• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who was everyone's favorite Rugrat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloyster

Banned
Eh they looked like teenagers so I just kind of changed it in my mind. Pre-teen drama is par for the course Nick.

Remember these 5th graders?

Wolfgang.jpg

and these 6th graders?

latest

239223.jpg

I remember back on that show with a sense of menace, like it was slightly creepy.

Something about a lot of those Nickelodeon shows just weren't right.

You wanna talk Wild Thornberrys though? I'm all ears.
what was creepy about rugrats?

rocko's modern life danced around that line a lot, but ren & stimpy was the worst. I hated that show as a kid. and looking back I don't know why a child would like it at all.
my little c-word*
lol. wtf is that even supposed to mean?

stu doesn't even have a daughter so who could he be talking to
And then you mention the Wild Thornberrys, a show with a central character that looks like...
voiced by:
and her sister's voice by:
Wow

Edit: removed image link, not safe for life

Edit again: Removed entirely, look it up if you want to be disturbed
what are you talking about?
I remember renting and playing the hell out of Search for Reptar. Remember the mini golf and the store level pretty well. Sure it holds up like shit now though.
you mean that they didn't age well?
The original group of Tommy, Chucky, Phil, Lil and Angelica. They worked so well as a group. I didn't like any of the later characters.
the only other later characters that were main characters were kimmy and dil, I think.
Kimi...Unpopular opinion I know...

Kimi.png

I also liked her styles in AGU.

latest

I always thought it was kinda creepy how AGU was about them at ten year olds, having teenage drama and breakups and stuff...10 is still too young for all that.
hey arnold had a lot of that and they were 9 year olds. i didn't know agu was at age 10, though. there was a rugrats special where they were all grown up and i'm pretty sure they weren't 10 in that.

Cloyster

Banned

rocko's modern life danced around that line a lot, but ren & stimpy was the worst. I hated that show as a kid. and looking back I don't know why a child would like it at all.

lol. wtf is that even supposed to mean?

stu doesn't even have a daughter so who could he be talking to

voiced by:

and her sister's voice by:

you mean that they didn't age well?

the only other later characters that were main characters were kimmy and dil, I think.
hey arnold had a lot of that and they were 9 year olds. i didn't know agu was at age 10, though. there was a rugrats special where they were all grown up and i'm pretty sure they weren't 10 in that.

Nope, I remember it vividly. The original All Grown Up special before the series has them go 10 years into the future, and Angelica and Susie are 13, Chuckie is 12, Phil and Lil and Kimi are 11 and Tommy is 11, and Dil is 9.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Ren and Stimpy always made me very uncomfortable, and still does. I see it get praised a lot so I'm glad someone else agrees.

This.

Fj0823

Nope, I remember it vividly. The original All Grown Up special before the series has them go 10 years into the future, and Angelica and Susie are 13, Chuckie is 12, Phil and Lil and Kimi are 11 and Tommy is 11, and Dil is 9.

Yup this is accurate.

I believe All Grown Up ages them up another year after the animation change (Making Tommy 12)

But hey, Gravity Falls has a 12 year old desperately pursuing the love of a 16 year old girl and jokes like this:

So maybe my complain was 12 year old me not relating with the characters until later.

yep, so that's that - the spinoff for some reason was a year before that. they could've just made them full on teenagers. would've been easier for crossovers. I think nick had another show called ginger's way or something like that? also made by the same cartoon company. they really could've benefited by having shared continuity.
what.

the.

fuck...
Ren and Stimpy always made me very uncomfortable, and still does. I see it get praised a lot so I'm glad someone else agrees.
Yeah, definitely. To this day the show still doesn't appeal to me at all and even it does appeal to adults, how in the hell was it supposed to be a kids show, you know?

cheez124

tommy was my favorite, although chuckie was probably easier to relate to. it's boring, i know, but i always seem to like the brave leads over the cowardly sidekicks

yep, so that's that - the spinoff for some reason was a year before that. they could've just made them full on teenagers. would've been easier for crossovers. I think nick had another show called ginger's way or something like that? also made by the same cartoon company. they really could've benefited by having shared continuity.

what.

the.

fuck...
Yeah, definitely. To this day the show still doesn't appeal to me at all and even it does appeal to adults, how in the hell was it supposed to be a kids show, you know?
As Told by Ginger is awful.

yoshiunity

Stu.

Here's the groups with the main cast of Rugrats. You have the babies, you have the adults and you have Stu, who's literally right in the middle as a somewhat competent father who can go from adult to hilarious man child in seconds. Stu is love. Stu is life.

I loved the show to be honest. My only complaint is that it needed more Thorg.

tumblr_mmfqeq1Qy21r2gduyo1_500.png

He was hungry. He wanted eat.

Wait the PS3 slim plays PS1 games???!
the emulator is a bit whacky but yes, it can.
I didn't know until very recently either. Felt so dumb.
i mean, once the slim Ps3 was announced to take out Ps2's BC, I guess no one gave any thought or question to the Ps1 emulation (that happened to still be there). maybe sony should've mentioned or pointed it out when they said Ps2's BC was out.
As Told by Ginger is awful.
I definitely didn't enjoy it more than rugrats or thornberries, but it was pretty good. hell, it even got nominated for some emmys. how often do cartoons get that?

the interesting thing about angelica is that she was one of the main rugrat characters that could not only talk to the babies, but also to the adults and she used that to her advantage a looooot.

I didn't think I'd ever see these games mentioned on GAF.

Search for Reptar is the GOAT. Studio Tour and Rugrats in Paris were fun too. Really weird how they all had mini golf games for whatever reason.
Kimi is top tier

Also what the fuck at that storyboard

Kenai

Angelica was a total jerk but the majority of the series is due to her shenanigans so she's my favorite. She was 3 and could play both sides (kids and adults) like a fiddle.

This right here. Angelica does this type of manipulation on a regular basis, and it's usually pretty hilarious to watch.

I didn't think I'd ever see these games mentioned on GAF.

Search for Reptar is the GOAT. Studio Tour and Rugrats in Paris were fun too. Really weird how they all had mini golf games for whatever reason.
Kimi is top tier

Also what the fuck at that storyboard
It wasn't weird, it was awesome haha. I don't remember if search for reptar had multiplayer but the golf games were always my favorite, I think.

Btw, I think mentioned this game before in a Ps1 thread.
Angelica was a total jerk but the majority of the series is due to her shenanigans so she's my favorite. She was 3 and could play both sides (kids and adults) like a fiddle.

This right here. Angelica does this type of manipulation on a regular basis, and it's usually pretty hilarious to watch.
the interesting thing was how she could communicate with the babies yet was still able to talk the parents. Really well too, I dunno that many three year olds who can talk the way she did.

Stu was the best cartoon dad of all time.

As for the kids I want to say Chuckie but Tommy was straight up, no holes barred the biggest gangster of the group.

dity

As a kid I liked Tommy, probably because he was super nice and I wanted to be his friend.

I always found Angelica fascinating for some reason. Probably because she got lots of stuff and got away with bad things.

But legit though, Reptar was best Rugrat. He's the true hero of the show, no doubt.

I always thought it was kinda creepy how AGU was about them at ten year olds, having teenage drama and breakups and stuff...10 is still too young for all that.
THEY WERE 10?

You're shitting me, right?

All those of you who picked Angelica: Do you guys know about the creepypasta that exists about her?
As a kid I liked Tommy, probably because he was super nice and I wanted to be his friend.

I always found Angelica fascinating for some reason. Probably because she got lots of stuff and got away with bad things.

But legit though, Reptar was best Rugrat. He's the true hero of the show, no doubt.

THEY WERE 10?

You're shitting me, right?
Tommy was kinda full of himself though. Do you remember the episode where Phil & Lil decided to emulate their friends since their parents kept mistaking them for each other? Tommy kept thinking and wanted them to be him but they chose Chuckie & Angelica.

Oh fuck, I forgot about this. Damn.
I didn't even know about it until this thread.
Chuckie. I always rooted for him.

Found a better image of him
Haha, oh that 90s animation. Is that from the pilot?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I like Tommy too.

Also the Light's Out stage in PS1 was scary.

Also RIP Cavanaugh (Chuckie's VA among other things, as well as Dexter, Babe, etc.), she vanished in 2000's and suddenly appeared passing away in Dec. 2014.

should this be in Gaming

Tommy. Always cool as hell.

tumblr_mf7ediNv4P1rofxqqo1_250.gif

Shoutouts to reptar tho

tumblr_leu3irC4If1qb9w8so1_400.gif
Reptar on ice! If you remember in that episode the guy in the suit, as soon as he put on the mask the reptar mouth started working.
Yeah I like Tommy too.

Also the Light's Out stage in PS1 was scary.

should this be in Gaming
I don't know. I got the idea of making this thread when I was playing studio tour, but yeah, most of the discussion has been about the characters of the show, not the actual game. haha.

so yeah, if a mod wants to move it to non-gaming, feel free. just take off the RTTP while you're at it.

I watch "The Santa Experience" every Christmas along with "Arnold's Christmas".

Too bad neither show had good Thanksgiving episodes. Rugrats' has Dil in it and can come off as racially insensitive, Hey Arnold's is just depressing.

In Studio Tour I loved the pirate games, finding the treasure, the golfing, and the racing. I remembering hating the space Chucky sidescroller and the Suzie mine cart thing.

My favorite was Tommy, I think. I actually never played Studio Tour, only played Search for Reptar and that was pretty fun as a kid.

I watch "The Santa Experience" every Christmas along with "Arnold's Christmas".

Too bad neither show had good Thanksgiving episodes. Rugrats' has Dil in it and can come off as racially insensitive, Hey Arnold's is just depressing.

In Studio Tour I loved the pirate games, finding the treasure, the golfing, and the racing. I remembering hating the space Chucky sidescroller and the Suzie mine cart thing.

What are your thoughts on Christmas and the fact that the East Coast gets it three hours earlier and get to open their presents first?

Ferrio

Banned
None, I'd pick Grandpa. The show as much better when the focus was more on the adults and not the actual kids. Then it morphed into Muppet Babies 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom