• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga launches campaign for "world first" black fragrance (Klein x Ridley Scott)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Lady Gaga's five-minute short film for her black-liquid fragrance Fame, which she'll debut Sept. 13 during a masquerade ball at New York's Guggenheim Museum, has the pedigree of a Hollywood movie: Ridley Scott producing, David Fincher's regular DP Jeff Cronenweth on camera, effects by Digital Domain, and, according to a source, a seven-figure-plus budget.

But one thing didn't make it into what Klein calls the "safe version" of the film, which is awash in black latex and surrealistic imagery. In a more violent director's cut (there are no clear plans on when it will be released), "She actually kills all the boys, like a massacre," says the photographer. The overall theme, he says, is about "the subject of fame, the dark and light side of it, the pleasures and the pains of fame. Fame can hold you as a prisoner in certain ways."

While Klein wouldn't comment on the budget of the film, he said: "You know, the film was expensive, but I guess the film has a price, fame has a price, the fragrance has a price. Everything has a price."

Read more here

Lady Gaga's FAME is stated to be the first black-colored perfume to spray clear and turn invisible once airborne. A technology patented by the manufacturer, and a world first for the industry.

168E4.gif
qWSCh.gif

Lady Gaga's new fragrance publishing arm, the HAUS LABORATORIES in Paris have also released two videos to promote the procedure involved with developed the fragrance.

They are available to view now by clicking the below thumbnails.

The first two (SOURCE and FORMULATION) are short "hype" videos about the compounding of the fragrance.

The full 5:30 "film" can be viewed by clicking the colour thumbnail with the perfume bottle itself
Be warned - it is somewhat NSFW

01.) HAUS LABORATORIES - LADY GAGA "FAME" (THE SOURCE)
02.) HAUS LABORATORIES - LADY GAGA "FAME" (THE FORMULATION)
03.) LADY GAGA "FAME" FILM​

People might dislike her here but I've always appreciated her originality and push to be different.

I don't actively dislike Gaga or anything, but I don't know how anyone could read:

article said:
The overall theme, he says, is about "the subject of fame, the dark and light side of it, the pleasures and the pains of fame. Fame can hold you as a prisoner in certain ways."

as being original or different. That's what most of her music has been about, and has been a constant theme in pop music for decades. It's right up there with loved ones being hard to forget and sex being fun.

Nemesis_

Probably the same formulation as invisible ink.

I am interested to know how it "works" too. Some people claim that when it's in the bottle it looks black, but when it's separated into particles as small as the ones that are vaporised, for example, it's too little of an effect and thus turns clear.

Aren't Digital Domain bankrupt?

It seems you are right - though this was filmed almost four to five months ago.

Maybe she sent them bankrupt? LOL

Replicant

Kind of disappointed. I was hoping to hear "Scheisse" in its entirety as background song. Instead we got incoherent whispers and moans.

gdt

I thought this was a perfume for black people.

My thought was "wtf they need their own perfume? ballllllinnnnnnn."

Stet

Banned
Can't wait for the world's first dark blue fragrance.

Oh shit, what about the world's first taupe fragrance??

royalan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIPYYBLlqbo

Now that's how you do a fragrance commercial.

No multimillion dollar budget, no pretence. The artist is in the spotlight, the theme for the fragrance is there. No need for unnecessary special effects. Beyonce IS basically the special effect.

Oh sis. I didn't even have to read the words in your post. As soon as I saw the link I knew what you were doing. Never change. <3

Anywho, consider me one of the idiots who actually stayed up and watched that colossal waste of time last night. I really didn't get the point. But hey, it's "art."

At least she had some good music playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom