• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Insaniac said:
Ahh! I see, he fell off the side between the stairs and the wall right? Fixed :)

Is it uploaded to your fileshare? I wish to download it and pretend I'm Frankie engaged in Humpdayness.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Insaniac your map is awesome.

Why is their only one flag room with a shield door by the way?
The blue side if Im not mistaking.

GhaleonEB

Suggestion for future Forge parts:

Control panel to remote-activate a door or gate, ala Last Resort/High Ground/Standoff. Link the two like the teleporter pairs. It would add a more dynamic element to maps.

Insaniac

OverHeat said:
Insaniac your map is awesome.

Why is their only one flag room with a shield door by the way?
The blue side if Im not mistaking.

i don't think there is one side with a shield door.. let me check

edit: oops looking at wrong part, you're right, better fix that!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Insaniac said:
i don't think there is one side with a shield door.. let me check

edit: oops looking at wrong part, you're right, better fix that!

Get your shit together man! What kind of fly by night development operation are you running over there?

Insaniac

urk said:
Get your shit together man! What kind of fly by night development operation are you running over there?

I'm running the kind of development that finishes maps at 4 AM what'd you think! >.>

Alright, Map is updated reuploaded...

Deleted that extra shield door at blue flag room

Added an extra BR and Carbine spawn at the big double boxes near the flag rooms

Fixed the ramps with fuelrods under them for smoother traveling

Fixed the stairwell next to gravlift to prevent falling in and getting stuck

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Insaniac said:
I'm running the kind of development that finishes maps at 4 AM what'd you think! >.>

Alright, Map is updated reuploaded...

Deleted that extra shield door at blue flag room

Added an extra BR and Carbine spawn at the big double boxes near the flag rooms

Fixed the ramps with fuelrods under them for smoother traveling

Fixed the stairwell next to gravlift to prevent falling in and getting stuck

Finally a patch!

LukeSmith

traveler said:
We should create a Neogaf Forge profile ala the other clan identities so those of us in need of testers as well as willing to test others can have a group to work with online.

If you guys do this, I'm in!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
LukeSmith said:
See and everyone was being so nice just now, too :(

Remember when we were all like, "OMG! Can't wait for Halo 3 to come out!!!!" and you were all, "Welp, looks like I'm off to play some Halo 3, dudez!"

Insaniac said:
:)

hey could you post a replay of the game on great wall? I would really like to see it
i would like to see it too
no one i know has downloaded the maps (aside from gaf, but i never actually play with you guys).

Walshicus

GhaleonEB said:
I hope the next open map to build out is a...happier place. The rusty browns and smoke choking the little daylight make for a dungeon-like feel.

An island! With a selection of prefab buildings.

Insaniac

LukeSmith said:
Yeah it will be up in the Humpday at EOD along with links to the file in your fileshare

Very cool, the new version is Great Wall v2.0. Let Joe know so he doesn't have to get stuck anymore

Stabby McSter said:
i would like to see it too
no one i know has downloaded the maps (aside from gaf, but i never actually play with you guys).

Thirded! Ive messed about with a buddy (on that map) but id like to see it in action. Also I'm in for the forge clan

jet1911

traveler said:
We should create a Neogaf Forge profile ala the other clan identities so those of us in need of testers as well as willing to test others can have a group to work with online.

Great idea!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
What do you guys think about this map that I'm currently in the drawing board (or PDF sketch bad) with:

The map will be in Foundry, and will be called "Shopping Center". The name is self-explanatory. It's essentially a "shopping center" or 'mall' that's created in Foundry. There will be multiple 'stores' (Double box and Single box, Open) with each store having a unique amount of weapons. For example, one store will be Power-Ups only with custom made powerups, camo, overshield, etc. Another store will be long-range weapons with a Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle, etc. The catch is that all the weapons will have limited ammo, and the weapons won't respawn as fast as to encourage you to "shop around" (i.e. go around and grab other weapons from another store)

Remember in the RvB video that came out a day before the maps came out that showed a series of man-cannons put together, covered by a horse shoe shaped object, so that the object would travel to the other side? Yeah well I'm going to make that, but arching upward and downward to resemble escalators from a mall.

I'll also make one elevator in the map as well (A perma grav lift surrounded by a small wall, but an opening on the bottom for a Spartan to go through.

I'm thinking of also making a second floor for this shopping center and have two special shops up there.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Insaniac said:
of course i'd be up for the forge group!

DominoTheory, sounds very cool, let me know when you finish it!

Thanks. I could use your help from time to time on the map.

I downloaded your Great Wall yesterday, and wow. I was stoked about the first side, but then when I went up the pathway, I saw a sheild door leading to another side and I was like "WHAT? THERE'S MOAR?"

Insaniac

Domino Theory said:
Thanks. I could use your help from time to time on the map.

I downloaded your Great Wall yesterday, and wow. I was stoked about the first side, but then when I went up the pathway, I saw a sheild door leading to another side and I was like "WHAT? THERE'S MOAR?"

hehehe, i'm glad everyone like my map! and i'd be glad to help you, i'm a real stickler in forge, I like to make sure my maps look really nice >.>

Thug Larz

Neo Member
Late to the party, but Great Wall is awesome, BTW.

I need to check out more Forge variants this weekend, but the community has consistently amazed me in the last couple days with Foundry. Good stuff. :)

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I'm going to give this bastard a whirl. Here's my inspiration:

RaidersSmithsonianWarehouse.jpg

squicken

urk said:
I'm going to give this bastard a whirl. Here's my inspiration:

http://www.mysteriousworld.com/Content/Images/Journal/2003/Summer/Giants/RaidersSmithsonianWarehouse.jpg[/QUOTE]

Do you consider yourself "Top Men"?

edit: oh, and Mass Effect beat you. Like 500 times they beat you, on every out of the way planet in the fucking galaxy they beat you.

Walshicus

Insaniac said:
*face_shock*
holy cow, i am honored! :D

You should be, I love the map! I did notice there were a few spawns that faced into the inner walls of some containers though; I got a tad confused when I started the round in pitch black. I rotated those 90 degrees and had a much better time. It's in my fileshare if you want to try it and integrate those changes into your official release. :)

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Sir Fragula

Insaniac

Sir Fragula said:
You should be, I love the map! I did notice there were a few spawns that faced into the inner walls of some containers though; I got a tad confused when I started the round in pitch black. I rotated those 90 degrees and had a much better time. It's in my fileshare if you want to try it and integrate those changes into your official release. :)

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Sir Fragula

ya know, I was thinking about that today and I rotated em too :)

bj00rn

Banned
No offense Bungie, I love Halo 3, and I have had a lot of great time with it both in SP and MP. But there is just too much crap going on in multiplayer in general, especially camping and unsporting conduct in Team Doubles, it's just insane.

Camping is bad enough, but f.ex. In one recent game, once the other two guys got one kill more they went hide in a "glitch" for 15 minutes. When I asked one of the guys why they did it, he answered "We got hungry, so we hid and went to Subway - Haha"...

In another one at Epitaph once the got one kill more the other guys just went jumping to suicide continuously for 10 minutes (so we didn't get to shoot them) - They still won the round of course..

Yeah, it would be funny if it happened now and then, but it's all the time these days, and I'm tired of it.

I thought that with saved films Halo 3 would be more moderated. But as of now this is my quick solution to fix the problem, a protection against a possible heart attack and a "protest" against people ruining Halo 3 MP:

13122007162_thumb.jpg

Yeah, maybe it is "childish" of me to ruin the disk, but still... I wish there was some sort of "older gamer"-matchmaking... :(

bj00rn said:
No offense Bungie, I love Halo 3, and I have had a lot of great time with it both in SP and MP. But there is just too much crap going on in multiplayer in general, especially camping and unsporting conduct in Team Doubles, it's just insane.

I thought that with saved films Halo 3 would be more moderated. But as of now this is my only solution to fix the problem, a protection against a possible heart attack and a "protest" against people ruining Halo 3 MP:

13122007162_thumb.jpg

Yeah, maybe it is "childish" of me to ruin the disk, but still... I wish there was some sort of "older gamer"-matchmaking... :(

This is the dumbest, most immature thing I've ever seen. You should be ashamed.

bj00rn said:

Camping is bad enough, but f.ex. In one recent game, once the other two guys got one kill more they went hide in a "glitch" for 15 minutes. When I asked one of the guys why they did it, he answered "We got hungry, so we hid and went to Subway - Haha"...

In another one at Epitaph once the got one kill more the other guys just went jumping to suicide continuously for 10 minutes (so we didn't get to shoot them) - They still won the round of course..

Yeah, it would be funny if it happened now and then, but it's all the time these days, and I'm tired of it.

I thought that with saved films Halo 3 would be more moderated. But as of now this is my only solution to fix the problem, a protection against a possible heart attack and a "protest" against people ruining Halo 3 MP:

13122007162_thumb.jpg

yeesh, the cheap bastard in me cringes.

bj00rn

Banned
Sorry, it was not meant to "show off" my elite money skills, nor to offend anyone. I deleted the picture now as it seemed to offend some of you guys and derail my "point" whatever it was.

Walshicus

Tieno said:
Sir Fragula said:
Yeah but that $40 or so trade-in would have bought a really nice sandwich.
It's his money, now there's one less used game on the market. So Bungie wins.
I meant for me... a nice sandwich that is. I'd have even posted a picture of it. It would have been better than the terribly simple Tuna baguette I just made.

bj00rn

Banned
MaizeRage25 said:
You should be ashamed.

Well, I'm trying, but I just can't do it, sorry. The problem is that it's just a piece of polycarbonate plastic with some binaries on it. I guess it would help on my shame if the thingy used to be breathing.

bj00rn said:
Sorry, it was not meant to "show off" my elite money skills, nor to offend anyone. I deleted the picture now as it seemed to offend some of you guys and derail my "point" whatever it was.

Hey, I'm with ya, some of the people playing on Live are a bunch of douchebags who all think they're fucking hilarious. This is why I've started playing a lot of social matches on H3. Still, no reason to waste 60 dollars.

bj00rn said:
Well, I'm trying, but I just can't do it, sorry. The problem is that it's just a piece of polycarbonate plastic with some binaries on it. I guess it would help on my shame if the thingy used to be breathing.

You should be ashamed because it's a completely immature thing to do in the first place, and then to take a picture and post it on here makes it that much worse.

TDG

Banned
There's so much drama and excitement going on! It's like a soap opera with less sex! I'm going to pop some popcorn!

...MaizeRage25: What's your Gamertag. Just curious.

Oh my fucking god sometimes I HATE halo 3 online, it is so broken it makes me want to throw my pad, and I hardly ever get this stressed.

I got the sword on the pit, crouched around a corner because I saw someone coming, I get the element of suprise and lunge him the MOMENT he appears around the corner and make a clean connect, half a second after my sword had just gone thru him I die because he had time to counter, I had full shield, TOTAL BULLSHIT!

Another match someone jumps over me after I start shooting him first, both with AR, I melee his legs and hear the noise and everything but the game gives him time to land and lay one on me after getting bonus time shooting me in mid flight after I melee.

This close quaters judgement stuff is total bullshit bungie, completely, I am disapointed in how you seriously came to this conclusion.

TDG

Banned
I wish Forge had Pillars. It would make building on top of stuff much easier.

MaizeRage25 said:
Uh oh, what'd I do now?
Just wondering, my maize and blue friend.

EDIT: nvm, I checked your profile. Forget all that has happened.

the disgruntled gamer said:
I wish Forge had Pillars. It would make building on top of stuff much easier.

Just wondering, my maize and blue friend.

EDIT: nvm, I checked your profile. Forget all that has happened.

I hope you're not a Michigan fan, it's fucking painful.

I would also accept depressing.

EDIT: I checked YOUR profile, and see you're from Ohio so it's unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom