• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we don't know exactly how it will work... the first Smarglass is veeeery slow, so the second one still have many things to prove if developers want to use it in games.

I guess it will use WiFi Direct.

I'm still not convinced by the gaming applications, by the way. But it may be cool for generic apps, like switching your browser/skype call/video stream from your console to your phone or tablet back and forth.

Or showing the map or inventory.

EDIT: Again from vgleaks:

A user who has been bound via Companion to a console can be given system privileges, including the ability to turn on the console through the Companion device, sign in on the console by starting the Companion on a device, and interact with the console from a remote location (with some constraints).

From a title’s perspective, a Companion device shows up like any other controller, and it will typically have a user associated with it. If there is no user associated, the title can prompt for sign-in. Just like a controller, if the Companion becomes disconnected, the title is notified. Users will also be able to pass around a Companion device and change the identity associated with it.

Companion scenarios rely on a Wi-Fi connection with low latency and reliably high bandwidth between the console and the Companion devices, which connects over a Wi-Fi access point by default. The data stream to and from the console is encrypted.

The user will be prompted to connect directly to the console over peer-to-peer Wi-Fi, if network conditions aren’t favorable through the access point. For the most accurate simulation of the consumer experience, do not attempt to connect in infrastructure mode if your access point is several rooms away, or if you are in a setting with high levels of Wi-Fi traffic.

FordGTGuy

Banned
and-here-we-go-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1271.gif~original

Acheteedo

Hmm, talking of smartglass, if they could get a cheap plastic cradle that attaches your smartphone to the top of the xbox controller, that could open up full remote play to every xbox owner. More console owners will have smartphones than Vita's.

Hmm, talking of smartglass, if they could get a cheap plastic cradle that attaches your smartphone to the top of the xbox controller, that could open up full remote play to every xbox owner. More console owners will have smartphones than Vita's.

Something like this?

gamekilp-android-smartphone-ps3-controller-adapter-video-_1.jpg

oVerde

Banned
I fuken want Microsoft to bring up a Netflix of Games! This would kill Sony as they are claiming, and is absolutely great for everyone. Why can't they put their shit together with XBLA and GoD ?

Izick

Another good 3KillaBytes video about the potential of Xbox One stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL85djel0L8

They talk about the potential of the Kinect stuff (interesting side-note: I guess one of the hosts tweeted something about being in Mass Effect 4, and the model who plays male Shepard in ME 1-3 replied with a cryptic "dreams do come true" message with a wink face; they think it could be a little hint of being able to put your face directly into the game with the Kinect and possibly Eyetoy 3.0 cameras), the potential of the system overall, the negativity on the net, and how people immediately backlashed them for sharing their opinion, which wasn't completely negative.

Thought it was good stuff, but I usually enjoy their videos anyway.

I fuken want Microsoft to bring up a Netflix of Games! This would kill Sony as they are claiming, and is absolutely great for everyone. Why can't they put their shit together with XBLA and GoD ?

Would be possible at this point on the 360, but not Xbox One. Not even sure what the hell Sony is going to do early on for PS+, as they're not going to offer full PS4 games on launch day, obviously. I think we'll see interesting growth out of both MSony when it comes to Gold and PS+.

Really? :/

If your going to count Witcher 3 as a PS4 exclusive you might as well put Deep Down there too. I still have my doubts that either is going exclusive (espeically Deep Down as its Cacpcocm) but its weird why they won't confirm Xbone versions. EA did it with Battlefield but now all consoles are revealed.

Vico

If your going to count Witcher 3 as a PS4 exclusive you might as well put Deep Down there too. I still have my doubts that either is going exclusive (espeically Deep Down as its Cacpcocm) but its weird why they won't confirm Xbone versions. EA did it with Battlefield but now all consoles are revealed.

Oh, I thought it was actually confirmed to be exclusive. It's the way he worded it.

Like someone said, they're probably waiting for a special occasion, like E3...

quickwhips

MS likes PS fans to get all happy for exclusives then they steal them away. Sony isn't that heartless and are more upfront about it.

statham

Oh, I thought it was actually confirmed to be exclusive. It's the way he worded it.

Like someone said, they're probably waiting for a special occasion, like E3...
sorry, I'm just guessing because they are so quiet about it & Them being very anti-DRM. I hope its coming.

amardilo

Actually my hotshot for SmartGlass 2.0 is that the game can be streamed to it while your controller is within wifi range to the console. Predictions.

That's kind of what I want. My console is in my living room and if I could stream my game over WiFi to my iPad in another room while still using a controller (quick gaming session before I go to sleep or while I eat my breakfast) would kind of make me want to get a Xbone.

Cyborg

Arethe leaks of these games legit for the MS conf?

Banjo Kazooie: Gruntyland
Battlefield 4
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Brothers in Arms
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Crackdown 3
Dead Rising 3
Dying Light
Fable IV
Fortnite
Forza Motorsport 5
Halo: Spartan Assault
Halo 5
Homefront 2
Killer Instinct
League of Legends
Mirror’s Edge 2
Prey 2
Quantum Break
Rainbow Six: Patriots

Hype train me please.

There ain't no getting offa this train we're on til it gets to the end of the line.

Battlefield 4
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Brothers in Arms
Crackdown 3
Dead Rising 3
Dying Light
Fable IV
Fortnite
Forza Motorsport 5
Halo 5
Homefront 2
Killer Instinct
League of Legends
Mirror’s Edge 2
Prey 2
Quantum Break
Rainbow Six: Patriots

Nope, confirmed fake in another thread.

Battlefield 4
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Brothers in Arms
Crackdown 3
Dead Rising 3
Dying Light
Fable IV
Fortnite
Forza Motorsport 5