• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube Live at E3: Two Days in 4K, Starts Sunday June 11

jett

D-Member
Nice.

But will YouTube actually let me or will its bandwidth fuck itself like it enjoys doing.

-griffy-

Banned
Wonder if we'll get to see this guy in 4K
VHYiV3H.gif

Worth streaming in 4k on pc through my 1080p projector, or will Pro/Xbone handle this for my 4k TV?

Other option is pc and my 28" 4k monitor, but I want to go big.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I can just use my TV's Youtube app right? It currently can play 4K.
Or do I have to hook up my PC for this?

Please stream at a decent bitrate.

Excellent to hear! I was a bit worried when E3 Coliseum was announced as I though that it could mean Youtube Live at E3 wouldn't be occurring. Crazy to imagine Geoff is juggling them both, but I'm looking forward to it!

Redmoon

Curious to see how Twitch handles this E3(and how much less viewers they get if they can't provide 4k, let alone good 1080p). Have been using them for years, but if they don't have a 4k option I'll have to go with youtube.

Hexer06

I just wish I had Internet that could handle 4k :(. My TV is ready tho, lol. Hopefully the videos will be up for download shortly after. Pretty cool Sony will be in 4k as well. E3 is gonna be so hype! :D

ViciousDS

Banned
Just for reference people.

The Game Awards stream on YT:
1080p = 3.28GB
4k = 20.04GB

4 times the pixels, but more than 6 times the bitrate. So better quality just based off strictly numbers alone without factoring in other things that can lead to the perceived quality being even better.

Yes, I would eat over half of my cap with 4K in one day, dear lord. Guess I'll force output at 1080p on my consoles so it doesn't choose 4k

#fuckcomcast

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So, can I also just have a 480p stream? I want to watch it fluidly and couldn't care less about resolution. I seriously doubt my internet connection or laptop can handle 4k streams.

I can just use my TV's Youtube app right? It currently can play 4K.
Or do I have to hook up my PC for this?

Please stream at a decent bitrate.

Holy shit, I have had a 4k tv since Black Friday, I never bothered with Netflix and stuff because I use my PS4 for nearly everything.
I was just thinking the other day when House of Cards S5 released how it sucks the original PS4 can't output Netflix or YouTube in 4K.

Thankfully your post made me realize it finally for some reasons and im setting everything up now.

Top Bottom