• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Fight Stick works with Killer Instinct at Xbox One Tour

Posted this in the Xbox One Tour thread but thought it may deserve it's own.

So I just came back from the Xbox One Tour (Truck) and posted my impressions in the main thread. The main topic being that some guy brought his Xbox 360 fight stick to try on Killer Instinct... and it worked. He said it was a MAS Pro Stick, big ass thing if you ask me. I took a few pictures of it and there are some official tweets from the @XboxOneTrucks with the guy and others using it too.

https://twitter.com/XboxOneTrucks/status/394135356242530304/photo/1

https://twitter.com/XboxOneTrucks/status/394165661414727680

Here is one that I grabbed:

sZZ0Uts.jpg

Chobel

I'm not interested in fighting games, but I think this is good news for X360 owners who are fans of fighting games.

clav

What does that even mean?

Can wired 360 controllers be used on the XB1 then?

A hard-wired 360 fighting stick uses 360 hardware ID numbers.

New002

I have a KI stick preordered from GS but I will be trying my original TE stick now before I crack the new one open.

clav

It could still be devkits with unfinished security and so on, just saying those are not "PC's"

If the wired part is true, is MS going to support the 360 USB wireless adapter usually used for PC for the XB1 for 360 wireless controller support?

Plugging in the 360 PC wireless adapter on the 360 actually works, and you can pair the controller with it. Sounds redundant, but it works.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So madcatz was bullshitting.

Guess I'll be converting my vshg to a next gen arcade stick. Already sold my TE.

Wait does this mean 360 controllers work on the Xbox one too?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Actually this makes no sense. The 360 controller innards are in the sticks. If this works then an arbitrary 360 controller should work too? No?
Just got $130 on Amazon for mine, I regret nothing.
130 + 30 dollars off a dual shock 4 =godlike

EvB

Actually this makes no sense. The 360 controller innards are in the sticks. If this works then an arbitrary 360 controller should work too? No?

130 + 30 dollars off a dual shock 4 =godlike

This is what I was thinking, I don't believe a PC knows the difference between a stick and a 360 pad.

Somebody should plug them in on a PC and post the USB hardware IDS of them both.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wut. MS dun goofed. i'm sure the retail units will have it locked out though.

also, as mentioned, someone get a wired wheel there!

Top Bottom