• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow" [Up: Rayman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I don't think that's something Rich would know in advance. Or would tease, for that matter.

A date confirmation of a free app already announced for NA would definitely not be at all surprising.

Takao

Banned
Zombiu being ported to PS360 would be "very interesting" given the Wii U bundle this week. It's from Ubisoft, originally began development on 360 (hence exclusive being in quotes in the wii u port post) and it's something Ubisoft said could happen.

Effect

I think I'd likely be done with Ubisoft if ZombiU ended being ported on top of that hanging over Rayman Legends. Lack of information and general lateness in regard to Assassin's Creed 3. So called "exclusivity" being used to get you to buy a game only for it to be taken away is something I'm seriously tired of. I hated that in the past and don't like having it happen to me now as exclusivity does play a part in me buying certain things. Add what is happening with Razor's Edge as well and it just leaves me disappointed.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think I'd likely be done with Ubisoft if ZombiU ended being ported on top of that hanging over Rayman Legends. Lack of information and general lateness in regard to Assassin's Creed 3. So called "exclusivity" being used to get you to buy a game only for it to be taken away is something I'm seriously tired of. I hated that in the past and don't like having it happen to me now as exclusivity does play a part in me buying certain things. Add what is happening with Razor's Edge as well and it just leaves me disappointed.

You do realize that Ubisoft support is by far the best of any 3rd party right now?

Shaffield

it can't actually be that Google maps thing, right?
i mean, he wouldn't say its "very interesting", on the same level as a PXZ localization, right?

Tagg9

I doubt Rich is privy to any first-party information. It has to be either an embargoed preview or a third-party announcement.

hatchx

Banned
it can't actually be that Google maps thing, right?
i mean, he wouldn't say its "very interesting", on the same level as a PXZ localization, right?

I heard PXZ was a pretty mediocre game. Face it, we are just desperate for localized 3DS games.

Google maps is awesome and everyone uses it all the time. It's free and it actually looks pretty cool.

I would not call either 'very interesting' to be honest.

Why are they wasting time on that Streetview thing? Reminds me of the Wii Channels that everyone tried once and then forgot about.

I'm just reading John Harker's post. It sounds like a game will be coming to Wii U, and perhaps a Wii U exclusive will be going to other consoles. Or something like that. Maybe a game slated to be in development for Wii U won't actually be finished.

I'm pretty surprised at the amount of work it seems to have taken to get Wii Street U working. It seems like more work than it's worth. I'm really getting tired of slapping "U" on every title and calling it a day as well.

3rd party Nintendo Direct

satoru_iwata.jpg

"We have been working very hard with our partners at Square-Enix on an exciting new game for Wii U. We hope you will enjoy what we are about to show you."

images

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm just reading John Harker's post. It sounds like a game will be coming to Wii U, and perhaps a Wii U exclusive will be going to other consoles. Or something like that. Maybe a game slated to be in development for Wii U won't actually be finished.

Pretty much. The most logical interpretations are:

A) Tecmo Koei porting Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is coupled with something like Dead or Alive 5+ coming to Wii U.
Or B) A Wii U exclusive, like Rayman Legends or ZombiU, is being ported to another system. Maybe with a game from the same company finally announced for the Wii U.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Yeah, "VERY INTERESTING" alright. Why does anyone listen to this guy?

While some people like discussing these sorts of topics and they are totally legit, I personally don't like announcements of announcements. I almost wish we had a rumor mill gaming subforum so I can see what's legit quicker.

Pretty much. The most logical interpretations are:

A) Tecmo Koei porting Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is coupled with something like Dead or Alive 5+ coming to Wii U.
Or B) A Wii U exclusive, like Rayman Legends or ZombiU, is being ported to another system. Maybe with a game from the same company finally announced for the Wii U.
Pretty much what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom