• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop Remake: Tazers instead of guns and emo Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've scanned through a bit of the actual script and uh...

I'm not going to lie it's a real jumbled mess really.

Honestly IMHO fans of the original will probably be dissapointed.

Here's some HEAVY spoilers

It's HEAVILY family centric, Robocop is heavily emotional seeing as this time they did not wipe out his emotions or clear his memory, he realizes what he is and is angry and emotional and all this and spends most of the movie going on about his family (like Spawn sorta) . He even cries in one scene. This isn't so much a big action movie as it is trying to be Sci-Fi or something.

Oh and there doesn't seem to be any violence...sorry fans of the original. His gun is a TAZER gun and therefore TAZERS a ton of criminals in action sequences. His body is strange that it is blue and looks like a cop uniform and his helmet is see through but when he goes into SWAT Mode he turns into that black suit in the photos and starts TAZERIN THEM CREEPS.

This is just the script though I suppose things will change.

Finished just about reading the ending

Again heavy spoilers

Gary Oldman's character completely controls Robocop or Murphy along with some chick technician, once Murphy disconnects himself by drilling himself in the head(old movie reference) and taking out the control thing he tries to find out what's going on and who killed him, turns out the company hired this guy to kill him then their own mercenaries to destroy his limbs, he can recreate crimes with his computer and does so and later when he discards his taser gun he uses a 44 magnum to try to fight off a bunch of ED-209's and other military drones.

Like the original movie he gets badly beaten by The ED's but this time rather than the cops firing on him they help him destroy the ED's. Finally he confronts Gary Oldman and kills him. The bad people get put in prison and OMNI Corp execs get thrown in jail. OMNI gets bankrupt til their yes...parent company OCP (with old logo) come in to take over. The Govt steps in to repair Robocop the best they can and he confronts his wife again this time explaining blah blah blah he can't be with her he'll protect her and gives her his blessing to go with the now Male; Jack Lewis. Jack Lewis raises his son and loves his wife while Murphy stays on the streets patroling. And they even give him his own statue

Just kill it with fire. RoboCop is one of my favorite heroes. This is total bullshit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Will make millions
q1H7f.gif

mrkgoo

Doesn't sound anything like the original, but that's ok. I don't mind seeing a different take on the concept. I'll give it a chance, how was the total recall remake?

I don't think any remake can stand to the original robocod - that was brilliant, but could be interesting to see a new one.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Doesn't sound anything like the original, but that's ok. I don't mind seeing a different take on the concept. I'll give it a chance, how was the total recall remake?

I don't think any remake can stand to the original robocod - that was brilliant, but could be interesting to see a new one.

James_pond_2_cover.jpg

Snaku

Banned
well in the script it pretty much says

female technician Kim: Well we can't have him wasting everyone

Gary Oldman's character: Right, Keeping it PG13.

actual lines.

Poignant commentary on current Hollywood action films.

mrkgoo

well in the script it pretty much says

female technician Kim: Well we can't have him wasting everyone

Gary Oldman's character: Right, Keeping it PG13.

actual lines.

That's actually kinda self-referential satire. Is it being too clever?

G-Fex

That's actually kinda self-referential satire. Is it being too clever?

Well there's some self-reference stuff in there

like them making fun of the original robocop suit.

*after test screening goes bad* Norton(Gary Oldman): Ok we'll change it.

Other Technician: Whaaaat? Are you kidding this body is great! It'll still be fresh 20 years from now!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Plus, the best part about Robocop isn't the suit. It's the sweet fucking automatic pistol. One of the coolest weapons in movie history.

G-Fex

Oh my god now I remember something while trying to see about the hand thing.

Murphy: If I was a robot I wouldn't feel my limbs.

Technician Kim: Dr. Amputees are often able to feel their limbs. Norton matched your phantom limbs to your new robotic limbs.

Murphy: What do you mean amputee?

Murphy stares at himself in the mirror, a human face on a steel body, he looks down at his crotch, now a steel plate

Murphy: The hell did you do to me?!?!?

Usually I don't really care about remakes. I don't care, Hollywood has been doing it for years. Hell, Ben Hur was a remake.

But tazers? What's the point?

When RoboCop disarms a criminal, its supposed to be literal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom