• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expectations/Wishes for the 3DS at E3/Fall 2012?

IX is great no doubt, but VI could do with a graphical/musical update more.

You think VI needs a graphical update more than IX?
lqyBG.gif

zCuFA.jpg

You're fucking nuts.

Mileena

Banned
FF6 and 9 are the two best FF games so either one would be great for a remake. But it's Square so you'll get FF4 3D: The Real Completest Collection 3D

Cactus

Banned
I have to say, Wario Land 4 was the weirdest of the lot. Little bit too much injected there.

Wario Land Shake felt really, really tame. It didn't feel like Wario in a lot of cases. The only throwback to the older games other than his moveset was Captain Syrup - and even then, she wasn't the same. And no transformations! doh.

I think a lot of that was because the game was outsourced. Hopefully that doesn't become a trend, because I would really love to see Nintendo develop a new Wario Land themselves after such a long break from the series.

Neiteio

Majora's Mask in superior glasses-less 3D, please.

C'mon, should be so simple having the same team as OoT3D recycle their new assets from that game much like how the originals recycled assets.

MAtgS

3D Classics SSB64 with wifi
Major Pokemon release (I suggest RBY remake if not a brand new gen)
FFV remake

So basically no new games

shira

I really hope wii u emulates DS games.
That would be a major selling point for me.

wii u emulating 3DS with 3DTV's would be insane

Side-scrolling Metroid
A new Tactics game
A new, good RPG. Anything. Just good. And new.
New Pokemon with some really clever StreetPass ish.

That would keep me busy for a couple years.

ffdgh

Gba games
pito chat or a message system in general.
more digital games
wallpapers/themes

....umm region lock removed.

JaCy

3D Classics SSB64 with wifi
Major Pokemon release (I suggest RBY remake if not a brand new gen)
FFV remake

So basically no new games

I'd prefer Ruby/Sapphire remakes, as R/B were remade on the GBA. This November is the tenth year anniversary release for Japan. So maybe Ninty will do the same that they did with G/S.

Neiteio

They should remake Pokemon RBY, GSC, RSE, and DPP all on one 3DS card as a Pokemon Collection, with gameplay systems and sprites and such all brought up to current-gen standards, online play added to all games and autostereoscopic 3D effect. In effect, it'd be like booting up an anniversary disk, allowing you to access any of the campaigns/settings from years past, but all brought up to spec on the 3DS with the appropriate resolution, and with all the new innovations added since then, like triple battles and rebalanced Pokemon. Now -that- would be something (as far as remakes/collections go). OH, and make them all interconnected within the same card, so you can freely transfer Pokemon between the PCs on your various save files.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
An Animal Crossing release date, and a new Zelda and/or Metroid title.

Neiteio

Wave Race 64 3D remade in the same way as Star Fox 64 3D.
Actually, this is a damn good idea. It was perfect then, it would just need to be visually upgraded now. Also relocate much of the HUD to the touchscreen. And add online play and leaderboards for times. They could splice in some choice courses from Blue Storm too, if they wish. Maybe a track editor where you lay out the buoys, if they're feeling ballsy and want to add some extra features.

With the focus on Wii U, I have pretty low expectations for 3DS at their conference. I expect:

- NSMB2 Trailer - This will be their big title for the handheld.

- Fire Emblem localization announced - This will serve as their way to show how they're supporting DLC. (ugh)

- 2 of these 3 make an appearance: Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario

- Maybe a b-tier (not in quality, but in stature) first party game reveal in a video package: - Kirby seems likely as they can make these fast and still retain quality.

- Select titles for third-parties: Ace Attorney, the RMC title (Castlevania?), Monster Hunter

- No redesign. They've got their hands full trying not to blow their second reveal of Wii U.

- And of course Mother x Startropics: Fusion Saga.

b3b0p

There will not be a redesign. Did I miss something, what is wrong with the current 3DS? It's better than any of the cheap feeling DS models to me.

Dream:

- Star Tropics (a maybe possible?)

- Earthbound mention of some sort (Not gonna happen)

---

Optimistic:

- Metroidvania announcement.

- Some unannounced games from Nintendo. Kirby or maybe another older franchise that has been dormant for a decade or more (Star Tropics would be jaw dropping).

- I would love to get a portable Majora's Mask.

- F-Zero or Wave Race

- Something for Kirby because of the anniversary.

---

Pessimistic:

- No mention of Contra 3DS (still preordered over on Amazon).

- More remakes/emulated games that can still be played on my Genesis or NES (or emulators perfectly). Not very exciting if you ask me.

- Only showing off everything we already know: Luigi, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Mario. SNoozefest!

SykoTech

Exciting new IPs instead of just ports, remakes, and handheld versions of old franchises.

I suppose that's a wish, because I certainly don't expect that to actually happen.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There will not be a redesign. Did I miss something, what is wrong with the current 3DS? It's better than any of the cheap feeling DS models to me.
- Loose hinges.
- Screen scratching.
- No second analog.
- Terrible battery life.
- Low quality screen.
- Too small for many peoples' hands.

This might not bother you, but it bothers a lot of people. Enough that people are interested in a redesign. Also: there's no way the 3DS feels less "cheap" than the DSi or DS Lite.

Poyunch

Nintendo's talked about wanting both Majora's Mask 3DS and an original 3DS. Imagine if they either made a spiritual sequel that used the mask and/or time system.

:eek:

Not going to happen.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo's talked about wanting both Majora's Mask 3DS and an original 3DS. Imagine if they either made a spiritual sequel that used the mask and/or time system.

:eek:

Not going to happen.
I would be soooo into that. I don't like MM all that much, but mostly because it used OoT's engine, which always felt drab and clunky to me. I'd love a modern sucessor.

Capcom said to not expect Monster Hunter, and that was my only wish. :(

Now I'm not even hyped for E3, but I guess more Animal Crossing info will do. And it better come out this November. No further delays!

Rumored 'Revelations 2' would be jaw-dropping. I would not contain myself, but it's too soon to announce a new Resident Evil 3DS.

I don't really care for handheld third-party games from western developers unless it's something completely unexpected, like a new Elder Scrolls (lololololol).

So yeah, whatever, at least I won't be disappointed.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
This might not bother you, but it bothers a lot of people. Enough that people are interested in a redesign. Also: there's no way the 3DS feels less "cheap" than the DSi or DS Lite.

You must mean DSi XL because Lite had pretty poor build quality.

fates

Fire Emblem, MOnster Hunter Tri G, and Soul Hackers.

Feel fairly confident Atlus will deliver with Soul Hackers. Fire Emblem is probably good to go to but you never know with Nintendo.

... and fairly confident that Monster Hunter Tri G will be a total bust.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You must mean DSi XL because Lite had pretty poor build quality.
My memory is fuzzy on the Lite. I remember there was a hinge cracking problem... Oh yeah, and some discoloration on the white d-pads, right? I don't remember. The DSi was nothing but amazing as far as I'm concerned. I've barely ever used the XL, so dunno about that one.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
My memory is fuzzy on the Lite. I remember there was a hinge cracking problem... Oh yeah, and some discoloration on the white d-pads, right? I don't remember. The DSi was nothing but amazing as far as I'm concerned. I've barely ever used the XL, so dunno about that one.

Yea, both DSi and XL had great build qualities. The Lite on the other hand had the shoddy hinges, busted diagonals on the D-pad and the shoulder button issues. But hey, it looked real nice though!

Here are a few of my hopes for Nintendo, who I always get the most excited about during E3 even though I also own a PS3 (and at one point a 360.)

--Zelda 3DS--
Remember when speaking of a new Zelda for 3DS, Aonuma said "Of course we've thought about it. I'll give you one hint, but maybe you won't understand it. It will be a game in which having 3D will mean something."

I hope that the new 3DS Zelda game they show off has 3D based Zelda puzzle solving that will be as memorable as Link's jump to 3D in OoT.

--Super Smash Bros.--
I think Nintendo remembers the reaction to the early Brawl trailer, and I wouldn't doubt that Sakurai is putting the finishing touches on the model home. It's empty, but it will give you an idea what to expect.

--Wii U Rebranding / No Wii controllers--
Fuck Nintendo if they are going to ditch the GameCube controller but keep the Wii one. It's time to move on. I am hoping they will ditch the Wii brand (keep Miis if you have to, but progress the concept at least,) from the name to the controllers. How can they expect me to believe it's a next generation system if I can't even use a minimum four controllers made specifically for the new unit. The new controller will be one we will look back on like this AVGN video @7:09.

If they don't successfully distinguish the new system from the aging Wii brand, and bring something with an enticing gimmick to the table, they won't be able to keep up with the fast paced innovation of the mobile market, even if many of its concepts are simple. Say what you will about Tiny Tower, but it proved that a simple free game could be time consuming, and somehow addicting.

Oh guys, you know what'd be cool?

Pokemon Red/Blue versions on eShop with online trading capabilities and some bug fixes (Missingno/Mew/Glitch City being the obvious ones, but also stuff like Ghost moves not affecting Psychic etc.)

Don't tell me for a second they wouldn't make out like bandits on that one. (Ruby/Sapphire remakes would be cool too)

Oh guys, you know what'd be cool?

Pokemon Red/Blue versions on eShop with online trading capabilities and some bug fixes (Missingno/Mew/Glitch City being the obvious ones, but also stuff like Ghost moves not affecting Psychic etc.)

Don't tell me for a second they wouldn't make out like bandits on that one. (Ruby/Sapphire remakes would be cool too)

Except keep Missingno and the dump truck by the SS Anne. Times don't need to change.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm just hoping for a HUUUUUGE firmware update for the 3DS. Something that meshes perfectly with the Wii U OS. Stuff like a unified Nintendo account, one large eshop, maybe even things like achievements.

Every year I basically wish the same thing, that Nintendo would copy Xbox Live.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Put Pokemon TCG for Gameboy on the eShop and make billions Nintendo. Billions.
No, don't just port it. Make a proper sequel. They don't even have to include the RPG elements. Just the TGC pure and simple.

printin' money.

Kokonoe

Banned
No, don't just port it. Make a proper sequel. They don't even have to include the RPG elements. Just the TGC pure and simple.

printin' money.

Not really a fan of the recent cards. You can't even use the original cards in Pokemon anymore.

I'd really like to see GBA games coming to the eShop within the next couple of months, as well as an increase in the release of GB/GBC/GG games.

Aside from that, confirmed release dates for some of the first party stuff like Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario etc would be nice, as well as a lot of new game announcements.

Top Bottom