• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korey

He stabbed Thor and rode around on a Chariot blowing shit up. Then Hawkeye blew his ass up.

As for his actions post Hulk ass whipping, thats the point. He was done at that point, and the only remaining threat was the portal.

Ah ok.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The only thing I didn't like about Renner was his super serious unfolding of the bow. He "cocks" it but it looks like he's trying so hard to be cool. Made me laugh.

Sonicbug

That's my point though, the man can act, and all we hear about in movie threads is how ugly he is. Who gives a shit? Go look at the TDKR vs Avengers thread. "I cant stand his face" over and over in there. Since when do all leading men need to be runway models?

The weirdness is my friend kept referring to Renner as her 'husband' in front of her real husband... all with a bun in the oven. Dude is clearly attractive to some people.

Personally... I'm a RDJ girl myself. Dat ass and all that.

Movie was great fun, if really by the numbers plotwise. I have to take my brother-in-law soonish, he'll eat it up... and I want to see it not in 3D.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Still just feels weird that Loki can hold an explosion point blank and just get frazzled. The movies need to establish some limits to Thor / Loki that are as defined as Cap, Hulk, and I guess Iron Man (although he can take most beatings despite rattling around in a tin can, it seems).

Replicant

XwYJT.png

Out with Expendable, we have new reviewer in the house. One that comes with graphics.

Also, such a conflicted review. It's 9/10 and yet you seem to dislike it.

I do agree about Captain America's part though. The Blu-ray better have that half hour filled with Cap's action and story through and through. I swear I read somewhere that Joss said the film will be seen from Cap's POV and that clearly wasn't the case with the final product.

Khezu

Why do the Asgardians speak perfect English for that matter? Ah, the mysteries of life.

I remember in a random promo clip from thor he was speaking in a different language right after he landed on earth, I remember it not being in that actual movie though, strange.

LakeEarth

Hawkeye just needed more personality. For the most part he was just random soldier dude with an awesome ability to shoot arrows. If you think about it, the core heroes have distinct personalities, so having this 'stoic' character next to them stands out.

Loki had himself get captured to be a distraction so they could finish the portal while he broke the team by aggravating them and pointing out secrets and flaws through his manipulation till they got rescued and they were supposed to give up..... but him killing Phil caused the heroes to unite especially after Nick being the manipulative bastard he is with the blood soaked cards.

Yes, Nick is a manipulative bastard.

Then Hulk smashed Loki and Loki did not wake up till the end. Why he asked for the drink. He was hurting from the smash.

Tobor

basically loki is just a setup for the funniest moment in the movie instead of being a true villain. Just comic relief

No, you're missing the point. He's the master manipulator, always talking, and he tried it on the one character in the movie who would never buy his bullshit.

No, but he isn't Thor and such. He is mainly illusions, teleports, tricks and such. He really can't take much of a beating. And Hulk, caused Thor to bleed where Thor just shrugged all of Tony's blows off as if it was nothing. I think that speaks of Hulk's strength.

Tobor

I see, Loki's just a human right?

Gotcha! We're treading into imaginary waters now.

You never saw Dark Knight? You should check it out. Batman strings up the Joker and leaves him there, then jets to go deal with the remaining threat, Two-Face.

You seem to find it to be some kind of "convenience". I find it to be storytelling.

artist

Banned
You never saw Dark Knight? You should check it out. Batman strings up the Joker and leaves him there, then jets to go deal with the remaining threat, Two-Face.

You seem to find it to be some kind of "convenience". I find it to be storytelling.
Wasnt the whole building surrounded by SWAT? I'm not even sure why I'm taking this seriously with you.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Fucking loved it. And I swore that their fight in the woods was foreshadowing moves that they would use in the final fight but I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't use any of it.

Tobor

Wasnt the whole building surrounded by SWAT? I'm not even sure why I'm taking this seriously with you.

You're missing the point. It's action movie 101. You have the mini climax for one bad guy, then the final climax.

Like Die Hard. Textbook action movie. The main template at this point. He kills Karl in the big battle where John strings him up, then deals with Hans in the final climax. It's how you write an action movie. You can do the villain popping back up trope, but that's optional.

The Hulk thrashing Loki was the mini climax, then closing the portal was the big finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom