• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
fuckkkk. friend codes whhhyyyyyy!?!?

its not like we are leaving the age of wii/ds anytime soon, but nintendo please do it up xbox live style next time. its hard to believe, but some of us take online gaming seriously.

Crushed said:
wi-fi03_071203c-l.jpg

Ahahahaha.

Confirmation, bitches. Argument am over total.

I'm not a man. I'm a winning machine.

Zeed is still banned?! I had no idea!

Zeed said:
Angelo is my protege and official successor for the position of SSBB Thread Troll. Thanks to his dedicated efforts, I don't have to post here as much anymore.

-salutes-

Let the games begin!

I think I'll start things off with a nice

"Hey guys, you know this stupid looking avatar I've been using for a few weeks now?!?! Flip it upside down in paint and invert the colors!"

HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT.

My computer has a handy dandy shortcut I use to invert the colors for everything on my screen, which is a fun distraction once in a while and has actually come in, well, handy every so often.

So, command+/ and

HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
CassSept said:
First ive thought this update is horrible.
Then pics loaded. And to my eyes appeared this gem
wi-fi03_071203c-l.jpg

Sakurai ftw:lol :lol

didnt even notice that lol. these upadates have had some of the best humor and odd translations ive read recently.

Why is this rated T? Melee didn't deserve it, so figure with the new E10+ rating Brawl wouldn't get it either.
now i have to ask my mommy

Anyway this update is lame. :( I do appreciate Real Men Use Items though.

doogles said:
Why is this rated T? Melee didn't deserve it, so figure with the new E10+ rating Brawl wouldn't get it either.
now i have to ask my mommy

Anyway this update is lame. :( I do appreciate Real Men Use Items though.

I also didn't think Brawl deserved the T rating.

Then I remembered the SSE scene of Donkey Kong mercilessly destroying Troopas.

XSX

SuperAngelo64 said:

-salutes-

Let the games begin!

"Hey guys, you know this stupid looking avatar I've been using for a few weeks now?!?! Flip it upside down in paint and invert the colors!"

:lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
SuperAngelo64 said:

-salutes-

Let the games begin!

Oh great, now who will take YOUR place as thread troll? It was nice seeing you around GAF.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
SuperAngelo64 said:
:O

sp0rsk said:
(neutral) SuperAngelo64
Banned

Goodbye. Good riddance really.

Haha, at first when I was looking at it and imagining it upside down, I thought that I was looking for a shape. All I could say was "wtf is offensive about this?".

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Man, some people take this thread waaaaay too seriously (zeed, SA64, etc). Its like we've got our own society and everything inside this very thread. Cant wait for the game to be out and see this bitch locked.

That being said :lol at the people who still think Sakurai writes these updates. Its one of the marketing guys at NoA that translates it all into English, probably changes a few things too (so yeah, Sakurai probably has no clue what ROFL means, sorry).

Iam Canadian said:
Out of curiosity, what was the original release date for the Japanese version, if there was one?

Mid, late December, I think

JCX

I'll just list a bunch of likely updates so my hopes won't get up

sheik unvieled/ moves
zelda final smash
sheik final smash
kirby moves
kirby final smash
kirby level
Box art revealed ( I know we've already seen it)
price
trophies based on game saves/vc games owned

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Iam Canadian said:
So perhaps the real Decemberton will be on the original Japanese date!

Believe?

You know it had me confused for a while. Originally the game was going to ship in the US FIRST, but now Japan gets the game a month EARLIER. Whats the deal with that? After thinking about it, the answer is simple, the delay is most probably to iron out the online mode. Its a known fact that US gamers demand a better online mode (and that the Japanese dont really give a shit), so thats why the game will come out on America later, to polish the online aspect as much as possible.

When I was working on Tiger Woods for the PS2, working on the online mode and all the bugs it brought with it, it literally added a whole 2 months of development time .. and bear in mind thats only Tiger, whose online mode is not robust and in all honesty ...it kinda sucked.

So my guess is this, the game is pretty much done at this point and most of the art team is already finished with the game and probably on some other projects. In videogames there must be an art lock at least a month or two before the game releases so that engineers can do their work properly (hard to code and finalize shit when theres new art being implemented, which could cause the game to crash, etc, it happens in all games). The engineers stayed behind and are spending the remaining dev time to improve the online experience, fixing the myriad of online bugs that they're most probably getting from test.

NeonZ

Jiggy

If this thread wasn't so freaking huge, one of these days I would go through it and figure out how many people got banned over this long, long haul we've been on.
Also, I'm at 1772 posts right now, which means I account for 35.44 pages of this thread. Whoo-hoo. :D

usea

Raging Spaniard said:
You know it had me confused for a while. Originally the game was going to ship in the US FIRST, but now Japan gets the game a month EARLIER. Whats the deal with that? After thinking about it, the answer is simple, the delay is most probably to iron out the online mode. Its a known fact that US gamers demand a better online mode (and that the Japanese dont really give a shit), so thats why the game will come out on America later, to polish the online aspect as much as possible.

When I was working on Tiger Woods for the PS2, working on the online mode and all the bugs it brought with it, it literally added a whole 2 months of development time .. and bear in mind thats only Tiger, whose online mode is not robust and in all honesty ...it kinda sucked.

So my guess is this, the game is pretty much done at this point and most of the art team is already finished with the game and probably on some other projects. In videogames there must be an art lock at least a month or two before the game releases so that engineers can do their work properly (hard to code and finalize shit when theres new art being implemented, which could cause the game to crash, etc, it happens in all games). The engineers stayed behind and are spending the remaining dev time to improve the online experience, fixing the myriad of online bugs that they're most probably getting from test.
The game (nor its online mode) will be significantly different between jpn and na releases. The difference is solely for release timing. I've been saying this for a long time, but everybody seems to think the game was delayed so they can add more characters or something. And yet the jpn release date isn't even a month later than it was previously. Nintendo has absurd QA and certs to go through, they aren't adding new stuff at the last minute. The game is done.

usea said:
The game (nor its online mode) will be significantly different between jpn and na releases. The difference is solely for release timing. I've been saying this for a long time, but everybody seems to think the game was delayed so they can add more characters or something. And yet the jpn release date isn't even a month later than it was previously. Nintendo has absurd QA and certs to go through, they aren't adding new stuff at the last minute. The game is done.
I agree

That is not to say there won't be alot more things we don't know about, but I'm certain the delay was for polishing and making sure the online structure will run as smoothly as possible, if anything.

Wow @ Angelo's avatar. I sat there staring at it for three or four minutes trying to figure out what was going on before booting up Paint Shop and inverting the colors. :lol

NO TOMO CHANGE YOUR POST NOW

WastingPenguins said:
Wow @ Angelo's avatar. I sat there staring at it for three or four minutes trying to figure out what was going on before booting up Paint Shop and inverting the colors.
You know MSPaint does that, right? :lol

Fireblend

Banned
doogles said:

Even easier, you can invert the whole screen on Ubuntu with "WindowsKey+N" :p

Anyway, predictable update. Where's my sonic stage? D:

Raging Spaniard said:
You think they're going to spend two weeks polishing out online?

The game will probably have gone gold for both regions by early January.

doogles said:

Yes? It isn't any harder to do it with Paint Shop Pro, and I've got a shortcut to that right on my desktop. Don't really see the difference. Anyway, funny stuff, this thread always delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom