• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Min maxing armor is the best:

Mastercrafted Ursine: Chest
Mastercrafted Feline: Boots, Gauntlets, and Pants
Mastercrafted Griffin: Silver and Steel Swords

No crossbow because it looks lame.

Ursine mastercraft does way too much damage to leave out tho (415 plus added on stats).

SmartBase

Finished the main story, did maybe just under two thirds of the side content. I don't really know what to say, it's phenomenal.

Definitely going for a more thorough playthrough once AMD finally releases the game's Crossfire profile.

brau

I activated the hair and beard DLC, but how do I actually change Geralts hair and beard in game?

Gotta go into Oxenfurt.

Witcher-Map-poster-bonus.jpg

This is a place where i could finally craft my griffin weapons.

Beefy

Geralt in a coat looks odd to me, and I really dig the Sign Intensity bonus that the Griffin armor gives. Figure if I've gotta choose between two sets that I don't like visually, might as well take the one with better stats.

I'm more a hand combat build, so may become more tanky with it.

UberLevi

Since there's two expansions being released down the road for The Witcher 3, do you guys think each one will come with another set of Witcher Armor to upgrade? Viper School armor for one DLC, and then Wolf School armor for the other?

Loving the Gwent titles although I think it's best to picks ones that won't be confused with the other thread. So tough!

Here is a shortlist of the most popular:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Radovid Sucks Flaccid Cock

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| The Northern Kingdoms is where he Gwent

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Bring out the gimp.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Pam Perram Pam Pam Perram​

Liking the first and last ones.
Last one is gold.

Newman96

Travelled to the Niflgardian camp, awesome area that's pretty big. Mad they have areas of this scale that you don't even head to in the main game (as far as I know)

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
What Heringer said.

It's definitely not 'broken'. You can argue it makes it feel clunky, heavy or unresponsive (even though technically it's none of those things except heavy). I don't think you can argue it's broken.

I don't want to bring the argument up again, Evazan, but look at how responsive and spot-on dodging and blocking is.
And again, blocking is not responsive because of the NPC's counter-windows being huge. Blocking is responsive because it happens immediately
. The fact that these combat mechanics are super-responsive – just as much as parrying and dodging in Bloodborne – tells us that Geralt attacks and swings slowly/heavily by design, not by error.

It's not a 'broken' mechanic – but fair play if you really dislike it.

Im playing the game in the way it intended at this point and I think Geralts movesets work relatively well against other humans but I find no joy in fighting any creatures for the most part. Thats when I feel the heaviness of the combat and it seems disjointed with the agility the enemies I am fighting.

womp

Quick question...

I got this for free via GOG with my new 970 card and have been heavily addicted all week with it...however, if I was to purchase it on Steam, would I be able to copy my save games over to it? Thanks.

Has anyone tried a full adrenaline sign build? Might be worth looking into with the bonuses you get from Mastercrafted Ursine armor, you don't really need sign intensity if you have mutagens.

link1201

Only for like three seconds when you load the area, right? Because that totally happens sometimes when I fast travel.

I like this one!
No it stayed black. I decided to sail up north instead of fast travel. Saw it coming...kept sailing game ran fine aside from that. I had been.playing all day.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
I want to meet the guy on the dev team that fought for the ludicrous falling damage that is in the game.

You know they had meetings where people said - "People hate this crap why put it in?" and this one brave soul valiantly tried to defend it and apparently did so well enough that horrendous aspect made it into the game.

brau

No it just happens randomly. After I fast travel sometimes my whole mini map goes black for a few seconds. Not had it stay black atm tho.

Interesting.

I have noticed that sometimes, when i meditate before a cutscene, i get it to rain during the cutscene. I usually just meditate for an hour to replenish stuff. So weird.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT2| Open-World CCG with RPG Gwent

Fixed.

psychotron

Anyone know where I can find some wraiths to get Emerald Dust? I killed a few in White Orchard and made an Viper Steel Sword, but I want that upgraded Silver Sword. I'm fighting way more monsters than humans.

It's what I will be trying.

I might not go with my mixmatching idea and just focus on that. For my four skill blocks (3 skills in each), I'm investing 1 into combat, 2 into sign, and 1 into general (adrenaline buffs).

Going to be fun to see how everything turns out.

Apt101

Level 16, a bunch of relic gear (I seem to upgrade something or get a new crafting plan or three every quest), still in Velen with no signs the questing is going to slow down. I still haven't been to Oxenfurt or any other city beside Novigrad.

About Dijkstra (and some other spoilers):
in his own way he's one of the more noble characters I've come across. I can't see how I can turn down his request to assassinate Radovid. First, Geralt (the way I am playing) owes him Triss's life and probably future. Secondly, Radovid wants to kill many people Geralt cares about. Seems like a no brainer. So after I help this funny playwright and save the doppelganger I'll go help put an end to Radovid.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Quick question...

I got this for free via GOG with my new 970 card and have been heavily addicted all week with it...however, if I was to purchase it on Steam, would I be able to copy my save games over to it? Thanks.

Since the save file is stored in my documents I don't see why it wouldn't work. Doubt it's got copy protections or anything, though you may be screwed out of achievements if that's your kind of thing.

SoCoRoBo

I'm going to boldly state that Ciri is the Danaerys of this game and is her equal in blandness and I hope I never get a game with her as the lead.

womp

Since the save file is stored in my documents I don't see why it wouldn't work. Doubt it's got copy protections or anything, though you may be screwed out of achievements if that's your kind of thing.

Not too concerned about that...I'm more interested in cloud saving to be honest. Nothing against GOG, but my PC library is majority in Steam, and I like to have everything under one umbrella so to speak.

Just easier for me to contend with.

Also for the DLC expansions, I want to be able to use Steam credit as well.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Chariot

I just image the interview CDPR has to have thanks to the Qwent hype.

"So, CDPR, you made one of the most amazing games in this year, maybe in the whole century, how do you feel about all the love and encouragement of your fans?"

"Yes, we are very proud of our work at Witcher 3 and -"

"I was talking about Gwent."

"Oh."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom