scummy that he in fact made the list twice.

*Splinter

Yes, just come forward with it, not play 20 questions, it's also so vague that he could have just been roleblocked too which is worthless to tell us this early imo.
It's a good thing this was still being discussed because I actually completely forgot about it.

I can't vote today.

*Splinter

I just want to hear from zeusy, think ive scared him into silence though.

Must admit im surprised swamped didnt jump on faddys vote on me after yesterdays read. Bit of a heel turn from her
He responded on the last page, did you ever explain which of the vote-movers were scum?

acohrs

He responded on the last page, did you ever explain which of the vote-movers were scum?

oh he did, my bad, missed his posts. This was more just trying to get a gauge on zeusy based on his answer but since im bored, let's dig:

there's 2 interesting movements in votes in D1. First, a few votes on Faddy pile up in the 200s, get 2 votes and is vote leader. Then zipped and zeusy both receive 2 votes in the 300s. So now we have a tie between faddy, zeusy, and zipped.

Zeusy now gets voted by ccs to become vote leader. Ty now votes zipped and both zeusy and zipped are tied. Dr Worm votes for Zeusy making them the vote leader again but then quickly switches back to fat4all. Zeusy and Zipped are tied until Splinter then votes Zipped to make them the vote leader. CCS then moves from voting for zeusy to zipped.

We now know ty was town, so him tying the vote wasn't to protect zeusy as scum.

Onto you, one possible motive for your vote on zipped could be you being scum protecting zeusy. It would also explain why you were the one to alert me to zeusy's reply to me that I missed. farfetched though.

CCS though moving from zeusy to zipped is interesting, makes me think that he could be scum and knows are both town and doesn't mind which wagon succeeds. Could have changed vote as he was worried about a tie, as scum wouldnt want a tie as a townie doesn't die then. But as townie, could also not want a tie as a dayphase goes by without any confirmation.

With all that said, wouldn't mind seeing CCS' flip

*Splinter

oh he did, my bad, missed his posts. This was more just trying to get a gauge on zeusy based on his answer but since im bored, let's dig:

there's 2 interesting movements in votes in D1. First, a few votes on Faddy pile up in the 200s, get 2 votes and is vote leader. Then zipped and zeusy both receive 2 votes in the 300s. So now we have a tie between faddy, zeusy, and zipped.

Zeusy now gets voted by ccs to become vote leader. Ty now votes zipped and both zeusy and zipped are tied. Dr Worm votes for Zeusy making them the vote leader again but then quickly switches back to fat4all. Zeusy and Zipped are tied until Splinter then votes Zipped to make them the vote leader. CCS then moves from voting for zeusy to zipped.

Onto you, one possible motive for your vote on zipped could be you being scum protecting zeusy. It would also explain why you were the one to alert me to zeusy's reply to me that I missed. farfetched though.

CCS though moving from zeusy to zipped is interesting, makes me think that he could be scum and knows are both town and doesn't mind which wagon succeeds. Could have changed vote as he was worried about a tie, as scum wouldnt want a tie as a townie doesn't die then. But as townie, could also not want a tie as a dayphase goes by without any confirmation.

Hmm, CCS' only justification for that vote was to avoid a tie, but then town should want to avoid a tie as much as (if not more than) scum.

Is there anything else making you want to see CCS' flip?

acohrs

Hmm, CCS' only justification for that vote was to avoid a tie, but then town should want to avoid a tie as much as (if not more than) scum.

Is there anything else making you want to see CCS' flip?

Not really, grasping a bit today as I'm unsure which direction to go.

There are 4 players I'd be interested in their flips:

Swamped and Faddy - for self-preservation reasons, curious to see why they're targeting me, scum targeting a townie or just town scumhunting? Unsure

CCS - my old darling, flip would be interesting just to see whether they switched from zeusy to zipped for scum not wanting a tie purposes or town not wanting a tie purposes. That's all I have at this stage.

Zeusy - initial gut feeling is inexperienced townie, but on the flip side, inexperience and nervousness could just as well mean they're inexperienced scum. Trusting gut here.

Penguin - distrust of burb's silence based on experience. Wanted to see burb flip. Now replaced, penguin hasn't changed my view. Wouldn't mind seeing this flip either just to see whether initial gut feeling was right or wrong. Maybe an unfair opinion to penguin and burb, but gut is gut.

*Splinter

If there isn't threat of being modkilled, I want to see receipts.
It says I'm not allowed to vote. In red text.

I honestly doubt AB would modkill on a first offence, but he should, and I would, so I'm not going to break rules just to verify something.

Especially since it will presumably be collaborated/confirmed on later days anyway.

zeemumu

if zipped was pushed to protect zeusy then why not continue pushing faddy instead of zipped since he already had a few votes on him?

Sorian

Banned

Swamped and Faddy - for self-preservation reasons, curious to see why they're targeting me, scum targeting a townie or just town scumhunting? Unsure

CCS - my old darling, flip would be interesting just to see whether they switched from zeusy to zipped for scum not wanting a tie purposes or town not wanting a tie purposes. That's all I have at this stage.

Zeusy - initial gut feeling is inexperienced townie, but on the flip side, inexperience and nervousness could just as well mean they're inexperienced scum. Trusting gut here.

Penguin - distrust of burb's silence based on experience. Wanted to see burb flip. Now replaced, penguin hasn't changed my view. Wouldn't mind seeing this flip either just to see whether initial gut feeling was right or wrong. Maybe an unfair opinion to penguin and burb, but gut is gut.

A lot of these sound like you want to see flips for the hell of it and not because you have a hunch anyone is actually scum.

It says I'm not allowed to vote. In red text.

I honestly doubt AB would modkill on a first offence, but he should, and I would, so I'm not going to break rules just to verify something.

Especially since it will presumably be collaborated/confirmed on later days anyway.

That's why I asked if there was a threat! But fine.

Feels about the same as Infamous Mafia to me.

You mean the game where she was scum?

:thinking:

acohrs

if zipped was pushed to protect zeusy then why not continue pushing faddy instead of zipped since he already had a few votes on him?

think it's because faddy seemed more of a prod wagon rather than a viable town lynch target, but it's a good point

A lot of these sound like you want to see flips for the hell of it and not because you have a hunch anyone is actually scum.

You're not wrong there, grasping at straws a bit

Penguin

Penguin and Nomad, you two still need to fix your votes. It's throwing off the counter and making me wonder if bronx is so scummy that he in fact made the list twice.

Noted... stupid underlines

UNVOTE

Stupid question but can I unvote and revote in same thing or should that be two diff posts

*Splinter

Noted... stupid underlines

UNVOTE

Stupid question but can I unvote and revote in same thing or should that be two diff posts
You can cast multiple votes in the same post, only the last one will be counted.

You also don't need to unvote before placing a new one.

Faddy

Banned

I'm targeting you because I'm scum hunting. You have hounded zeusy for both days and talked past Swamped. If your Zeusy read is all gut it seems strange to pursue it so hard. You seem to be spreading your net wider now but again i don't like the heavy push onto an inexperienced player for no real reason.

Penguin again isn't contributing much, exactly the same as Arkham. And where is The Wizard. Useless if we replace 1 inactive player with another.

Swamped

Banned
Swamped is definitely laying lower than usual.

Sorry, that is not my intention, but I will be here today. I actually feel like I've been posting more than usual, but of course all this is subjective I guess.

I just want to hear from zeusy, think ive scared him into silence though.

Must admit im surprised swamped didnt jump on faddys vote on me after yesterdays read. Bit of a heel turn from her

Faddy's vote and reasoning definitely makes sense to me. But to be honest, you weren't actually my top scum read when Faddy made that vote. Ouro was, but I do want to re-read some stuff from this day phase. And if I wanted to vote for acohrs, it would be regardless of any other votes that are currently happening.

Seems like a good person to watch, although it seems he was totally absent in the latter part of the day. But why not mention other quiet players, like Kawl, Nomadic or Dr Worm?

Zee, you didn't answer my question btw? Why call out Penguin for quiet play when there are others who also fall into that category?

Swamped

Banned
So it seems a lot of people feel iffy about Zee, including Ouro, CCS, maybe Kawl (and maybe some others I missed). What is the reasoning for this? Is it solely because he speculated on how many scum members there are on D1 based on flavor, or are there other reasons?

Am I understanding wrong? Your gut thinks Zeusy is inexperienced town, and yet you are voting for him?

Swamped

Banned
Oh also, Splinter is likely town. The non-voting power sounds non-town aligned. I know there have been instances in the past where scum use their power on a teammate to check flavor and stuff, but with this particular power, why would they do so when it could really hinder their play (maybe scum votes are less important in the early game, but are still incredibly valuable if they need to save a teammate from lynch).

Anyway, whether this power is real or not will become apparent in the following day phases. For me, Splinter is off the table for today.

zeemumu

Zee, you didn't answer my question btw? Why call out Penguin for quiet play when there are others who also fall into that category?

Thought I did, sorry.

It's not the being inactive that I catch onto, it's the language used while being fairly inactive. You know, that language you use when you're trying to bail on a texting conversation but don't want to be rude so you start adding "haha" in everywhere

Kalor

Oh also, Splinter is likely town. The non-voting power sounds non-town aligned. I know there have been instances in the past where scum use their power on a teammate to check flavor and stuff, but with this particular power, why would they do so when it could really hinder their play (maybe scum votes are less important in the early game, but are still incredibly valuable if they need to save a teammate from lynch).

Anyway, whether this power is real or not will become apparent in the following day phases. For me, Splinter is off the table for today.

There's always the chance that the role is a neutral, even if it's unlikely.

Top Bottom