• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: One World |OT| Thread of Stupid Name, Promising Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

Yes, being a bunch of pussies in this case was the smarter move. I don't understand the confusion.
I don't see how that's being a pussy. Why exert yourself for no extra benefit? They have no obligation to help the girls in any way. The girls lost, the end. There is nothing to prove by finishing the challenge when they'd already won.

Girls got dominated in a challenge that was tailored for them to have an advantage(balance beam walking). They have pretty much no chance.

Huff

Banned
I don't see how that's being a pussy. Why exert yourself for no extra benefit? They have no obligation to help the girls in any way. The girls lost, the end. There is nothing to prove by finishing the challenge when they'd already won.

They didn't finish a challenge that they were already winning (by what looks like a lot) because of an injury and then accepted a default win.

Smart move because it's survivor and who knows what might happen. Still not a move anyone would think of as confident in their abilities, fair, or a "manly" decision.

Kourtney was the prettiest. Now Asian girl has taken that mantle. Love the ass on the bitch chick who thinks she's running things though.

One of the few women I liked ugh..

Lol the tribal 'yeah' chant and clip of the guys walking shirtless the second the guy said "manly men" was hilarious.

Alicia

b6b269e618c89344964701f0d6a6936ccf700eab_r.gif

image.php

Do some of you guys actually tune in just for the asses?
I certainly didn't object to that bizarre shirtless man walk-off for the cameras. There are a few folks (men and women) I'm expecting to see plenty of.
As long as it's not Colton, I'll be fine.

Shame there's no Albert this season.

Aw, I like Kourtney! Reminded me of my best friend in high school. :(

Really hope Colton and Alicia go soon. I have to give props to Survivor for finally finding a pretty likeable cast from the get go. Just wish we didn't have Colton in the show. I think I would rather Cochran back at this point. :/

And I kind of hope Kat goes far just because she's from my city.

Good first episode. That challenge was pretty dangerous . They were lucky there was only one game ending injury.

One camp is going to be even more interesting than I first thought. I didn't even think of stuff like fire. The guys totally made the right choice and those chicks can't judge them for it. They had no idea if Kourtney would come back or not. You take the win.

And Chelsea is by far the hottest, even though she seems quite annoying.

VPhys

I'm surprised Jeff didn't rip everyone a new one on how to follow directions. He explicitly told them how to fall off the cliff but yet half the players were landing feet first or with their hands. No wonder she broke her fucking wrist, she didn't listen. Jeff should have reiterated the reason he gives direction is for them to protect themselves.

Bitch move not finishing considering they are dominating

It was a smart move. This game isn't about bravado. It's about winning.

They don't deserve shit. They couldn't even catch them.

They caught the chickens with the assistance of the guys. It takes more than one person, the chickens have to be cornered/steered a certain direction.

Oh, the Asian girl isn't to be messed with I see.

I love how she put the big booty girl in her place.

dat asssssss

This.

The Men vs Women crap is really boring.

Did Colton even try to get along with the guys before he completely jumped ship? Nobody seemed to be making fun of him or giving him a hard time, so he came off like D-bag for trying to forge an alliance with the women so quickly. Also the bitch in the gif is annoying as hell, hopefully the Asian chick is able to knock her off the show first.

Did Colton even try to get along with the guys before he completely jumped ship? Nobody seemed to be making fun of him or giving him a hard time, so he came off like D-bag for trying to forge an alliance with the women so quickly. Also the bitch in the gif is annoying as hell, hopefully the Asian chick is able to knock her off the show first.

He is a prejudiced moron

Parch

I'm surprised Jeff didn't rip everyone a new one on how to follow directions. He explicitly told them how to fall off the cliff but yet half the players were landing feet first or with their hands.
He yelled it during the competition. Were they instructed or showed how to do it beforehand? Probably not. That was a fairly major drop.

Overall, a good first show. The gals are fighting already and seem like a real mess right now. Camp life isn't going to be very pleasant for them either and the daily nastiness is going to make this show fun. Interesting bunch of characters covering the funny, rude, and arrogant spectrum.

Parch

Colton can blindside one of the guys, but getting buddy buddy with the gals this early doesn't do him any good. He's as good as gone already and he has only himself to blame.

Unless....would there be a possibility that these tribes are going to get a major shakeup early?

They are gonna have to shake it up early, when the girls keep losing challenge after challenge. I predict an early merge. Unless they start doing non-physical challenges there is just no way the women will win until the merge.

They are gonna have to shake it up early, when the girls keep losing challenge after challenge. I predict an early merge. Unless they start doing non-physical challenges there is just no way the women will win until the merge.

I think CBS knows that a sausagefest will kill the ratings

He yelled it during the competition. Were they instructed or showed how to do it beforehand? Probably not. That was a fairly major drop.

From what I understand, that edit after you see them being explained the challenge by Jeff (and before it cuts to them ready to go) is when producers/challenge designers explicitly lay out the rules for every challenge. This is common for several reality shows, as it familiarizes the players with the mechanics of the challenge and the rules right before they participate. It also means they can't plead ignorance.

Unless....would there be a possibility that these tribes are going to get a major shakeup early?

It's Survivor, that possibility always exists. :(

It was a good opener, I'm already a bit tired of the avalanche of gender stereotypes being referenced every two seconds. Alicia and Colton are already grating, and I really don't understand Colton's strategy.

I think CBS knows that a sausagefest will kill the ratings

I think you are underestimating the straight female and gay male audience of reality shows.

And anyone tuning into Survivor just for eye candy should know better by now. Everyone looks like hell by the end anyway.

Balehead

Everyone looks like hell by the end anyway.

Only because the end is actually months after the show in a studio with horrible make-up. ;)

I'm already tired of this men/women thing, I just don't find it fun. And the stereotypical flamboyant gay guy, really? Hoping for a quick tribe swap.

Shame the girl broke her hand and had to go this early, she seemed alright. Her own fault though, it was pretty clearly instructed how you have to fall down from that thing.

I'd be mildly surprised if they did a tribe swap. All of them living together helps ensure that there wouldn't be a pagonging due to the relationships that are already getting formed, especially with the rules on the two idols and how little effort they put into hiding them(at least that's what it looks like). Colton looks to be getting the Cochran edit.

Russell did Rob Has a Podcast a few weeks ago. A+ interview
Teaser: Brandon's family wasn't at the reunion because he scalped the tickets.

Koomaster

The gals are fighting already and seem like a real mess right now.
Ha! I mentioned to one of my friends tonight that the girls' camp is going to turn into the Bad Girls Club.

I couldn't figure out what was going on with them, and why anyone suggested voting anyone else out except for Khortney. If she had come back you would rather keep her and her injured wrist than someone you are having a minor beef with after a few days? Who cares about winning challenges right? :p

Kourtney was the prettiest. Now Asian girl has taken that mantle. Love the ass on the bitch chick who thinks she's running things though.

You read my mind. It's a pity the cutest girl left first, but Christina is a stealth goddess. The other girls are pretty boring and Alicia is a hot mess.

Okay, I agree the cast is a mess thus far, but the rules-related drama was awesome. This isn't quite the real "surviving" Survivor of old, but I love how the rules encourage them to be creative, dirty, etc. I mean, how long until each tribe has guards standing at night? How long until we see a trade of goods (or people)?

(The first thing I thought after seeing the women's fire theft attempt was that the guys would drop by with a bucket of seawater in the morning.)

Dinosur

That kind of touches on what I was going to say. It seems like they got a new (and very green) editing team because there was a lot more generic Reality Show 101 shit going on than a usual episode of Survivor.

With how they kept trying to pretend that other dude (Matt?) was five feet away from the idol swap, I'm almost convinced the exchange happened later in the game but they made it look like day 2. Like you said, there was absolutely no reason for Colton to go idol crazy before the team even introduced themselves. I know they only have one set of clothes, but it really looked like his outfit (or at least the setting) changed at the end of the transaction.

The funniest part of the episode was in the beginning and I hope my brain didn't just make it up. Jeff says like "You have 60 seconds to strip... everything from the truck," but I swear before he could get the second half of the sentence out, one of the girls starting taking her clothes off. Thought that summed up the ridiculous girl team pretty well.

That kind of touches on what I was going to say. It seems like they got a new (and very green) editing team because there was a lot more generic Reality Show 101 shit going on than a usual episode of Survivor.

With how they kept trying to pretend that other dude (Matt?) was five feet away from the idol swap, I'm almost convinced the exchange happened later in the game but they made it look like day 2. Like you said, there was absolutely no reason for Colton to go idol crazy before the team even introduced themselves. I know they only have one set of clothes, but it really looked like his outfit (or at least the setting) changed at the end of the transaction.

The funniest part of the episode was in the beginning and I hope my brain didn't just make it up. Jeff says like "You have 60 seconds to strip... everything from the truck," but I swear before he could get the second half of the sentence out, one of the girls starting taking her clothes off. Thought that summed up the ridiculous girl team pretty well.

Idol swap happened before tribal council as per the rules of finding the other tribes idol.

Dinosur

Idol swap happened before tribal council as per the rules of finding the other tribes idol.

I could quite easily be making crap up just to nit-pick, but since the guys didn't go to tribal, there's really no way to "prove" that whole situation didn't happen until week 2 or something. I mean, the only options I can come up with are...

1) Colton is insane and really did go to the girl team on day 2 and tell them go find the idol for him instead of using it for anyone on their team.

2) It happened later than day 2 when more shit has gone down.

I don't watch the "next week on" segments because I hate spoilers, so sorry if they already cleared it up.

I could quite easily be making crap up just to nit-pick, but since the guys didn't go to tribal, there's really no way to "prove" that whole situation didn't happen until week 2 or something. I mean, the only options I can come up with are...

1) Colton is insane and really did go to the girl team on day 2 and tell them go find the idol for him instead of using it for anyone on their team.

I don't watch the "next week on" segments because I hate spoilers, so sorry if they already cleared it up.

You're quite the conspiracy theorist.

The person who finds the other team's idol has to give it away before the next tribal council, doesn't matter who goes to council. She talked in her confessional about finding it right away, would have to be a moon landing* level of faking for that to have happened later.

*I'm kidding, everyone knows it didn't take much effort to fake that.

bill0527

Garbage cast. Crazed bitches and stupid meatheads.

Yep that was my first impression when the cast bios were released after last season ended.

Now that I've seen them all, I still feel the same way.

I didn't find one single person to be likeable on day 1. 16/20 of them look like professional reality TV wannabes and washed out models.

It kind of sucks for me because I hate the cast, but I like this type of Survivor game play much more than the redemption island garbage. I also like this seasons gimmick of having them all live side by side.

RS4-

Damn, was hoping to see more Kourtney; good thing Chelsea is around as well.

re: the challenge, always surprises me they still have solid logs at the ends of such things for people to roll into/fall on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom