• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

avaya

OK I just ordered a Y5000 PSN card from that eBay seller everyone was recommending. What do I do once I have the code? I have a JPN account and sketchy understanding of Japanese.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
avaya said:
OK I just ordered a Y5000 PSN card from that eBay seller everyone was recommending. What do I do once I have the code? I have a JPN account and sketchy understanding of Japanese.

Just go to account management, select the second option and then again the second option of the list that show's up.

You should end up with a screen with 3 fields you have to put the code in.

U can do the same with your EU/USA account just to check the various steps.

avaya

TTP said:
Just go to account management, select the second option and then again the second option of the list that show's up.

Cheers.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TTP said:

letters in uppercase. not obvious and the default keyboard is lowercase. Stupid sony.

Kyoufu

avaya said:

Select the item you want. Underneath the game title there is an option that says "カート". Select it so it adds the game to your cart. Now continue to the next screen, select "はい" to confirm that is all you want. The next screen shows your order so you advance on that too. Same with the next screen.

Now you'll see 3 choices: クレジットカード(credit card), Edy (JP card swiper thingy) and "プレイステーション ネットワーク カード/チケット"(PSN card/ticket). Obviously you select the 3rd option for PSN card. Enter code and the game is yours.

edit: or do what TTP says lol

spwolf

TTP said:
They might have fixed the glitchy shadows but it's very hard to tell as there are very few and short selfshadowing occurrances on this track.

We need some Daytona to be sure :)

The Honda logo still amazes me.

wait - does that fukin logo have reflections, shadows, etc from the outside world or am I fukin crazy? Thats the most amazing thing I have seen in a long, long time.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spwolf said:
wait - does that fukin logo have reflections, shadows, etc from the outside world or am I fukin crazy? Thats the most amazing thing I have seen in a long, long time.

Yes.

Basically the applied to the logo the reflection map that goes on on the car in 3rd person view. It's not accurate at all (u shouldnt be able to see the sky on it for example), but it's still awesome.

spwolf

TTP said:
Yes.

Basically the applied to the logo the reflection map that goes on on the car in 3rd person view.

thats crazy... as usual, it is attention to detail that blows your mind with these guys.

Goldrusher

mrklaw said:
if you have a japanese credit card you should be fine. I used to use my mastercard but that doesn't work anymore. I think they check the address is legit (which mine is, but it doesn't match the card...)

Doesn't (didn't ?) it work when adding funds in the account menu ?
So not using a credit card to pay in the Store itself, but using the card to fill your wallet in the account (via XMB).

spwolf

in car is a lot - a lot improved from before. And I just have to mention HDR looking so freakin great - perfect application of HDR.

I gotta see Fuji now...

edit: yeah, fuji looks awesome.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Damn they didn't fix shit. Still shimmering and will look worse "live" via HDMI. Oh well. Money is already in the Wallet.

Can't say about the frame rate as vid is 30fps, but I can clearly see some issues with tearing and stuff. Why the fuck did you go 1080p PDI? WHY!?!?

spwolf

TTP said:
Damn they didn't fix shit. Still shimmering and will look worse "live" via HDMI. Oh well. Money is already in the Wallet.

not realy, adjust your tv properly - i put mine on cinema + settings, looked fine... click on Vivid, and every freakin thing was poping up, jaggies everywhere. And thats via HDMI to my 50" TV.

Zabojnik

Still no temporary or permanent tyre marks tho. Why is that? Does this feature take a lot of resources or something? I'm genuinely curious, as this seems a pretty obvious thing to have in a racing game, graphics wise.

Looks fantastic, anyways. I'm still on the fence. Get it now, wait for february. I guess I'll wait and see how the online turns out in two weeks.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spwolf said:
not realy, adjust your tv properly - i put mine on cinema + settings, looked fine... click on Vivid, and every freakin thing was poping up, jaggies everywhere. And thats via HDMI to my 50" TV.

Dude just look at the "reflections" on the windscreen wipers at the beginning. That's totally not right. And so distracting to me.

deepbrown

Zabojnik said:
Still no temporary or permanent tyre marks tho. Why is that? Does this feature take a lot of resources or something? I'm genuinely curious, as this seems a pretty obvious thing to have in a racing game, graphics wise.

Looks fantastic, anyways. I'm still on the fence. Get it now, wait for february. I guess I'll wait and see how the online turns out in two weeks.
Prologue<<<<<<<GT5.

Plus tyre tracks are quite minimal in racing...unless you skid off or really tight corners.

Kuran

Banned
Kuran said:
How is the Logitech Driving Force EX for PS3 with this game? Decent?

I can get it practically for free through my work.. but I don't want to get stuck with a cheap plastic thing that will just gather dust.. :/

Quoting myself, I know its not that honorable.. but mayhaps the answer might court another likend mind!

Looks like the shimmering and v-sync problems are still there but I do not blame Polyphony.

I think this generation the expectations are so high from a developer standpoint.
I imagine the mass effect team envisioned the game without the frame drops and tearing etc but when it came down to it they did the best they could but in there minds they have to be thinking that it could have been better.
I bet when they finished soul caliber for DC they were like....wow, we really exceeded our expectations here.
That will not happen to developers this gen.
Polyphony has a vision and the PS3 is coming up a little short for them and we can see it in the compromising they are having to make.
Even Halo 3 had to run below HD rez. Bungie expected more i am sure.
The consoles this gen just do not live up to the expectations and creative vision of the developers.

spwolf

TTP said:
Dude just look at the "reflections" on the windscreen wipers at the beginning. That's totally not right. And so distracting to me.

what video are you talking about? I watched london one 5 times on 50" screen, couldnt notice it previously. It couldnt be that distracting, especially since I watching it on big ass tv. Of course, now that you pointed it out I am sure I would notice it.

But when I checked, it was a big improvement over demo.

deepbrown

weedlewalker said:
Looks like the shimmering and v-sync problems are still there but I do not blame Polyphony.

I think this generation the expectations are so high from a developer standpoint.
I imagine the mass effect team envisioned the game without the frame drops and tearing etc but when it came down to it they did the best they could but in there minds they have to be thinking that it could have been better.
I bet when they finished soul caliber for DC they were like....wow, we really exceeded our expectations here.
Polyphony has a vision and the PS3 is coming up a little short for them and we can see it in the compromising they are having to make.
The consoles this gen just do not live up to the expectations and creative vision of the developers.
You write strangely.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
weedlewalker said:

That's why I question the PDI decision to go 1080p. I'm pretty sure they can't do stuff they could if they just kept it 720p. I dont even have a 1080p and yet have to suffer from it.

spwolf

Zabojnik said:

i thought there were tire marks, it just depends on the surface if they are shown a lot or not.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spwolf said:
what video are you talking about? I watched london one 5 times on 50" screen, couldnt notice it previously. It couldnt be that distracting, especially since I watching it on big ass tv. Of course, now that you pointed it out I am sure I would notice it.

But when I checked, it was a big improvement over demo.

I'm talking about the Fuji vid.

And no, there are no tire marks anywhere

antiloop

weedlewalker said:

But the difference is that PD can still say "What the heck we have the most amazing looking racing game so far at 60 FPS with 16 cars on track at the same time". Those other games can not say the same and therefore they have no excuse. :lol

Top Bottom