• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got fired 4 1/2 months ago, now make 3x what my boss did + $100 Giveaway Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Happy for you MVP. I couldn't do what your doing and honestly fuck your old boss ( I think you deserve to pay him back some of that karma, by making sure he finds out your making more now someway). Must feel good to look back at what you did the last four months.

Hope I win (shit man, a $100 is still $100).

The OP sounded and looks like a infomercial. Who cares I'm in it for the money!!!

2014 has to be my year financially. Won 100 bucks in my job football pool, won 50 bucks on a lotto scratch off this past Sunday and I plan on winning this 100 bucks. All will go towards my SteamBox!!!!!

Damn, I wish I had that kinda money. o_O

I never win these things but I guess I'll try to win this for amazon, no harm in it. (Unless I forget about the contest lol.)

MVP

Banned
Are you running bots which post on local news stations comment sections? "My sister makes 50 an hour from home doing nothing" go to mysterious website linked here to learn more.

Nope, that's just one crappy method that I'd never even bother with, because advertisers hate Youtube traffic, it never backs out for them, and affiliate networks wil end up banning you.

I have a few grand to burn, but I research everything totally before I get involved. This is marketing to your facebook/instagram/twitter/forum friends type marketing correct?

No, affiliate marketing is simply marketing other companies' products/service, and receiving a commission. It's not only the spammy crap you see in Youtube comments or the shady stuff you see. It's also the webhosting banners you see for Mediatemple, it's the banners you see selling Wordpress themes, in a way it's your car dealership. They are an affiliate of the manufacturer directly (Ford, Toyota, whatever), and when they sell a car, they get a cut. The dealership doesn't make the cars, they only sell them to you because the manufacturer is too busy making shit.

TheMan

This definitely sounds like pyramid scheme bait. I really hope that kind of shit isn't allowed here.

Coconut

Banned
I was in the same position and then a relative of mine, some Nigerian prince got a hold of me. All he needed was my bank account information to keep some money in it while some war over there was going on and he was going to give me half of a million dollars. I sent him the info last week hopefully that bread will be in my account by tomorrow.

statham

Nope, that's just one crappy method that I'd never even bother with, because advertisers hate Youtube traffic, it never backs out for them, and affiliate networks wil end up banning you.

No, affiliate marketing is simply marketing other companies' products/service, and receiving a commission. It's not only the spammy crap you see in Youtube comments or the shady stuff you see. It's also the webhosting banners you see for Mediatemple, it's the banners you see selling Wordpress themes, in a way it's your car dealership. They are an affiliate of the manufacturer directly (Ford, Toyota, whatever), and when they sell a car, they get a cut. The dealership doesn't make the cars, they only sell them to you because the manufacturer is too busy making shit.
Interesting. I'm going to look into this more.

Ban Puncher

gxGHR.gif

C.Dark.DN

Banned

What's a legit but expired method you've done? If you're not doing spammy stuff, I'm assuming there's flavor of the week or month methods that other people catch on to and you eventually drop or spend a lot less time with.

Good for you, and that's the dumbest reason to fire someone if I've ever heard one....I see the words "violation of rules" and I'm thinking you did something illegal, smdh.

oneHeero

Good stuff OP, happy for you. I always hope to do something similar when I can. I often think to myself I'd give out cash if I won the lotto.

Putting my name in for the $100, I can use it!

I was in the same position and then a relative of mine, some Nigerian prince got a hold of me. All he needed was my bank account information to keep some money in it while some war over there was going on and he was going to give me half of a million dollars. I sent him the info last week hopefully that bread will be in my account by tomorrow.
hey let your nigerian prince know I can double his money on the market right now. I don't want to give it away but I'll just say this: penny stock options

joelseph

in a way it's your car dealership. They are an affiliate of the manufacturer directly (Ford, Toyota, whatever), and when they sell a car, they get a cut. The dealership doesn't make the cars, they only sell them to you because the manufacturer is too busy making shit.

I would argue that selling an actual product is different than second hand advertising.

MVP

Banned
What's a legit but expired method you've done? If you're not doing spammy stuff, I'm assuming there's flavor of the week or month methods that other people catch on to and you eventually drop or spend a lot less time with.

Was advertising on Plentyoffish before but never made it profitable (that's part of the few grand I lost lol) You can make decent coin advertising paid dating sites, companies like Match.com or whatever will give you a cut. It's very competitive though, and POF has a bidding system I don't like (blind auction style, where you pay what you bid, instead of other companies that just charge you .01 over the next highest bidder)

Alright, entering just for kicks. I never win any of these giveaways, but still, thank you OP for doing this.

Most of my friends work freelance and I'd say a majority of those make more money than I do working 9-5 (and I'm very well paid, mind you). Good on you OP.

TheMan

Like others have said- you sound like a fucking informercial, you post your revenue and talk about how much you make, but oh no you couldn't let us in on your secrets. Wouldn't be surprised if PMs are being answered with links showing how they too can make a bundle from home!

Risible

I'm not sure I understand how the OP makes his cash, as I am clueless when it comes to sales and marketing. However, I'm pretty sure it's not blood money nor is he selling crack to babies, so I would happily take his hundo. Let's do this.

MVP

Banned
I would argue that selling an actual product is different than second hand advertising.

Affiliate marketing IS selling actual products/services. Look around at a lot of sites you do business with, search around the footer of the page or hidden in the sidebar, you'll find their affiliate program somewhere. Hell, Apple and Amazon has an affiliate program and people make good money with them. Do they not sell actual products?

Nugg

So, how does this work? Do I owe you money for clicking this thread?
Congrats on whatever this is!

Good for you man. I've taken shit at work in my time and know how good it feels to wipe your success all over the faces of those small people with smaller power but huge power trips.

Shit I got pulled into a meeting and reprimanded because I missed work for two days when my five year old had a series seizures and an extreme fever. A month later or so, after I left work early when my wife had been taken to the hospital, the same boss told me my 'family was interfering with my work' and maybe I should 'take a leave to sort out my priorities'. Small people are small, man.

Anyway good for you, keep it up and never forget ypur motivation.

I remember you dabbing on some stuff a few months back. I believe you were on the losing trend though so it's nice to see you bounce back from it. I don't know anything beyond that because I didn't understand anything you were talking about.

Anyway... Congrats, OP

MVP

Banned
Like others have said- you sound like a fucking informercial, you post your revenue and talk about how much you make, but oh no you couldn't let us in on your secrets. Wouldn't be surprised if PMs are being answered with links showing how they too can make a bundle from home!

I honestly don't give a flying fuck what I sound like to you, and I'm not here to baby anyone or teach anyone anything. I made this thread to tell a story, maybe motivate or help someone going through the same shit, and give some shit away like I've done multiple times before:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535881
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504526
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504526

I don't need to prove shit to you and I don't have anything to sell, end of story bro. If you don't want to participate then get lost. You're gonna end up getting me banned and costing someone on here $100 they could go have some fun with because people like you really just rub me the wrong way with your fucking doom and gloom attitude all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom