• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: One World |OT| Thread of Stupid Name, Promising Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.
u0U0d.jpg

wtf? lol

Finally got around to watching this. I'm really surprised how divided the teams ended up being. I thought both tribes living on one beach would mean a lot of intertribe mingling, but I think having it be a gender battle really helped divide the tribes from square one.

Colton is an idiot. The hidden immunity idol will help him but him being chummy with the girls is only going to help if there's a switch. However, I'm kind of rooting for him because he was part of an online community for Survivor and a few of my friends know him, so it'll be interesting to see how well he does because he's been a big fan of Survivor.

Also Christina is really hot. I really hope she doesn't end up voted out early because it's been a while since there's been some great Survivor eye candy.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Alicia is just my type. Hot.

Gay guy is annoying. He didn't even try to get to know his tribe. He stereotyped his own tribe, it seemed.

Guys made the right move by default win.

Oh well, I'd rather people who didn't like it sitting this season out. Still way too early to judge but it already looks like it could be the best season since S20.

Oh well, I'd rather people who didn't like it sitting this season out. Still way too early to judge but it already looks like it could be the best season since S17.

Fixed. There hasn't been a truly good season since Gabon. There have been a few good characters (Coach in Tocantins, Cochran) but overall every season has been kind of underwhelming. Mostly because, aside, from Nicaragua, every season has basically been the X show. Samoa and HvV were the Russell show, Redemption was the Rob Show, Tocantins and this past season was the Coach show.

The editing of this first episode, combined with no returning players, makes it look like we're going to get to see all the characters this time. That's why Gabon was the last good season: all the players were pretty well developed and I'm hoping it stays true for this season.

mcrae

man i dont get why everyone doesnt just over-dress the fuck out of themselves instead of wearing sleeveless things. more clothing=better in survivor, ya know

man i dont get why everyone doesnt just over-dress the fuck out of themselves instead of wearing sleeveless things. more clothing=better in survivor, ya know

Oh I'm sure at this point they're "encouraged" to wear clothes that reflect their personality/occupation. You always have one or two people in business attire, a cowboy wearing jeans and a bolo tie, etc. There are probably also rules against wearing 8 layers and an overcoat; it would make building a shelter much easier if you had an oversized jacket made out of waterproof material, for example.

Plus, sometimes they do the first challenge right there on the beach as the players arrive. It wouldn't be fun to compete with a bunch of crap on—or maybe it would be...

mcrae

Oh I'm sure at this point they're "encouraged" to wear clothes that reflect their personality/occupation. You always have one or two people in business attire, a cowboy wearing jeans and a bolo tie, etc. There are probably also rules against wearing 8 layers and an overcoat; it would make building a shelter much easier if you had an oversized jacket made out of waterproof material, for example.

Plus, sometimes they do the first challenge right there on the beach as the players arrive. It wouldn't be fun to compete with a bunch of crap on—or maybe it would be...

lol, yeah true. however, it would really suck to be shoehorned into the role of not wearing lots of clothes. those guys that wear suitjackets/ties/longsleeve shirts are lucky.

Kourtney called talked to Rob C this morning from the hospital where she had surgery to remove a growth from her abdomen that turned out to be cancer. Shitty week for her having to relive her quick Survivor experience while finding out she has cancer.

Rob Has a Podcast with Cochran talking about first ep. About 2 hours long if you need background noise.

Edit-Probably don't want to listen if you are super anal about spoilers. Cochran gives a bunch of theories based on the edit and the promos they did. I think he's a bit of a nutjob with some of it but I know some people don't like any spoilers so I wouldn't listen.

Balehead

Rob Has a Podcast with Cochran talking about first ep. About 2 hours long if you need background noise.

Edit-Probably don't want to listen if you are super anal about spoilers. Cochran gives a bunch of theories based on the edit and the promos they did. I think he's a bit of a nutjob with some of it but I know some people don't like any spoilers so I wouldn't listen.

If podcasts etc. are your thing then check out http://www.rtvzone.com/ ex survivors discuss the episodes. Includes Cochran, Sandra, Jerri, Yau-Man, Todd, Lex and Ryno. Hosted by a BB winner.

If podcasts etc. are your thing then check out http://www.rtvzone.com/ ex survivors discuss the episodes. Includes Cochran, Sandra, Jerri, Yau-Man, Todd, Lex and Ryno. Hosted by a BB winner.

Have listened before, not really a fan of the format. Too many egos in one podcast and although he's entertaining, I find Dick to be a bit of a moron so I avoid more than an occasional dose of him.

I forgot to watch it on Wednesday, but I caught it on my OnDemand channel today. HILARIOUS. I was really starting to get bored with the show and didn't even watch the finale last season, but this has sparked my interest again.

hobart

Always nice when Wednesday comes along and you realize Survivor is back after being away for awhile.

Looking forward for this evening.

I dunno.

After the first episode I was sure I hated Colton and wanted him to leave, but this episode he's more weird than annoying to me. He's just so bizarre, it's kind of endearing in a strange way.

And this TC is going to be great, can't wait to see the claws come out.

I really liked Kat's confessional at the beginning with her freaking out about the bug. Reminded me of Greg's flying fish confessional from Borneo. (although I doubt Kat is a genius like Greg)

As long as Christina isn't voted off of the women's tribe any time soon I'm good. Good lord I don't think I've found a female Survivor this attractive since...well, since ever.

RangersFan

who would've guessed, an all women's tribe self destructs.../sarcasm

the cast is so meh, alicia's ass is amazing but her personality is so argh. but holy shit chelsea is up there for all-time hottest survivor. christina is the only one on the women's team i'm cheering for, but she'll probably go next. man colton was annoying the shit out of me being all butt hurt when the women (rightfully so) asked him to leave so their tribe can talk. but then when butt hurt colton told the men outsiders about the idol this season finally got interesting. i think the oddball men's alliance will go far and take out the frat boys, which will be fun to watch.

UberTag

The oldies couldn't even coordinate to vote the same way.
Seemed pretty clear to me that Christina elected to vote with her fellow 20somethings to save her own ass when it was clear Chelsea and Kim weren't bolting from their alliance to boot Kat. Monica threw her vote over to Christina to send a message knowing that saving Nina was a lost cause.

who would've guessed, an all women's tribe self destructs.../sarcasm

the cast is so meh, alicia's ass is amazing but her personality is so argh. but holy shit chelsea is up there for all-time hottest survivor.
chelsea-meissner-fb2.jpg

Should of voted Kat off.

Why did Monica vote for Christina? Trying to be diplomatic? (And possibly pissing off one of your only allies?) I want to like you Monica. :/

Colton confuses me. I almost felt bad for him at one point, but then he got all smug again. I'm not sure if all his bravado is a defense mechanism, or does he really think that much of himself? He can't even get the name of one of his alliance members right.

I liked Sabrina in the first episode, but my opinion of her lowered a bit this time.

The only person I like right now is Jay. Level headed, chill... nice to look at. Kim & Chelsea might have potential. Leif and Troyzan seem alright too, but who knows.

The producers would never allow all the women to be booted so fast, they'd mix it up before that point

Colton is a republican, wtf

Holy shit Chelsea is a knockout :eek:

And again, how is Alicia a Special Ed teacher? Is she trying to get fired? You'd think working with special needs students wouldn't lead to her saying a lot of the things she has said about other people

zugzug

you know its reaching a point where I dislike the producers and casting directors of these shows who just can't put on a solid show without engineering these conflicts where they think I would like them.

Just give me a boring show of nice people who are all trying hard and competing honestly.

Stop with the deceit america just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom