• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expectations/Wishes for the 3DS at E3/Fall 2012?

daakusedo

I hope for golden sun 4.
I mean did you see that end? It completely beat the first on the cliffhanger side but without the next episode even being announced. That's hard.

watershed

Banned
I want Animal Crossing to be a good sequel, to be released before the end of the year , and to be available on the eshop with a discount of some sort. That would just about do it for me.

Tookay

Majora's Mask in superior glasses-less 3D, please.

C'mon, should be so simple having the same team as OoT3D recycle their new assets from that game much like how the originals recycled assets.

image.php

Never has an avatar quote been more appropriate than for the GOTF.

Here's what I want:
1st party titles:
-New Zelda or Majora's Mask 3Dmake
-Metroid Prime or 2D Metroid.
-Fire Emblem confirmed with all released DLC included for free.
-New Nintendo IP
-Yoshi's Island 3DS
-Super Smash Brothers 4

3rd party titles:
-EX Troopers from Capcom
-Ace Attorney from Capcom
-Viewtiful Joe or Okami 2 from Capcom
-Castlevania from Konami
-Contra from Konami
-Metal Gear or Z.O.E from Konami
-Final Fantasy VI remake from Square Enix
-New IP from Square Enix
-Exclusive Rayman from Ubisoft
-Tales of Symphonia remake or New Tales of from Namco
-Side scrolling Ninja Gaiden from Tecmo Koei
-Dead or Alive Dimensions 2 from Tecmo Koei

Localisations:
-Monster Hunter 3G
-Bravely Default
-Guild 01
-Sakura Samurai (for Europe)
-Time Travellers
-Little Battlers eXperience
-Dragon Quest Monster 3DS
-Senran Kagura
-Dynasty Warriors VS

eShop/online:
-N64 virtual console
-SNES virtual console
-GBA virtual console
-More 3D classic, but SNES 3D Classics or GBA 3D Classics
-More eShop games

That's all I want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How do people expect there to be a redesigned 3ds with better battery life AND a second analog? Especially when the circle pad requires its own battery.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Many of you said lots of things I'd like to see at E3.
But you know what I want to see more?
The Western support Iwata talked about, the one which is "catching up" with Japan. I'm just too curious. Maybe, there will be an anticipation this week with the new Nintendo Power issue preview...

Many of you said lots of things I'd like to see at E3.
But you know what I want to see more?
The Western support Iwata talked about, the one which is "catching up" with Japan. I'm just too curious. Maybe, there will be an anticipation this week with the new Nintendo Power issue preview...

The problem is Western Support is not as serious as Japanese support. I mean devs supports, and not games.
Japanese devs take handheld more seriously than Western devs.

Mpl90

The problem is Western Support is not as serious as Japanese support. I mean devs supports, and not games.
Japanese devs take handheld more seriously than Western devs.

I know, and that's why Iwata's statement made me very curious for this E3, since according to his words, we'll see nice things from Western developers in the next future.

I know, and that's why Iwata's statement made me very curious for this E3, since according to his words, we'll see nice things from Western developers in the next future.

Yeah, but it depends. Iwata talked about quantity or quality ?
I mean, you can have a lot of western games... but are they good games ?

Mpl90

Since he said "Western support catching up with Japanese one", I think he meant in both directions, but especially in the latter one.

Since he said "Western support catching up with Japanese one", I think he meant in both directions, but especially in the latter one.

And by western support, he meant western games or western 3DS having more games (from Japanese and Western devs) ?
I hope E3 will be good for 3DS.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

DreamRift is making a Mickey game and WayForward is making an Adventure Time game. Both being 2d games. I don't know what more you could ask for.

DreamRift is making a Mickey game and WayForward is making an Adventure Time game. Both being 2d games. I don't know what more you could ask for.

You've got a point !:p
Even if I have some doubt about Adventure Time, I'm not sure will have it in Europe...:(
But we need more games.

- Majora's Mask
- Alttp 3D remake
- Smash bros. 3DS video
- Paper Mario European release in 2012
- Focus on downloads, verey 1st-party game is downloadable. 3rd-parties can decide for themselves.
- New Mario bros 2
- Metroid which interacts with metroid WiiU
- CoD Black Ops II

grumpy

Predictions:

Animal Crossing available as DD

Majora's Mask 3D

Paper Mario & Fire Emblem this summer

Monster Hunter 3G, Etrian Odyssey IV & Dragon Quest Monsters 3D for EU/NA

Super Smash Bros. 4 & New Super Mario Bros 2 cross online play with their Wii U counterparts

Castlevania 3D

Resident Evil "Revelaitons 2"

Wishes:

Super Metroid 3D Classic (lol metroid dread lol)

Final Fantasy VI & Dragon Quest VII ports/remakes

Tales of Symphonia port

"Buy once, play everywhere" model for VC. (Or at the very least, give us SNES & N64 games on the 3DS VC, FFS)

GBA games on the VC.

Region unlock.

redlemon said:

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Full-games DD.
FE EU localisation.

I'm easy to please.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Brian Training, Pokemon BW 2 western release before ending FY (March13) + a new internal title revelad at E3 (DKReturns2?)

Epic Mickey, CoD, Rayman Legends, Fifa from western developers coming out autumn-xmas 12 + 2,3 new little announcements at E3 (Jett Rocket from Shinen, for example, and a game from Renegade Kid)

Ex Troopers, MHTriG, Contra, Castlevania, Rune Factory, Etrian Oddissey, Bravely default, Layton 3DS, Inazuma Eleven DS, DQ Monsters western release before ending FY (march 13),

In addition, some "eshop" app as Pokemon finder maybe related also to DQX and some small but interesting DD title

not counting New Super Mario Bros 2 and Kingdom Hearts but they'll be protagonist at E3.

MAtgS

I'd prefer Ruby/Sapphire remakes, as R/B were remade on the GBA. This November is the tenth year anniversary release for Japan. So maybe Ninty will do the same that they did with G/S.
Who really cares about Gen 3? Remaking Kanto again in full 3D strikes me as something that would get bigger fan reaction.

Caramello

I think we'll see announcements for a new Zelda and Metroid on 3DS and I also expect Paper Mario to be 2013.

Other than that.. I don't feel like repeating what has already been said..

tons of shit on localization watch:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Code of Princess
Monster Hunter Tri G
Slime Morimori 3
Beyond the Labyrinth
Rodea the Sky Soldier
LBX Explosive Boost
Etrian Odyssey IV
Soul Hackers
E.X.Troopers
Fantasy Life
Culdcept
Rune Factory 4
Denpa Ningen RPG
Dragon Quest Monsters 3D
Bravely Default
Picross e/e2
Harvest Moon Homeland
Jake Hunter: Rondo of Justice
Time Travelers
Guild 01
Gon Adventure
Kokuga
Senran Kagura
Kaio King of Pirates
and probably some more I'm forgetting

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
There will not be a redesign. Did I miss something, what is wrong with the current 3DS? It's better than any of the cheap feeling DS models to me.
Really? The DSi XL looks and feels much more premium than the 3DS to me. I would love a 3DS XL of similar quality.

The 3DS, as it is, suffers from small, dim screens, very poor battery life, hinge issues, screen scratching, and a glossy finish which becomes messy very quickly.

That said, compared to the first iterations of the GBA and the DS, it's not too bad. It could definitely use a lot of work, though.

M3d10n

Really? The DSi XL looks and feels much more premium than the 3DS to me. I would love a 3DS XL of similar quality.

The 3DS, as it is, suffers from small, dim screens, very poor battery life, hinge issues, screen scratching, and a glossy finish which becomes messy very quickly.

That said, compared to the first iterations of the GBA and the DS, it's not too bad. It could definitely use a lot of work, though.

The glossy stuff is annoying, but I believe in Japan matte-coated devices are not seen as "premium" as glossy ones. But they'll definitely release matte revisions down the road, no doubt.

Also, it was necessary to make the 3DS look different from the DSi and XL. It already looks like another DS as is and it would be much worse if it were matte and didn't have the three-layered shell. I have a hard time imaging a revision that doesn't look like an existing DS model, unless they go for a more rounded/curved shell.

A Majora's Mask remake and a two-nub revision would make me buy a 3DS instantly. The latter may never happen, I fear.
I'm in the camp that doesn't really think a 2 nub revision is really all that necessary. Yes, there will be some games that might play better with 2 sticks (metal gear 3), but the vast majority of games will be made to work with 1 stick and the touch screen. It would definitely be nice to have of course, but i dont think that NOT having it should be a deal breaker for anyone.

As far as what id like to see, just more games!

- FF V remake with high SE internal team production values no more Matrix Software please.

- Next 3DS RE game: Claire and Jill as protagonists!

- Platinum game goodness: Viewtiful Joe spiritual succesor.

- Type 0 3DS enhanced port.

- More S-E goodness

- Original 3DS Zelda. But this time a good zelda game, I don't want the DS crap like games.

- A Galaxy Mario game, 3DS can do it.

- Lots of RPG.

3DS shop related annuncements.

- Nintendo stops being crappy and says they will do better efforts to fill the 3DS store with quality titles.

- Weekly deals.

- Lots of games from quality indie developers.

Yeah, I expect that none of this will happen....

Top Bottom