• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube Live at E3: Two Days in 4K, Starts Sunday June 11

geoff.png

Shin

Banned
Yay, was gonna watch Microsoft's conference in 4K on Mixer but now I can just use YouTube for all of them :D
I hope they can do something about the delay, Twitch is always ahead of everything else.

Trojan X

Banned
My memory was vague on this but wasn't Youtube streaming server really bad last year? I think there was some major technical difficulty and because many sites were using the same channel/stream, they also served the same issues. Again, my memory is vague on this.

My point is I hope Youtube got all issues nailed this time round since they are going to feed in 4k.

farisr

Just for reference people.

The Game Awards stream on YT:
1080p = 3.28GB
4k = 20.04GB

4 times the pixels, but more than 6 times the bitrate. So better quality just based off strictly numbers alone without factoring in other things that can lead to the perceived quality being even better.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Just for reference people.

The Game Awards stream on YT:
1080p = 3.28GB
4k = 20.04GB

4 times the pixels, but more than 6 times the bitrate. So better quality just based off strictly numbers alone without factoring in other things that can lead to the perceived quality being even better.

Oh yes 17 hours in 4K....lots of bandwidth let me tell you! But we did 4K for Game Awards and it went well, so worked with Sony, Xbox and YouTube to give you guys best quality for E3.

Oh yes 17 hours in 4K....lots of bandwidth let me tell you! But we did 4K for Game Awards and it went well, so worked with Sony, Xbox and YouTube to give you guys best quality for E3.

Thank you, Geoff! I will at least be able to get a high quality download to watch afterwards!

Top Bottom