• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Foffy

Banned
A Human Becoming said:
Don't forget all the Wii U info leaked before the announcement.

Both of those involve external factors. A man who was able to very likely smuggle one off of a production line and third parties who always have the ability to talk about stuff when they shouldn't.

The rumor claims that the source of this information actually works at Nintendo.

Some new info from Op Rainfall:

July 7, 2011

American localization of Xenoblade is complete, The Last Story is currently being translated to English for an American release, but there is no word on Pandora’s Tower localization. This information was disclosed to Operation Rainfall today from a source within Nintendo who wishes to remain anonymous. There is currently no indication of when Nintendo of America plans to formally announce these titles.

Last week Nintendo of America told its followers on Facebook and Twitter that it had no plans to bring Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora’s tower to America “at this time.” Nintendo intentionally left open the possibility of release. Allegedly, the Redmond, WA branch has been working with other branches to bring Xenoblade and The Last Story to North America.

According to our source, The NSTC version of Xenoblade was completed just over a month ago, while testing for the PAL and NSTC versions of The Last Story could begin in a month. There is currently no word on localization for an NSTC version of Pandora’s Tower.

Remember, this information was disclosed to Operation Rainfall in confidence. Until Nintendo of America makes an announcement, there will be no official word of an NTSC release. However, this news has increased our hope for a North American release of these games. It could also explain why retailers like Amazon continue to have Xenoblade (Monado: Beginning of the World) listed on their website.

Make of this information what you will, but after much internal discussion Operation Rainfall believed it would be best to share this information with our followers. Consider this our announcement of a forthcoming announcement.

Link

Believe

VertPin

DaSorcerer7 said:
Some new info from Op Rainfall:

July 7, 2011

American localization of Xenoblade is complete, The Last Story is currently being translated to English for an American release, but there is no word on Pandora’s Tower localization. This information was disclosed to Operation Rainfall today from a source within Nintendo who wishes to remain anonymous. There is currently no indication of when Nintendo of America plans to formally announce these titles.

Last week Nintendo of America told its followers on Facebook and Twitter that it had no plans to bring Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora’s tower to America “at this time.” Nintendo intentionally left open the possibility of release. Allegedly, the Redmond, WA branch has been working with other branches to bring Xenoblade and The Last Story to North America.

According to our source, The NSTC version of Xenoblade was completed just over a month ago, while testing for the PAL and NSTC versions of The Last Story could begin in a month. There is currently no word on localization for an NSTC version of Pandora’s Tower.

Remember, this information was disclosed to Operation Rainfall in confidence. Until Nintendo of America makes an announcement, there will be no official word of an NTSC release. However, this news has increased our hope for a North American release of these games. It could also explain why retailers like Amazon continue to have Xenoblade (Monado: Beginning of the World) listed on their website.

Make of this information what you will, but after much internal discussion Operation Rainfall believed it would be best to share this information with our followers. Consider this our announcement of a forthcoming announcement.

Link
:eek:
Want to believe...hopes..rising.

Out of curiosity, was Jim Sterling's video posted already here? I'd do it myself, but the fact that he uses a chart from that one site to help prove what he's saying...it's almost not worth it. It's a fun watch though.

Gravijah

_Alkaline_ said:
There is absolutely no way that rumour is true.

It's just a thinly-veiled attempt to get some last hits and recognition.

You just don't want it to be true since you're from that European country called Australia. :(

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I tried out Xenoblade in Game Dev Story and it sold 12 million copies, so I think they should release it..

Seda

So, let's assume the rumor is indeed true and that the games will be coming to the States.

When would it be announced and why hasn't it been announced already?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
SecretMoblin said:
...but did you show it at Gamedex?

This is important.
Don't worry.. I hired the celebrity Kairobot and the booth babes. We had a good showing.

that's all Nintendo has to do to make millions.

Seda said:
So, let's assume the rumor is indeed true and that the games will be coming to the States.

Nintendo's generally slow to announce that stuff's coming. I believe they have some kind of Q3 meeting later this year or so, where they give more concrete dates. That's how DKC and Kirby got their dates last year, I believe.

Fongul

Seda said:

I have not a clue, but NoA has a pattern of announcing titles only a few months before release.

The Dragon Quest VI announcement for DS this year was announced late last year (Dec. 20th, 2010), only 7 weeks before the release date for the game (Feb. 14, 2011). I wish NoA would announce these games ASAP if this is indeed the case (why keep up waiting?)

Shiggy

I can absolutely confirm that the NoA Product Testing group has just finished testing Xenoblade Chronicles a few weeks ago. Maybe that's what their informer was talking about.

Thoraxes

Shiggy said:
I can absolutely confirm that the NoA Product Testing group has just finished testing Xenoblade Chronicles a few weeks ago. Maybe that's what their informer was talking about.
I'm just waiting to see how everyone reacts if this all comes true.
This whole operation has been a crazy roller-coaster, that's for sure.

Shiggy

Gravijah said:
What exactly does that mean in the grand scheme of things?

The Operation Rainfall source said that NoA has finished testing/localisation of the NTSC Xenoblade version. Now I just wonder whether their source got something mixed up: While the NoA Product testing group is done with Xenoblade, it does not necessarily mean that it was the US version.

Shiggy said:
There's a catch: They tested the European version.
HeartAttack.gif

Shiggy said:
The Operation Rainfall source said that NoA has finished testing/localisation of the NTSC Xenoblade version. Now I just wonder whether their source got something mixed up: While the NoA Product testing group is done with Xenoblade, it does not necessarily mean that it was the US version.
But why would they test the PAL version in the first place? Does NoE not have staff to handle that?

EDarkness

Gunloc said:
But why would they test the PAL version in the first place? Does NoE not have staff to handle that?

I was just going to mention that. Wouldn't make any sense for NoA to test the European version of Xenoblade unless they were testing to see how good the voice and translations were to bring out in the U.S. Anything else wouldn't make any sense.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
EDarkness said:
I was just going to mention that. Wouldn't make any sense for NoA to test the European version of Xenoblade unless they were testing to see how good the voice and translations were to bring out in the U.S. Anything else wouldn't make any sense.

Actually NOA Product Testing is credited in several European Nintendo releases. It was on Another Code R, for example. NoA is really the hub for all Western output, not just American releases, though obviously the finer details go through the specific subsidiary.

Shiggy

Gunloc said:

I'm not too much into the structure of testing at Nintendo. Each territory has its own staff (Mario Club, NoA Product Testing, NoE Quality Assurance). I cannot say why the latter is not able to do all testing on its own.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Ushojax said:
Actually NOA Product Testing is credited in several European Nintendo releases. It was on Another Code R, for example.
Lock it up folks, this ain't coming to the US.
Not this year, at least. There's still time for a token 'we listen to the fans!' small release or downloadable token effort on Wii U...but I wouldn't bet on it.

Shiggy said:
I'm not too much into the structure of testing at Nintendo. Each territory has its own staff (Mario Club, NoA Product Testing, NoE Quality Assurance). I cannot say why the latter is not able to do all testing on its own.
But do you know if they were testing it specifically for NoE?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gunloc said:
But do you know if they were testing it specifically for NoE?

All we know is that NOA Product Testing is frequently credited on games that never come to America. Whether that will happen in this case we don't know.

Ushojax said:
All we know is that NOA Product Testing is frequently credited on games that never come to America. Whether that will happen in this case we don't know.
So basically, it could mean something, or it could mean nothing. And we have no idea if it's related to the info OpRainfall has received.

How lovely. :/

Shiggy said:

I don't know, the article seems very specific.

"Allegedly, the Redmond, WA branch has been working with other branches to bring Xenoblade and The Last Story to North America."

Not just testing in general, but for NA, but at the same time you could be right that the source got PAL/NA testing confused.

But then there's this:

"According to our source, The NSTC version of Xenoblade was completed just over a month ago, while testing for the PAL and NSTC versions of The Last Story could begin in a month."

The NTSC (NSTC lol) version is completed, not the PAL version. He then mentions that both NTSC and PAL versions of TLS could be begin in a month so he's being specific and not just talking in general. I guess we'll see though.

EDarkness

Shiggy said:

I used to work there a number of years ago (in the Redmond office) and I remember there being something about localizing, but I can't remember all the details. Generally, that sort of thing is handled by each territory from what I understood about the policy, but there were special circumstances depending on the game. It is possible for them to be looking at the game and helping with localization.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
European release is probably being moved up to take advantage of the hype at the moment.

I take back what I said a few posts ago about a NA release not being a possibility. It is strange that Peter Dickinson thought the game was being released in the US, since one would think he'd know what his contract covers. That might have just been a precautionary measure so Nintendo wouldn't have to produce a new dub if they decided to bring it to NA after all, though.
I still think the best bet is that there'll be no NA release any time soon, but it's possible.

Shiggy

Krev said:
European release is probably being moved up to take advantage of the hype at the moment.

I take back what I said a few posts ago about a NA release not being a possibility. It is strange that Peter Dickinson thought the game was being released in the US, since one would think he'd know what his contract covers. That might have just been a precautionary measure so Nintendo wouldn't have to produce a new dub if they decided to bring it to NA after all, though.
I still think the best bet is that there'll be no NA release any time soon, but it's possible.

I cannot see NoA releasing Xenoblade Chronicles with a British dub. And NoE certainly doesn't do their own voice track when they are able to get the US one (games with mass market appeal such as Layton are a bit different).

Just poked my head back in here after the initial heel turn by NoA. This would be crazy if true. And also incredibly stupid of NoA. I won't get my hopes up, because getting burned by Nintendo is a skill honed over many years, but I'm glad to see optimism exists.

AceBandage said:
Well, they've done a month prior to release announcement before (Excite Bots).
But they did show it at a trade show before release (GDC). 21 minutes before release but still...
Also, don't forget the NDA on the screenshots...

Shiggy said:
If only I had the localising Hotel Dusk interview on me (deleted off NOE since it was for VIP memebers and they axed the VIP zone) but I seem to recall it being said the entire NOE localising depertment including the testers employed about 30 people (though that was many years ago, it could have expanded by then) and when you consider at least a third of that is translators and Xenoblade is a huge game I can see them calling in the artillery (so to speak) and getting NOA to help out. Plus I guess the testers at NOE have to be more focused on the FIGS side of things.

Shiggy

Starwolf_UK said:
If only I had the localising Hotel Dusk interview on me (deleted off NOE since it was for VIP memebers and they axed the VIP zone) but I seem to recall it being said the entire NOE localising depertment including the testers employed about 30 people (though that was many years ago, it could have expanded by then) and when you consider at least a third of that is translators and Xenoblade is a huge game I can see them calling in the artillery (so to speak) and getting NOA to help out. Plus I guess the testers at NOE have to be more focused on the FIGS side of things.

NoA Product Testing has been involved in all NoE-only projects, if I remember correctly. Another Code R, Last Window, Disaster...probably even Face Training ;D

Top Bottom