• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Story trailer

Malvingt2

Hawkgirl

lexhawkgirl.gif

:D

Khezu

Another preview.

The developers took note of several notable changes, though. Hardcore fighting players can turn off environmental damage if they prefer and can now use a part of their meter to push back any opponents who might be guard crushing them in a corner. Players can also opt to change all of the traditional four-direction moves into quarter-circle and half-circle inputs that are better suited on the arcade stick.

Additionally, players can tag various techniques in the movelist so that their inputs appear on the screen, allowing for easier learning and less menu diving. Playing through any of the game's modes, including online matches with can have optional goal objectives, will earn experience points that will unlock avatars and other perks. The only slight disappointment was that tag team matches have been dropped, but that's a small price to pay for what should be an all-around heroic effort.

Sounds like it has challenges similar to the Iron Galaxy games.

ReiGun

People are excited for this story and I just can't relate. Looks meh as all hell.

I imagine the game will still be pretty fun, though I'm not much of an MK fan.

dookeh

NRS needs new artists and animators. It was apparent in MK, and even more so in Injustice: MK with a Paintjob.

Soodanim

Didn't know Hawkman had boobs. (Plus Ed Boon hates Hawkman)

I'm glad I went and found out why.
139523362.jpg

I'm not sure about this game yet. I enjoyed MK9 a lot, and of course this will play the same (for the most part), but there's something about it that puts me off.

If the story mode is half as good as the latest MK's, I'm there day one. As for the costumes, it almost feels like they're purposefully making them look odd so that they can make a killing on selling Klassic Kostume DLC, like they did for MK.

TDLink

If the story mode is half as good as the latest MK's, I'm there day one. As for the costumes, it almost feels like they're purposefully making them look odd so that they can make a killing on selling Klassic Kostume DLC, like they did for MK.

Hadn't considered this but you're probably right. Really hope they're just unlockable instead of DLC though.

oti

Banned
I've played the beginning of the story at a preview event in London. I definitely want to see more of it.

Khezu

I hope there a bit better with DLC this time around, they were very skimpy with MK9.
They release all the pre order DLC as pack, and then gave out 8 free costumes as incentive to DL the compatibility packs.
After that nothing else, all the non ninja characters go screwed.

I'm sold. I loved the mortal kombat reboot, so there's no reason not to buy this. any word on ps3 or 360 exclusive characters?

Glad i'm not alone with this opinion! It just doesn't look interesting. Especially since we had MK vs DC which totally reminds me of this.

No tag team? The hell? I guess I won't buy this. I assumed tag would be in. My friend and I had so much fun tearing it up online tag team.

It really throws good players off having to switch between two different player styles.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Seems like an Elseworlds tale. Sounds possibly interesting. Hopefully the game follows through. Would like to see some multiverse traversal in the story if that's the case.

TDLink

Also, the roster is now:

Characters traditionally Heroes
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Raven
Captain Marvel
Martian Manhunter (Unconfirmed but heavily rumoured)

Characters traditionally Villains
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Doomsday
Harley Quinn
Bane
Catwoman
Solomon Grundy
Deathstroke
Sinestro
Black Adam
Ares

That brings us to potentially 13 "Heroes" and 11 "Villains", making for 24...the number of slots we have seen on the character select in previous builds. Is this the full character roster for the game? Will we see more than these 24?

If it does end up being just these 24 I think overall they did a pretty good job, even if they were a bit heavy on the Batman side of things.

MattDoza

I hate the alternate costumes. And I get a feeling that they'll offer better looking ones at some point through DLC.

DR2K

Banned
Also, the roster is now:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Raven
Captain Marvel

Lex Luthor
The Joker
Doomsday
Harley Quinn
Bane
Catwoman
Solomon Grundy
Deathstroke
Sinestro
Black Adam
Ares

That brings us to potentially 13 "Heroes" and 11 "Villains", making for 24...the number of slots we have seen on the character select in previous builds. Is this the full character roster for the game? Will we see more than these 24?

If it does end up being just these 24 I think overall they did a pretty good job, even if they were a bit heavy on the Batman side of things.

I have hope for Power Girl and StarFire.

Looks fucking terrible. Even if you can get past the horrible quality of the cutscenes (those NPC's!), whenever it shows combat I am horribly, horribly disappointed at what became of Mortal Kombat's fighting engine. It looks clunky as fuck.

Got two nice pieces of info from the IGN article. First, the story mode is going to be pretty long and second
If you enjoy Mortal Kombat’s traditional “down-forward-punch” style, you can stick with that, but if you prefer Street Fighter’s quarter-circle-oriented inputs, you can switch over to those instead

Phew. I cannot handle the Street Fighter controls.

Dereck

Looks fucking terrible. Even if you can get past the horrible quality of the cutscenes (those NPC's!), whenever it shows combat I am horribly, horribly disappointed at what became of Mortal Kombat's fighting engine. It looks clunky as fuck.
Hahaha

Khezu

They have changed a lot of the mechanics so that the game will play very different from MK, and have a different feel, but the actual combo mechanics are largely unchanged, use normals/strings/specials to put them in a juggle state, then form combos.
ibhwLmq0S54yX.gif

They have changed a lot of the mechanics so that the game will play very different from MK, and have a different feel, but the actual combo mechanics are largely unchanged, use normals/strings/specials to put them in a juggle state, then form combos.
ibhwLmq0S54yX.gif

That looks quite painful.

Nori Chan

Also, the roster is now:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Raven
Captain Marvel

Lex Luthor
The Joker
Doomsday
Harley Quinn
Bane
Catwoman
Solomon Grundy
Deathstroke
Sinestro
Black Adam
Ares

I think boon deconfirmed martain earlier

TDLink

I think boon deconfirmed martain earlier

No, someone tweeted at him that he is excited about Martian Manhunter and wants to see him in the game sometime soon. Boon tweeted the hashtag: #dontholdyourbreath, or something to that effect. All it means is there is no video revealing him coming any time soon, it doesn't mean he isn't in the game.

Either way I wouldn't put too much stock into Boon's tweets since he has been deliberately trolling people when it comes to this game.

shaowebb

Dat Giant Bomb Interview

Shit just got real fighting gaf. Check out this rundown of the above link written up by Storms at TYM for a quick version.

Storms said:
  • You can toggle Negative Edge (so the release of an input doesn't count)

• In Game Frame Data for, Normals, Specials, Strings,On Block (just confirmed!), Recovery, Start Up. (Unsure about advantage/disadvantage)

• Practice Mode will let you record your inputs and apply them to the AI
    Online Practice Mode

• Improved hotfix system from MK9, so balancing can be applied more in-depth
  • Huge MARKETING campaign coming soon for Injustice that will involve a "Who will win between X or Y character, where the public votes on who they think will win, and at the end an actual MATCH will be played out by HIGH LEVEL players that NRS is bringing in to determine the Winner. Example: Who will win between Batman and Superman? You vote, than high level gameplay will be released to see the result.
  • Celebs and personalities are getting involved in this marketing Campaign.
  • BAT TOPS
  • Lots of community input went into Injustice
  • NRS hopes INJUSTICE to reach the level of MK9 3-4 years down the road, where it's at EVO and people are finding tech.

And in case you missed it buried in the old thread.

NEW CLASH SYSTEM and GAMEPLAY MECHANICS

New Info?

THE CLASH SYSTEM

1. after your first life bar is gone you can clash, which can break almost any combo (sans supers some meter burned specials ect). then during the clash you can use your meter to do damage if you were clashed or to regain regain health if you started it

2. you can only clash once you still can spend meter in to deal/heal damage

DOUBLE KO

1. double ko is awesome you get back up both on danger

2. there is no double ko maxter you get back up with 10% health when it happens then 5% then 1% or something like that

Other notes:
there are no EX moves, most specials you can burn meter to modify them - something like promoves in MKDC but way more general, more useful and cost meter
it's a 6 button game, you hit the motion and then the meter button - like Batman's BF2 to toss batarang, then you hit the meter button after it's to blow it up for a bar
controls are light, medium, hard, character, background and meter
there are macros that also cost meter like 1+2+3
There are some very exciting in-game options that haven't been announced yet

Meter can also be spent to rapid cancel attacks and strings, allowing you to keep yourself safe in the middle of your pressure and opening up new combo opportunities.

mr. puppy

Banned

gotta agree unfortunately

Khezu

I'm sad they buckled under pressure and made the stage interactions optional. I hope the competitive community aren't babies about it and don't even try it.
iepzgzfe5W5p4.gif

Some of them are so silly, they need to stay.

KalBalboa

Banned
Game looks solid, but I'm really tired of "Superman needs to be taught a lesson by Batman" plots. It's easier to market, but it's been done to death.

Batman's clearly more of a fascist.

Top Bottom