• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: One World |OT| Thread of Stupid Name, Promising Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
SURV_ONE_WORLD_logo.jpg

Premieres Wednesday, February 15 on CBS.

New cast has been announced, so time for a thread. Cast and info will be added shortly!

Meet the Cast

Cast:

Sabrina

100762_D000239bb.jpg

Jay

100762_D000005bb.jpg

Bill

100762_D000699bb.jpg

Monica

100762_D000063bb.jpg

Kim

100762_D001212bb.jpg

Matt

100762_D001037bb.jpg

Kat

100762_D000325bb.jpg

Alicia

100762_D000777bb.jpg

Nina

100762_D000953b.jpg

Greg

100762_D000857bb.jpg

Leif

100762_D000896bb.jpg

Troy

100762_D000170bb.jpg

Jonas

100762_D000488bb.jpg

Kourtney

100762_D001175bb.jpg

Colton

100762_D001074bb.jpg

Micheal

100762_D000559bb.jpg

Chelsea

100762_D000407bb.jpg

Christina

100762_D000621bb.jpg

EW Cast Gallery for those region locked out of the vids.

Season Info and Twists:

-Filmed in Upolu, Samoa.
-18 entirely new cast members (no returnees, no people named Hantz).
-The big twist that gives the season it's name is that both tribes will live in the same camp from the start. They must decide whether to share resources, shelters, rewards, etc.
-Like in Amazon and Vanuatu, the tribes will be divided by sex. Manono is the men, Salani is the women.
-Redemption Island is not returning for this season. When you're voted out, you're gone for good.
-"Do it Yourself Challenges" will be sprinkled throughout the season. One of these appeared in Samoa, where the tribes competed in a challenge where Jeff Probst was absent, forced to go off of provided instructions. This season, they will take place at the camp, and the tribes must run the challenges themselves. Also, the tribes will be able to utilize materials from the challenge in their camp.
-The Hidden Immunity Idol receives it's biggest change since being played before the votes are read. 2 Idols are hidden at camp, one for each tribe. However, when an idol is found, it cannot be used by the person who found it, and must be given to one person on the other tribe.

Kud Dukan

Excellent, no return players and no redemption island! Add that to the "twist" of everyone living on the same beach, and I think this has potential to be a great season. Hopefully the cast is a good one.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally, an all new cast. Should be a nice twist on the season.

Hopefully the all new cast is better than S21's cast. Soooo glad RI is gone. Worst idea the show has ever done mainly because it got rid of the amazing reward challenges. And I finally got around to watching the reunion show for last season so I'm all ready!

This season may fix all my issues with the last couple seasons. No Redemption Island, no returning cast, and hopefully the one camp thing puts an end to one tribe sticking together until the end. I'm really interested in how this one camp thing pans out.

I think the one camp idea is great. I was never a big fan of redemption island. I didn't mind exile island so much. I just hope the cast is good and fun to watch this season.

Patryn

It's funny, I was talking to my sister about Survivor before they announced this, and this was one of my ideas for how to handle what I called the "alliance problem."

Survivor has a central problem that once alliances are formed, the entire middle of the game often gets boring, as the bigger alliance systematically takes out the smaller alliance. It's now happened twice in a row, with minimum drama.

I proposed a single camp, but also random tribes, i.e. the group gets divided on the spot at a challenge, and the loser immediately goes to Tribal Council, with minimal time to strategize. That would help break up the power of any strong group, and really throw a wrench into player dynamics.

kirblar

It's funny, I was talking to my sister about Survivor before they announced this, and this was one of my ideas for how to handle what I called the "alliance problem."

Survivor has a central problem that once alliances are formed, the entire middle of the game often gets boring, as the bigger alliance systematically takes out the smaller alliance. It's now happened twice in a row, with minimum drama.

I proposed a single camp, but also random tribes, i.e. the group gets divided on the spot at a challenge, and the loser immediately goes to Tribal Council, with minimal time to strategize. That would help break up the power of any strong group, and really throw a wrench into player dynamics.
The problem was really Redemption Island. It encourages pagongings because you never know if a blindside victim might come back to haunt you.

Redemption Island would probably work in this format too, though- provided the two people were also on the same beach. Removes the jury tampering problem and introduces some pointless drama since the people getting voted out probably won't leave for another couple days.

Nice, seems like they decided to do a mostly young tribe this time. I have a feeling I already know the first one or two gone.

«þ»

Looking forward to this season. I kind of like the change to the Hidden Idols.

Hated Redemption Island (especially Rob's season - the most boring and predictable season in Survivor history).

Another reason for the pagongings is that it also got rid of reward challenges which often led to splits in alliances. They also need to do more tribal switch ups, mutinies... I can't even remember the last time they did one (Gabon maybe?)!

I like this idea a lot. Survivor gets too boring once the merge happens but this would keep shake things up a lot.

-The Hidden Immunity Idol receives it's biggest change since being played before the votes are read. 2 Idols are hidden at camp, one for each tribe. However, when an idol is found, it cannot be used by the person who found it, and must be given to one person on the other tribe.

I hated this when I first read it, but after thinking about it it would work perfectly with the one camp twist. This only further encourages people to from alliances with the other tribe and it also gets rid of the tribe being afraid to vote out someone because they have an idol. The twists and fixes seem perfect so far, now it all relys on the cast, hopefully they aren't boring.

Merino

Not necessarily so. Survivor as a game show has always had early alliances. S1 winning alliance was also forged within the first couple days.

Bleh. We lost out on fun people like Michelle because of some quick switch and then a tribal right after. It works best when the two tribes are split half-way before the merge. That can really brake up alliances and form new ones.

Jangocube

Banned
Lolz at the woman that is described as "ex-NFL player's wife"

So far we have the cocky douchebag, the "intelligent" woman who is worldly because she was married to money errrr a football player, a midget, the self-described non-angry but can easily be black woman, etc. etc.

I'm glad that they are doing one island, but I hate the fact that teams are split up by gender. Physical challenges will suck because of it. More balance and puzzle games! Yay!...

bill0527

Just watched the video.

My first impression is that this cast doesn't seem as likeable as last season.

Its like they aren't even trying to hide the fact that 80% of the cast are wannabe actors looking for a break into television.

The game used to be filled with average people with the occasional supermodel thrown in. Now its mostly models with a couple of token average people thrown in.

SO glad there will be no returning cast. Mixing in two-time vets with rookies was idiotic. Can't believe they did it two seasons in a row.

Ditto for Redemption Island.

So far we have the cocky douchebag, the "intelligent" woman who is worldly because she was married to money errrr a football player, a midget, the self-described non-angry but can easily be black woman, etc. etc.

I'm glad that they are doing one island, but I hate the fact that teams are split up by gender. Physical challenges will suck because of it. More balance and puzzle games! Yay!...

I don't like the gender thing either but at least it means there is an even better chance of a switch up.

I still watch this show.

It never seems to get old >.>

I always start out with the new season and I'm like man I'm so done with this.

Then I get hooked again :p

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Totally agreed.
The challenges are gonna be boring as fuck.....but i think camp will be interesting.
The whole hidden immunity idol think is a little bit extreme but i guess it will make for some interesting TV down the line.

CBS loves to region lock all of their content, so...guess I'll check this thread to see who's even in the show
Lol, can't watch the video do to region lockout.

zKjCS.jpg

Fuck you CBS!
RTgx4.jpg

Seriously whats the point region locking the previews....the full episodes i can understand cuz they license them to other channels and whatnot....but previews?

Seriously whats the point region locking the previews....the full episodes i can understand cuz they license them to other channels and whatnot....but previews?

They just blanket-lock everything now. Even the youtube videos when possible. My guess is that they are trying to sell the content as a package option when they sell the series to networks around the world. Pointless, ridiculous...network status quo.

Thank goodness, no returning players.

Sad to see Redemption Island gone this season, but it's not that big a deal. The new idol twist is kind of weird though, it was probably done to encourage people from different tribes to pair up.

Getting excited for this season. So fucking happy redemption is gone. I'm intrigued with there being a little person on this season. I wonder how he'll fair in challenges.

Also I was hoping that was Daunte Cullpeppers wife. Never heard of the guy she is married to.

nice looking cast. outside of the 1 hillbilly and the older chick; they're all fairly good looking. Looking forward to the season

I hope they focus more on camp life. And starve the fuckers!

I'm intrigued with there being a little person on this season. I wonder how he'll fair in challenges.

Honestly I'm expecting it to go over about as well as the woman with the prosthetic leg did (which was just embarrassing). It will be another "well this person is competent in challenges and has the potential to earn sympathy votes" scenario.

Hoping to be proved wrong.

edit: just guessing based on pics, haven't seen any of the intro vids...I'm pegging Jay as our evangelist weirdo this season.

Do you think we will ever go back to actual 'surviving' in the earlier season sense? Last season got even more ridiculous as they were given fishing equipment right off the bat (didn't even have to win it at a challenge). I really miss the survival aspects of the game where a 'provider' was an intrical part of the tribe and would thus be kept around even if people didn't necessarily like them, now it's pretty much just a popularity contest. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show (watched every season), Im just getting sick of the same wannabe actors and emphasis on drama rather than surviving.

LQX

Will they ever try and make this show more diverse in race? For fucks sake. Some of the best seasons was when the cast was very mixed rather than one or two black or Hispanic cast members.

Parch

Good twists. Redemption should have been one season only. Glad it's gone.
One hangout should be interesting. The unbreakable tribe alliances has been the dominating strategy factor and makes half the tribal councils entirely predictable. Hopefully they've found a way to stir up the strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom