• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2013 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| A New Hope

Spat_triate

Just a warning to those who haven't bought the game yet. Konami have done it yet again. The demos play a lot differently to the full game, especially the way the CPU plays.

Every year it's the same: Demos are good, but in their attempt to make the game harder, they bolster the CPU with speed boosting, super agility and laser accurate passing. The result is the same slogfest (against the CPU) that plagued past games.
The attacking game is much improved, although user teammates make less runs (the smart zig zag runs from demo 1 are largely gone). Shooting has once again been nerfed to compensate for the shitty goalkeeping.

If you plan on getting the PC version, wait for Jenkey1002 to do his magic, he is already working on a patch that will remove the CPU cheating and add options to customize ball weight/speed etc.

Final word: the final game feels A LOT like PES 2012. The buyer's remorse has set in early this year.

raven777

Just a warning to those who haven't bought the game yet. Konami have done it yet again. The demos play a lot differently to the full game, especially the way the CPU plays.

Every year it's the same: Demos are good, but in their attempt to make the game harder, they bolster the CPU with speed boosting, super agility and laser accurate passing. The result is the same slogfest (against the CPU) that plagued past games.
The attacking game is much improved, although user teammates make less runs (the smart zig zag runs from demo 1 are largely gone). Shooting has once again been nerfed to compensate for the shitty goalkeeping.

If you plan on getting the PC version, wait for Jenkey1002 to do his magic, he is already working on a patch that will remove the CPU cheating and add options to customize ball weight/speed etc.

Final word: the final game feels A LOT like PES 2012. The buyer's remorse has set in early this year.

Really? I just pre-ordered it after playing the demo..

Sou

As with last year, they will probably update the gameplay in an upcoming patch.

Thrakier

I'm guessing reviews are based on final code. Also gameplay patches are a no go if you plan on playing online. Never will use one of them.

Cuddler

What???Why???I was so sure this year to buy PES for the first time since the PS2 era... :(

liger05

I was considering getting PES when it got the standard price drop in a month but am reading things which means I dont think I will bother.

Tried the FIFA 13 demo after reading those comments as I was a little reticent of going back to PES... There's no momentum in players' movement, my AI defenders just walk out of position (Juve were playing 1-2-1-4-2 then Barzagli tried playing offside...) and some even move away from attackers.

But it's so shiny and there's loads of leagues and my friends will actually buy it. God dammit...

Balboa

What's the situation regarding the sqaud updates etc on PS3 do I have to wait for the konami patch or are there unnofficial updates I can download?

shoplifter

Hmmm... Neither amazon nor GameStop have the PC version listed. I see Konami is doing another bang up job of distro this year.

dc89

NEmtu.jpg

Return of the King.

-Amon-

Played 4 hours straight versus ai at pro level. The game has changed from the demos but I can't really understand how someone could think it feels A LOT like PES 2012. I suggest to do the training sessions and try to use what you learned there in matches. Don't think about winning, just think to make the new features second nature.

Gameplay look more than OK, I'm having great fun ATM. Animations problems are still here but apart from that looks much better than 2012.

Spat_triate

Played 4 hours straight versus ai at pro level. The game has changed from the demos but I can't really understand how someone could think it feels A LOT like PES 2012. I suggest to do the training sessions and try to use what you learned there in matches. Don't think about winning, just think to make the new features second nature.

Gameplay look more than OK, I'm having great fun ATM. Animations problems are still here but apart from that looks much better than 2012.

I completed the training (which is actually kind of opaque in some of the exercises) and regularly use most of the new features but I have already encountered so many problems with the AI (both teammate and CPU) that I don't know if my view will change that much. It's not a PES 2012 clone i grant you, but I don't feel like it's quite a large enough step.

Apart from the obvious stuff, what do you think is so different than PES 2012 if you don't mind me asking?

If you're on PC what's your Konami ID?

-Amon-

The options you have on controlling the ball are a nice touch. With less than stellar players in midfield pressing is a viable defensive option. Ping pong passes are much less viable now because first touch pass is not that precise. In the last 20 minutes of the game teams stretch on the field' you can clearly see players tired now. More phisical play than before. Gaining pitch and moving forward is more difficult now in my opinion.

I'm on ps3.

Spat_triate

The options you have on controlling the ball are a nice touch. With less than stellar players in midfield pressing is a viable defensive option. Ping pong passes are much less viable now because first touch pass is not that precise. In the last 20 minutes of the game teams stretch on the field' you can clearly see players tired now. More phisical play than before. Gaining pitch and moving forward is more difficult now in my opinion.

I'm on ps3.

All of that may be true but is overshadowed (for me) by CPU skill/agility/speed boosting, horrible collision detection (balls going through feet etc), bad referees (a step back from last year actually), egregiously heavy use of 'rails', and finally bad player goal keepers (CPU keepers are much better).

It can be fun but like all of the PES of this generation, I feel like I am constantly fighting the game itself, which just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I've been frustrated with 2012 anytime I play against the CPU at the highest difficulty. I always thought that it was because I was off the boil, having been away from the series for years. Interesting to read that the CPU actually 'cheats'.

Thrakier

I played PC DEMO 2 tonight and have to see I already saw a lot of wonky AI moments and hilarious animation issues. It's still ok I guess. Will we see patches for the 2nd demo as well?

Ryck

Is anyone running this on Bootcamp? I keep trying to but it says my video card only has 64mb of vram ( it has 512). Apparently others have had the same problem but I can't seem to find a fix, any help would be greatly appreciated.

London FC : Drug addicts.

iuHsTOr5VpVf3.jpg

i3U0X4LhY8UWA.jpg

ibswYuxynBwa3c.jpg

and I really don't like that thick outline it makes around bald players heads, makes it look weirdly cartoonish

iyDRRsH9fzANL.jpg

At least they nailed Valdes intelligence by turning off his AI.

ix3tLW5B89cb6.gif

Overall the feel of the game is pretty damn good, the shooting, passing and so on all at the very least feels as good as Fifa and I would say shots on goal feels better, but just so many things still lacking that I can't really recommend it over Fifa.

derwalde

played a few games (with 1.0 pesedit-patch, still waiting to import camera settings from earlier PES) and this is by far the best PES in ages. the sheer amount of options to play your very own style of gameplay is impressive.

London FC : Drug addicts.

At least they nailed Valdes intelligence by turning off his AI.

ix3tLW5B89cb6.gif

Overall the feel of the game is pretty damn good, the shooting, passing and so on all at the very least feels as good as Fifa and I would say shots on goal feels better, but just so many things still lacking that I can't really recommend it over Fifa.

At least Hazard looks like him!

Bought the uk version of the pc game from konami hopefully they will send the cd key soon. Hope i dont have to wait till 25th to unlock.

Top Bottom