• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

expy

Banned
neojubei said:
This cannot be the xbox 360 slim just cannot be.

Typed on my iPad
Nobody ever said it was going to be a slim.... Heck, they have no history of making slim consoles, ever. Big misconception....

Diablos

Antec called, they want their design back!

Looks like the only thing "slim" about the new design (if this really IS the new design) is the power brick :lol :lol :lol

Parapraxis

Looks to be a little bit skinnier, but taller due to the HDD being fully enclosed.
3757176-2_0.png

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If there's a bundle that comes with the Nat... I mean, Kinect camera (god that name is going to take a while), I'll get it with the bundle.

Diablos

MS can obviously do whatever the hell they want, but I can't help but wonder why:

-It isn't seriously slim. Is there really any reason for the console to remain that size? What is this, battle for the living room? It's still huge. Ridiculously huge. This isn't NUON 2, dammit!

-The power brick is still external? They couldn't figure out a way to make it internal after five years? Oookaayy.

whitehawk

Banned
Parapraxis said:
Looks to be a little bit skinnier, but taller due to the HDD being fully enclosed.
3757176-2_0.png
Re-do this, because you included the button on the Elite. I think the button on the "slim" is somewhere else, rather than attached the disc tray area. So if you re-did it, it would make the Slim smaller.

I'd like to see more pictures. The one pic we have is at a really weird angle. I'm sure quality high-res pics will be available after the press conference on Monday.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Diablos said:
MS can obviously do whatever the hell they want, but I can't help but wonder why:

-It isn't seriously slim. Is there really any reason for the console to remain that size? WTF is this, battle for the living room? It's still huge. Ridiculously huge.
-The power brick is still external? They couldn't figure out a way to make it internal after five years? Oookaayy.

-Well they don't seem to have the best hardware engineers around
-Unconfirmed. Those are just shops that you're seeing.

Diablos said:

-It isn't seriously slim. Is there really any reason for the console to remain that size? WTF is this, battle for the living room? It's still huge. Ridiculously huge.
I personally prefer external bricks. If the internal PSU goes out, it's a pain to replace (if at all possible). If the external brick goes out, you can just buy another one.

Parapraxis

neoanarch said:
the 360 fat is at a weird angle that makes it look way to short.
I looked for a while for a similar angle to no avail LOL.

And as whitehawk said I included the button on the Elite, so MAYBE the size difference is even greater.
Though to be fair, The picture of the redesign is awfully blurry and In photoshop it looked to be matched up properly.

mollipen

J-Rzez said:
Looks pretty shard if you ask me. Definitely an upgrade in looks. If reliability is better, it'll take off well.

Upgrade in looks if you like things that are "leet" or "xtreme" or "powered by XXX".

Diablos

Zero-Crescent said:
I personally prefer external bricks. If the internal PSU goes out, it's a pain to replace (if at all possible). If the external brick goes out, you can just buy another one.
How much is a new brick if you don't have a warranty?

I just had a couple of drinks, and the "beer goggle" effect appears to be working. It's less ugly, now. But it'll be ugly again in the morning.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
J-Rzez said:
Looks pretty shard if you ask me. Definitely an upgrade in looks. If reliability is better, it'll take off well.
The big vents on the side looks like that Microsoft could have taken care of any overheating problems. I hope this new model is reliable.

Typed on my iPad.

neojubei said:
The big vents on the side looks like that Microsoft could have taken care of any overheating problems. I hope this new model is reliable.

Typed on my iPad.

It damn well better be.

Typed on my keyboard.

J-Rzez

neojubei said:

Typed on my iPad.

Yeah, that and reconfigured mobo/chipsets will probably help out big time, though I guess the drive will still pump out some heat. They need to do something to help out consumers peace of mind on it. But I just think it looks really sleek now, not so cheap. Looks awesome.

Typed on my Razer Tarantula.

kaskade

I'm not going to shit all over it yet. I'm still rocking a 20 gb hard drive. If it's quiet(er) and the power supply is internal, I will most likely upgrade. I kind of wish they would do a slot loading tray though.

jax (old)

Banned
Parapraxis said:
Agreed, nobody gives a shit.
I thought for a second it was auto-generated, but it's not, it's just users being pompous asses.
:lol

I think its a setting you can activate. I have an ipad but it doesn't post a message like that.

emails it does.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Parapraxis said:
Agreed, nobody gives a shit.
I thought for a second it was auto-generated, but it's not, it's just users being pompous asses.
:lol
Actually no. I am on my couch typing and just put that there so incase autocorrect changed some of my words people would know it was the iPad doing it but I'll stop if it just a pain on your well beings

LiK

neojubei said:
Actually no. I am on my couch typing and just put that there so incase autocorrect changed some of my words people would know it was the iPad doing it but I'll stop if it just a pain on your well beings

no need for the sig in every post. thanks.

Why For?

Banned
neojubei said:

Thanks.

Typed on my balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom