• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC:15 Minutes of Knack Gameplay

So what happened to this game?

First image= Reveal
Second image= Gamescom

zah5.jpg

lah2.jpg

This one doesn't look too bad

Even the lighting got axed, what gives?

VanWinkle

First image= Reveal
Second image= Gamescom

This one doesn't look too bad

Looks like a lot got upgraded and a couple things were downgraded (though the game is not finished yet so those kinks can be ironed out).

B.O.O.M

I think now I understand what bugs me about this game...doesn't look like it has a proper combo system! That would have made the fights much more interesting

PaulloDEC

First image= Reveal
Second image= Gamescom

The main difference in the first two (other than different scenery and camera angles) seems to be a change to the time of day. First ones have a lot of direct sunlight, kinda early-morning look.

sono

It looks better now to me too. The main thing I noticed is the textures in the environments are better than I recall from the earlier videos.

mr_nothin

Banned
They took off the off-line post production filters and now you see what's underneath.
And ppl need their eyes checked...saying the new screens look better. Wtf

They took off the off-line post production filters and now you see what's underneath.
And ppl need their eyes checked...saying the new screens look better. Wtf

So was the reveal version running on a ps4 with 4gb/8gb ram, or on a pc?

Yeah, whatever those top pics are looks cloudy and much less vibrant.
That's because the reveal video was running on a lower gamma setting for some reason.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't know, watching the Playstation Meeting trailer and the Gamescom trailer, I'm more impressed by the latter.

looks pretty generic and boring imo.

I think I've seen the words generic and boring used to describe so many games around here, they've completely lost all meaning.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Looks pretty good actually, I just don't like the look of the jumping, I feel like he should jump higher and have more air time like R&C

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Cherry-picked framegrabs from a video for a game that's still Work in Progress. There's plenty of other places in that trailer where you can pause it that show all the missing effects and texture detail you're trying to highlight from a mere three frames.

And the lighting looks just about the same. What exactly do you think got "axed"?

antic604

Banned
Damn, I see this coming along quite nicely! The graphics seems to improve quite a bit from the reveal - there's much more detail now, I love all the reflective surfaces, the particles; everything seems much more rich now. Also the gameplay got much more interesting - at moments you really have to dodge and avoid enemies almost like in Dark Souls.

Was on the fence about this, but now it really looks like a no brainer!

PSAcces has new hqnds-on too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caPNRZmBH8g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

KAL2006

Banned
Not a fan of this game at all, looks to be a poor mans action brawler. I would have preferred a full on platformer. Also Drive Club hasn't impressed me either. Thankfully Killzone Shadowfall looks to be impressive,and I will also check out Drive Club PSN+ Plus Edition simply because it's free.

Damn, I see this coming along quite nicely! The graphics seems to improve quite a bit from the reveal - there's much more detail now, I love all the reflective surfaces, the particles; everything seems much more rich now. Also the gameplay got much more interesting - at moments you really have to dodge and avoid enemies almost like in Dark Souls.

Was on the fence about this, but now it really looks like a no brainer!

PSAcces has new hqnds-on too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caPNRZmBH8g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Man that part at the beginning is giving me mad J&D TPL vibes (the setting), i love it!!!

whoszed

So far the gameplay has looked underwhelming. Also I just don't think Knack looks.. appealing to the eye. I still hope it'll turn out good and I'll now look at the new footage ever hopeful

Top Bottom