• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got fired 4 1/2 months ago, now make 3x what my boss did + $100 Giveaway Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure you can calculate the odds...they're very low.

GAF Math Nerds, come heed my call!

This is what we're heading towards. An era in which the lives and worth of others are decided by cold numbers and performance algorithms that don't always make sense and people are embracing it.

Spacebar

The OP is just posting links to amazon. If someone clicks that link and then buys something from amazon he gets a cut. Same as those guys on twitch posting links on their page to buy games.

Congrats on doing better OP. I could use the 100$ to buy some new art supplies.

Zachi

Banned
congrats OP,

you have everyone's dream job, with 15K-20K a month, you'll hit 1M mark in no time, sky is the limit

Shadybiz

Good for you, OP. I'm currently working on something that MIGHT allow me to be self-employed and not have to work too much, but it's very much in the "idea formation" phase. I wish you continued success!

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Holy fuck, that performance metric software is is why I am not in marketing. I understand that more and more businesses are using software to analyze PTO days to make sure that sick days are used because you are really sick. Capitalism yay. :(

Instro

While I'm inclined to think that the OP is getting something out of this beyond attention, given that he hasn't been banned from his previous giveaways I'm guessing he is on the up and up.

Honestly curious how these affiliate marketing programs work. I've seen some people hustle to get some good money out of these things, but (for obvious reasons) never really let in how they get started.

Linkhero1

Honestly curious how these affiliate marketing programs work. I've seen some people hustle to get some good money out of these things, but (for obvious reasons) never really let in how they get started.

You have to make it seem natural. Easiest targets are parents and older people. Just join one of their communities and start posting normally and link a few products here and there while trying to be helpful. Seems like holiday season is where the big bucks come in.

Edit: I'm not into affiliate marketing but from my perspective they seem to be the ones most likely to click and buy for easy conversion.

MVP

Banned
For anyone that wants a better idea of what I do, and maybe it inspires you, check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lO07NjTsrM

Disclaimer: Please please please before you think that I'm scamming you into watching some Youtube video which is a sales pitch and it will have some affiliate link in the comments or whatever, watch it first. There is no sales pitch.

It's simply a guy called Adam Wellington who has his own performance marketing network called Upsurge Media, and he talks about the ups and downs of the business, how he was at the top and some guy stole his money, and how putting in the hard work other people won't will pay off. He also kind of explains what affiliate/performance marketing is. If anybody is already into affiliate marketing, it's cool to hear what he went through. Video is like 4:30 mins long.

There is nothing to be sold in that video, it's a video from Elitedaily which is some rich people site I guess.

This disclaimer was necessary because people seem to be super skeptical on here.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
For anyone that wants a better idea of what I do, and maybe it inspires you, check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lO07NjTsrM

Disclaimer: Please please please before you think that I'm scamming you into watching some Youtube video which is a sales pitch and it will have some affiliate link in the comments or whatever, watch it first. There is no sales pitch.

It's simply a guy called Adam Wellington who has his own performance marketing network called Upsurge Media, and he talks about the ups and downs of the business, how he was at the top and some guy stole his money, and how putting in the hard work other people won't will pay off. He also kind of explains what affiliate/performance marketing is. If anybody is already into affiliate marketing, it's cool to hear what he went through. Video is like 4:30 mins long.

There is nothing to be sold in that video, it's a video from Elitedaily which is some rich people site I guess.

This disclaimer was necessary because people seem to be super skeptical on here.

I clicked all the links in the description anyway.

And what if a person did get sick on the same day of the week multiple times? It's not a good reason to fire anyone because they cannot prove abuse of the system.

My work has similar unwritten rules. If you establish a pattern of being sick on specific days... Like Mondays and Fridays, or before long weekends, you'll get a talking to from your manager. Not really like a "don't do this," but more along the lines of "my manager [your boss's boss] takes note of these things..."

We get unlimited sick days, so ... It's really to prevent people from abusing it or using sick days as vacation days (Something I can say I've definitely done at previous employers).

It's annoying when you are legitimately sick on a monday or a friday and you don't want to take a sick day those days because you know somebody will mutter under their breath about you.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
hes doing something he cant tell us about to make money and wanted to show us his bank statements

Basically. Bad OP. :/

(WHOO FREE $100 WHOO?)

I hate that "you can't use sick days three times in a row" shit. Who gives a damn, so long as you aren't short-handed on those days, I doubt you'll miss one employee using their sick time.

hitsugi

I've read about affiliate marketing to no end at blackhatworld, which seemed to be a popular site for that sort of thing.

However, while it seems some people are making real income, the details of how it occurred never surface. There is always something missing other than merely creating backlinks, spamming your site everywhere, and having a solid domain name.

Maybe it's time to come up with a marketing campaign about marketing.. pretty sure that's what a pyramid scheme is though.

Anyway, clearly you're doing something right, man. Also, I can't believe that sick day thing is an actual policy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom