• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Expectations/Wishes for the 3DS at E3/Fall 2012?

Metallix87

Redesign, plain and simple. I will not own another one without a second analog stick if they choose to keep making games that need it.

There are no games out or being made that "need" it. In fact, very few games have been announced that even support dual analog control on 3DS.

-A date for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing.
-Castlevania
-Wind Waker 3D
lol :(
-And just bring the Ice White 3DS to the US already.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
- Soul Hackers localization.
- Silicon Studio to deliver a good game so Yoshida's art won't be wasted again on an even nicer looking game.

I don't think we'll get much, beyond release dates & expanded demos for the stuff revealed at E3, and the thing in Japan a few months back (Brain Age 3D, etc). NSMB 2 will get stagetime, because Mario. There'll be some new games, but nothing that'll win headlines.

But I think it's safe bet to expect a new Kirby title, a new Warioware, and possibly a new Advance Wars.

Oh yeah, and that Orange 3DS that was shown at E3 last year.
4495932_f520.jpg

Hey guys, we recently revamped our Nintendo Internet Power so now we have the massive, fantastic ability to release an entire two Gam Boy games on Virtual Console every week instead of just one!

Also, the games are tied to a system-independent account.

Also, the system is not region locked.

Also, we're localizing everything. Digitally, so there's no more excuses.

Also, new Advance Wars for 3DS and WiiU.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Support for eShop, companies to do and use the power of discounts and sales.

Nintendo announces they're handling all Ace Attorney games in the future, and announces localized versions of Ace Attorney vs. Layton and Investigations 2.

August: New Super Mario Bros 2
September: Fire Emblem
October: Luigi's Mansion 2
November: Animal Crossing
December: Paper Mario 3DS

I feel it will be something like this.
This would be okay too, but maybe throw some Majora's Mask 3D on that.

-Redesign (2 Slide pads, no region lock, better screen, etc.)
-An Increased Commitment to the Virtual Console Service (Including GBA & Virtual Boy)
-More Info & Release Dates for Animal Crossing, Paper Mario 3DS, Virtue's Last Reward, Smash Bros. 3DS, etc.
-eShop Releases for DS Games (Including unreleased games ex: Last Window, Happy Chibi-Robo!, Retro Game Challenge 2, etc.)
-A Pledge That All Games Will Include Control Options for Left Handed Gamers
-New Installments to Classic Nintendo IPs (F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Pro Wrestling, Advance Wars, Punch Out!!, Mach Rider, StarTropics, etc.)
-Localization Announcements:
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Ace Attorney Investigations Collection/2 (for 3DS)
  • Time Travelers
  • Guild 01
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry in Wonderland 3D
  • Project x Zone
  • Bravely Default
  • Soul Hackers
  • Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney

Etc, etc, etc...

Rich!

Wario Land, please! (and/or Advance Wars)

A proper Wario Land.

Wario Land Shake looked incredible (and was a great game), but it just didn't have the gameplay of the original three (and Virtual Boy). They need to expand on Wario Land 3, and really create an epic Wario game.

I mean hell, Wario Land 3 was essentially Wario crossed with Metroid.

Thoraxes

I want:

Summer Animal Crossing Release
Paper Mario Launch Window
Luigi's Mansion October Release
Announcement of AAI2 localization with Digital Release
eShop digital shop and account information for downloadable games
New Castlevania
Layton x AA announcement
Layton 3DS localization announcement for Oct./Late Sept.
MHTriG
Fire Emblem
Soul Hackers

Cheska

Just give me Layton vs Wright already! Seriously, if they would just localize some of these games, the world would be a better place.

matmanx1

Fire Emblem Awakening NA date
Monster Hunter TriG date
Rune Factory 4 date
Soul Hackers announcement
Bravely Default date
EX Troopers Date

Other than that I'm pretty happy.

There are no games out or being made that "need" it. In fact, very few games have been announced that even support dual analog control on 3DS.

The controls for Snake Eater 3D were laughable. Sure that's only one game and you may be right in the long run, but at the same time I don't quite trust it enough to get another one. I'll wait and see.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Castlevania
Metroid
Megaman (preferably an evolution of ZX)
Contra
Ninja Gaiden (thought they said one was coming)
F-Zero
Treasure action game

This would be an ideal line up for me.

Castlevania
Metroid
Megaman (preferably an evolution of ZX)
Contra
Ninja Gaiden (thought they said one was coming)
F-Zero
Treasure action game

This would be an ideal line up for me.

If they make a new Ninja Gaiden, I hope they won't go the same way they did with the 3. I'd really like a Ninja Gaiden like the first one. Not on Xbox but on NES. A side scrolling Ninja Gaiden, in 2,5D

KevinCow

Banned
Metroid - Prime or 2D, both could work really well with the 3D effect. Hell, just do both.
DKC
F-Zero

That's it. Make me happy, Nintendo.

rpmurphy

I hope it goes without saying that these are wishes, and not predictions.

Release dates:
Animal Crossing
Paper Mario

Good People Die

Localizations:
Project X Zone
Guild 01
Professor Layton x Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney 5
Bravely Default
Soul Hackers

Announcements:
* Returned attention to 3DS Virtual Console. Releases caught up to Europe, Virtual Boy and GBA added as systems
* Demos and videos added to eShop during conference
* Dragon Quest VII remake (I realize this is more of a Tokyo Game Show thing)
* New Zelda with new art style
* Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS (Again, I'm aware Pokemon games are generally not E3 announcements)
* Anything Monolith Soft
* Confirmation that Chocobo Racing is still happening

All I mostly want is reassurance is that we'll get a variety of quality titles brought to the US, including games in niche genres. I'm a little worried that might not happen, so as long as that does, anything else they mention would be icing on the cake.
My man.
Also want localizations for Etrian Odyssey 4 and Monster Hunter 3G.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Hopefully we'll see a surprising FPS or two.

Wouldn't be surprised to see COD. Expecting that one.

I would love to revisit FFIX

:(

I was thinking about that this week. I would love to see FFIX on the 3DS without the minor annoyances of the PS1 version but I don't know what kind of license issues exist with Sony since no FF which originally appeared on a Sony system has been on another. Though that could be the remakes are on handhelds and the 3DS is the first Nintendo handheld able to run them.

Cactus

Banned
A proper Wario Land.

Wario Land Shake looked incredible (and was a great game), but it just didn't have the gameplay of the original three (and Virtual Boy). They need to expand on Wario Land 3, and really create an epic Wario game.

I mean hell, Wario Land 3 was essentially Wario crossed with Metroid.

I totally agree.

As much as I love both WL4 and Shake It!, they (especially the latter) veered away from the formula that made 2/3 such great (and original) experiences.

Re-inject the weirdness, return to a style that more closely resembles "Wario-metroidvania," and I'll be very happy.

Oh yeah, and that Orange 3DS that was shown at E3 last year.
4495932_f520.jpg
That's red.
As for me, I want dates for Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario, localization of Fire Emblem Awakening, Zelda and Kirby 3DS game announcement, and an update for unified accounts around Wii U launch.

RPGamer92

Banned
Majora's Mask 3DS
Final Fantasy V and VI 3DS
TWEWY 2 3DS
Advance Wars 3DS
Pokemon Grey 3DS
DKCR2 3DS
F-Zero 3DS
Metroid Dread 3DS (lolz)
And the ultimate megaton: Final Fantasy VII 3DS!

Rich!

I totally agree.

As much as I love both WL4 and Shake It!, they (especially the latter) veered away from the formula that made 2/3 such great (and original) experiences.

Re-inject the weirdness, return to a style that more closely resembles "Wario-metroidvania," and I'll be very happy.

I have to say, Wario Land 4 was the weirdest of the lot. Little bit too much injected there.

Wario Land Shake felt really, really tame. It didn't feel like Wario in a lot of cases. The only throwback to the older games other than his moveset was Captain Syrup - and even then, she wasn't the same. And no transformations! doh.

Top Bottom