• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I found it pretty boring. I didn't laugh. From now on I'll only post in this thread when I actually like an episode, because recently I think I come off as a "hater" because I don't enjoy the majority of episodes.

Clydefrog

For the record, when I went to see Wicked with my (now ex) GF, I don't remember getting a blowjob after. But she did pay for the tickets... so maybe that was it?

I did get sex after Phantom, but I paid for those tickets.

Gui_PT

Clydefrog said:
For the record, when I went to see Wicked with my (now ex) GF, I don't remember getting a blowjob after. But she did pay for the tickets... so maybe that was it?

I did get sex after Phantom, but I paid for those tickets.

You have to play for the tickets, obviously. Must take a chick to Phantom, thanks for that.

Suairyu

Banned
Souldriver said:
Eh, I found it pretty boring. I didn't laugh. From now on I'll only post in this thread when I actually like an episode, because recently I think I come off as a "hater" because I don't enjoy the majority of episodes.
Most South Park these days is disappointing, but I thought this one was brilliant.

Quite possibly because I've been taking chicks to musicals for a long time.

But Spiderman just pushed it over the edge as incredible.

Enco

Wow.

This is the first episode that I remember that truly made me laugh out.

I used to watch the show because it was interesting but man that was amazing :lol

Jangocube

Banned
DeSo said:
"I'm trying to enjoy this musical with my granddaughter!"

"Oh you fucking pervert."

rofl

I loved that part too.

Such a great episode. Randy is slowly passing Cartman as my favorite South Park character.

undrtakr900 said:
I thought this episode was hilarious, but was the whole "spider-man scene" a reference to something?

I think it was a reference to the hilariously bad Spider-Man broadway show.

CassSept

I see I'm in minority here but on the whole I liked it the least of this half-season.
Bro Down was absolutely hilarious though, I couldn't suppress laughing from all the "bro"s throughout the episode and that scene was on a completely another level. I loved the ending scene too, but bro down was the definite highlight of the episode for me.

Dude Abides

Banned
Quality episode. Working in midtown and witnessing the Spiderman debacle unfold up close made this resonate. I also loved the way the vegan kid held his hands out as he skipped away from the Marsh's house.

Some more really good stuff. "They're bro's, Sharon. They hang out at Hooters." And yeah, the Spiderman bit was great.

I didn't think they had to kill off the vegan kid though.

MrHicks

Banned
the problem with southpark is that the episodes don't age well because of its topical nature

a reference to terra nova is not gonna work in 5 years
this is not gonna have the endless enjoyment people have with watching simpsons reruns forever

TheYanger

MrHicks said:
the problem with southpark is that the episodes don't age well because of its topical nature

a reference to terra nova is not gonna work in 5 years
this is not gonna have the endless enjoyment people have with watching simpsons reruns forever

So what? It'll still be funny to the people that enjoy it now, I find even the old topical episodes good because I liked them then. I imagine most people are the same way. The minute I turn into someone from 100 years in the future, I'll care about which one seems funnier at that time.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Timely comedy incoming!

1%

sp_1512_promo01.jpg

NEW YORK, October 31, 2011 One fat fourth grader is singled out when the Presidential Physical Fitness scores are announced in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "1%," premiering Wednesday, November 2 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The kids at South Park Elementary are being punished for Cartman's failings in the physical education department. What will Cartman do when they all gang up on him?

Clip: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/398503/preview-ganging-up-on-the-one-percent

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
These guys are on a roll this season. Details about Wednesday's episode on Monday means they had good ideas from the start.

teh_pwn said:
These guys are on a roll this season. Details about Wednesday's episode on Monday means they had good ideas from the start.

They've had a good 6-8 weeks to get the episode hammered out seeing that it seems to be taking on OWS. Gonna be interesting to see their views on it, they did do a bailout episode with "Margaritaville".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom