• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expectations/Wishes for the 3DS at E3/Fall 2012?

RedSwirl

I haven't seen a whole lot of talk in expectations for the 3DS going into E3 and later this year. I know all the attention on Nintendo is about the Wii U, but I have no doubt that they'll also devote some time to talking about the next wave of 3DS games coming this year.

It'd be nice if they could announce localizations of games like Layton vs Ace Attorney, Fire Emblem, and Bravely Default. From Nintendo specifically we know that Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Paper Mario are coming to the 3DS. What else would you want/expect to show up this year? 2D Metroid? Castlevania? Advance Wars? I don't expect to hear anything about Smash Bros.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Animal Crossing. I need it. Also I kind of expect Zelda 3DS to be there but who knows.

Also I'm sure they'll be showing off New Super Mario Bros 2.

NeoRausch

Annoucment of a wiiu connectivity update hand in hand with a unified DD solution. They can't really sell full retail games as DD without that.

The M.O.B

August: New Super Mario Bros 2
September: Fire Emblem
October: Luigi's Mansion 2
November: Animal Crossing
December: Paper Mario 3DS

I feel it will be something like this.

Ryoku

Region unlocked (not going to happen)
Redesign (also not going to happen)
I'm mainly focused on the Wii U at this year's E3. However, great new games are always appreciated from either console.

Details about Wii U/3DS connectivity would be great.

Santiako

Give me Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Paper Mario and ePicross and I'll be happy forever.

Even better if they give me 3DS XL

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wishes: Zelda. Metroid. DKCR 3D.

A Paper Mario release date would be nice. I don't care about any of the other currently announced first party titles.

Localized Professor Layton 3DS
Localized Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney

Banjo-Kazooie 3DS (Rumored since 2011)
A better Portable Zelda experience. (didn't enjoy PH & ST that much)

Region Unlocked or Hacked

Rich!

If they do make a collection (which they won't), we will never see Earthbound over here because of all the crazy music licensing issues.

And to make it even less likely, Japan have already got it:

mother.jpg

Obviously Mother 3 came out after this, but yeah.

kadotsu

Banned
Account structure for DLC

Guild 01 chopped up on eShop
Monster Hunter 3G, EX Troopers, Bravely Default, Culdecept localization
Camelot RPG IP
Paper Mario or anything by IS
VC initiative (Denki Blocks, Ninja 5-0 other GBA gems)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not much I can think of that I'd care about for my 3DS. Power of Illusion and Kingdom Hearts look awesome, but after that, it just looks like the usual Nintendo first party stuff that I don't care that much about.

I've never played Fire Emblem before. I wouldn't mind getting that, I suppose.

MYE

-Paper Mario 3D release date
-New Super Mario Bros 2 releasing a month from E3
-Majora's Mask 3D this fall
-Trailer of NextZelda 3D (lets be realistic here)
-Ghost Trick II
-Advance Wars 3D
-Something from MonolithSoft
-Pokemon *insert color*
-Free upper screen rubbers to fix the self-scratching design fuck up (lol)
-ActRaiser 3DS (lool)
-Mother compilation (loool)

RedSwirl

Annoucment of a wiiu connectivity update hand in hand with a unified DD solution. They can't really sell full retail games as DD without that.

Unified Nintendo Network across both machines. Maybe even have Nintendo Network debut with New Super Mario Bros. 2. I really just want them to unify the Virtual Console between both machines if/when they do this.

Basically, I'd pretty much be good with release dates for currently announced/obviously coming games for now:
Animal Crossing
Layton 5
Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario 3DS

Other than that... Stuff like some new Kirby games, a TWEWY sequel, any maybe a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game being announced would be great (edit: Oh, and also Ace Attorney Investigations 2 being announced to get a localization on 3DS/eShop, but I really doubt that one), but I'd be happy with just getting some release dates for the time being, as there's already plenty enough for me announced--they just need to come out so I can play them~.

Metallix87

August: New Super Mario Bros 2
September: Fire Emblem
October: Luigi's Mansion 2
November: Animal Crossing
December: Paper Mario 3DS

I feel it will be something like this.

I agree with this. Seems logical. Also, throw in a few eShop games throughout those months as well. I think Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3D is a logical choice for an eShop title.

RedSwirl

Don't think we're gonna get a redesign this year. Spring 2013 at the earliest.

Localized Professor Layton 3DS
Localized Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney

Banjo-Kazooie 3DS (Rumored since 2011)
A better Portable Zelda experience. (didn't enjoy PH & ST that much)

Region Unlocked or Hacked

Crap I forgot about that. I don't see why it wouldn't happen. We've been getting Layton games at a steady clip of one a year. Also, when they first showed off the 3DS, didn't they show Mask of Miracle running in English? Or did they just show it at Western events?

Thores

I hope it goes without saying that these are wishes, and not predictions.

Release dates:
Animal Crossing
Paper Mario
Good People Die

Localizations:
Project X Zone
Guild 01
Professor Layton x Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney 5
Bravely Default
Soul Hackers
Culdcept

Announcements:
* Returned attention to 3DS Virtual Console. Releases caught up to Europe, Virtual Boy and GBA added as systems
* Demos and videos added to eShop during conference
* Dragon Quest VII remake (I realize this is more of a Tokyo Game Show thing)
* New Zelda with new art style
* Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS (Again, I'm aware Pokemon games are generally not E3 announcements)
* Anything Monolith Soft
* Confirmation that Chocobo Racing is still happening

All I mostly want is reassurance is that we'll get a variety of quality titles brought to the US, including games in niche genres. I'm a little worried that might not happen, so as long as that does, anything else they mention would be icing on the cake.

zroid

Banned
For the love of Reggie, just have Paper Mario playable and provide a release date! PLEASE!

er, and Square Enix should definitely announce Western releases for Bravely Default kthx

Can't wait for Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Zero Escape 2, and EX Troopers(hopefully). We only need a confirmation of EX Troopers localization and Paper Mario for 2012 and I'll be happy. Then, more 3rd party support (specially from the West) is needed, which I hope we'll see at this E3.

Wishes:
Region unlock.
While highly unlikely, this.

Castlevania 3DS (sidescroller, please).
Sonic Adventure 3DS.
New 3DS Yoshi by Good Feel.
Chocobo Racing rebirth.
A trailer for Paper Mario 3DS to be shown on-stage that shows we're getting partners, that crushes the rumoured 7-king story, and some creative stages. To be released in early November 2012.
Nintendo Network accounts. Register all your already bought content in a new account for both 3DS and WiiU. Good-bye Friend Codes.
Localization of Project X Zone, Monster Hunter 3G + online, Professor Layton x Ace Attorney, Code of Princess(eShop), Guild 01 (each title separated, eShop), Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.
Localizations, many localizations! And whole new announcements! We can't get enough.

Expectations:
Contra 3DS (to go with the fact that a well stablished 3rd party is revealing a new game for 3DS)
Localization of Ex Troopers, Fire Emblem; Dempa Ningen and several Japanese eShop games showed (including Jett Rocket and new Nintendo eShop IPs); Animal Crossing and NSMB2 to be released on 2012, both eShop and retail. Nintendogs rerelease on eShop. Luigi's Mansion 2012 too but just retail.
Paper Mario pushed to 2013 :(
DLC for MK7 and 3D Land.
New 3DS Kirby.

kunonabi

Well the majority of titles I'm interested in are going to remain stuck in Japan so I don't see much coming of interest to me.

Fire Emblem
Zelda or Metroid for 3DS
Wii U - 3DS connectivity
Release dates
Maybe a new color.

Redesign, plain and simple. I will not own another one without a second analog stick if they choose to keep making games that need it.

Top Bottom