• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Fight Stick works with Killer Instinct at Xbox One Tour

Wynnebeck

Banned
^LOL Lefty likes his Xbox.

Also, not like any of you need to sell your TE since Capcom said they aren't porting Ultra to PS4/Xbone.

I am not getting my hopes up for this. Either its a PC they are running it on here, or they just haven't implemented a block yet. I fully expect my current gen sticks to be useless with launch PS4s and Xbones.

I should go armed with a array of wired 360 controllers, fight sticks, racing wheels, etc.

Gotta check when this hits the L.A. area

jbug617

Banned
My guess it was PC build of KI. See in this photo from this week they are not using the new sticks and the Xbox One was not visible.

BXh8qQ-IMAAgvRO.jpg

.la1n

Markman is in South Korea right now and probably fast asleep so I wouldn't expect him to respond anytime soon, assuming there is anything to even comment about.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I already know some sticks will work with the next-gen consoles while some will not. Wait and see approach really.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Actually this makes no sense. The 360 controller innards are in the sticks. If this works then an arbitrary 360 controller should work too? No?

130 + 30 dollars off a dual shock 4 =godlike
I think they're still using debug kits for these events. I remember one of the images from the tour thread showing the launcher with some testing apps. It probably doesn't have the controller/licensing check the retail kits will have.

oh thank god

please work with the retail units ;_;

might've missed some news, but do we know if (some) USB controllers will work with the PS4 like they do with the PS3? that'd be just lovely, no new arcade sticks for me~

jbug617

Banned
Got an answer from Markman. Those are devkits

@bosjbug @albertpenello on the test and dev kits we are able to use/test using our old 360 sticks.... Like we used previously for shows(TGS)

Nice at least there is evidence of sticks working before Madcatz sends in the request for them to patch it out
Im joking Markman

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BTW. Sorry to disappoint anyone as I know your money and time is valuable. I wanted to clear up the misconception that Mad Catz has any say of having our Xbox 360 products work/be compatible with Xbox One.

It is not something that is in our control. Personally I've already stated that I would love for our old products to work.

Cheers.

derFeef

So that confirms it's just bullshit that we can't use our old sticks. Got it.
edit: Nothing is saying that I think, MarkMan - we know it's MS.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I don't think it's BS. There is a lot the new controllers/sticks require now for full compatibility with the One. Maybe I can explain in another post when I'm at my computer and not in an airport line lol.

derFeef

I don't think it's BS. There is a lot the new controllers/sticks require now for full compatibility with the One. Maybe I can explain in another post when I'm at my computer and not in an airport line lol.

haha, much appreciated man.

Ghazi

Even if they are test/dev kits the functionality is there, so that means there shouldn't be any reason to not have support for them other than to force people to buy a new fight stick.

J0dy77

Actually this makes no sense. The 360 controller innards are in the sticks. If this works then an arbitrary 360 controller should work too? No?

130 + 30 dollars off a dual shock 4 =godlike

Wow, didn't even realize this deal. Thanks for the heads up.

nampad

Well done Microsoft. Backwards compatibility with accesoires is great. Now lets see if the Madcatz stick work.

notworksafe

Ahh, "full compatibility". So maybe the stick/buttons work but there's the new headset plug that MS is using that 360 sticks wouldn't have, so technically they aren't fully compatible.

I'm guessing it's something like that.

Dai101

Banned
A MAS would probably have a custom board in it. Any info on what the guy was using (chimp? PS360+? Cerberus?)

Exactly. I don't know, maybe official arcade sticks won't work (Madcatz, Hori, etc.) but who knows about custom made boards like those you mentioned.

Top Bottom